One Man & A Toolbox LLC

State Licensing Board Of Contractors
12/31/2016

5015 River Road

New Orleans, LA 70123

One Man And A Toolbox, LLC is a full service professional Home and Commercial Remodeling, Maintenance and Repair company with professional master tradesman that specialize in assuring that while your needs may be large or small, they're done correctly, safely, and in the most cost effective way possible. Licensed, insured and with many quality references (which are the pride of our company). There is NEVER a charge for a consultation or quote and ALL jobs are warranted....

handyman (283)interior painting (43)drywall (40)woodworking (39)door installation (31)plumbers (22)pressure washing (21)house painting (20)lighting (16)electrician (15)home remodeling (13)tile installation (12)

07/02/2021

Excellent! We had a leak in one of our rental condos. They found the leak and fixed the problem. Gutted the area and redid the wall with all new materials. Painted too. Looks great.

Description of Work
Find and fix leak, drywall and painting

Category drywall,water damage restoration,woodworking,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

Thank you so much for your kind words. Jordan is great, and I am so glad you were pleased with his work. Please let us know if you ever need additional work!

07/01/2021

I can say that Marin worked very hard and very good and everything looked brand new when he was done! He painted the whole bathroom and he went above and beyond what I've expected.

Description of Work
Drywall and painting

Category drywall

Work Completed On 06/14/2021

I am so happy you were pleased with Marin's work - he is one of our best! Thanks for trusting us with getting you home on the market, and good luck in Texas!

07/01/2021

As always, Erin did a great job. He repaired my drywall underneath a living room window. You cant even tell where he did the work- looks fabulous!

Description of Work
Drywall and Painting

Category ceramic tile,drywall,handyman service,interior painters

Work Completed On 05/13/2021

Thanks for always calling on us! I'm so glad you are pleased with his work - He is one of the best!

06/19/2021

We have two six-foot wide sliding mirror doors for our upstairs closet that have never really slid easily in the nine years we’ve lived here. One of the wheels (that guide the door on a rail on top) broke making it near impossible to open or close. As a home-repair klutz, I knew better than to tackle a deceptively simple job like this. Replacing a wheel on a huge mirrored door – what could go wron...

Description of Work
Replacing four wheels on two six-foot wide mirrored sliding closet doors.

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

Hi! Thanks again for trusting us with your home! Henry always enjoys working with you both! Have a great day!

03/15/2021

I appreciate One Man and a Toolbox so much! Their team does great work. It's never complicated to schedule a technician to come out and each technician I have had come to our home has gone above and beyond to make us feel important. I highly recommend these guys!

Description of Work
Handyman List

Category drywall,fencing,handyman service,remodeling,siding,pressure washing,window treatments

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

Thanks for your review and we look forward to working with you again in the future! Have a blessed day.

02/06/2021

After their botched repair of siding at my house in 2018 after termite damage, I panicked and made the mistake of hiring them again to do flood damage repair after the 2019 July flood. While they did good demo work, and the crew they hired to put up new dry wall and paint was good, I was made many promises that weren't kept: they would replace all the faceplates, do the plumbing for a new sink, fi...

Description of Work
Flood and Termite Repair

Category drywall,handyman service,plastering,plumbing,siding,water damage restoration,woodworking,house painters,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

11/02/2020

Everyone told me that home repair companies would likely be taking only big roofing jobs after Hurricane Zeta hit New Orleans and that I might have to wait a month or longer to replace a single missing shingle that blew off during the Category 2 hurricane. While it definitely doesn’t meet the definition of a “big job,” even a single missing shingle can result in potentially significant (not to men...

Description of Work
Repair roof shingle

Category roofing,woodworking

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

Thank you so much for another great review. We are always so pleased to have our men service your property. (And, yes, Henry is one of our best) We strive to be fair in our prices, and keep our customers long-term. The next time you need anything, don't hesitate to call. Have a great weekend!

08/29/2020

After removing the old siding additional damage was observed. The quickly adjusted and accomplished the additional work. *** satisfactory.

Description of Work
Misc. repairs including exterior cedar siding repairs.

Category lighting,siding,woodworking,ceiling fans,house painters

Work Completed On 08/29/2020

Hi. I am so happy you were pleased with the work our technician completed. We always strive to provide the best service. Have a great day!

08/23/2020

The handyman was on time and I was eager to have him get started until he quoted me the price. This was my first time using Angie's list. I thought it was a convenient service for everyone to use but the $400 price quoted was a ridiculous price for me to pay anyone to assemble outdoor furniture. That was more than I paid for the patio set. Sorry, Angie's list is not for me. They could have save th...

Description of Work
I needed a patio table and chairs assembled.

Category handyman service,woodworking

Work Completed On 08/15/2020

Review for One Man & A Toolbox LLC - 5015 River Road, New Orleans, LA - 38821045

Hi. You had requested some furniture assembly and painting of columns, and I am sorry if you felt the quoted price was too high. Thankfully, we always quote a price before completing any work and there is never a charge or fee for us coming out if you happen to decline it. With that, I do hope you were able to get your work completed. Take care!

06/27/2020

I cannot say enough about One Man & A Tool Box and the quality (and polite) professionals they use for the job. The company has done three jobs for us over the past eight years. The first was tiling our small (but to us important) patio. We were thoroughly pleased with the job and eight years later it still looks amazing. The last two patio tile jobs were done several weeks apart by Henry, a delig...

Description of Work
Replacement broken tiles; laying down pavers.

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 06/27/2020

Thank you for the kind words, and we are so happy that all the technicians we have sent to your home have been professional and completed excellent work. We are very thorough in our selection of technicians and thank you for always trusting us with your home! Have a great day, and stay safe!

Carpentry, Handyman Repairs, Exterior and Interior Painting, Flooring, Pressure Washing, Assembly, Electrical, Plumbing, Gutters, Kitchen, Bath, Doors, Windows, Fence, Tile, Doors & windows, Pressure Washing, Gutter Cleaning, Drywall and Plaster Repair, and many other skills. Even After Hour Emergency Work.

Concrete foundation. Roofing. Carpeting.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover