Acadian Hardwood Floors

Founded 1990 • With Angi since October 2010

P.O. Box 52238

Shreveport, LA 71135

Acadian Hardwood Floors has a A+ Better Bussiness Bureau Rating, QUOTES 98% DUST FREE, Distributor of Clark Equipment New & Used, Distributor of Pro Coat and Radcoat Coatings, Home Builders Association Local and National Member, National Wood Flooring Association Member and Testimonials upon request. Additional address - P.O.Box 52238, Shreveport LA 71135-2238...

06/04/2015

Vicki B.

Description of Work
They were hired to refinish my wood floors. Was told would take 4 to 5 days, but the job took over a week to complete and I ended up having to move out during that time. Many times when I dropped into check on the job no one was there. I had to pay extra to get the floors stained the color they originally were and for a special finish now reqiured. There was stain all over the base boards and some on the walls and damage to base in many areas. I had to pay to have painted and repaired. The edge of the floors had to be hand cleaned and scraped of the blue tape stuck in the finish. There are marks in the floors left from the sanding and the stain was not applied evenly so that there are uneven spots in the color finish. I had to pay to have my furniture moved out and in by guys he provided. They dropped an armoire and broke the handle off and broke a piece off of the crown of the piece and at the same time damaged the floor. This was a very stressful experience and the results were less than satisfactory. Total job ended up costing $5425 [$2185 more than quote]

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

As for Mrs, you can look on my web site and see video's of how I protected her home with plastic as well as my Dustless containment system. Also she didn't want to pay for removal of 1/4 and the reinstall of new. AHWF normally does this, to get clean lines that outline the floor. As far as the moving is concerned. AHWF is not a moving company and my clients take care of this themselves. It was a complete pass threw as far as AHWF. Mrs, Bailey is the one who even paid those men not AHWF. Finally she made a comment about taking to long. The one thing she didn't say is how her husband left a week later then scheduled. This put the entire job behind schedule. So yes, she did have to stay at her daughters a little while longer. In addition I the owner of AHWF would let her dog out every morning just to help her. One more thing Mrs. Bailey wanted a unique stain that I blended.. After floor was completed she was so very happy about the outcome.

12/18/2014

Michael C.

Description of Work
Refinishing floors

10/30/2014

Elizabeth C.

I think my floors look amazing! I am so happy with them! Scott was great and really knows his business. I was kind of putting off getting my floors refinished because I knew from friends that it could be a very messy experience, but his equipment didn't leave any dust in my house. It was nice not having to remove everything in the closets or off the walls. He also worked with me in splitting up my house into two sections so I didn't have to rent storage for my furniture and I could still live there while the work was going on. The number of days for the job took longer than estimated, but I feel like his work was very high quality and it was definitely worth the extra time.

Description of Work
Refinished all the hardwood floors in my home.

10/06/2014

Joel H.

Scott did an amazing job on our house. The previous owner had painted the floors and sealed over them. Over time the entire house began to peel up and it looked awful. Scott is a perfectionist and took the time needed to do the floors right. Due to the damage and the age of the floors Scott had to sand the whole house 4 different times using different grains of sand paper each time to bring the floors level and perfect. The house turned out beautiful and better than we could have imagined. Our house finally feels like a home and we cant thank Scott from Acadian Hardwood Floors enough.

Description of Work
refinished whole house hardwood floors

07/03/2014

Rodney H.

Description of Work
The pluses: Scott was extremely meticulous and the work was superb. He kept me well informed via text and calls pretty much each day. The final product was outstanding and quite beautiful. |The minuses: He ran into some issues in one of the rooms where he had to replace quite a bit of the wood floor. He quoted me a price which we agreed upon. Towards the end of the project he came back and said he needed another $750 because he under quoted the additional work. He said it was taking him more time to complete than he originally thought. I do understand when he ran into the wood replacement issue, but I had difficulty when he wouldn't show up for a whole day from time to time thus delaying the project. I ended up paying the extra simply because at that point I wanted to get the project done. |Another issue is he said the original project was going to take 2 1/2. When he ran into the replacement issue with the wood, he said that would take another week. The total project ran close to 6 weeks and did delay my painters. On two occasions I had to tell him he absolutely had to finish certain parts of the project because the movers or the painters were coming. |Lastly, he did not interact well with the painters / contractors. To be fair, the painters / contractors did not get along well with him either. I believe the crux of it is that Scott is very proud of his work and when he would find a paint drip on the floor he would make sure he let the painters know about it. It probably could have been handled better by all parties. |All in all his work is absolutely superior. I would use him again although I would tie the pricing to a completion date and hold him to it, and for each day it ran beyond take a % off of the bill. | |

03/12/2014

Richard H.

It quickly became obvious that Scott is a true craftsman, taking great pride in his work. He wasn't happy until it was perfect and that I was satisfied with the results. As the work progressed, I really came to appreciate the difficulty in repair a badly damaged portion of the wood floor without replacing the entire surface. Scott did a fantastic job, ensuring the lines remained square and true so the finished result was basically a brand new floor throughout. His dustless system did a good job of keeping down the dust during the refinishing process. Scott made several return visits to ensure the final finishing coats were done just so, he has a keen eye and does not accept less then perfect. I highly recommend Acadian Wood and Scott Holtby to anyone whom might need work on a wood floor, you will be happy, I was!

Description of Work
Scott Holtby is Acadian Hardwood. He took on the job of repairing my badly water damaged wood flooring and restored the entire floor to brand new condition. His proposal covered all the additional work involved with a major restoration of 3/4 inch oak flooring; all the trim, painting, matching the stain, removal of frig, R&R of commode, etc. There was no need for any additional contractors to complete the job.

05/29/2013

Doug B.

Scott with Acadian Hardwood Floors did a GREAT job! Our house (built in the mid 1950's) had hardwood floors, but they squeeked in certain areas. The floors had been covered by carpeting prior to our purchase of the house (1980's), so we kept utilizing carpeting for the entire house over the years we owned the house, too. When we decided to sell our house, our realtor and our primary remodeling contractor both commented that our hardwood floors (if repaired and refinished) could help us to sell the house faster. So, we hired Acadian to do the job for us. Scott with Acadian came over and provided a very detailed estimate of the condition of our hardwood floors and how he would approach the job. He provided us with a written estimate. His knowledge of his business was obvious based on the details he noticed about the condition of our floors and how he would make the repairs. He was very personable, punctual, and provided us with feedback along the way during the refinishing of our hardwood floors. Since we were having our entire house (except kitchen and bathrooms) reworked, the refinishing process took a couple of weeks. Home sales in our neighborhood are typically quite slow - taking 6 months or more. I am pleased to say that our house sold in just 2 months, and the refinished hardwood floors were a HUGE selling point! The house was completely transformed. Scott at Acadian is a hard worker and will do a great job for you. I heartily recommend that you contact him for an estimate before making your decisiion!

Description of Work
Acadian Hardwood Floors made repairs and completely refinished the hardwood floors in the living room, dining room, hallways, and all 3 bedrooms. He also installed molding around the baseboards for the entire house, too. The house was absolutely transformed by the work done on the floors and has helped to SELL our house!

HILTY PAINTING

I AM A SMALL COMPANY WITH NO FULL TIME EMPLOYESS.I HAVE PAINTED ALMOST EVERYTHING AND CAN HANDLE SMALL AND LARGE JOBS. AT THIS TIME I DO NOT WORK IN TEXAS.

Offers by HILTY PAINTING on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

AHWF specializes in Hardwood Flooring, Dustless equipment used at all times for, sanding, refinishing, and repairing of exicting and new hardwood flooring, installation of new solid and engineered hardwood flooring, sales of new, antique and engineered hardwood flooring, residential and gym screening and recoating and waxing hardwood flooring & brick.

hardwood floors