Ed's Electric Service

Slidell, LA 70458

Electrical Services...

11/04/2020

Erika S.

It went well. They were professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Install new pendant lights, foyer light, dining room chandelier and ceiling fans

06/08/2018

Yvette C.

Overcharged by far. Never use him again.

Description of Work
Install a fluorescent light in garage.

Category lighting

Good morning ! I just received and read your review and became quite concerned. As a business owner customer satisfaction is a priority and for 30 years that has never changed. After researching through our accounting and field service systems, I see no record of providing any service at this address in the past 5 years or more. nor is your name within either of our systems. Please provide me with a copy of our invoice showing services provided and I will personally address your concerns. If you have confused us with another electrical service (it happens) we would greatly appreciate you acknowledge that in a reply. Looking forward to your reply. Ed Beals (Owner/operator)

07/12/2017

Richard L.

All work was great. Arrived on time and got right to work. Power was only off for about 6 hours, Which was what I was told when they arrived.

Description of Work
Replaced electrical service box with all new breakers, Outside meter pan and added portable generator connection.

Category electrician

Mr [Member Name Removed] Appreciate you taking the time and providing this positive review. Glad we met or exceeded your expectations and are here if we can be of help in the future. Sincerely Ed Beals (Owner/operator)

08/25/2016

Diane T.

02/04/2016

Loretta B.

Description of Work
He replaced the timer on my water heater. No matter how small the job, he'll come out and take care it.

07/01/2015

Paul P.

Michael arrived to work in a timely manner. He removed the old lighting, measured, and installed the new lighting. He was very professional and courteous. We were extremely pleased with the level of service that he provided. We highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Removed 3 flourescent lighting fixtures and installed 7 recessed lighting.

12/23/2014

James C.

It went very well, repairman was very professional and saved me significant costs by repairing 3 breakers for minimal cost when he could have told me to replace them at triple the cost. Also, checked other circuitry for potential problems and gave me a clean electrical bill of health. He was very efficient, careful to not make a mess and cleaned up completely after himself. Please note that this service was done about a year or more ago but I kept forgetting to do the review and got an email reminder to review another vendor today and was reminded to do this one too.

Description of Work
repaired main inside electrical panel by repairing one breaker and replacing another and repaired two breakers on the outside electrical panel.

Category electrician

[member name removed] Appreciate you taking the time to express your opinion of the service we provided. We are and will remain focus on providing professional service at a competitive price in an effort to acquire new and retain existing customers. Thanks again and Happy New Year Ed Beals (Owner, Operator)

12/23/2014

Edward O.

Great service. Fairly priced. Very professional

Description of Work
Evaluated out of service circuit.

12/15/2014

Greg L.

Everything went very well. Ed was friendly and helpful, he was happy to take on the additional tasks, and he did an excellent job in all respects.

Description of Work
I hired him to fix a ceiling fan in addition to some other electrical issues.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

04/11/2014

Loretta B.

Ed came to the house on scheduled appointment day and listened to all my concerns about the house. He provided an estimated for work. When I approved the quote, he set up a date for work to be done. Mike and Keith were at the house early on scheduled day and let me know when and what they were working on. They corrected a lot of electrical challenges in this house and everything works so much better now. The garage was an electrical disaster and they made it more functional. Everything worked like clock work. Utility company were prompt in coming to turn electricity off and back on. They had done a great job in setting everything up. Proper permits were posted on the house and the inspector approved everything after all the work was completed. They were so professional!! When I need any electrical work done, I know who I'm calling!!

Description of Work
Replaced meter pan and upgraded grounding system. Replaced outdoor electrical panel and relocated within garage. Labeled new panel. Corrected/terminated garage ceiling receptacles and installed new 20 AMP CRT. Replaced garage ceiling fixtures and installed 2 new 8' fluorescent strip. Removed and installed new outdoor garage light. Installed 4 GFI control receptacles in garage. Corrected light switches inside home.

03/24/2014

walter B.

Excellent Service. We have used Ed numerous times and highly recommend him

Description of Work
outside Elec outlets for Christmas Lights

Category electrician, lighting

03/14/2014

Patrick B.

AAAAAAAAA++++++ First, I called Ed because of the reviews on Angie's List. You all were right. Ed called me back twice after my initial call - he gets an A just for that. Nice,nice,nice guy. He sent Keith the NEXT morning. Keith called first to say he was on his way....nice. I showed Keith the scope of the work and off he started to work. He works CLEAN and smart. He had some questions and comments as he went along that were helpful. Nice guy to work with. No texting and talking on a cell phone - just working steady. Again - nice. I didn't ask Ed for a price before they started and I was pleased with the price. It was about what I thought it would be given Angie's reviews. It all felt HONEST and REASONABLE. Oh, I threw the "adding an outlet in the closet" at they very end - didn't want it it be an all day project, but he said EZ. Adding that seemed easier than the dimmer switches - who knew!!!!!!!!! LOL! No need to look any further for an Electrician - call ED!!!!!

Description of Work
Put in 6 dimmer switches, wired a light fixture and wired a new outlet into a closet.

12/31/2013

Art R.

Ed's service rep showed up on time as scheduled. He was pleasant and professional. He looked at the problem and had a replacement part on the truck. I was amazed that the part was on the truck. I think this was due to Ed asking me to send him a picture so they were able to have the part ready to install. I am very pleased with the service and I highly recommend Ed's Electric.

Description of Work
Replaced bathroom ceiling fan/Heater/Light

12/19/2013

Ed H.

Great...we have had Ed's help many times. In fact, we almost feel that he and his employees are part of our family. His service is always prompt, courteous, dependable, and the problems are always solved. We would give him an A++++ and look forward to his help in the future.

Description of Work
Checked electrical capacity for inductive cooktop

11/19/2013

Deborah A.

Very professional. Everything went well.

09/12/2013

Christopher A.

Ed and his crew are very knowledgeable and explain everything they propose to do in precise detail. They are very helpful in solving problems and recommending alternative solutions. They do not try to sell you what is not needed, and offer money-saving advice where appropriate. They are friendly, punctual, and respectful of your property. The price was exactly as presented in the detailed estimate and the work was done professionally and exactly as specified. I will use them again when next I need an electrician.

Description of Work
Removed home's old electrical panel that was obsolete and had no room for additional circuits. Installed new panel, ran new circuit to microwave, a new circuit to a soon-to-be-installed mini heat pump, ran a feeder to a detached workroom and installed panel there, and installed a circuit for a generator inlet, with a lockout safety feature that prevents utility power from being on while generator is on.

03/15/2013

Susan O.

Ed's guys did a great job! Showed up on time and did the work quicker than they estimated. After replacing the breaker panel and getting CLECO to hook the power back, they took the time to try each swtich and outlet, and marked the panel with the area it controlled. These guys are good, worth the price, and I highly recommend using them.

Description of Work
Replaced our breaker panel and brought our outside connection from CLECO up to code.

03/11/2013

GAIL A.

It went very well. I hate having to find new sources because you don't know what you're getting. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember my Angie's list password and didn't have time to reset. Anyway, the electrician came--I think it was Ed himself--and I was grately relieved to sense that he was an honest and reliable man and all the fear of having a stranger in my home was gone. He arrived punctually, was very clean in his appearance, did the work, asked if there were any other problems that needed to be addressed. He was respectful, had a good sense of humor, and all went well. I was thrilled to have light again in my sewing room and I had no objection to his bill.

Description of Work
The electrician replaced wall switches and installed spacers behind a loose receptable. Frankly, I have no idea how to judge the amount charged. I don't know what electricians charge per hour or whether they charge by the job--my fault for not inquring.

01/30/2013

CAROLYN A.

I would recommend that individuals call them and try them. Their representative was efficient, polite and knew his business. They were referred to me by another company I talked with. They knocked out something on my power grid and had to send someone else out to fix that. Both individuals that came out were professional and answered all my questions. Everything was fine with the work they did. I used them in the past but did not remember them.

Description of Work
I used Ed's Electric Service to put in a new electrical outlet in my kitchen.

01/07/2013

James C.

The electrician was very professional, very efficient, and on top of that, very cordial, it was a pleasure doing business with him. He called ahead to let us know approximately when he'd arrive, he called when he was in route, and he arrived on time. After I described the problem, he got to work immediately determining the source of the problem and then began repair work shortly thereafter. He had all needed parts on his truck, so did not need to leave for parts. He worked quickly and effectively and did a thorough job of cleaning up after himself. I highly recommend, and would definitely call, Ed's Electrical again if needed.

Description of Work
The symptoms that caused me to call for repairs were the lights were dimming frequently and sometimes would not come on at all or would go off by themselves. And some of the electrical outlets would periodically not work. It turned out that electrical breakers for our kitchen overhead lighting and several outlets in our kitchen were severely worn and needed to be replaced. While replacing the obviously affected breakers, the electrician inspected the other breakers which were all original to my 34 year old house, and discovered that two other breakers needed to be replaced and did that while he was here, saving me another service call. Prior to his arrival I had tried to determine the problem myself and had removed several light switches to see if there were any loose wires and I had left them out so that the electrician could inspect them easier. On determining that the problem was the breakers and not the switches, the electrician replaced five switches for me with no extra charge.

08/20/2012

Tim E.

Ed called my home phone. My 10 yr old son answered the phone and they were disconnected. He then called my wifes cell phone and she gave him the number to my newly issued iphone. Anyone else would have been disgruntled and probably gave up by this time. He called to make sure I was home or on my way for our appointment before stopping by. Ed then showed up at the time we had agreed upon. He looked at the stadium light and the generator and simply showed me how to set it up and then told me of the products that I would need to do so. After talking about some fishing, he left. I was extremely impressed with his degree of professionalism, patience, and service. His company will get used again, and I will let others know of his work.

Description of Work
Ed himself came over and showed me how to wire a stadium light. He also showed me which adapters I would need and how to set everything up. A generator was involved with powering the light and he showed me how it should line into the generator and how to set it for 120v instead of 240v.

12/30/2011

sarah W.

I will definitely use Ed's Electric again. I called, they called me right back. They worked within my schedule and set up an appointment. They had a cancellation and called to ask if I would like them to come sooner. The electrician who came, Mike, was on time, pleasant, and got right to work. I had them do 3 relatively minor jobs, and it wasn't a problem. Their add says "No job too small" and I believe them. I had them move one outlet up about 18 inches to make way for a new air conditioning duct. They were comfortable and competent working in an old house with hard-hard-hard wood walls and dealing with existing wiring. I also asked them to instal a new outlet in the floor below my desk area. They had to pull wire from a light in the attic, run the wire in the space between the floor boards and install a new outlet box. In addition, I had them check out a 3-way light switch that wasn't working. They checked the connections and found that the wiring was fine. He slightly adjusted one light socket, replaced the bulbs and it works fine. He was here just over 2 hours and completed all three jobs competently and efficiently. I will not hesitate to use them again or to recommend them to others.

Description of Work
1) Moved one wall outlet 2) Checked wiring in one oddly behaving 3 way light 3) Installed a new electrical outlet in the floor

09/07/2011

Charlene A.

The technician was very prompt, courteous and helpful in terms of going above and beyond looking for things. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Ed's Electric Service to check and repair some of our electrical outlets.

11/12/2010

dan M.

I have used him three times altogether. He is very reliable and he is very professional. He is reasonable. He is prompt. The quality of his work is good. I would use him again in the future.

Description of Work
Ed's Electric Service installed one or two ceiling fans in my house. He had also replaced some valves and a light in my office. He has got a listing in Slidell, Pearl River area.

12/16/2008

Phillip H.

It went fine. I had no problems with him. He showed up right away and knew what he was doing. He came to the same conclusion we did but much quicker than we did.

Description of Work
We had some lights that weren't working on some circuits. We thought it was a problem with the supply to the house from the transformer but we couldn't verify that. He ended up calling the power company to fix it. He also replaced two circuit breakers.