Permatox Pest Control Inc

Founded 1976 • With Angi since October 2010

Permatox Pest Control Inc. was established in Shreveport by Len Poole. It is a local family owned and operated business under the licensed operators Len Poole (father) and Kevin Poole (son). Kevin and Carla Poole run the daily operations of the business. Permatox has been servicing Bossier, Caddo, Desoto, and Webster Parishes since July 1976. Permatox takes care of many large and small businesses, restaurants, and residential homes in the Shreveport & Bossier City area. Permatox Pest Control, Inc. services the following cities in Louisiana; Shreveport, Barksdale Air Force Base, Bossier City, Keithville, Doyline, Keatchie-Gloster, Grand Cane, Frierson, Benton, Hosston, Ida, Gilliam, Haughton, Princeton, Mooringsport, Blanchard, Greenwood, Vivian, Stonewall, Oil City, and Minden. We have pest control professionals that have been with our company since 1982. All of the Permatox professionsals are certified and attend continuing education seminars each year. Employees of Permatox also go through mandatory background checks, and Permatox prides itself on providing a drug free workplace. Contact our office at 318.686.3044 or 318.747.9395. We look forward to serving you!...

Kimberly

+6 more images

pest control (39)

03/17/2020

Kim H.

475. Yearly cost for this treatment only. 100.00 initially paid. Bimonthly service.

Description of Work
Treat for ants and spiders.

Work Completed On 03/17/2020

06/13/2018

Carol H.

I called Permatox about this today and Tommy was out to our house within hours to take care of this. He comes out every other month to spray the outside and we rarely see any bugs. Tommy is very friendly and very knowledgeable about the service he offers. We have been using Permatox for many years and are well pleased with their service.

Description of Work
Sprayed inside house for spiders.

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

06/07/2018

Karl S.

As advertised. I went with this company because they do both inside and outside of the home. They also take care of wasp nests and have been pleased so far. I got an annual plan for bigger savings plus the angieslist coupon.

Description of Work
Pest control

Work Completed On 06/07/2018

10/12/2016

Susan T.

It went perfectly well. I have complete pest control service from Permatox Pest Control Inc. I have their services since I moved here in 2003. I have never been dissatisfied. If, by chance I have a problem they come out immediately and retreat at no charge. By far, this is the best service I have ever had. I have lived many places and used different companies. Permatox has them all beat in service, professionalism, and friendliness. The coffee pot is always on for these guys.

Description of Work
Mosquito fogging of entire property. I also, had my annual termite inspection and a quarterly check of Sentricon stations. On 9/20/2016 I had my regular pest control treatment.

Work Completed On 10/04/2016

Thank you Mrs [Member Name Removed] for the kind words, we appreciate your business.

10/06/2016

Ashley S.

It has been great having permatox help with insect and mice control. Every time I call about a problem I am having Mr.John will normally be at my house either that day or the next day.

Description of Work
Helped get rid of black widow spiders, ants, and other type insects. Helped get rid of mice.

Work Completed On 10/05/2016

It has been a pleasure serving you. Permatox Pest Control takes pride in giving priority to their customers and looking after their needs. Quality and customer service are what distinguish us from others. We always strive to exceed our customers' expectations and meet their requirements. If there is anything else we can do for you, please do inform us. We also appreciate your feedback; it's what keeps us improving. Thank you again for choosing us. Looking forward to having you for many years to come.

10/05/2016

Carla H.

We can sit in our yard to all times of the day and not have to worry about getting bit by mosquitoes.

Description of Work
Mosquito control

Work Completed On 09/10/2016

Thank you, your satisfaction is the greatest recognition we could have. =)

09/08/2016

Michelle M.

Worst customer service we have ever had. Our service man couldn't get rid of the ants and then told us we should find another company because Permatox Pest Control couldn't "satisfy us" All we wanted was to not have ants crawling across the kitchen table or on the counters. We were paying for something we didn't get and then were told that it was our fault they couldn't help us. Our service man texted my husband that we should find someone else. Worst break up text ever! We have signed with another pest company and have no ants.

Description of Work
yard and home pest control

Work Completed On 09/08/2016

We are so sorry you feel this way, We have a very different perspective of this situation. The price [Removed Member Name] was given is on the service agreement (signed by the customer) is the price you agreed to (Not sure why you gave a C rating). The responsiveness was within the hour on the same day service or the very next morning when [Removed Member Name] texted our technician about seeing 1, 2, or 3 ants. With punctuality we were always on time or a few minutes early (Again, not sure why you gave a C rating), The quality of service was absolutely incredible because we listened and advised [Removed Member Name] as our customer what to expect. It was [Removed Member Name] who would only communicate through a text message and would hardly call us, he refused to allow us to do some of what was necessary along with being patient since he said it doesn't make sense to him (Not sure why you gave an F rating). As another solution, along with many no additional charge re-services, we sent a supervisor out also to assess this situation in hopes of understanding and patience. Nothing is an overnight fix as we always have to allow the product to control an insect according to the label to which the law requires. The professionalism was great as our technician who serviced you has been within our company for over 35 years and has never had this type of review, our technician sent a text message only to avoid any other hostile situations he may have faced, I in the office should have sent you a letter advising instead. We appreciate your feedback and are truly sorry we could not meet your expectations and wish you all the best.

07/16/2014

alan A.

Larry's professionalism and knowledge was evident the minute we met. A virtual encyclopedia on termites, he showed us the travel routes the termites were taking to get into our house and clearly explained their life cycles and what we needed to do to eradicate them.We learned a whole lot from him. And he was so willing to answer our questions and to take the time to listen. We found his prices reasonable and in line with 3 other companies. While we went with another service provider due to dire financial circumstances, I can honestly recommend Permatox and tell you that if you hire them you will not be sorry.

Description of Work
Termite inspection. My sister and I found massive termite damage in our late mother's house. Larry Rivers came by and gave us a very thorough inspection and estimate.

Work Completed On 04/21/2014

02/03/2014

Mary D.

We contacted Permatox because our 18 year old termite contract with another company was coming up for annual renewal and we had previously had many problems with their poor service. Not trusting that company's inspections, and not wanting to pay for another year of poor service, we sought out the well-rated Permatox Pest Control. We had Permatox inspect for us, BEFORE we had our annual "inspection" from the other company. We did not tell Permatox of the other company contract until the inspection was complete. Larry Rivers did an excellent, thorough inspection, finding active termites in an area that our last termite company had NOT found them. He had me take photos of the beasts, for proof. Since we still had an active contract with that company, Larry examined our contract and told us the proper procedure for getting the needed service from the old company. He told us to contact the Dept of Agriculture and have them come to inspect. The Ag Dept found the same infestation that Permatox found, taking photos of the termites and our contract. Then, as instructed, we paid our hefty annual dues and scheduled the regular inspection with the old company. They came 5 days later and still found NO termites! So we then called the Ag Dept again with the news. They contacted the old company, who came within a few days (without even calling for an appointment) and performed a treatment on the area they were instructed to treat. And of course, this old company did an excellent treatment since they were being watched by the Dept of Agriculture. Then the Dept of Ag finally came out to inspect the treatment on 1/17/14. We were so thankful to Larry at Permatox, for spending his time helping us get this done. We were so pleased with his service, that we scheduled another inspection for a different property, where no active termite infestations were found in the home. Both of these inspections were provided free of charge.

Description of Work
Inspected for termites

Work Completed On 11/08/2013

[Member name removed] WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOU! THANK YOU AND LET US KNOW IF WE CAN SERVE YOU IN ANY OTHER WAY! =)

07/02/2013

Ryan D.

Gary is very punctual and calls ahead to make sure he will have access to the parts of the property that he needs to spray(e.g.-Fence locked, etc). Pests have not been a problem since we started using Permatox.

Description of Work
Routine Pest control.

Work Completed On 06/04/2013

THANK YOU [member's name removed]! WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS AND LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU AGAIN!

05/27/2013

Beverly Z.

The treatment was delayed due to heavy rains, but they came at the first opportunity that weather permitted. My house sits on piers and the technician could not treat all the way to the front of the house because the house was too low. He stated he would go back to his office and speak with his boss about an alternate treatment. The boss met me at the house a day or two later and said that they would have to use a different treatment, which is almost twice the original quoted price. He would not let me pay the difference because he stated that they didn't do business that way. I paid the original price quoted and got the enhanced treatment. Kevin was very kind and very helpful with information.

Description of Work
After I discovered I had termintes, Permatox came out that day and did an estimate for treatment. I sent in the next day and signed the contract. .

Work Completed On 05/09/2013

Thank you!

03/27/2013

Rufus U.

We've had them for years. They are reliable. The guy calls us and tells us when he is coming and he gets here that time.

Description of Work
We use the pest control services of Permatox Pest Control.

Work Completed On 03/20/2013

Thank you!

10/30/2012

Brittany H.

They were excellent. I like the fact that he was very thorough. I have had another company out before him and they just gave me some suggestions and really did not do anything to help. Joe came out from Permatox and told me what we are going to do and he put some extra bait outside. He said he wanted to stop this before they come in. He walked me through everything I needed to do and the whole thing is resolved.

Description of Work
Permatox Pest Control Incorporated came out and put out bait traps and some glue traps for mice.

Work Completed On 09/25/2012

08/31/2012

marc S.

They are always on time and very dependable. They always call us in advance. I have no complaints with them.

Description of Work
They come out a spray for insects and termites. We are on a monthly program with them.

Work Completed On 07/15/2012

Bret M.

They did a great job at a competitive price. I was pleased with what they did. They came when they were supposed to and followed up with me.

Description of Work
They came out and did a termite treatment. They also do a renewal every year.

Work Completed On 04/30/2012

Gary D.

It has been fine with no problems. The lady was really friendly.

Description of Work
They initiated the set-up of the pest control service.

Work Completed On 08/30/2012

Veronica R.

The service has been very good. They are a good company that does a good job and are always on time. We have used them for about 12 years and we are not going to change.

Description of Work
They come out and spray the outside of the house for pest control. We are on a quarterly plan with them.

Work Completed On 05/30/2012

Rufus U.

They are very accomadting. I have the technician's home phone number and if I have a problem, I can give him a call. They are very prompt and efficent and respond quickly.

Description of Work
I use them for monthy pest control inspections and prevention.

Work Completed On 08/08/2012

Harry G.

I had used them for years and was happy. They recently changed to only coming every two months and only spraying outside. They also started to spray a crystal chemical and I noticed that the birds in my backyard had gone away. I checked online and found that the chemical was toxic to birds. They also increased the price. I recently cancelled my service with them. We now spray the outside of the house ourselves. I understand why they changed their service; it just does not work for me.

Description of Work
They used to come out and spray for pests.

Work Completed On 04/30/2012

Regina T.

Their service had gone fine. They were very good. They are professional and polite. Our dog has allergies so we can’t use the usual spray. They came out with a different product that seems to work. Our veterinarian actually recommended them to us.

Description of Work
They come out and spray for pests.

Work Completed On 08/15/2012

Oscar L.

Their service went fine. They always do good work. I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They came out and did an annual inspection for pests.

Work Completed On 07/15/2012

Mary R.

Their service has been very good. We have used them for 25-30 years now. The same guy has come out each time. They come out every 2 months. If you have a problem they come out right away. We have had some issues over the years and they always come out very quickly.

Description of Work
They come and spray for insects on a bi-monthly basis.

Work Completed On 08/15/2012