A-1 Remodeling & Building Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since October 2008

Multifaceted company specializing in residential and commercial remodeling, restoration, building , Home elevation,House leveling, Foundation repairs, Helical pilings , Spray foam insulation, Mold remediation, Kitchens, baths, siding, windows, interior ,exterior and home repairs. Licensed and insured in Louisiana and Mississippi. Affiliated with BBB (A+ Accredited Rating), National Homebuilder's Association for over 25 years, Chambers of Commerce and others. Locally owned and operated. On staff workers who actually do the field work. If clients for whatever reason cannot be there when work is being done or need assitance to get the work done such as insurance claims. We send photos and videos of jobs in progress as needed and they can pay online. We have the highest recommendations and references possible. Mike Delaney (Owner) Michelle Delaney(Owner) a1remod@bellsouth.net...

Will I Am Painting Contractor LLC

Over 40 years experience. WILL I AM is a small local company that takes pride in providing top quality work with meticulous attention to detail. Client satisfaction is our #1 goal.

Northshore Painting & Home Improvement

Northshore S&W Painting is now doing business as Northshore Painting ~ Proudly serving the South Shore, Orleans Parish, and Jefferson Parish. With over 20 years of experience in the paint trade, we provide quality workmanship for residential and commercial clients. In need of fresh paint, drywall repair, power washing or any other skilled handyman work? Look no further! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! Workmanship guaranteed for One Year! Northshore Painting will provide top-quality interior and exterior residential and commercial painting services. Greater New Orleans Area Leader offering professional high-quality painting. Five worker crew. No subcontractors. Angie's List Super Service Award 5 years in a row 2011 - 2016. Need a quote? Email us at phil@northshorepainting.com with your project request. Emails are checked daily. Will accommodate your schedule. Please allow us up to 5 to 7 days to receive proposal after time of initial estimate.

One Man & A Toolbox LLC

One Man And A Toolbox, LLC is a full service professional Home and Commercial Remodeling, Maintenance and Repair company with professional master tradesman that specialize in assuring that while your needs may be large or small, they're done correctly, safely, and in the most cost effective way possible. Licensed, insured and with many quality references (which are the pride of our company). There is NEVER a charge for a consultation or quote and ALL jobs are warranted.

07/21/2019

The owner scheduled a time to meet and inspect the job, gave me alternatives and later sent a contract for review. We agreed to the scope of work, price, & timing. I did pay a deposit a few days before the work and the balance when the job was complete. Everything went according to plan. The workers were prompt and professional. It's been a year since the leveling was done & I am still satisfied w...

Description of Work
Leveling a wood frame house on piers

Category remodeling,foundation repair

06/01/2017

VERY UNHAPPY KNOW I HAVE TO START LOOKING AGAIN. maybe my project was to small maybe unimportant to the owner he might want big job big money but small jobs got him there I bet.

Description of Work
Jim came to my house talked about kitchen remodel project I thought everything was a go this was on 5/24. Jim calls today 6/1 tells owner said could not do job until 4 or 5 month if then. So my job is not as important as others then quit going and getting people hopes up. I will Not ever use them never.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], I am sorry that we could not get to your estimate. We got extraordinarily busy and we didn't want to take on more than we could do. We have a large return client base and we feel it is best to tell people up front our timeline. Sincerely, Mike Delaney

12/05/2016

Excellent! Quality craftmanship. Exceeded expectations.

Description of Work
Shower and tub remodeling

Category remodeling,home remodeling

10/26/2016

I talked to these people three times over a week and asked for an estimate. Was promised one three times and still have never heard from them about the estimate after two weeks. They must not need new business. If not, they should say so up front.

Description of Work
Spray foam insulation and prep work.

Category insulation

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], I am sorry we could not get to your estimate. We got busier than anticipated and could not keep up with the calls. Since then we have implemented systems and software to keep up with the ever changing work load. Sincerely, Mike Delaney

09/14/2016

After meeting with my wife, Mike D. made the cardinal mistake of requesting paperwork showing what the insurance company was going to pay. That was it....he was not being considered. Think of it this way, you go to the store to buy an apple...you approach the cashier and they ask how much in your wallet. Business ethics like that are not needed in our situation...were going with someone else.

Description of Work
Whole home renovation after the recent flood.

Category remodeling

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], We normally offer different options in a situation like this. One of those options being that we would negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. We find that most of the time the adjuster that comes out to your house is not skilled in construction, remodeling, mold remediation, or home repairs. Our intention in asking for the insurance information was to ...

01/27/2016

Attempted to get the provider out for an estimate several times -- beginning over a year ago -- they simply never show up or call when they say they are going to. I met them at home show in New Orleans about a year ago, they seemed nice and we talked about possible work. Following this I called the office to set up an appointment. Everything was going fine. The office tells me they'll have to have their estimator call me because only he knows his schedule or something like that. Well he never calls, a week passes, no calls. About a year later I still need the work done and decide to give them another try. Again everything goes fine and the office tells me that the estimator can come out a certain date and time, which is of course a weekday afternoon. I take time off of work in preparation for this meeting, excited to finally get some work done, and the actual estimator calls and cancels morning of. This is too bad, but you know things happen, the estimator says he will call back early the next week to reschedule, which is fine. He never calls back. I call him back, and offer another date, about a week after that to which he says it may work, he'll confirm. He never calls back. Weeks pass, no calls. Forget it. If it's going to take two plus months to get an estimate tell me that upfront.

Description of Work
No work was completed.

Category room remodeling

12/11/2015

I want to begin by saying that we are very happy with the results of our home improvements and the work that was done by A-1 Remodeling. I would hire them again without hesitation and highly recommend them. We had a quick response after contacting them. They sent someone to talk with us, do a walk-thru of the house, and discuss our wish list. I already had in my mind what a fair price would be for all of the work I wanted done, and I was upfront with the dollar range that I had in mind. He was prompt in getting us an estimate and it was within my budget. We agreed on when they would begin (it should be noted that we had not yet purchased the house), and they came to work on the date that we agreed upon. We were not living in the area during any of the renovations and once the work began inside the home it was empty. I know that we drove the contractors crazy asking silly questions and having our neighbors come over to check on them, but to their credit they never showed it and answered all questions with patience. I really did appreciate that more than anything as this is our dream home, and for us a great deal of money. We were actually on-site quite a bit and my husband and I both enjoyed our interactions with the crew. If they said they would be there at a certain time, they always were there on time and worked hard the entire time they were at the house. We did ask for assistance unloading some things that were delivered and they always helped with gracious kindness. Probably like many people I changed my mind a few times during this process, and asked for some additional work or ordered different materials. This as always handled with no problems and the estimate was re-worked and presented quickly. I deliberately waited a few months before reviewing this company because I have hired contractors in the past (not this company) whose work did not stand the test of time. Everything that was done by A-1 is still beautiful, works perfectly, and makes me happy every time I look at it. And for me, that is the highest recommendation that I can offer. We did ask for quotes on doing some additional work to the house, and for some reason the quotes offered were extremely high so we decided to either hire someone else or not do the work. I think that the estimates were so high because they would have had to hire someone out side of their regular crew to do the work. I would like to say that I liked the fact that there were the same group of people doing the work with a very few exceptions (granite and backsplash installation).

Description of Work
We bought a home that is located on the coast on a man-made canal and my house is raised and on stilts approximately 12' high. We knew when we bought the home that we wanted to make several changes and additions. I hired this company to increase the size of an existing deck, create new stairs to the deck, put in additional pilings, and put a roof over an existing outside elevator. They also replaced the front door. On the inside of the house we had a center island made larger, installed all new appliances, installed new granite counter tops, and backsplash. They installed new café doors going to our laundry room which is also located in the kitchen. Also, we had them completely remodel the Master bathroom which included removing an existing bathtub, building a new shower, installing shower door, installing new double sink vanity, and enclosing the toilet and placing a door on the new toilet room.

Category countertop installation","deck company","glass repair contractor","plumber","room remodeling","home remodeling contractor","door installer

10/13/2015

I live in a 1500 sq.ft. house with a front porch that spans the width of the house, a side entrance/porch, and a rear entrance all made of lumber that was falling apart. I needed to get them all replaced. After speaking with a couple of handymen that had looked at what I wanted, I was getting a bad feeling that I'd be let down. I was already spending a lot of money, and I wanted the job to be done professionally. I saw A-1 had gotten good reviews on Angie's List and gave them a call. From the very start, everybody was knowledgeable and professional. When Colin came to see what I wanted done, I was reassured as he had answers to all my questions. If there was something I asked that he didn't know right off, he made sure to find the answer as soon as he could. The work that the A-1 team did was beyond my expectations. The attention to detail was impeccable, from the way each deck board was cut, to the way deck post caps were cut perfectly to mold against the house. The three stairs are built flawlessly. They budgeted the right amount of people and finished the job in under two weeks. They even cut the existing lattice work perfectly to match the new stairs and paved the main entrance for cosmetic reasons. Again, far beyond my expectations. I've had several repairs and one big renovation on my home previously. This was the first time I used a company rather than an individual or handyman. Yes, I probably ended up paying around 10-20% more than I would have with a handyman, but it is absolutely worth every penny considering the problems I've had in the past with work quality, assurance, and professionalism. From now on, I'm going to do myself a favor. Next time I need a repair or renovation on my home, I'm going to wait a little longer to save a little more money and go with A-1. I highly recommend them, especially for the bigger jobs.

Description of Work
Replaced front porch, side porch, and rear entrance decking, rails, and stairs with composite.

Category contractor","deck company","room remodeling","mold removal company

10/12/2015

I had A1 come out to install spray foam insulation under my house. Before that could be done they came across some rotten sub floor that had to be replaced. They were able to replace it and repair the cause of the leaks. One of the flooring repairs led to having to pull up tile in the bathroom. They pulled up the tile, replaced the sub floor, fixed the leak, then laid new tile. All the workers were very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced rotten sub floor and installed spray foam insulation under my house.

Category contractor","flooring contractor","insulation contractor","plumber","room remodeling","home remodeling contractor

10/10/2015

They showed up when they said they would. The work was done by approx. 4 men and even though they took their time they did finish everything in one day. Mike, the owner, was extremely accommodating in explaining what was being done. The workmen were all nice as well and courteous as they cleaned up when they finished. I had gotten a number of estimates - two of which were less expensive by a couple hundred dollars. But I liked Mike's approach and went with my gut on this one. I'm glad I did. It's been four months since the work was done and everything still looks good.

Description of Work
Replaced/repaired piers for the foundation of my raised house.

Category room remodeling","foundation repair contractor

Plumbing, remodeling - general, kitchen, bathroom, sunrooms & patio enclosures.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover