Mike Tilton Quality Plumbing & Heating

Founded 2009 • With Angi since November 2011

9461 Linwood Ave

Shreveport, LA 71106

Welcome to Mike Tilton Plumbing & Heating Mike Tilton Plumbing & Heating has been serving Shreveport and Bossier, LA and the surrounding areas since 2009. We make it our mission to provide customers with the highest quality plumbing and heating services available at a price they can afford. Our team of certified and experienced plumbers are available to help you keep your home or office running smoothly all year round. We offer a wide variety of products and services to ensure the safety and integrity of your plumbing system, the comfort of your home, and the quality of your water. From complex underground drainage and water heater installations to fixture installations and gas line testing; Mike and his team will get the job done! At Mike Tilton Plumbing & Heating, the comfort and satisfaction of our customers is our top priority. We’ll take care of all your plumbing and heating needs, so you can get back to enjoying what matters most. Give us a call at 318-572-5149 for more information!...

12/07/2019

Guy S.

Mike Tilton Plumbing did an exceptional job! They were timely, professional and the quality of work was unsurpassed. Being a rather large project, it was completed in a not only a timely and professional manner but also safely.

Description of Work
Installation and Hookup of 1600 Feet Of New Natural Gas Supply Line

03/22/2019

Ned J.

They arrived early. Nice guys. Had a leaking problem but they came back the same day and fixed it.

Description of Work
Replaced faucet and added cut-off cables

12/15/2018

Dorie L.

They did a huge job and gave me a very fair price, plus a senior citizen discount, and in the mail came some coupons for future services.

Description of Work
Sewer pipe burst in wall

07/30/2018

Doranna B.

Everything went well. The plumbers were punctual and professional. They replaced the faucet and did a good job.

Description of Work
Replaced faucet on garden tub.

04/16/2018

Trisha T.

After trying everything within my power (glaring at it, calling it names, mopping around it, putting a bucket under it, taking the lid off and staring at the mysterious inner workings and even, ewwwwww, putting my hand under the tank trying to find out what the problem was) my toilet tank would just not stop leaking so I was forced to call the plumber. I called Friday afternoon. Since it wasn't an emergency I told them that sometime next week would be fine. They scheduled me for Monday afternoon. I also told them about my broken garbage disposal. Jason arrived as promised and fix both problems in about an hour. He could have taken advantage of my ignorance and replaced the garbage disposal but as I have found out from past dealings with this company they are honest. They also charge a fair price. Jason also rushed to my aid when my husband with Alzheimer's fell down. Jason can also add medic to his list of skills.

Description of Work
Toilet leak and broken garbage disposal

04/06/2018

Kristin A.

One of Mike’s guys came out for a shower leaking. Turns out it was the shower pan was leaking, not the pipes. They don’t repair shower pans.

Description of Work
Shower leak

12/28/2017

amanda B.

We just moved from across the country into an older home here and we originally called Mike Tilton Plumbing about replacing an old water heater with a new tankless. They arrived within a few hours of our call to assess our needs and draw up a quote which came in just slightly cheaper than another quote we had received. Two days later, Jeremy and Brandon showed up right on time and made it happen, sticking to the quote exactly and even offering helpful advice on other plumbing issues. We were very impressed with their work and we love the new unit! When our washing machine drain backed up a week later, we called Tilton again and Jason and Brandon arrived that afternoon to take care of the problem. They uncovered a few additional issues but made sure to get the system working for the evening, then Jeremy returned the next day to complete the big fix. We have now worked with four different members of this company (and spoken to others via telephone) and we could not be happier with their courtesy and professionalism. Hiring service pros in a city you just moved to can be scary and we were a little apprehensive about the work needed, but from their prompt arrival to careful cleanup it was all good. We’ve spent a chunk of money with Mike Tilton plumbing but these were serious projects and well-executed. We wouldn’t change a thing if we had to do it over again. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Tankless water heater, new washing machine drain pipe, new attic vent

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

12/14/2017

Michael K.

The crew were professional and the work was completed in a satisfactory manner. My complaints the cost, I felt that a handicapped senior citizen was taken advantage of.

Description of Work
Repair underground leak in PVC pool filter piping

Category plumbing

This review is very disappointing does not reflect Tilton Plumbing nor what we stand for. To say we took advantage of a handicapped senior citizen is uncalled for and completely false. There was a leak on a pool line underground in a tough spot, and the leak was on a tee. The pool had to be drained down to be able to make the repair. This is after digging up the leaking pipe in muck. It took 2 men 5.5 hours. And we charged for the time on the job. I have no idea how that can be considered taking advantage of anyone. We charge the same hourly rate every day, all day, to every one of our customers and we have been overwhelmed with positive reviews both on Angies List and Google. We also have elderly customers that we do not charge for jobs such as lighting pilots and checking their homes space heaters because they truly cannot afford to pay us, and those heaters can be dangerous. So to be accused of taking advantage of elderly customers floored me, knowing that the truth is quite the opposite. We are not the cheapest company in town, and I tell customers all the time if that's what they are looking for, then we're probably not the right company for them. What we do offer is top notch service, and some of the best technicians in the area. And many people do choose us for that reason. I invite potential customers to search through all of the reviews on Angies List to get a complete picture of what customers say about us. It is overwhelmingly positive and we are very proud of that fact!

11/11/2017

Cheynita W.

Mr. Mike Tilton answered my initial call & arranged time to review requested home upgrades the very next day. After we agreed on work & price, he arranged for his workers to pick up my new plumbing equipment and report to duty 2 days later. Mr. Jeremy & Mr. Brandon reported to my home promptly at 8:15am & were courteous, professional, had a good work ethic & cleaned the area that they worked in. Tilton Plumbing applied the listed Angie’s list discount coupon & reassured me that if I had any problems after they did the walk through demonstration of the finished product installation that I should call them & they would be happy to come back to check it out. But they checked out their own work before they declared it finished & ready for use( I heard the water running & repeated toilet flushes before work was inspected by me with them). I was pleased with the work & will consider them for future plumbing needs. They were the only agency I could find that did plumbing installations with A grade reviews for work & owner understood exactly what I needed. I appreciate them so far .

Description of Work
Replacement of plumbing equipment in 2 bathrooms & in Kitchen.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

07/25/2017

Stephanie T.

Jason was EXTREMELY helpful and professional. He did the work in a timely manner and fixed the problem. He also made sure the problem was resolved before he left. I would definitely recommend this company. I had another company come out before this one that could not fix the problem. Thank you so much for the help!!

Description of Work
Main line of shower and toilet was backed up

05/02/2017

Annalee Y.

After reading numerous web sites and reviews on Tilton plumbing, I called them to come out due to sewage issues. I was absolutely fearing the most and fearing the cost of the repairs. Jason and Cody came to our house during the designated time. They were extreme professional and very patient with the millions of questions we asked them while they were working. They found the problem and did so in the most cost effective manner. Thank goodness the issue was not as bad as we had feared. I found the final cost to be EXTREMELY reasonable. I almost fainted because it was it was so reasonable and we did not feel at all like we were taken advantage of just because we did not know about plumbing. There is absolutely not doubt who we will be calling for all future plumbing issues!! Thank you so much to Jason, Cody and Tilton plumbing!!!

Description of Work
Plumbing and Sewer Issues

12/10/2016

Connie L.

It was excellent with everything and the price was excellent too. I was amazed. I was anticipating a mess and everything was over within five days. He had attention to detail and personality. It was a wonderful experience and the price was right. Lovely people. The people that work for him were very nice.

Description of Work
Converted a tub into a huge walk in shower.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

12/05/2016

Mary D.

I finally picked THE right plumber and the job was smooth and easy.

Description of Work
I thought I had a slab leak. Mike Tilton sent someone quick to take a look. Turns out it was a clogged line and the crew accessed the clog through the roof vent and it was gone in a flash. I am so very thankful for Mike and his crew who were beyond personable, professional and skilled.

11/30/2016

Palmer A.

To the rescue again! I can't express what kind of a job these guys do. I'm a notorious busybody when having work done. I hover, I ask questions, I am a gerneral annoyance and tehse guys were awesome. I actually learned a few things while they were here. They're helpful and kind and got it done, two "its" in fact, in just an hour. I won't use anyone else for my plumbing problems. Thanks again guys. Great work!

Description of Work
leak repair and drain cleared

05/20/2016

Jannen P.

It couldn't have gone better. They not only did the repair, but gave me advice on what to do and not to do in the future to avoid this issue in the future. I could tell they weren't just in it for the money, they truly did care about the service they were providing!

Description of Work
I had a plumbing issue at the house, Tilton plumbing showed up on time (which that in and of itself is such a relief) and gave me quality service from start to finish.

05/05/2016

Brian K.

Hose Bib line had rusted out in several places at the front of our house, they had to dig the line back all the way to the fire hydrant to replace. We had to have our water off, and they came out the next day and did the fix. Great people easy to deal with, will hire again when the next problem comes up.

03/21/2016

randy S.

Plumbers arrived on time. Two that cost a total of $175.00 an hour. Took them five hours to run the gas line from the attic above the rang to the area behind the range. Did not run black gas pipe but used the flexible CSST type because they said it would save time. Boy am I glad it saved time. Also paid for for the time the pluimbers were out at the truck smoking. Tried to use the Angie's List coupon for 5% off, but they would not accept it, said that it was already figured into the price. Not very pleased and would not use Mike Tilton Quality Plumbing again.

Description of Work
Dropped gas line from attic to stove.

Category plumbing

I’m just going to be frank and say outright that this review makes no sense at all. I’m not sure where the prices the customer stated came from but if we charged $175/hr and the job took 5 hours then the price would be $875 not including materials (which were approx. $100). The job was done for the quoted amount of $600, not a penny more. So when the plumber was done, he wrote up the bill for the quoted amount and left. We got to the job exactly the time that it was scheduled, and yes the job took longer than it was supposed to but that was due to complications getting the pipes through the walls in the house to where we needed it. These are unforeseen problems that no one can know about until the job is underway but, again, the job was quoted and this had no bearing on the customers bill. It hurt only the company as the job would have been a higher quote had I known about these circumstances. Unforeseen circumstances occur all the time in this line of work, and reasonable people understand this. The coupon the customer tried to use is not valid on quoted jobs and this is pretty standard. When we quote work, the price is the price. The coupon is for time and material work, or service calls, not quoted jobs. It was never said that it was figured into the price. Now to the statement “boy am I glad it saved time”, besides dripping with a condescending tone that became a theme with this customer, was referring to the fact that we used flex pipe instead of hard pipe. Now if we had used hard pipe, this job would have only been possible if we had destroyed many additional walls in the kitchen due to the rigid nature of hard pipe. So not only did using flexible pipe save A LOT of time it also saved a lot of damage to the home. So this statement is just ridiculous, especially considering the customer knows nothing about installing gas lines through walls and ceilings. Reading this review would you would be led to believe this was the wrong decision, when it was the only decision, made by professionals who do it for a living. A few days after the job this customer sent me a letter, again with the same condescending tone, stating the gas piping I used had to be grounded properly after installation. He sent a page from the website of the company whos brand we installed. It stated the proper way to ground the piping into the house electrical system. He then demanded to know what I would do to fix this issue that I should’ve known about. Problem is this letter was dated in June 2011 and was for the old piping sold back then. In 2014 a new design in the piping eliminated the need for this and is stated in the website. The truth is right there but an extra effort was made by this customer to dig deep into the website to find something to complain about. But this is what I learned this customer is about, attack and demean. I have had customers like this in the past. Nothing is good enough, ever, and they know more about your profession than you ever will. It’s a common theme that customers talk to each other about which companies to avoid at all costs, but companies, too, have customers they’d avoid at all costs. This customer is absolutely one of those. I will say that I sincerely hope any potential customers will look back over the last 3 years and see that we have mountains of reviews that are all positive. In our office we have dozens of letter posted from customers who go out of their way to send us thank you letters for the great services we provide and we have a very large, loyal customer base. Very rarely do we get negative responses or reviews and even rarer are they valid. When they are, I can assure you we do everything we can to make it right. Mike Tilton, Owner

02/15/2016

Mary B.

Jamie came to our home in the early afternoon. We had several projects to do, and he was extremely professional and most concerned about my satisfaction. He willingly showed me how to remove my bathroom stopper in the future. He explained everything that he was doing. He did not try to sell me anything, and he fully explained what my options were before he started the work. He fixed everything on my list. It took quite a while, but he was thorough and checked all his work before leaving. This is our second time using Mike Tilton, and I am completely satisfied with the work done. Will continue to recommend this company. Honest and professional. They listen to your concerns.

Description of Work
Fixed dripping faucets, removed and cleaned out stuck bathtub stopper,replaced two drain traps, capped off a gas valve, and thoroughly rotoootered our drainage.

Category plumbing, gas leak repair, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

02/09/2016

julia W.

From my initial call to being given the receipt, they were great. I spoke with them initially yesterday afternoon, and they were out first thing this morning. Extremely courteous. Cost was a bit over the initial estimate, but I expected that -- the water heater they replaced was VERY old, so I was not at all surprised that a little extra labor and replacing of some lines and valves was required. Every item on the bill was explained to me. I will certainly use them in the future and recommend them. They are top notch !!

Description of Work
Replaced water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

01/29/2016

Violet M.

Water was backing up in the sink when we ran the washing machine and I had a leak under the kitchen sink. The worker got here right on time and did the work quickly; he was friendly and did a great job. I'm happy and would hire them again!

Description of Work
Cleaned out my drain under sink and washroom and fixed leaking sink.

01/20/2016

Mary B.

Jeremy Garlington came to our home. He was very professional, yet also personable. He willingly explained our different options, the cost for each, and what would be the best deal for our uses. He did not try and sell us anything. All of my questions were patiently answered. Jeremy was knowledgeable and highly skilled. We called in the morning and had a new water heater by 1 pm the same day. The $910 included a new Rheem 40 gallon, 38,000 BTU water heater, new gas line connection, all labor, and the removal of our old water heater. Also, two days later we got a thank you letter with coupons. HIGHLY recommend. Mike Tilton Quality Plumbing is who we will be using whenever we need a plumber.

Description of Work
Replaced our leaking water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, gas leak repair

01/18/2016

Leslie T.

Every couple of years, my sewer line clogs to the point that I have to call professional help to clear it. After reviewing Angie's List for suitable candidates, I decided to contact Mike Tilton Plumbing. Their discount offer(s) may have helped catch my eye, but getting a discount was less important to me than getting the problem resolved. I contacted them about mid-morning on Thursday, 01/14/2016, expecting to have someone out the next day at the earliest. This may not happen in all cases, but I was pleasantly surprised to hear that they were sending a tech out immediately. Indeed, the service truck arrived less than 15 minutes later. I explained the problem and the history. The tech quoted a price, I agreed, and he began work right away. I believe it was far less than half-an-hour, and maybe less than 15 minutes, that the problem was resolved. The tech offered to run a camera down the line, but I elected not to this time. That may have been a factor in the cost, quite a bit lower than I've paid in the past, but I'm not complaining. I also asked the tech a couple of other, unrelated plumbing questions, and he answered knowledgeably. From initial phone call to tech driving away with problem solved took about an hour, give or take a few minutes. I repeat that this may not always be the case for every job; I was probably lucky enough to catch them at just the right time to be squeezed in right away. I will be using Mike Tilton Plumbing in the future, and I recommend you do, too. I believe you'll like the results.

Description of Work
Snaked my clogged drain and cleared it out.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

01/15/2016

HORATIO B.

Professional and very polite. Great service and great people.

Description of Work
Installed and ran a new gas line for the new range (Replaced electric range for gas) and completed the new sink and faucets installation after counter tops installed.

Category plumbing, home remodeling, gas leak repair

01/15/2016

CORINNA R.

This company was contacted January 11, 2016 during early morning hours to replace a non-repairable water heater in a hard to access space. The plumbers arrived an hour later. They were professional, courteous and knowledgeable. The installation was completed in a timely manner and the price was reasonable. Our family wishes to thank Mike Tilton Plumbing for providing good quality products and services at a great price. We look forward to doing business with this company in the future as we are in the process of remodeling our home.

Description of Work
Replaced 50 gallon electric water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

12/30/2015

barry D.

very professional and pleased with the work that they did.

Description of Work
replaced sewer line in front of my house.