Carpenter's Complete Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since April 2011

3.7

206 Aris Ave

Metairie, LA 70005

Carpenter's Complete Inc., (CCI) is a Residential and Commercial Construction Company based in Metarie, Louisiana, and is owned and operated by Matthew Carpenter. Matthew has been an active on-site, detail-oriented, construction manager in his role as a contractor for over 17+ years. CCI has

06/30/2014

Beverly P.

Description of Work
One bathroom was gutted and re-tiled, new fixtures, painted, etc. Another bathroom had more minor work. |The company did good quality work. My low marks are due to the EXTREME slow and unreliable progress of the project. Before we signed the contract, he said the job would take 5 to 10 working days: instead, it took 10 WEEKS! There was 3 days delay due to very cold weather, no harm no foul there. But we got varying stories on the reasons for the extreme delays: sometimes staffing, then he'd deny it. Kept saying they'd come by in the morning, or in the afternoon, or on the next day and not show up nor call. Seemed obvious that he had allocated that original time for our project, and simply moved on to other projects after that. Very unpleasant experience. If you decide to use this fellow, be sure to get a timely completion clause in the contract! |

Category remodeling, home remodeling

05/28/2014

Janis B.

Description of Work
Below I have outlined the major issues that we have encountered with Matt Carpenter and Carpenters Complete, Inc. | |1. Less than half the work is done after ten and a half months on a bathroom addition, kitchen renovation, and painting/siding project. Matt assured us that the job would be done in 3 months. There have been long delays (up to 6 weeks) with little or no work completed. No work has been done for the last 30 days and there has been no contact from Matt or CCI whatsoever. | |2. Matt is holding over 80% of the total cost of the project with less than 50% of the work completed. A formal request to return the money for uncompleted work or to finish the work within a reasonable time frame has be ignored. | |3. While some of the work completed is acceptable, the work in many areas - flooring, siding, painting, framing- is clearly substandard and unacceptable. Complaints have be met in the past with comments suggesting that "it will all work out in the end". | |4. Before the most recent cessation of work (and we have no reason to expect he will return) Matt provided a detailed, somewhat aggressive schedule of how the work would be completed and requested the 3rd installment ($19,000). Since 2/3 of the work was not completed, he agreed to accept a partial payment ($12,000). He almost immediately abandoned the work site stating that he had other commitments, and he advised us that we had two choices: 1) accept that he would not adhere to the schedule, but that he would eventually get back to us, or 2) as he stated, "have your lawyer contact mine". After 2 weeks we chose the latter, and after after an additional 2 weeks with no reply to our request to finish work or return the money for unfinished work, we filed suit. | |5. With work again stopped "in mid-stream" for over a month, we have dangerously low hanging main power lines, cable lines hanging on the neighbors carport roof, unenclosed outer walls, two holes in our interior walls with exposed electrical wiring and insulation, a backyard, carport and side alley way littered with construction materials, and a host of other issues that make everyday living inconvenient if not dangerous. Before he abandoned the site over a month ago, Matt made no effort to mitigate these issues.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

05/06/2014

Sheila H.

They are completing the project today, but overall the remodeling went fine. The providers were nice and professional.

Description of Work
They remolded my bathroom and kitchen.

Category home remodeling

07/13/2013

Maryann E.

On July 5th, I requested information regarding an estimate as suggested, "Ask for details." To date I've received no response to my email inquiry. I feel they could have at the very least hit reply and said not interested. Common courtesy is free. UPDATE SEPTEMBER 20, 2013 The company responded and said I didn't contact them or I had the incorrect address...WRONG. I contacted this company using the email address they listed, (info@carpenterscomplete.com). Plain and simple, they didn't reply.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category remodeling

Carpenter’s Complete monitors emails constantly throughout the day in addition to voicemails and caller ID. We meticulously keep a record of every person that contacts us and we always respond. We have no record of ever being contacted by this person via email, phone, or Angie’s List message center. It is quite possible this person has us confused with another company or the email wasn’t sent to the correct address. We would be more than happy to speak with this person regarding their project if they contact us. The best way to get in touch with us would be to call the office number provided on in our portfolio and on our website.

03/07/2013

Robert A.

He did a very nice job; they are very good and dependable people. He is very professional and he has an office here at Metairie Road and he has a cell phone so it is easy to get in touch with him either through the office or the phone. They did very good work and workmanship was good. It was kind of delayed to finish it because of the weather outside; he had some other business too, s lot of other customers. Everything went well and I even had some additional work for him. I had him do the patio. He had to take the old patio out and put a new one in plus he took care of the hurricane damage. He did a good job. He picked up the patio bill from the refill people. He has two or three workers who actually did all the work. Price seemed to be reasonable. As for punctuality we had a lot of bad weather, they had to work around that.

Description of Work
We used Carpenter's Complete Inc to take care of the hurricane damage and to replace our patio with a new one.

Category remodeling

11/20/2012

brenda H.

Matt advertise on your list, I responded with a request, and Matt didn't have a shred of professionalism to even respond!! Maybe Angie's List need to get real reference on companies like Matt! Besides in this area I live in many families need a carpenter and Matt you may have miss a big blessing !!

Description of Work
After making the initial call and speaking with the secretary I was completely ignored'!! I was asked to submit photos and a list of the damages and I did. However I wait 3 days and never received a response from Matt Carpenter. I emailed the company two more times to see if they had received my Information and my emails went unanswered!! This company conducted itself in an very unprofessional way and I believe because of my home being a mobile home and because of who I am I was judged as someone that was not worth their time or even their effort to respond to!! Matt if you have a certain group of people that you will only service then that should be stated in your advertisement!! It is really pitiful that people like you believe that only certain grouse need help durning a time of devastating circumstance! Shame on YOU MATT!! May God have mercy on you!

Category drywall, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, garage builders, dog fence, doors

Carpenter’s Complete is able to provide a variety of construction services for residential homes with 2 x4 stick frame construction, however mobile homes require a different type of construction than what we are able to offer. Additionally this project was also located over two hours outside of our service area. After reviewing the information it was determined that we would not be able to do this job, we attempted to contact the customer by phone to inform them of this and were unable to reach them. Unfortunately due to the volume of calls and emails we receive every day related to Hurricane Isaac damage we were unable to follow-up beyond that. No comments were ever made regarding economic status. The customer may have us confused with another construction company.

09/10/2012

Jeffrey O.

A gentleman from CCI came on Thursday August 16 to put together a quote for the kitchen remodel. I really liked him and what he had to say. I was told that I would have a quote the begining of the next week. Over the weekend, we made some changes. I called Monday or Tuesday to tell them about the changes. I emailed a new plan that day. I thought I would get the new quote by the end of the week. Then, we had a hurricane. I sent and email on Wednesday September 5 asking about the quote. I got an email back that evening saying that someone would get back to me soon. It is September 10 and I have not heard from them. I am really disappointed. I put that I would use them again because they may have a perfectly good reason for the delay but they should have let me know and you can not choose "maybe". I received an email, in response to mine, on September 15. It was an apology for the problem basically saying what they have commented on the site. My issue still stands that if someone from their office had called me and said that they have emergency damage to their own office and through South Louisiana and can we push the quote to November, I would have been fine with that. I understand there were big problems that had to be addressed long before a functioning kitchen needed to be remodeled. A 30 second call would have kept me as a customer but not communicating with me is the problem.

Description of Work
Look at the kitchen and find out what I wanted. Put together a quote for the renovation.

Category home remodeling

Unfortunately hurricane Isaac has set us back greatly and we are still trying to get caught up. We had to shut down the office for the whole week during the storm which prevented us from getting any work done and put us a week behind schedule to begin with. After the storm passed we returned to a flooded office and a number of emergency jobs involving issues such as flooding and leaky roofs that had to take precedence over previous jobs. We are receiving new calls every day for more storm repairs and are in the process of sorting through those along with previous remodeling jobs. We are working as quickly as we can to get everything back on schedule.

05/25/2012

Cully C.

Everything went as scheduled. Excellent

Description of Work
We called to get an estimate for a bathroom remodel last month. After going through a few companies, we decided on using Matthew. his knowledge, and professionalism is what sold the job. He was a little more than the other estimates. But, the finished product was far more than what we ever expected. Like my Grandpa use to always say "You get what you pay for"Matt, Thanks again for everything. we will be letting our family and friends know about you.

05/23/2012

Helen C.

I found Carpenters Complete INC online and called for a free estimate. The office personnel was very friendly and got me an appointment the next week. Matt came out and talked with me to get my ideas and give me some options. He was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable about the work that was to be done. He replaced the roof and remodeled my bathroom. My bathroom came out beautiful Matt is a perfectionist and it shows in his work. I enjoyed my experience with this company and will be calling them back soon for future home renovations.

Description of Work
Replaced Roof Remodeled Bathroom

05/22/2012

Ashley L.

Carpenters Complete Inc installed a new bathroom in my home at a great cost. Matt (owner) quickly responded to my estimate inquiries and was prompt to come out and give a free estimate. He had alot of ideas that were inexpensive and was wonderful to work with. Matt was available to answer any questions or concerns i had throughout the whole process. He was patient and personable and i loved my experience with this company. He also gave me a great deal on storm shutters as he installs those as well.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel.

r.e.o services llc

We Help individuals and businesses across New Orleans bring their ideas to life. We have on a variety of small and large-scale projects, but one thing always remains consistent . No matter what, all of our clients receive the personalized attention they deserve.

Slidell Shutters and Security

ALL HURRICANE PROTECTION** - With over 20 years of experience, Slidell Shutters and Security specializes in all types of Hurricane Protection for any opening, no matter size or shape. We are a direct resource of professional knowledge and superior products, not only for home and business owners, but architects and builders as well. Slidell Shutters and Security utilizes over 20 years hands on experiences in all areas of storm protection including sales, design, manufacturing, installation and service. As a result, our customers obtain the highest level of security available at the most affordable price. From the do-it-your-seller to the experienced custom builder and architects, we will work with you to design the best combination of defense and aesthetics. We are able to accommodate any size order, large or small, commercial or residential. Our experts will guild you though the hurricane protection process and answer any questions you may have. For all your shutter needs or questions. Interior or Exterior, Commercial or Residential. We ARE your One Stop Shutter Shop.

34 Gutters

We are your go to gutter company, here to help you with gutter filters, gutter installation, fascia repair and fascia siding.

MasterCard, Check, Visa, American Express, Financing Available, Discover

Carpenter's Complete Inc. specializes in All Residential and Commercial construction. We perform large and small jobs. We have our own line of Comfort Complete Windows, Hurricane Shutters, Home Elevation, Bath & Kitchen Remodel. Commercial Ground Up Construction, Retail remodel, Storefront Conversions Etc.

Ask For Details!