Arceneaux Pest Management Inc

Founded 2004 • With Angi since October 2010

31545 Hwy 16

Denham Springs, LA 70726

Joe Arceneaux is the owner and a Board Certified Entomologist. We have served the Baton Rouge, Livingston and Ascension Parish area for 26 years. We have 10 employees. We provide free estimates for termite and pest control services. Clients can pay online through our secure website. If it creeps or crawls, we have a treatment plan for you. Technicians do work after 5:00 PM and Saturday if needed....

10/24/2020

Ben B.

Very professional, they got right to work, did a great job! Would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Eradicate very large yellow-jacket wasp nest

06/18/2018

Jett L.

Jimmy took care of my house well. Responded to every inquiries. Great service.

Description of Work
Pest Control

07/17/2015

Russell M.

It went well. Michael Cassidy did the work and answered all my questions about the pesticides with regards to my cat's safety. Very satisfied, recommended. Also had very good follow-up over the phone by their office.

Description of Work
An initial general pest prevention treatment plus a special preventative treatment in the attic for wasps issue I had last year. Special deal included a year of pest control.

06/17/2015

Ashley L.

Michael was great! First he asked me what kind of problems was I seeing. I had seen ants outdoors on the soffit, silverfish, and spiders inside. He was very thorough, checking my attic for holes from a roof rat problem we had previously dealt with a few years ago. He advised me to trim the bushes away from the house and to fill a whole where an animal had burrowed (animal is gone) near the foundation. Overall I was very satisfied with his professionalism and also the price! They will come out 3 more times this year or anytime I'm having a problem for no extra charge.

Description of Work
Treated my home (indoors/outdoors)

01/18/2015

Ryan B.

Service was extremely thorough. Treated around the entire home and concrete plus inside the home in the bathrooms.

Description of Work
Termite treatment on newly purchased home.

09/26/2014

Woodrow S.

They were very professional and knowledgeable about their business. The work has been good so far. I haven't had any termites.

Description of Work
I use them for termite inspections. I am scheduled for an inspection today or tomorrow.

07/05/2014

Scott B.

APM sprays two of my residential properties every quarter. The technician always shows up on time and works with my tenants to schedule the sprays on rental properties. I have had no issues with unwanted pest showing up after the sprays. If I had a question about one I take a picture and send it to Mr Joe. He always responds promptly. I use Angie's List for most of my service providers and personal reviews means a lot to me. As you can see on AL reviews, Mr. Joe is a professional in every sense of the word. The biggest standout for me is he does what he says he is going to do whether it is showing up at the scheduled time or giving you a call back. That is very hard to find in today's world.

Description of Work
Arceneaux Pest Mgmt does quarterly pest control spraying at two of my properties and will be starting on a third very soon.

06/16/2014

Bernard R.

The guys (2) made it to my home at 8:00 just as they stated. They discussed the procedure with me and once I agreed to it, they began to work. It didn't take them long at all. They were very quiet with their work also. Once finished, they cleaned up all their things and brought me my paperwork. Once again, he went over everything they had done. He asked me if I wanted to go outside with him to see for myself. I declined because I was still sleepy.

Description of Work
Treated my home for termites.

06/14/2014

Mitch B.

My family moved from New Orleans to Baton Rouge and we needed to find a pest control company for our new home. After studying all the reviews on Angie's list, Arceneaux Pest Management really stood out among the other companies. Joe Arceneaux (owner) came out himself and inspected our home. As he inspected, he explained everything to us in detail. We knew we chose the right company after spending a few minutes with Joe. He didn't just try to pitch things to us to get us to choose his company. He is very professional and extremely knowledgeable about his trade. He explained how the treatment process worked and made us felt at ease about concerns we had. We asked dozens of questions about different insects in around our home and he spent time explaining what they were and which ones were of concern. He is a walking insect encyclopedia! We did not feel rushed through the process. Joe made sure that all of our questions were answered before leaving. We scheduled treatment for the following week. We have a retention pond located behind our home. We had been getting lots of rain and Joe did not want to pollute the pond with chemicals so he made sure to treat our home when it was safe for us, our pets and the pond. This required two visits to safely treat the house. When you set up an appt. with Joe and his people, rest assured, they will be there on time. They keep you informed of everything being done and you can see they really take pride in their work. Update: My wife and I discovered some really dangerous looking spiders in our garage. We took pictures of them and emailed the pictures to Joe. He responded to us within a half hour on a Saturday night! One of his techs scheduled an appt. with us to get a better look. He came out and inspected one of the spiders we caught. Turns out it wasn't anything dangerous and he explained that we could treat or simply knock the webs away as we saw them. Keep in mind, they could have made money off of telling us we needed to be treated, but they explained exactly what they were and that there was no need to worry. Keep in mind that all of this was done free of charge! Joe and his company are like that old fashioned companies of years ago that put the customer first, but they take advantage of the newest and best technology out there. You will get the best of both if you choose Arceneaux. Thanks Joe and company! Sincerely, Mitch and Cheree' Bodden

Description of Work
Termite prevention treatment along with provide information about other pests found around our home.

Category pest control

Wow. Many thanks for your review!

05/17/2014

Katherine D.

I called (based on Angie's list) and Michael came out the next day at the time agreed upon. We thoroughly discussed the problems we were having, and he thoroughly discussed what he would do to take care of them. Then he got to work. I don't know how long he was here, but he didn't dilly dally. He completely sprayed the interior, including the attic, which I didn't expect. Then he switched out sprays and did the outside, including the garage, inside and out, which,again, I didn't expect (it looks like a hoarders'), and an "office" outside of the garage, AND the mess behind the garage! ALSO, he sprayed the piles of leaves in the yard, where he told me roaches can live. I feel that he did a very thorough job. Michael was very pleasant and answered all of my questions. And the young woman who helped me on the phone was also pleasant and efficient. I signed up for the year of treatments, but was told to call if there were any problems; I don't expect any. All in all, an A+!

Description of Work
Treated inside for roaches, spiders and other indoor pests, and outside, including garage

05/05/2014

Jason L.

They come every 3 months. They're due to come back out probably this month or next. I have prepaid for the entire year. They give us discount if you prepaid for the year. They're very prompt. They send a notification in the mail that my exterminator will contact me and he contacts me and he schedules for the next week and he always shows up on time. The one time that there was an issue, they came back right away and fixed it. They're very good, very kind and very polite family owned company. They're very professional, very knowledgeable, prompt and very convenient. They're always punctual. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Arceneaux Pest Management Incorporated does full extermination for our home, for buildings on the property.

03/10/2014

Thomas D.

We found termites in the house 2 weeks ago. I looked here for some reputable exterminators and chose Arceneauxs because of the great reviews. I set up an appt. online and got a call the next day and scheduled the date. Jed came out and looked at the problems, explained the solutions and answered all the questions I had. He was very pleasant to talk to and knows his stuff about termites. A week later they came out and did the work, were very professional and courteous, and were done in a reasonable amount of time, plus I got the $695 deal! I highly recommend using their service.

Description of Work
Total termite protection for my home.

10/21/2013

Camille M.

We were satisfied with the product and service we received.

Description of Work
Termite inspection and services were performed.

09/05/2013

DOTTYE M.

I was highly impressed from the moment Mr. Joe Arceneaux personally came and did an inspection. He explained the termite treatment process he would use, how it would be done, and the cost. He was very knowledgeable about termites and answered all my questions. We setup a date for the treatment. His technician Ray arrived at the appointed time. Ray was very polite and professional. He worked diligently and quickly even though he was working alone and it was very hot outside. After Ray completed the job he gave me all the paper work describing the termite treatment, the invoice, and an inspection diagram. I was thoroughly pleased and feel confident in their services. I would highly recommend Arceneaux Pest Management as you will receive a thorough and professional job. Also less than a week after their services, I received a thank you card from their company. I have dealt with various pest control companies the last 30 years and this is the first time I have ever received a thank you card. It was a thoughtful and nice touch from a professional company.

Description of Work
Arceneaux Pest Management came to my house and did a termite inspection and we decided to do a Termite Treatment and annual inspection and treatment .

08/07/2013

Jason L.

I was called back promptly and the technician arrived on time and worked quickly yet thoroughly. Very professional, polite and explained all details of services. Eric did a great job and I signed up for the rest of the year. Overall great service.

Description of Work
Home pest control

07/30/2013

Mary Catherine E.

Mr. Joe Arceneaux came out promptly, and informed me in writing what he would do and how he would it. He is a Board Certified Entomologist and has been treating pest control needs for over twenty years. His father started the company in 1988 and was in the industry for over forty years. His technicians arrived on time and really never took a break until they were finished. They worked tirelessly around the perimeter of the home, digging deep trenches around the entire home. The prep work was very labor intensive, but I could sense the pride in their work. Termidor was applied with precision along the foundation walls/exterior perimeter of our home. We had existing holes in the cement, and they were drilled, treated and replugged to perfection. Two bath traps were removed and treated, as well. His technicians deserve an A+, also! Hard work shows! We were given information on how to maintain this protection, and we will pay a small annual renewal in 2014. We would highly recommend this company, if you want total customer satisfaction, and a job well done! Kudos to his entire team.

Description of Work
You will immediately sense that you made the right call when Mr. Arceneaux drives up. "Quality begets quality." You sense right away that he knows what he is talking about, with over twenty years in this business and over 300 hours of continuing education in order to maintain his certification (Board Certified Entomologist). Mr. Arceneaux drew an inspection diagram of the perimeter of the home. He described in detail the subterranean termite (native and formosan) treatment w/ Termidor Suspended Concentrate that he would use around the perimeter of the home, the two bath traps and in the cement plugs. We set a date for his technicians to show up, and I signed the contract. Everything his company would do was written down. No surprises and his pricing was very fair.

07/25/2013

Doug H.

As the other members have indicated, Mr. Joe personally comes to your home to fully review Arceneaux's termite protection plan, how it works, costs, etc. He measured our home to determine the final cost for treatment. Mr. Joe answered all our questions about termites, how they can swarm, damage homes, and the treatment system/chemicals he would be using. We schedule our treatment appointment and his crew came right at the appointed time. They were professional and did their work quickly. Mr. Joe suggested that we treat under our tubs inside the home. So our treatment included the perimeter treatement and some interior treatment. After the treatment was done, we received a full packet including invoice, treatment map and description, information on the annual maintenence cost and treatment, instructions on when to call them, and an insurance certificate listing us as a named insured. We rest comfortably that our home has been treated to prevent termites and that we have full coverage in the unlikely event we do get some issue. Cost was very competitive. Finally, Arceneaux's is based in Denham Springs, but they came right out to treat our home located in Dutchtown.

Description of Work
Full service home termite protection.

06/15/2013

Michele D.

I am very pleased with the job done by the professionals from Arceneaux. Carolyn has done a wonderful job with our quarterly pest control; she calls to set up an appointment and she is always punctual. If there is a problem between service visits, I am confident that I can call for an additional visit although I've never needed to do so in the 4 years I've used Arceneaux for pest control. We also use their termite protection services with yearly inspections, and I am very satisfied with their work in that area as well. Everyone I've dealt with from Arceneaux is professional, courteous and a pleasure to do business with. Also I have found that the fact that Arceneaux Pest Management is a local business makes them even easier for contacting and scheduling appointments than their competitors with distant call centers. I am happy to continue doing business with them and to recommend them to my friends.

Description of Work
Arceneaux provides us quarterly pest control and yearly termite inspection. The cost of service I've listed is for quarterly pest control.

04/01/2013

Travis D.

Joe from Arceneaux Pest Mgmt performed the initial termite inspection. I had seen a swarm of termites in the carport and I made an appt immediately. Joe, a board-certified entomologist, gave me full details about termites and indicated that he swarm may not necessarily mean that I have termites. After the inspection (no charge) on the main structure, he indicated that there were no signs of termite activity or damage. The termites I saw were probably looking to colonize somewhere nearby and are very prevalent in the spring weather. I appreciated the honest and straight-forward inspection and decided to do the initial treatment with annual inspection. Arceneaux had an Angie's list special of $695 for certain size homes, and was a good deal! The treatment took place the following week and Ray did the treatment. Super guy, very friendly and professional, and he was able to answer all questions I had just as Joe did. Although the home has been chemically treated, they provided additional information on how to defend my home against termites (flower-bedding, amount of soil against slab, etc). The company website also has plenty of educational documents that anyone can view at anytime in regards to pest management control. I found Arceneaux Pest Management to be very professional and knowledgeable in all areas of pest management, and their work is taken very seriously without shortcuts. I was told to call anytime I had additional questions and they would also do spot re-treatments if I accidentally disturb parts of the soil around the home without charge. I highly recommend this company to anyone who needs pest management services or has questions regarding insects/bugs/pest control. Remember, insurance companies do not insure against termite damage, and an annual termite inspection is considered cheap insurance for the protection they provide in the contract (~$150/yr).

Description of Work
Performed an initial termite inspection, followed by a complete treatment to be followed up with an annual inspection.

Category pest control

It was a pleasure doing business with you. Thank you for choosing my company!

03/20/2013

Alison P.

Timely, friendly, professional service

Description of Work
I have used Arceneaux Pest for both termite and general insect maintenance. They are extremely knowledgeable about pest control and highly professional. They are also friendly and a pleasure to do business with. They might not be the least expensive but they are the best!

Category pest control

Thank you for your kind words!

03/18/2013

Brett B.

Great work, very reliable. Carolyn is very helpful.

Description of Work
quarterly pest sprays

Category pest control

Many thanks for your business!

03/15/2013

john V.

just had it done, very good experience so far.

Description of Work
treatment for termites with trenching around house

Category pest control

Thank you. Don't forget to call us when you are ready for us to complete the treatment

03/07/2013

cheryl S.

Start to finish was perfect.I can't say one thing negative about this company.

Description of Work
Quartlerly Pest Control Service. This company is great to work with.They are very professional as they perform their pest control services. They are always on time and are very particular with details as they do their job. I've been using Arceneaux's for 3 years and am very satisfied with their service, pricing, and dependabilty. A+

Thank you so much !

02/22/2013

Allen A.

They did a good job. Everything worked out fine. I wish they would send a bill instead of requesting the payment the same day. We didn’t have any bug issues beforehand and we haven’t had any since the service. We use the service just as a precautionary measure.

Description of Work
They came out and did termite work on the outside of our home. They also did an inside inspection.

Category pest control

Many thanks for your business!

02/22/2013

James E.

Their service is good. The company started with the currents owners’ father. The father wrote regulations for the state and taught his son everything. We have been very happy with their service. We haven’t had insect problems since we moved in and switched to them. We did have one time where there were termites on the bottom of one post of our carport, but once they treated it we haven’t had any other problems. The people who treated the home before we hired Arceneaux Pest Management didn’t do their job properly. Before Arceneaux came in, they had found termites in one of the outer walls. The previous owner kept a hot tub out near that wall which was causing the small problem. Arceneaux does exceptional work.

Description of Work
They do treatments around my house. Every 7 years they’ll give a full total treatment then each year they come back and do partial treatments as necessary.

Category pest control

Thank you so much for your trust in my company!