Bryans United Air Conditioning

Founded 1982 • With Angi since October 2008

1615 Leboeuf St

Gretna, LA 70053

Bryan's United Air Conditioning specializes in the service, maintenance, and installation of residential comfort systems. Our service technicians are trained to work on all makes and models ranging from air conditioners and gas furnaces to heat pumps and whole house air cleaners. Our factory trained installation mechanics specialize in the installation of Trane & Bryant Comfort products. In business for thirty years, we are involved in several organizations which share our goal of quality customer service through honesty, integrity and team work. We are auxiliary members of the Home Builders Association, active in the Louisiana Heat Pump Association (the largest HVAC association in our state) and are accredited with the Better Business Bureau. Bryan's United takes pride in having the most qualified service and installation personnel possible. All of our technicians and mechanics attend year round technical training and are NATE certified. NATE is a national certification program which only the top technicians qualify for.All of our professionals are neatly uniformed and arrive in clean, clearly marked service vehicles. Our office staff is always available and ready to answer any questions and arrange appointments around your schedule are fully licensed and insured....

05/11/2018

John M.

Called company to get an estimate (shown as free on Angie's list). Was told they could not give an estimate unless they sent a tech to determine problem ($95.00 fee). I know the problem, a 27 year old system. I guess the free estimate is not free.

Description of Work
Replace complete A/C system R-22 freon system

11/01/2017

Mike K.

Terrific. They were very helpful and knowledgeable and did a good job.

Description of Work
1. Installed vent for clothes dryer thru attic roof. 2. replaced so.e ductwork.

09/12/2017

Elizabeth R.

Came promptly and told us they were on the way. Easy to work with -- we were actually out of town and had a house sitter helping.

Description of Work
Air conditioning fizzed out. They ended up replacing 2 circuit breakers in the unit.

08/28/2017

bill L.

good work,men even wore plastic slippers to come in house

Description of Work
ac blower in attic

08/23/2017

kathleen F.

Awful.. kept putting me off due to weather, which is understandable. But, they were coming next day for sure. Never showed up or more importantly did not bother to call. Which was aok since I already had Glen Reed come out the same day I called. I was just seeing how long Bryan would ignore me. This was a whole week of false promises.

Description of Work
AC died, needed it fixed

05/03/2017

Mike K.

Superbly done. Give me much better price than the other fellows. They actually performed the leak test and found the Leaky condenser coils where is the other guy wanted to replace the entire unit both inside and out without checking. Save me a bundle.

Description of Work
Replaced AC condebser and furnace.

04/10/2017

Kevin S.

Serviceman came out within a few hours and fixed the problem.

Description of Work
Water was backing up into the house from the unit.

04/06/2017

Kim H.

We have been using them for several years and have been very pleased with them. They will be coming out again in April to do the air conditioner spring maintenance. We are on a maintenance plan with them, which also includes them coming out to do emergency things, like if something quits. I can't per say what the actual cost is. I don’t foresee changing companies.

Description of Work
We had them doing preventive maintenance.

04/06/2017

Kim H.

It is a heat pump, 2 speed compressor system with zone controls for 4 zones in the house. Each one has a separate humidity and temperature control. It is a fairly fancy system, computer controlled wise. It works great! You can set different zones at different temperatures and the unit manages that. It is a 2-story house, so it really works well and it shifts as the sun goes across the house. It shifts to where the heating and cooling occurs depending temperatures. We have different rooms set at different temperatures and it maintains that. I went out for bids and I choose them for that. They had what I thought was the best price for the system. I got bids from a few different companies for that kind of system. They did everything I wanted plus what they felt was necessary, and would be good for operation. I haven?t had any problems with it. The responsiveness is the part that I really like as part of the maintenance agreement is, response the same day when you call them with a problem. They call before they are coming too. Since they have been so reliable for me for the air conditioning system, I had them install a house generator. They have done very well on that also.

Description of Work
I hired them to put in the air conditioning system for the house.

12/20/2016

Rene D.

They did an excellent job and blew out the line (15 feet) and the system was restored.

Description of Work
Plugged drain line on evaporator unit kept shutting down unit.

11/14/2016

Kim P.

The salesman presented several options for repairs or replacing part or all of the air conditioner. We were able to choose the package that was affordable for us. The salesman assisted us in applying for low interest financing through Bryan's United. The servicemen were prompt, professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
I needed to repair or replace my air conditioning unit.

10/01/2016

Lady D.

It was the whole system and it was their best system. It was the air conditioning and heating unit. They were out here when they said they were going to do it. They claimed that this air conditioner would reduce our electricity bill because it was high efficiency. We have a two-story. They said the air conditioning upstairs as well as downstairs would remain the same and amazingly it does. It has reduced our air conditioning bill by about $200 a month. The price was excellent. I don't think they're cheap. I wouldn't say that they were a cheap company. However, I do believe the value that we received was excellent. Overall, since we've had it, it has paid for itself. They were very professional, the sales person was professional. We were very impressed with the salesperson. The people that they've sent out since, have been very professional and very efficient. They come when they say they're going to come.

Description of Work
They installed our air conditioning unit four years ago and they've been servicing it since, coming out twice a year.

10/01/2016

Lady D.

They do maintenance. They changed the main air conditioning filter upstairs and they checked the heating system. They come out once before the summer and once before the winter. So it's twice a year. The good part about it is that they always come when they say they're going to come. The reason why I give them a 'B' instead of an 'A' is because they kind of bugged us. Because they wanted to get it done, they wanted to come earlier. This was the first time they did it in the four years that we've had the air conditioning. That's the only reason why I'm giving them a 'B' They need to keep a little bit better records of when they actually serviced. What they did was good, but it's just the bugging part that kind of aggravated me a little bit. This was the first time they ever did that and we've had them for four years. I think this might have been a little bit of an aberration. They were too punctual.

Description of Work
They serviced our air conditioning and heating unit.

09/16/2016

john S.

I?m very pleased with their initial contact, helping me understand what was going on, what would happen, and how the installation would go. Even after when I would call they were very responsive.

Description of Work
Installed a new AC system with high efficiency.

01/08/2016

Amy ..

Pricey, but was upfront about the cost. Did what they said they were going to do in a no-nonsense way. Didn't under-perform but didn't go out of the way exceed expectations.

Description of Work
Gave my troublesome heating units a once over...

09/17/2015

Romona S.

They are great with answering questions and assisting with any small issues. We have been very happy with our services for the past few years.

Description of Work
They installed an HVAC system for us a couple years back and we have since been in a service contract with them for biannual service.

07/19/2015

Charlotte D.

I had no cool air at all on a very hot Sunday. I called the company and the call was answered on the 1st ring. The person who answered was very nice and very professional. Someone from Bryan was at my home in about 2 hours which I thought was wonderful for a Sunday afternoon. I was told that the rate for a Sunday was $125 minimum (whereas it is $85 on a weekday). The AC specialist (Adam) was very professional and explained everything to my satisfaction before doing the work. He even found a discount from their website to apply to my bill which I thought was outstanding. I feel that I had superb service over and above the call of duty for any day but especially for a Sunday afternoon. I would call Bryan United again with no hesitation.

Description of Work
Replaced a part in my air conditioner condenser.

06/29/2015

Ramona M.

The wanted to put in the most expensive one. They came out to charge $500 to put in a new fan. That night the air conditioning went out again.

Description of Work
I used Bryans United.

04/26/2015

Stephanie R.

this was a saturday call and Phillip returned my call after an hour and was at my house in 15 minutes. He was very professional, knowledgeable, and fast!

Description of Work
Unit was not cooling the house after doing a quick diagnostic - it was a fuse connection and was a simple fix

04/10/2015

Jeffrey L.

I had an awesome experience from beginning to end with Bryan's. It was a Thursday night and we noticed that our AC seemed to be frozen and not cooling. I called Bryan's at 7:30am the next day and they took my info. I was contacted back within an hour to let me know that a technician would try to be out that day. I was going out of town at 1pm Friday and the technician, Phillip, made it to our house by 11:30. He took our schedule into consideration and was able to diagnose our problem and recommend a solution that would save us the most money. He got us up a running in time for us to leave and we got a quote for the permanent fix which we don't need to do for a few months. I'm very happy with the service and Phillip was very nice and professional. I have found my new AC repair company! Will call them for all my future AC and heating needs.

Description of Work
Came to inspect AC that was not cooling.

07/25/2014

Robert M.

The technician was very prompt, professional, and polite, and let me know all of my options, including his recommendation. I then asked for a sales consult through him, but that apparently didn't go through, but I called and set up an appointment with Kyle. Kyle was also very professional and I met with him 3 times as we discussed my options related to SEER ratings, efficiency of variable speeds (and cost!), as well as the Lennox solar option (our final discussion). I was also working with another company through a home supply store. The latter company seemed more knowledgeable about the solar (my impression) and they also came in about $1200 cheaper than Kyle's bid (still over $30k with dual speed condenser and variable speed handler plus solar), so we went with them instead. If Kyle's were within a few hundred, we may have gone with Bryans United. Kyle was gracious on the phone when I let him know, although he did mention that he was surprised his bid was that close to his competition's (neither knew who they were competing with), as he thought he might have been much higher than theirs. I'm not sure what to make of this, other than to think that both were trying to give me a fair price, as they both would want to win the bid.

Description of Work
A technician checked my downstairs HVAC that wasn't working. Told me that the coolant had leaked out and that my air handler was rusted and unreliable (true). Offered replacing coolant for $500 (his best estimate of volume needed), but let me know that it would likely leak out again, possibly before the end of the season, no way to know for sure. Since it was a very old unit, he recommended replacement. He cleaned and checked my upstairs unit as well, which was also dated, but working fine.

04/22/2014

Robert C.

We called them July 4th and they came July 4th, and they came on a Saturday too, when we called them. They didn't charge us anything extra for coming out on the 4th of July. We plan on using them again.

Description of Work
I used Bryans United Air Conditioning. Something had burnt out in our AC, and they replaced that.

01/15/2014

Jackie B.

They make you feel apart of the family. They are professional, caring, and determined to do a good job. They don't stop until everything is done correctly. They will work with a customer until a design is right. They never lose patience and never lose their sense of humor from the beginning to the end of the project.

Description of Work
They put two units new a loft. They redid the A/C.

09/27/2013

Doleen L.

Since I was an Angie's List member they gave me thirty dollars off. Edgar was on time and he was very polite, did good work, and identified problems we didn't even we know we had. He answered all of our questions and we highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Edgar cleaned out and serviced our unit.

09/26/2013

MARTIN P.

It went exactly as Phillip (technician) said it would, He was scheduled to be back around Noon the following day Sept 24 to tackle the issue. At 11:45 am they (Philip and and other technician) were there. The weather wasn't cooperating, (raining) however 4 hours later the Job was complete. Extremely professional, Between downtime (waiting for the Vaccum to pull appropriately) had a very enlightening conversation regarding Foam insulation and what to ask of the Foam Insulation companies as apparently there are issues that need to be addressed with respect to condensation within the area that is to be insulated. The insulation does as intended however moisture levels have to be addressed, that typically fall to the Air Conditioning Co's to tackle - after the fact. Bottom line this experience with Bryan's United A/C was excellent, far better than others in Different parts of the US that I have had to endure (probably the best way of putting it)

Description of Work
We had one of our a/c units go out, quit cooling, Bryan's (Philip / Technician) came out diagnosed the problem as a leaking Coil, called the manufacturer found that the part was still under Warantee. Said he would be back the following day to install the Part and get everything back up and running.

Albee's Air Conditioning And Heating LLC

Albee's Air Conditioning And Heating LLC, is the name you can trust in providing air conditioning and heating services to the New Orleans area since 1999. We guarantee you professional quality and dependable services because you deserve nothing less. Your satisfaction is our top priority. Just to give you some insight some of our specialties includes: Service, Repair Replacement and Installation of air conditioning and heating systems, we also service and repair and install mini-split systems and ductwork installation, ductwork repair, our technicians are also ready to work on any 2-stage and communicating systems,.. and of course we are fully licensed and insured, we take all major credit cards, and we do have financing on replacement air conditioning and heating systems, call us now for a free quote..

National Air

Trane comfort specialist focusing on customer satisfaction and efficiency. Proper sizing is critical to moisture removal and comfort. National air performs heat loads to determine the proper system for your home or office. Air balancing performed after the installation to eliminate hotspots. 100% satisfaction guaranteed for one year or your money back.specializing in historic homes. Award winning.

Climate Tamers

Born and raised in New Orleans my heart and soul is in this city. I want to earn your trust with the aspiration of gaining a customer for life. My goal is to deliver the best quality job and customer service experience possible. We pick up the phone, we show up on time and we don’t leave until you tell us your completely satisfied. Over 15 years experience, we strive everyday to be the best in our craft. Become a part of our Climate Tamers family! You won’t regret that you called us I promise! - Owner, Brad Miller

Offers by Climate Tamers on Angi