Eco Builders Inc

Founded 1973 • With Angi since July 2010

4.4

900 OLD SPANISH TRL

Slidell, LA 70458

Welcome to our home on the Internet. E.C.O. Builders, Inc. is a full-service general contracting company serving Southeast Louisiana and surrounding areas. Our team of professionals provides our clients with comprehensive construction services including project development and planning,

09/16/2019

Mary Nancy S.

So far, so good! They were on time and professional.

Description of Work
They are building an addition.

02/26/2016

Ann C.

Description of Work
Installed solar panels, Solar screens, home energy audit

Category flooring contractor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, home builders, home remodeling, doors

06/29/2015

tanja H.

I am satisfied with their service. they were always reachable and got the job done quickly. They were not the cheapest, but I think their service may be superior to the others I was in touch with. originally was supposed to have the job done by another co. because they came in with a lower bid but unfortunately did not deliver on time. So I switched to ECO and they took care of it. the only problem we had was a miscommunication on what was included in the bid. I believed replacing the subfloor was included. so as a customer I think it's important to get as much detail as u can bc we don't understand the lingo. in the end it went ok as they gave me a good price to add the subfloor.

Description of Work
replaced a beam over the garage

Category contractors, flooring contractor, remodeling

02/03/2015

Ronald & Kathryn E.

They did not correct the problem. We ended up spending many thousands of dollars to correct what they did. They were friendly. That's the good part. But it was not a good experience.

Description of Work
They made our cabinets a few years ago. We called them back a few months ago because we had a problem with them. I just saw this and the Angie's list person who called asking for info did not get right. WE DID NOT HAVE CABINETS BUILT BY THIS COMPANY. THEY DID FOUNDATION LEVELING.

Category custom cabinets

12/04/2014

Cory M.

The quality of work was very good and everything I expected. The project did take longer than I expected it to partly due to finding more problems with the house than were initially expected. The prices are on the higher end, but are fair when compared to the quality of work performed. The quoting and billing processes were clear and straight forward. If you are looking for a quality job then ECO is who you are looking for. I definitely have peace of mind that the project is done right.

Description of Work
Replace and repair framing, siding, and exterior trim that was rotted from years of neglect.

Category remodeling, siding, woodworking

10/27/2014

Tracey K.

Fast, quick, and reliable.

Description of Work
General floor work.

06/30/2014

Kathleen and Paul E.

Very satisfied. I like the construction. The people working there, if there was any question about something they would take care of it. They were just very easy to work with. I felt like they were more expensive than other people. I felt like they went out of their way to please.

Description of Work
deck

Category decks, dock building

05/20/2014

Archie C.

The job went a little longer than expected and I found some workmanship issues after they left. I sent a letter to E.C.O. expressing my issues and expecting them to be fixed. I was contacted buy E.C.O. buy phone to set up a appointment to resolve these issues at my convenience. The work was completed to my satisfaction. Here are some of the issues: : Caulking at bottom of doors incomplete or not done correctly. : Molding not lined up at corner or not cut properly to floor molding. : Scratched sideing at outlet opening on back house.

Description of Work
Replace exterior wall's on the back house with sideing. Install new doors on front and rear houses.

02/23/2014

Martin N.

We have used ECO for several projects over the years, beginning in 1995, when they did a flood remodel for my mother. The next project was a complete bathroom remodel, including a new 3 x 5 shower and a whirlpool tub . The next job was the construction of a ground level deck with a stairway to the second story deck of the house. We haven't had a need since then but we would use their services for future projects.

Description of Work
The last project was a renovation of Katrina flood damage, 66 inches of water lower floor of home. That renovation included electrical, windows, doors and a unique installation of wall material for flood mitigation.

Category decks, handyman service, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

Thank you for your kind words, [removed members name]. It was always such a pleasure working with you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

01/25/2014

Jo B.

The company and their staff are excellent. The contractor who did my job was courteous, professional and "listened" to my wants and needs. He let me know everything beforehand and if I did not understand he was patient and took the time to explain why he chose to do something in a certain way. Everything was cleaned up. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed two exhaust fans (I purchased fans) and duct work and routed through soffit in two bathrooms and installed a new medicine cabinet (I purchased the cabinet) in one of the bathrooms.

Category custom cabinets, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

It's always a pleasure working with you, [member name removed]. Thank you for your continued business.

11/18/2013

Steve H.

Prep of walls went fine except new texture uneven in places/missing and when they painted the walls they started to use wrong brand of paint, used brand of color picked out not what was in quote/contract and then used semi-gloss instead of flat as in contract Did not finish gaps between new baseboards and existing & new tile (said not their job), when they tried to use tile caulking was horrible. They then offered to put quarter rounds along bottom edges and did an excellent job on that. Did an excellent job on lighting/fixtures and installing new mirror. Must watch them to make sure they do a good job.

Description of Work
Remodeled bathroom. Stripped wallpaper/primed &painted, installed new vanity, Replaced baseboards, installed new lighting/electrical outlets, tiled bathroom closets and installed new mirror.

Category plumbing, remodeling

[removed member name] Per our conversation we have spoke with our field supervisor about our your concerns and are happy that you were overall satisfied with the quality of work performed by E.C.O. Builders. I would also like to thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I always want to make sure that our customers are treated fairly and are completely satisfied with the work performed by E.C.O. Builders, Inc. Here at E.C.O. Builders we take great pride in customer service and customer satisfaction. It was a great pleasure working with you. Should you ever need anything in the future please do not hesitate to call us. Thanks again [removed member name]

06/17/2013

Meg M.

They seemed extremely professional. Their paperwork was very well put together and the person that we spoke with came to our house and seemed very willing to work with us. The price is reasonable.

Description of Work
ECO Builders, Inc. did a quote for us for home building.

Category home builders

We would like to take the opportunity to say what a great pleasure it was working with you, (Member name removed). E.C.O. Builders, Inc. takes pride in maintaining relationships with past customers so should you ever need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to call us. Thanks again!!

03/13/2013

Diane B.

They were professional. When they said they would come out they did. They completed the job in three days. Didn't take long. Did what they had to do. They also cleaned up behind themselves.

Description of Work
They performed plumbing for the whole house and built steps for upstairs and downstairs. They also built a deck.

Category contractors, decks, plumbing, remodeling

[member name removed}, Thank you for your continued business. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and hope that you will keep E.C.O. Builders, Inc. in mind for future projects.