Cain Construction and Designs

Founded 1994 • With Angi since March 2011

2.5

3923 Euphrosine St

New Orleans, LA 70125

Cain Construction and Design is a mid-size construction company that offers the expertise and sophistication of a large company, while providing the personal attention of a small firm. Cain Construction and Designs is a Unique Construction Company, which has been providing quality customer service to the New Orleans and surrounding areas for the past 7 years. We have a staff of qualified personnel to perform major remodels and tenant improvements in Commercial, Residental, Restaurant, and Retail Environments. We have built over the years a reputation based on honesty and integrity and have formed long term relationships with our clients. Each year we continue to grow in project size and work capability. CAIN performs all millwork, finish capentry, and electrical in house, as well as having an extensive team of highly qualified subcontractors. CAIN Contractors concentrates on high end commercial and residental construction. We specialized in a variety of projects: Restaurants Retail Office Tenant Improvements Landlord Tenant Improvements Restrooms The team at Cain meets and exceeds our clients’ expectations through innovative design and construction solutions ensuring maximum productivity, efficiency and profitability for our clients. Cain Construction has experience in many types of work, from new commerical construction, to residential remodeling, to historical restorations, and everything in between. We take great pride in our quality workmanship and dependable staff and strive to make the construction process a pleasant experience for all involved. ...

12/29/2021

Ashlie P.

These people STOLE!! I originally met Clint Nunez after sending my home plans to three different contractors, Cain being one. They were the middle price so I decided to meet with Clint Nunez, owner. I told Clint what had happened to me ( my husband passed away that year suddenly, I was pregnant and had a 2 year old. I expressed to him this was our dream home, that we were also renting and I really needed this build completed start to finish move in ready within 6-8 months. He gave push back but ultimately promised a 9 month time frame. I paid every pay app, in the end paying 95% of my contract, to a home that was incomplete. I finally stopped paying and kicked them off the job(2 years in) (I signed the contract in October 2017, kicked them off around April 2019) got a contractor deficiency inspector out and he was mortified. Said everything that could be wrong was wrong. Change orders they charged for werent done, doors on backwards, no Hurricane clips, not the right support rafters in the attic, I had mold growing on my cabinets because the house was left opened to the elements for months. The front door wasn’t what was ordered, missing grout throughout the house and the list goes on. Then when I get a loan to complete my home (2 years later). I had liens for concrete, lumber and doors on my home. That they had been paid for!!! They completely robbed me and had no remorse. I hired an attorney, who tried to get them to come out and do what was right and they declined wanting MORE MONEY!!! Now I found out they just simply changed their name to Central City Millworks. Do not do any business with Clint Nunez no matter what the business name is! He is a horrible human being who robs people and get away with it by simply changing business names!

Description of Work
New home construction

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, picture framing, furniture repair, gutter repair, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, interior designers, remodeling, roofing, fireplaces, custom furniture, garage builders, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors, sunrooms, lead paint removal, basement remodeling, mobile home remodeling

08/14/2021

Blake M.

I deeply regret ever getting involved with this firm. Absolute disaster, and they never even did any work. We requested a bid from them for a residential remodel of a home we were attempting to purchase. We told them our budget was $25,000 and that the bank would require an itemized scope of work and a simple sketch to approve the loan for the house. They made full architectural drawings (NOT requested) with an estimate of well over $100,000. We told them this was WAY beyond the agreed budget, and that the bank did not need architectural drawings, just a sketch and an itemized scope of work, in the format the bank provided. Tried to work it out with them, but ultimately they did not provide the bank what they needed, and the loan fell through. Luckily, we were able to scramble and find a new lender and contractor and everything worked out well. Then they had the audacity to send us a bill for $1000 for "design services." We told them we had never requested nor agreed to any "design services", just a bid. They had never once mentioned any fee whatsoever for the bid. Now fast-forward three years, we get a notice they have placed a lien on the property for, I kid you not, $150,000. Totally fraudulent, but we will likely need to hire a lawyer to sue them to get it removed. I plan to register a complaint with the state and with the better business bureau. I recommend you stay far, far away from these crooks.

Description of Work
Residential remodel

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, picture framing, furniture repair, gutter repair, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, interior designers, remodeling, roofing, fireplaces, custom furniture, garage builders, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors, sunrooms, interventional cardiologist, lead paint removal, basement remodeling, mobile home remodeling

03/22/2016

Fritz W.

Description of Work
excellent work

Category sunrooms

09/10/2014

jeri B.

A person from the company was scheduled to come look at my job and give an estimate. He never showed up and no one answered when I called to inquire/reschedule.

Description of Work
I had an appointment scheduled for someone to come and look at the job and he never showed up. I tried to call and inquire about the reason for the no-show and no one answered.

Category sunrooms

10/22/2013

C A.

Set an appointment to come out and take a look at the property. He called the day of and postponed to meet the next day. So I had to take off work the following day to meet him during the appointment time. He never showed. When I called, he hung up on me. Enough said.

Description of Work
Supposed to come out and take a look at the property for an estimate.

Category remodeling, roofing, house painters, sunrooms

Kevin Hines AC refrigerations

Specializing in HVAC! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Climate Tamers

Born and raised in New Orleans my heart and soul is in this city. I want to earn your trust with the aspiration of gaining a customer for life. My goal is to deliver the best quality job and customer service experience possible. We pick up the phone, we show up on time and we don’t leave until you tell us your completely satisfied. Over 15 years experience, we strive everyday to be the best in our craft. Become a part of our Climate Tamers family! You won’t regret that you called us I promise! - Owner, Brad Miller

Offers by Climate Tamers on Angi
    Air Creation Heating & Cooling

The experienced technicians at Air Creation Heating & Cooling LLC install new heating and cooling systems. We look at your original unit to assess the current air flow in your home. If it’s providing good heating and cooling patterns, we’ll install your new unit the same way to ensure continuous, even air flow.

Visa, Check

Residential and Commercial Renovation, Custom Cabinets, Custom Millwork, Kitchen and Bath Renovation, Outdoor Living Spaces, Historical Restoration, New Construction, Room Additions