PELICAN STATE INSPECTION LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since October 2010

159 Ardmore AVE

Shreveport, LA 71105

Pelican State Inspection was formed in 2004 by Foxe Smothers. Since then Pelican State Inspection has become one of the largest home inspection companies in Northwestern Louisiana. We feel that we provide the best home inspection in Shreveport and Bossier City area and our past clients agree. Our excellent customer service, our full color digital inspection reports that include pictures, our competitive prices, and our extensive knowledge of houses and their systems make Pelican State Inspection the clear choice for your next home inspection. We are a locally owned Louisiana business, not a franchise. We are more than just inspectors, we are your neighbors....

07/02/2016

William D.

Mr Smothers was very approachable, easy going, and explained everything in layman's term. He reviewed all the pictures he took and explained what he found, then followed up later in the day with a full report and summary version.

Description of Work
Parents have lived in their home for the past 36 years, so it was time for an inspection to see what condition the home was in and what needed to be fixed or replaced.

01/27/2016

Soman R.

If you are looking for a friendly, honest, and knowledgable company to provide your home inspection needs, Pelican State Inspection, L.L.C.'s Foxe Smothers is the man you are looking for. There are many portions of the home-buying process that are stressful and nerve-wracking, but Mr. Smothers made sure that this portion was not one of them. He was very punctual and, honestly, made his job seem effortless and easy. So, imagine my surprise at all of the details and in-depth explanations he provided during our initial after-inpsection review. During this verbal sit-down (with pictures and more knowledge than you can handle in one sitting), many of my questions were answered before I had to ask them, and the others were answered with great confidence and honesty. He also provides an easy-to-follow electronic report of what he found, what it all means, and his recommendations. Mr. Smothers is a professional, and I would recommend him to all property buyers, new and seasoned.

Description of Work
Provide the required Home Inspection during the 10-day inspection period for my purchase of my first home.

08/31/2015

Teresa R.

Foxe Smothers was professional, curtious, and very knowledgable. He explained everything he was doing in detail in laymen terms. He spent over an hour going through the house. He asked in advance if there were any specific concerns which he then addressed completely. His report was available the same day. He included a summary with the issues of greatest concern. He was able to schedule us in the same week we contacted him. His fees were very reasonable.

Description of Work
Provided a thorough inspection of house under contract for purchase.

04/29/2015

Kelsey K.

Foxe was great! He did a thorough inspection of the home! He explained to me exactly what he was doing before he began - what was covered and not covered. I think the best part about the experience was how in depth he went over everything he found. He talks pretty fast, but if you ask any questions he will slow down and explain it to you. Being a first time home buyer I had a LOT of questions and was pretty overwhelmed. I wasn't sure what was common and what was concern. Foxe had no problems helping me figure it all out. I would recommend him to anyone and would use him again!

Description of Work
An inspection at a home I was intending to buy.

02/18/2015

Rocky C.

Excellent job, had detailed inspection report within 12 hours of home inspection. Information with photographs was concise and easily understandable.

Description of Work
Inspected entire home from roof to foundation.

12/07/2014

Rhonda C.

Very professional and knowledgable about all areas inspected.

Description of Work
Inspection for home purchase.

12/02/2014

John N.

He answered the phone on my first call. He was able to schedule the inspection within 2 business days. He emailed me immediately afterwards with the contract and invoice. He did the inspection the day after Thanksgiving. He was on time. I was not able to be there during the inspection but my parents were. My dad is very knowledgeable about home repair and said the inspector was extremely thorough. The inspector emailed me the same day with the report. He broke the report down into a full report and a summary. The summary listed the items that needed to be addressed.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

09/13/2014

Julie B.

Foxe returned my call for service promptly and scheduled the inspection timely. The home was very large and very old with many obvious deficiencies. Foxe took his time and was very thorough getting on top of a very high roof and crawling under the house to examine all hidden aspects of the home that were not accessible to us as the buyers of this property. He reviewed everything in detail with us prior to delivering his very detailed report including photos of all the areas for concern. We were very pleased with his services and feel much more informed regarding this property. I highly recommend Foxe and Pelican State inspections and would use him again in the future.

Description of Work
Home inspection on a 100 year old home on piers that had been neglected and partially renovated prior to our consideration for purchase.

04/06/2014

Deborah W.

The experience definitely gave me my faith back that actual professionals such as Foxe Smothers can exist. We promptly set up an appointment time for the inspection, Foxe was there early and spent much time taking pictures of the property, writing down problem areas, and even discussing them with me indepth. He was very patient with my many questions and concerns, and provided knowledgeable answers and invaluable insights. The seller had led me to believe the house was in a certain condition, and Foxe found a number of critical problem areas that I had not foreseen, such as the roof being at the end of its life, the HVAC system being terminal, beams not treated after a fire, and countless other areas not quite up to code in the wiring and plumbing. In addition, he provided a very indepth report with pictures of the findings. Unsuprisingly, I decided not to go forward with the sale based on his report, and am extremely happy that he saved me from a huge mistake. This was the best $325 I have ever spent! I would unequivocably refer him again, and in fact have asked Foxe to inspect the new home I have put down an offer on next week.

Description of Work
I asked my realtor for the name of a home inspector and she referred me to Foxe Smothers' of Pelican State Inspection. I made the appointment with Foxe to inspect the home I had put an offer in on, and he did a extremely thorough inspection of the property.

02/28/2014

Charles B.

At first I attempted to contact a different (and more popular on Angies List) inspector that had more reviews, but he never returned my calls. I then checked around to see if I could find a comparable inspector, and I found Foxe (pronounced Fox). I am extremely happy I did. Foxe was very courteous, thorough and professional. His detailed report created a great laundry list of repairs that included spotting a relatively small foundation problem, that (thankfully) was repaired by the seller before closing. He even performed a follow up inspection to make sure the reqested repairs were completed properly, and found that one repair had not been. The seller had the repair done again, and everything turned out great. Foxe is a very polite, courteous person, who took the time to verbally explain the problems in depth, before I received the written reports. The reports were very detailed, with good quality photographs, showing every problem he encountered, even problems not typically covered by normal home inspections. I highly recommend Foxe to anyone who needs a home inspection performed quickly and efficiently, with excellent details. He does answer his phone or returns your call quickly.

Description of Work
Performed an inspection of a house I was interested in buying.

Category home inspection

Pre-Purchase Inspections are our most popular inspection. It is performed by the buyer after a property has been put on the market by a seller. The Pre-Purchase inspection will help the buyer identify damage or other problems that may exist with a property prior to purchasing the home. Even if the seller has already performed a Seller's Inspection, buyers should still perform their own inspections to prevent "seller's bias" in any shape or form.