Butcher Air Conditioning

Founded 1949 • With Angi since May 2010

101 Boyce St

Broussard, LA 70518

Butcher Air Conditioning has been keeping Southwest LA comfortable since 1949. Our professional technicians and installers are fully trained to serve your A/C & heating needs. 24/7 Service and Sales....

07/21/2019

Eric A.

The quote was higher than comparable company for the same equipment (Trane) Other companies seemed to offer better solutions to air flow problem and to bring the system into code.

Description of Work
Just a quote

11/02/2018

Francis B.

It went great, they are good and solve they problem quickly.

Description of Work
They help to defrost my AC that is freezing up.

09/04/2018

Fay S.

We narrowed it down to two companies. Finally We chose Butcher for their reputation. Everything was as they said. They were helpful and reliable.

Description of Work
Install new trans units

05/20/2018

Rickey L.

The Workman arrived as stated in phone call. The problem was complicated and more experience was needed Extra help arrived shortly and the repairs were made. I was impressed by the honesty and professionalism of both Gentlemen. They cleaned up any mess and charged a reasonable price The same price was quoted by another repairman without all the extras Needed.

Description of Work
Home air conditioning repair

08/01/2017

Daryl M.

I have an annual contract, the fee is included in the annual charge.

Description of Work
They checked the unit in April.

05/22/2017

Michael L.

very well; we're not sweating anymore

Description of Work
Repair a leaking in the coil and refilled it with freon; gave a quote to replace the ir entire system or parts of the system.

05/04/2017

Bonnie B.

Awesome! Showed up on time, professional service from the time they entered my home until they were done. They cleaned up after they were done and I had nothing to do but get on computer and set up my account. Personnel even sent me a YouTube video that shows how to program my thermostat. In the past my unit of ONLY 6 years had to be set during day to 75 and that side of house stayed warmer than I liked. BUT this new unit, we set it on 79 during day and it's very very comfortable and certain times as little chilly. More times went from 72 to 77-78 and rooms are just perfect. We quickly realizing that our electric bill will definitely be lower, we may end you changing the unit on the other side of the house. Highly recommend Butcher Air Conditioning.

Description of Work
Replaced main ac unit on one side is home.

05/01/2017

Robyn U.

Great. The fellow inspected promptly, was friendly and honest. Didn't try to get me to spend a lot of money, just told me my a/c was fine for its age, only needed the coils cleaned. Advised me my attic wasn't insulated (which I knew). Put insulation on an unwrapped condensate pipe for no charge. Very pleased. Sorry I don't remember the fellow's name, but I will definitely use them going forward.

Description of Work
I needed my a/c inspected in a house I am purchasing.

04/06/2017

Paulette S.

Could not be happier with this company. Called yesterday, salesman called back immediately, set an appt for this morning. Was given a bid $300 less for more work. Crew was here about an hour later, GREAT guys! They found a live snake and decided to spray all my walls for no extra charge. I've already recommended Butcher to my friends and family.

Description of Work
Foam insulation blown into upstairs walk in attics.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation

12/13/2016

Scott R.

Excellent service, very prompt. Not the cheapest, but very good work.

Description of Work
Fan motor replaced

08/20/2015

Adam B.

House wasn't cooling properly and had a damp odor. The tech attached gauges to outdoor unit. Went inside to turn on A/C and immediately noticed something was in the blower, but I could not hear anything. He went into the attic, removed cover and found a piece of paper that had gotten sucked into the blower. Removed paper and replaced cover. Went outside and cleaned the coils on the outdoor unit. He then showed me the gauges as they moved into the proper operating ranges. Freon level was normal. The primary problem was dirty coils in the outdoor unit which he showed me how to clean and how often. He also gave me tips and information about my specific unit.

Description of Work
Removed a piece of paper trapped in the blower motor and cleaned outdoor unit.

08/06/2015

Patrick F.

After Hours A.C. & Heating, LLC. replaced my heating unit in my attic with a heat pump. To do this they had to cut into my ceiling and make an adjustment so that the heat pump and the AC unit would fit. They did excellent work and replaced the heater and the AC unit in the attic and outside in one day. I could not continue with my submission without rating Butcher Air Conditioning, who I did not use. Butcher is an old reliable firm however I used After Hours A.C. and Heating, LLC because of the recommendation of a friend.

Description of Work
I did not use Butcher Air Conditioning. I used After Hours A.C. & Heat, LLC. They replaced my heater with a heat pump and replaced my AC. The owner is Kenneth Broussard and his number is (337) 962-8754. His prices and his work were excellent.

06/25/2015

cheryl L.

Why do air conditioners always seem to go out on Sundays and on Fathers Day, no less! When this happened - again - we phoned Butcher. We left a message for them and received a call back promptly. Within 3 hours of our call, the technician, Mr. Brandon, came. He was very professional, knew what he was doing and did the repair. We were not only relieved to get it fixed - the temp was 95 inside the house - but thrilled to find an air conditioning service that does a great job at a reasonable price! A+++++ all the way around for this great business!

Description of Work
Repaired the air conditioner on a Sunday when it went out.

09/06/2014

Una H.

They do a really a thorough check afterwards to make sure you are satisfied.

Description of Work
I have a maintenance contract to change the air filter, etc. quarterly.

08/12/2014

Debra S.

The experience was actually very easy. The technician called me within 15 minutes of my initial call. I told him what was going on, and he advised me to turn the unit off until he arrived. Within a couple of hours, he was here. He was very courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. He explained the problem in a way I could understand. It was fixable, but the cost was prohibitive and he explained what else could go wrong down the road. I wasn't surprised. The unit was 20 years old. He advised to purchase a new unit, which made sense to me considering the age of the unit, and the fact that freon is being phased out. He had the old unit working before he left. Within 15 minutes of his departure, I was contacted by a representative of the company to discuss a new unit. We made an appointment for today 8-12-2014. The representative called before the appointment time, and was even here a few minutes before. He was courteous, and assessed the situation thoroughly by looking at the old unit. He presented all options to me and did not pressure me to pick any particular unit. He explained all pros and cons. I was able to finance, and he was able to get me approved on the spot. Within 40 minutes we were done. They will be here tomorrow to install the new unit. I am well pleased with their service!

Description of Work
My A/C Unit went out on a Sunday. Within 15 minutes of my initial call, the technician called me and asked about my problem. He came out to fix my problem.

07/10/2014

Desiree F.

They were very knowledgeable. The guy came back on his off time which my husband and I were very impress with and at that time, we had an unusually cold winter. They came in, they explained everything to us. They showed my husband when they removed the parts and they said: "This is what we replaced." Before we replace it, he said: "Look, I wanna show you whats going on. This is what it's supposed to look like. This is what it looks like. I just want you to know that this is what it's gonna do." They are very conscientious about cost. They actually took some of their service charges off when we bought the system from them, like $400, which they really didn't have to do. We bought a brand new system with them and that was very, very nice. They gave us a big credit for it. They told all of our options; what's the cheapest and most expensive way to go. He could have tried to sell us just the most expensive things but he really didn't. He tells us what we need and what we don't need. Every one of those guys knew what they were doing and that was impressive to us.

Description of Work
We had to have a new heating and air condition system put in our home.

07/03/2014

Bridget P.

We have used them for probably 20 years. They are professional and clean up their mess. They all know what they are doing and they are available at night. They came once at 10:30pm and fixed the unit. They also give units on credit and they are very responsive. They explain exerything very well. They have a service plan so you can pay annually. They have very good warranty as well. It was a free service under warranty but they do not sell cheap units. It took a little longer for them to come.

Description of Work
They replaced the heating and air conditioner.

06/10/2014

Cheryl C.

I'm sorry I have not responded soon and I can't provide a lot of the details because this is a rental house that my daughter lives in and we provide her a credit card for repairs/improvements. Not sure of cost it was so long ago. She said they were professional, did their work in a timely manner and would use again.

Description of Work
Repaired A/C

06/02/2014

Alison R.

I’ve been using them for many years now. They are prompt in coming out and that’s important when it’s really hot. They don’t just overprice you for things. They don’t give you a bunch of recommendations that aren’t necessary. They will only fix what’s necessary. They don’t try to rip you off. Their pricing is competitive.

Description of Work
I use Butcher Air Conditioning for heating and A/C services. The last time I used them was to service my A/C unit.

09/19/2013

Garrett H.

The 4 ton A/C system in my house was not cooling the house properly and was running non-stop. After being completely dissatisfied with my home warranty company (old republic), I decided to call Butcher. They had a technician come out to look at the air handler and condensor. He suggested that the air handler be replaced. Next they sent Ryan Haydel to come look at the unit and estimate the cost. With the cost of a new 4 ton air handler, Ryan suggested that our two story house and my money would be better put towards a new 5 ton system. After some thought, I decided to go for it and we could not be happier with the decision. I called on a Friday, Ryan came by the house Monday, and had the new condenser and air handler installed on Tuesday. Then they came and blew insulation on Saturday! We had an issue with the temperature not reading correctly on the touch screen controller, they installed a remote sensor in the middle of the house with no additional charge! The system works perfectly now, cooling off our house without the unit running non-stop which should save us on our electricity bill. Although Butcher may be a littler pricier than other companies, you get exactly what you pay for; fast, professional service with no hassle. Ryan was very responsive, helping us understand the problem and suggesting several solutions. I will continue to use Butcher for all of our air condition needs.

Description of Work
Inspected home A/C, installed new A/C system, installed blown in insulation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home inspection, insulation

09/17/2013

Lauren H.

They weren't able to help me as I need a home inspected for possible mold.

Description of Work
I called to ask if they provide home inspections and the lady who answered said yes but when I asked if they inspect for mold I was told that was not one of the services that they provide.

Category home inspection

09/13/2013

Joelle B.

I called first thing in the morning, and asked for a technician to come check out my unit. They said they could send someone that day, but couldn't give me a time range... at all. Not morning, not afternoon, nothing. That kinda messed with me and I just hoped I'd be available when they were. They warned there was an automatic $89 charge just for coming. Seemed steep, but the temperature was rising, I signed up. When they did call I sped over to my house, and the technician was already there. He pointed out what he thought was the issue right away, and he was right. However, even though it took only a few minutes for diagnosis I had to pay $89, plus $100 for assessment costs. My technician, Eddie, was so great. He answered all my questions, and was super professional. Later that evening a Salesman did come to my house around 7pm to talk costs with me. I appreciated that he was flexible with his time... he already had meetings all afternoon and fit me in after all of those for the day. I was quoted $2500 for replacement. I ended up not replacing my unit with Butcher, and went with another company. However, I wanted to rate them because of the Service appointment.

Description of Work
Checked my Condenser to see why it wasn't working. Checked interior system as well.

08/21/2013

Charlotte M.

They are very good. It went very well. They were professional and on time. They followed up when we had problems. They came out here and took care of things. They followed up well.

Description of Work
Butcher Air Conditioning added another unit in the house.

08/16/2013

bobbijo V.

They did a good job. I was happy with their service although they did charge more than what they advertised online but it wasn't a lot more. It was only like $10 more than what they advertised initially..

Description of Work
We used the services of Butcher Air Conditioning. My air conditioner was leaking and they fixed it.

07/22/2013

Joan S.

Upon phoning Butcher Air Conditioning and leaving a voice message, I was contacted almost immediately by a company representative who gave me a firm bid on the work we needed to have done. Their price was considerably better than another bid we received, plus they were also able to do the installation on a Saturday, which was imperative for us. I would recommend Butcher Air Conditioning to anyone needing AC/Heating work done in the greater Lafayette area. We will call them when the time comes for service on our system.

Description of Work
Installed a complete new 13 Seer Trane AC and heating system. The installers also replaced all the existing duct work with new flexi-ducts and put in a new duct opening in one of the bathrooms.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Breaux Mechanical

We specialize in all aspects of the hvac industry. Services include. Equipment installs, service and repair and many more. All new installs are backed we breaux mechanicals “10 year warranty guarantee “

REED'S AIR CONDITIONING & ELEC

Family owned and operated since 1991, Reed’s Heating, Cooling and Electrical was founded to provide top-notch heating and cooling services. We have a professional, knowledgeable and fully trained staff, so you can trust that you’ll receive the best service and prices in the Acadiana area. We’re committed to getting the job done quickly – and correctly – 100% of the time. We have a 24-hour response time and offer same-day service so you know your comfort is always our top concern. That’s why we always say quality and customer service are never an extra cost. We carry innovative, high-end Lennox® products that will help your HVAC systems run more efficiently and more reliably than the competition. Pair high-technology products with our outstanding repair and maintenance service, and you’ve found a match made in HVAC heaven. Our friendly technicians make repair challenges look easy – so you’ll be able to get back to a relaxing and comfortable home in no time. Your whole-home comfort is our priority. Reed’s Heating, Cooling and Electrical is here to meet your heating and cooling service and product replacement needs. Give us a call at 337-233-5200 to schedule an appointment. http://www.lafayetteacservice.com

Macs Plumbing Repair

Macs Plumbing Repair Fix water leaks, faucet repair, drain cleaning, water heater installation tank and tankless Licensed and Insured with 9 years of plumbing experience throughout Louisiana Locally owned and operated

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    Louisiana
    Louisiana: Contractors
    12/16/2022
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check, Financing Available

Residential & commercial air conditioning & heating system installation, repair. HVAC inspections & preventive maintenance.

Refrigeration.