We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

One Man & A Toolbox LLC

Founded 1998 • With Angi since September 2012

5015 River Road

New Orleans, LA 70123

One Man And A Toolbox, LLC is a full service professional Home and Commercial Remodeling, Maintenance and Repair company with professional master tradesman that specialize in assuring that while your needs may be large or small, they're done correctly, safely, and in the most cost effective way possible. Licensed, insured and with many quality references (which are the pride of our company). There is NEVER a charge for a consultation or quote and ALL jobs are warranted....

06/03/2022

Velda M W.

The gentleman that came (sorry I can’t remember his name) said he needed a different tool and was going back to the office to look for it. He never returned. I finished the project myself finally. Will hesitate to use again.

Description of Work
Install a mailbox

10/23/2021

Harold T.

They are great that's why I will be using them again in the future. I highly recommend them to others!

Description of Work
replaced some tiles.

Category handyman service

Thanks, and when possible, we will always send Henry - he really enjoys working with you, and is now very familiar with your home.

09/18/2021

JARROD R.

Everything went great. Henry and Duriel were awesome!!!

Description of Work
Doors and Windows Sealed / Plumbing

Category handyman service, plumbing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

Thank you so much! The guys love working on your property!

08/28/2021

Victoria M.

Awesome! I had been calling around a dozen places or more all day. This company was the only one thay was willing to help on such short notice, and they were so polite and professional! I recieved a callback within 5 minutes of my inital call, informed that Michael was on his way. After a short inspection and quick trip to Home Depot for supplies, he was finished with the help I was looking for before lunchtime. He even noticed some other details I had missed while worried about the Hurricane, thanks again!

Description of Work
Tarping roof to prep before Hurricane Ida

Category roofing, siding

Thank you! We try to assist as quickly as possible. Glad we were able to help before the storm hit!

07/02/2021

Frank H.

Excellent! We had a leak in one of our rental condos. They found the leak and fixed the problem. Gutted the area and redid the wall with all new materials. Painted too. Looks great.

Description of Work
Find and fix leak, drywall and painting

Category drywall, water damage restoration, woodworking, interior painters

Thank you so much for your kind words. Jordan is great, and I am so glad you were pleased with his work. Please let us know if you ever need additional work!

07/01/2021

Dorling B.

I can say that Marin worked very hard and very good and everything looked brand new when he was done! He painted the whole bathroom and he went above and beyond what I've expected.

Description of Work
Drywall and painting

Category drywall

I am so happy you were pleased with Marin's work - he is one of our best! Thanks for trusting us with getting you home on the market, and good luck in Texas!

07/01/2021

Doris S.

As always, Erin did a great job. He repaired my drywall underneath a living room window. You cant even tell where he did the work- looks fabulous!

Description of Work
Drywall and Painting

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Thanks for always calling on us! I'm so glad you are pleased with his work - He is one of the best!

06/19/2021

Cathy J G.

We have two six-foot wide sliding mirror doors for our upstairs closet that have never really slid easily in the nine years we’ve lived here. One of the wheels (that guide the door on a rail on top) broke making it near impossible to open or close. As a home-repair klutz, I knew better than to tackle a deceptively simple job like this. Replacing a wheel on a huge mirrored door – what could go wrong, right? So I called One Man and A Toolbox and asked for our favorite go-to guy – Henry. We’ve used Henry on so many jobs (see our other reviews), always with great outcomes and expert-level workmanship. Henry reasoned that if one wheel was bad, all four wheels most likely needed replacing. He was right. For the first time in nine years both mirrored panels now slide easy-peasy -- with the use of only a finger. Seriously.

Description of Work
Replacing four wheels on two six-foot wide mirrored sliding closet doors.

Category ceramic tile

Hi! Thanks again for trusting us with your home! Henry always enjoys working with you both! Have a great day!

03/15/2021

Rachel R.

I appreciate One Man and a Toolbox so much! Their team does great work. It's never complicated to schedule a technician to come out and each technician I have had come to our home has gone above and beyond to make us feel important. I highly recommend these guys!

Description of Work
Handyman List

Category drywall, fencing, handyman service, remodeling, siding, pressure washing, window treatments

Thanks for your review and we look forward to working with you again in the future! Have a blessed day.

02/06/2021

David S.

After their botched repair of siding at my house in 2018 after termite damage, I panicked and made the mistake of hiring them again to do flood damage repair after the 2019 July flood. While they did good demo work, and the crew they hired to put up new dry wall and paint was good, I was made many promises that weren't kept: they would replace all the faceplates, do the plumbing for a new sink, fix the base of our side door (which wouldn't latch), replace a moldy furnace room door, build a stand for our washer/drier. Not one of these things was ever done. They also disappeared completely for two months, leaving work on a side bathroom unfinished and exposed to water damage from the outside. They then had to replace much of the siding again, because termites had returned to the water damage area. I then paid for work for which I never received a receipt detailing work, nor did they complete the tasks they'd initially promised. I wrote to them directly last year documenting all these issues (and many more) to try and politely resolve them (which I had to hire other workers to fix, incurring significant extra expense), and they never replied. I strongly urge you not to use them, as they overcharge, don't complete tasks, and will go radio silent when you need them.

Description of Work
Flood and Termite Repair

Category drywall, handyman service, plastering, plumbing, siding, water damage restoration, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

11/02/2020

Cathy J G.

Everyone told me that home repair companies would likely be taking only big roofing jobs after Hurricane Zeta hit New Orleans and that I might have to wait a month or longer to replace a single missing shingle that blew off during the Category 2 hurricane. While it definitely doesn’t meet the definition of a “big job,” even a single missing shingle can result in potentially significant (not to mention expensive) water damage inside the home the next time it rains. So, we called our go-to home-repair company, One Man and A Toolbox, the Monday after the hurricane. It isn’t often that I leave friends slack-jawed but that’s just what happened when I informed them that One Man and a Toolbox was sending one of their experienced workers (Henry) out to repair our roof the very next day (Tuesday). Henry not only repaired the roof shingle in question but also fixed another errant shingle he spotted while up on our roof. Total cost: $80. We are so grateful to One Man and a Toolbox for their amazing customer service and professional quality work — especially after a hurricane. This company is a class act. If it sounds like I’m a happy (and loyal) customer, you would be absolutely correct.

Description of Work
Repair roof shingle

Category roofing, woodworking

Thank you so much for another great review. We are always so pleased to have our men service your property. (And, yes, Henry is one of our best) We strive to be fair in our prices, and keep our customers long-term. The next time you need anything, don't hesitate to call. Have a great weekend!

08/29/2020

Charles M.

After removing the old siding additional damage was observed. The quickly adjusted and accomplished the additional work. *** satisfactory.

Description of Work
Misc. repairs including exterior cedar siding repairs.

Category lighting, siding, woodworking, ceiling fans, house painters

Hi. I am so happy you were pleased with the work our technician completed. We always strive to provide the best service. Have a great day!

08/23/2020

Miracle F.

The handyman was on time and I was eager to have him get started until he quoted me the price. This was my first time using Angie's list. I thought it was a convenient service for everyone to use but the $400 price quoted was a ridiculous price for me to pay anyone to assemble outdoor furniture. That was more than I paid for the patio set. Sorry, Angie's list is not for me. They could have save the gentleman some time if they would have given an estimated cost of what they charge for just coming out with approximated price for assembly.

Description of Work
I needed a patio table and chairs assembled.

Category handyman service, woodworking

Hi. You had requested some furniture assembly and painting of columns, and I am sorry if you felt the quoted price was too high. Thankfully, we always quote a price before completing any work and there is never a charge or fee for us coming out if you happen to decline it. With that, I do hope you were able to get your work completed. Take care!

06/27/2020

Cathy J G.

I cannot say enough about One Man & A Tool Box and the quality (and polite) professionals they use for the job. The company has done three jobs for us over the past eight years. The first was tiling our small (but to us important) patio. We were thoroughly pleased with the job and eight years later it still looks amazing. The last two patio tile jobs were done several weeks apart by Henry, a delightful chap who brings 40 years professional experience to the table. On the first job he replaced three of the original patio tiles (good thing we kept extra) that broke in the process of having a tree removed. Later, after a fence was put in, we found ourselves with a little extra space to the side of the patio and we had Henry do all of the necessary prep work and put down pavers. Henry's attention and devotion to his craft is evident every step of the way -- and, most importantly, in the finished job. We would recommend One Man & A Tool Box and Henry any day of the week.

Description of Work
Replacement broken tiles; laying down pavers.

Category woodworking

Thank you for the kind words, and we are so happy that all the technicians we have sent to your home have been professional and completed excellent work. We are very thorough in our selection of technicians and thank you for always trusting us with your home! Have a great day, and stay safe!

06/10/2020

Melvin G.

Worker came by ,looked at job. Waited 1 week, no response, called company , they said they couldn't do job and referred me to another plumber

Description of Work
Drain pan for water heater

Category woodworking

I am so sorry that we didn't followup soon enough. The worker that initially inspected the work came back to office and had discussed the problem with the owner. It was identified that it was out of our scope to complete the job. The technician was supposed to call you directly and notify you of that decision. Prior to him making that call, he was stung by a bumble bee, had to go to urgent care due to facial swelling, and was out of work for 2 days. Unfortunately, returning your call was overlooked. I greatly apologize, and I hope when we spoke yesterday the referrals were beneficial to you.

05/31/2020

Greg H.

Work was done as promised. Service was excellent and will hire again

Description of Work
Change out 2 outside doors and stained and varnished leaded glass doors.

Category woodworking, doors

Thank you so much for trusting us with your home, and I am pleased to hear of your satisfaction of the work Henry completed. Have a great day and stay safe!

05/06/2020

Margaret T.

Fantastic. Henry arrived early and started working immediately. Great job. I've hired them many times in the past, and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
Replaced covers over attic vent

Category

It’s always a pleasure helping you out! Henry was new to your house, and I knew he would take great care of you! Stay safe!

05/01/2020

Doris S.

I have used them many times before and can always trust them to do it right and at a fair price. Great company.

Description of Work
I needed pressure washing and some yard work.

Category handyman service, lawn service, pressure washing

Thanks again for this kind review. It is always a pleasure working with you. Stay safe and until next time!

04/17/2020

Joyce S.

Very well. On time, friendly & courteous. Wore face mask entire time during work time in the COVID 19 crisis.

Description of Work
New circuits & outlets for kitchen

Category electrician, woodworking

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. And, I am so thankful that our technician wore his mask during your appt. We are trying very hard to be diligent in keeping our customers and technicians safe during this trying time. Take good care!

04/16/2020

Russell S.

He did a great job. Very professional

Description of Work
Replaced shed door

Category fencing, woodworking

I am so glad you were pleased with our work! Take good care and stay safe out there!

01/08/2020

sandra P.

I love them initially but lately the project was too much so I'm not using them anymore. They started $50 an hour and got too expensive.

Description of Work
They did some sheet rocking. They repaired a hole on a wall, repaired stair banister.

Category drywall, handyman service

Hi. Thank you for trusting us through the years - 6 times in 3 years. However, I am sorry you feel we are now too expensive from when you first started using us. Yes, our prices did Slightly increase due to the rise in liability and workman’s comp cost.. We ensure our men are fully covered and receive all necessary training. We want our clients to feel safe and confident in having our technicians in their home. Thank you for your years of support and we will be here if you ever decide to allow us back in your homes.

10/23/2019

Meg V.

It went very well. We had a short timeline to get this work done and One Man & A Toolbox delivered on time and on budget. The team that worked on our house was professional and we are very satisfied with their work. Communicating with the team was very easy and they kept us well informed of their progress. We will use them again.

Description of Work
Sanding, repairing and painting doors and windows; Priming, painting and Installation of cabinets; crack and drywall ceiling repairs; Bathroom tile installation, grout and caulking work; Fix sticky doors; Indoor painting of multiple rooms and trim touch ups.

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Hi. I am so pleased to know you are happy with the work our team provided! That is the type of service we always try to provide. I wish you great success in the sale of your home!

09/21/2019

Juliette O.

Wonderful!! OM&T first sends out a rep to assess what your needs are. They have a variety of skilled workers who work for them. So they don’t send an electrician or plumber to replace deck boards. Once your needs are assessed and how many workers it will take to complete the job he will send an estimate. I have been very satisfied with the prices - the quality of work and the workers. My various jobs averaged about $450 each. The latest for cutting up the hot tub and hauling it off took 2 workers 2 hours for $480.

Description of Work
Deck repair, sheet rock repair, installed bathroom light fixture, replace rotted porch railing, installed patio “sail” over deck, cleaned gutters and lastly - cutting up hot tub on deck plus removal.

Category drywall, gutter cleaning, handyman service, lighting

Thank you for the detailed review, and it is always our pleasure working for you!

08/04/2019

Meghan H.

Dennis was punctual and polite however a few of our shelves ended up being hung crooked. Unfortunately, my husband had to spend several hours correcting (patching holes, repainting and drilling new holes). Dennis did refund 1/2 of our money back which we greatly appreciated.

Description of Work
Hang House Decor - Bathroom Hardware

Category handyman service

Hi. Thank you for the honest review and I am sorry that the work was not done to your complete satisfaction. With that, I am thankful Dennis was polite and punctual, and that he did refund you some of your money. As in this business, occasionally we do make mistakes, but when we do, we always try to make up for them. Hopefully, you will give us another try in the future to regain your trust and confidence in us.

06/21/2019

Katherine N.

Great! I have used One Man and a Tool Box many times and have always been happy with their service. They do great work, are timely, and have always been prompt with communication.

Description of Work
Lattice work under house and covering exposed pipes

Category handyman service, woodworking

Thanks for always trusting us with your home! Til next time, and have a great vacation!