Bob's Plumbing Inc

Founded 1965 • With Angi since February 2016

10 Employees working full time. Bob's Plumbing Inc is family owned & operated! We are celebrating over 50 years in business this year! Bob's plumbing has been on hickory street in Harahan since 1965! Bob's Plumbing Inc still charges by the hour.

plumbers (105)water heaters (35)tile installation (6)gas leak repair (4)sewer cleaning (1)

11/25/2022

Erin N.

I can’t say enough good things about this company. My hot water heater went out the week of Thanksgiving and they were able to fit me in and replace it before the holiday. Everyone I met was super nice and extremely helpful. I would (and will) recommend them to everyone!

Description of Work
Hot water heater replaced

08/06/2021

Matthew P.

This was my first time using Bob’s Plumbing and I’m very glad I did. Josh and Marty did a fantastic job installing 3 toilets, repairing some incorrectly installed pipes (installed by different company) under my sink and replacing the supply line to my dishwasher. They were efficient, courteous and friendly. You can tell they take pride in their work by the quality of the work they performed. Thanks Bob’s Plumbing!

Description of Work
Toilet install (3ea), pipe repair, dishwasher supply line install

Work Completed On 08/06/2021

07/15/2021

Kellie B.

I hired Bob's Plumbing, INC. with the installation of 2 toilets and a repair of a leaking faucet. They provided great communication and were punctual. Frank and Josh went above and beyond with an inspection of our water heaters for wear without even charging us. Also, they found a leak in our attic roof that we were not aware of! I highly recommend Bob's Plumbing and I will use them again!

Description of Work
Installation of toilets and fix leaking faucet

Work Completed On 07/15/2021

07/08/2021

Becky H.

It was a professional experience. The plumber took out all of the existing drains from each side of the sink and replaced everything all the way to the wall. He double checked each fitting for leakage and put it under pressure by filling both sides of the sink. He worked. Early and carefully. I was very pleased with the prompt, professional service.

Description of Work
P trap under kitchen sink leaking

Work Completed On 07/08/2021

03/16/2021

Richard G.

Great guys, super service, professional would call again. Super A++++.

Description of Work
Hot Water Heater replacement

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 03/16/2021

Review for Bob's Plumbing Inc - 800 Hickory Ave, Harahan, LA - 39252000

12/21/2020

christian D.

Bob’s Plumbing came out a few months back to service my Aquatic bathtub. I went to them because they had been Aquatic’s warranty services in the area and I had used them before successfully. Upon starting the job, they informed me that they no longer did Aquatic's warranty. They also butchered my tub, put in the wrong part, and mangled the light. They blamed Aquatic not being able to get the part from them and said I should call (giving me the sense that there's bad blood there, but they wouldn't give me a reason). They also blamed the local distributor they use for getting the wrong box that powers the pump. Aquatic agreed to fix my tub in November (though they have not yet), which is why I haven’t gone to court. Bob’s Plumbing still has the broken (but correct) model pump and the one in the tub is wrong. I also now have a button that they insisted they needed to cut the tub to put in because they couldn't make the built in pump button work. The lights came on but only in one color and are controlled with the pump button while the pump itself is now controlled with their frankenbutton. When they had asked if I’d be fine with the light just in one color, I berated them for being incompetent and they left. Since then, the light stopped working entirely. They never charged me for the destruction to my tub. Then again, they did destroy it. My husband called the day after they left and the owner said he would call to work it out and never did. If Aquatic doesn’t come through for me, I won't have any choice but to take Bob’s to court. At the very least, I urge anyone with a jetted bathtub—especially an Aquatic brand—to avoid them. They seem to get great reviews for pipes so by all means, take a chance on them for that but don’t say I didn’t warn you if you have to replace all the pipes in your house.

Description of Work
Replacement of Jetted Tub Parts

Work Completed On 12/21/2020

10/20/2020

Stacy P.

it went great they came in and fished the new line through the old line which was great because they didn't have to reroute the line through my attic. They were very professional and cleaned up as they went along.

Description of Work
hot water line leak

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

10/06/2020

Stacey L.

The guys from Bob’s Plumbing came to my house within 20 minutes & were on the job! They repaired the spigot & saved us from having to go overnight without water. Their response time was incredible & their loyalty to their customers commendable. I highly recommend Bob’s Plumbing!

Description of Work
A workman at our home knocked the faucet off the backyard spigot at 2:30 pm. Water had to be turned off to house because water was spraying across the backyard.

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

09/29/2020

Kris B.

My family has used Bob's plumbing for years. Always reliable & quick to respond. My hot water heater flooded the garage on Saturday & Bob's showed up 1st thing Monday to replace it. As always, they were friendly, efficient & professional. I will definitely continue to use Bob's Plumbing & highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Hot water heater replaced

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

09/22/2020

robert B.

It took a little over an hour for the two gentlemen to complete the work. They carried a faucet for the kitchen that I purchased from them saving me a trip to Home Depot. It is a good quality faucet also. The guys were pleasant, efficient and most importantly really good at what they do. They wasted no time as they were constantly busy, working separately. Second or third time that I used them and I'm glad I did.

Description of Work
Needed a new kitchen faucet, a vanity faucet repaired and an out door faucet replaced.

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

09/20/2020

Stephanie C.

Phenomenal. I couldn’t get over how professional and polite and well groomed these men were. Very personable, explained in thorough detail what they would be doing and completed the job efficiently. Highly recommend and will do business with them from here on out.

Description of Work
Upstairs toilet leaking at base

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

07/03/2020

Tanya D.

Great! Kept me informed. Friendly & professional. Job done well.

Description of Work
Stove connector, toilet seal, drain unclog, sink connection

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

06/29/2020

Anna E.

Great! Came out the same day, professional, friendly, informative and competent. I will always rely on Bob’s Plumbing for future projects.

Description of Work
Fix leak under the kitchen sink

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

01/07/2020

Duane R.

Mike showed up on time, was courteous and made the repairs quickly.

Description of Work
Replacement of main shut-off valve to house and replacement shower faucet valve.

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

11/26/2019

Jorge V.

I called Sunday afternoon, and I spoke to Frank directly. He got my information and asked me to send pictures. He gave me a quote, and said that he would try to get the water heater the next morning and, if he did, he would get it installed by the afternoon. He called Monday morning saying that he got it and that he would place be coming to replace it in about two hours. He showed up before that and got the job done in about an hour. Overall, I was able to get the water heater replaced in less than 24 hours. I was very happy with work done and the promptness.

Description of Work
Replace an electric water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/26/2019

11/07/2019

Janice C.

The plumbers were fantastic. They solved the leak problems, were courteous, friendly and accommodating. The new faucet is of highest quality. We highly recommend Bobs Plumbing and will definitely call them again for all our plumbing issues. Their repair skills are amazing!

Description of Work
Leaks under bathroom sink and replace faucets

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

11/05/2019

Corey W.

Josh and Marty went the extra mile to get my sink draining properly. I own an older house with cast iron pipes. We were initially afraid that the pipe underground had come undone. They went the extra mile to get the pipes cleaned out so that my sink is draining faster than ever. They were honest with me that I may still need to get a camera guy to see if I need to fix anything under the house and how expensive that would be. They installed a new clean out cap and showed me how to take it off if I ever had problems and needed relief temporarily. These guys were great and I would definitely ask for them the next time.

Description of Work
Kitchen sink draining slow

Work Completed On 11/05/2019

10/10/2019

Charlene B.

Service was excellent from initial phone call to finish. I called in a.m. and was able to get serviced in a.m. Yay!!! Spoke to Frank on phone to set everything up, then Josh and Marti came out to do the job for us. Our kitchen sink was not draining properly and our bathroom sink was not draining and it was filling up with water. Everyone I dealt with was very professional, honest, fair, and very knowledgable. The job proved a difficult one due to the original set up of our plumbing, but they were able to figure it out quickly and fix it quickly. This even included cutting sheetrock and creating a new clean out....they were done in about two hours including figuring out issue, trying the snake to clear out, plunger, and then finally cutting sheetrock and creating a new clean out due to our pipes not being installed correctly originally from when house was built in the 60's. We would hire them again, they have gained a new lifetime customer.

Description of Work
kitchen sink not draining correctly, bathroom sink not draining

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

07/13/2019

Raoul D.

all correspondence was over the phone. frank was professional and the plumber arrived and did the work (under the house) when no one was home. I know it was a difficult job, but they took care of it in between storms. I never met the guys, but I don't smell gas any more and am confident they took care of my problem as they said. I even paid over the phone with credit card. I would recommend bob's to anyone and I would definitely use their services again.

Description of Work
repair gas leak

Category gas leak repair

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

07/10/2019

eve T.

I had a water main break under my beautiful live oak tree in the front yard. Bob's plumbing did an outstanding job, making a stressful event into a manageable event and very reasonably priced. They came promptly as there was a tropical storm coming this way, with 2 trucks and 5 men and got the job done quickly and efficiently. They had to dig up two existing plants and replanted them when they were done. I am so grateful both to the friend who recommended them and mostly to Bob's Plumbing. Now I have a plumber for life! Thank you.

Description of Work
New main water line from street to house

Work Completed On 07/09/2019

06/23/2019

William S.

I noticed water leaking from my 16+ year old electric water heater on a Sunday morning. I reviewed options on Angie's list and decided to give Bob's Plumbing a call based on what I read. When I called I was expecting to have to leave a message because it was Sunday, however, they answered the phone and asked what issue I was having and how could they help. I told them my situation and due to the age of the water heater recommended installing a new one and could give me an estimate while we were on the phone. I gave them the measurements they requested and they gave me an estimate, which was a good price and included everything including a new water heater installed as well as the removal of the old unit. They then said they could be at my home mid-morning for installation, so we set it up. Soon after, they requested some photos just so they had a good view of the current setup and location so I sent those over. I received a call the next morning informing me they were on the way and would arrive at the designated time. Upon arrival the tech was nice and professional and said he would get right on it. He also answered all my questions. The replacement was quick and the issue resolved by lunch time. In the end, Bob's Plumbing was available, reliable, fairly priced, professional and did a great job. I went from significant concern with my issue on a Sunday and having it completely resolved within 24 hours, thanks to Bob's Plumbing. I would definitely use them again and recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Installation of a new water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/17/2019

06/14/2019

Eric B.

The technicians were professional and courteous. They called to inform me, they were on their way. They arrived on time as schedule. The work was done in a timely and professional manner. When the job was done, the area was clean and spotless. I will use them in the future. I highly recommend Bob's Plumbing.

Description of Work
Repair toilet

Work Completed On 06/14/2019