Jolly Plumbing

Founded 1979 • With Angi since November 2002

101 Beacon Drive Suite 100

Wilder, KY 41076

Jolly Plumbing was founded in 1979 by its President, Barry T. Jolly. Over the past 30 years, Jolly Plumbing has grown steadily to its present size of approximately 30 employees. Jolly takes pride when he says, "Jolly Plumbing has worked hard over the years to obtain and keep good, reliable

04/22/2020

Michael K.

Their pricing was out of line with the market. $850 if they supplied the American Standard toilet and installed it. If I supplied the toilet $358 for one hour of labor installing. The Northern Kentucky market averages $150.00 per hour. The toilet they quoted was an American Standard oblong bowl with no seat. I found the same product at Home Depot for $139. Wholesalers, with whom I am familiar, bill that same toilet between $64-$72 . So, they have a clever marketing slogan but their pricing is out of line. Word of mouth is a strong force in the service industry. I have little good to say about price gouging.

Description of Work
Price estimate to replace a standard two tank toilet in existing space.

Category plumbing, remodeling, water heater repair, drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

11/12/2018

Gregory B.

The work went smoothly and quickly. The plumber from Jolly's showed up on time. He was very courteous and installed the line quickly from our basement to our kitchen. We had taken the electric drop in range top out of our granite counter top and put in gas. We needed the gas line installed for the range top.

Description of Work
Gas line installed from basement to fist floor kitchen.

07/24/2018

jodi S.

Sewage coming up out of a hole in the curb indicated a "problem". Schneller came out - looked with a camera - and then installed a cleanout outside my house ($2800.). This did not fix the problem and they passed the job on to Jolly. It took awhile to get the estimate and schedule the work - but I was really pleased when it was done. The two people who dug and fixed the trap were great. The job was done in one day (still needs to be concreted) and it came in under the estimate.

Description of Work
Excavation and repair of a blocked sewer trap

Category excavators, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

07/24/2018

Shelly T.

It didn't, and that was the problem. We had an appointment scheduled for Friday with a 2 hour window. Jolly did not show within the window, so WE called THEM to check in. Were told that a job ran long, and they would be there within the next 2 hours. Nope. We called them again. They'll be there in the next 2 hour window. No-show again... We had prior commitments that we had to get to, so rescheduled for Monday. Were given another 2 hour window, 10-2. No show again, WE called THEM- AGAIN - and just canceled the whole thing. My husband stayed home from work on 2 days to meet them, and they did not have the professional courtesy to keep us informed at any point. I gave an overall "C" rating because we have had reliable service in the past from Jolly. What happened??

Description of Work
Appointment to repair leak in bathroom.

02/27/2018

David M.

This is an update from a previous review they called me and reduce the price on my drain cleaning to my satisfaction of $105 from $185 dollars that's why I'm putting the positive review I think that's a fair price for a simple auger drain cleaning.

Description of Work
Drain cleaning

09/28/2017

Danielle B.

Accurately quoted and was competitive to other quotes received. Work was conscientious and efficient. Happy with outcome.

Description of Work
Replaced 120 ft of water line from house to water meter. Required trench digging and filling.

Category excavators, plumbing

09/07/2017

Amy R.

All the work was done in two hours. It included repairing a very old faucet, replacing the wax gasket for a toilet, replacing a shut off valved, auguring out the outside drain, and getting hair and debris out of several drains. He cleaned up the areas he worked in very nicely. I was very pleased with both the company as a whole and the plumber.

Description of Work
I had several leaky faucets, slow drains, leaky waste water pipes and a stopped up outside drain. Nothing too difficult but a lot of little stuff. Ryan was able to set up an appointment within a day and I got an early morning appt! The plumber, Cody, showed up at 8:40 am and I went over all the issues with him. Some of the things I thought were problems, weren't! He explained everything to me and fixed it all! He even had to go and get a part and still was done quick.

05/15/2017

Logan W.

The service was fantastic. The tech was very friendly and courteous and walked me through exactly what he was doing before doing it to make sure we were on the same page. He was in and out in about 30 minutes. Best plumbing service I've ever used!

Description of Work
We bought a house and I noticed when changing out the pop-up sink drain that the nut on the trap was cracked. The way the house was plumbed, there wasn't enough space to cut off and install an entire new trap because of a lack of PVC pipe that was exposed. The new nut I purchased and put on had started to allow water out of the top of it after about ~4 weeks of use so I needed to have it replaced.

04/26/2017

Colleen K.

I have used them on a few occasions to clear a drain.

Description of Work
drain was clogged

Category drain cleaning

04/10/2017

Jay K.

Excellent --cleared clog another plumber could not. And cleaned up nicely

Description of Work
Pipe clog cleared

04/10/2017

Colleen F.

Other the being 30 to 45 minutes late, he was extremely courteous thorough and helpful, explained everything very well

Description of Work
Fixed washer couplers, checked down spout drains, got estimate to replace kitchen faucet

02/16/2017

Teresa M.

I sent a message to three different plumbers over the weekend, asking if someone could come and quote me a price for moving the gas line in my kitchen. I also said I needed it done ASAP since we are getting our house ready to list. Only one of the three companies replied (Jolly Plumbing), but perhaps not every plumbing company deals with gas lines. Ryan from Jolly Plumbing contacted me the next day and set up an appointment for someone to come out to quote the job. Eric came two days later to look at what needed to be done and quoted $250 to move the gas line. I'm sure I could have done it much cheaper myself, but I have never messed with gas lines and feel that this should be left to the experts, so that price seems reasonable to get it done right (plus there was no cost for the visit to quote the job). Daniel came two days after that to move the gas line, which took less than an hour. Ryan, Eric, and Daniel were all very polite and professional and we were pleased that we could get this done in just a few days, so now we can begin tiling the kitchen floor. We are very happy with this company and will hire again if needed.

Description of Work
I needed the gas line to my gas range moved over and back a few inches so the range would be flush with the wall.

11/10/2016

David A.

They repaired a leaking plastic coupling. The work took only a few hours.

Description of Work
A water pipe under the front yard was leaking.

Category excavators, plumbing

09/19/2016

Jody S.

Almost perfectly. The tech arrived on time and began to drain the old tank. I had assumed since I have a gas furnace and the water heater is right next to it that the water heater was also gas. It was not; it was electric. The technician apologized (even though it was my fault) and ran back to the warehouse to get the proper water heater. He was back within a half-hour and installed the new electric water heater. He also replaced the expansion tank.

Description of Work
Needed a new water heater. The old one had a slow leak.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

06/07/2016

Kimberly K.

Fast response. Came ready to give estimate and get to work. Left briefly to get supplies. Cleaned up mess. It's all good!

Description of Work
Installed new drains and plumbing pipes under kitchen sinks; fixed/replaced valves for two showers; fixed exterior leak at hose bib.

07/11/2014

VIRGINIA W.

The home was built in 1870, so during the cold weather the cast-iron pipes cracked and caused damage in the walls through the kitchen and into the basement and in a second area of the basement. I was trying to contain the damage of the kitchen, so they did have to take out one corner of the room. They worked with us to make sure to do as little damage to the home as possible to get this issue remedied. They got the damage cleaned up and replaced the pipes quickly. The person that they sent out was excellent and efficient. I was so nervous about the damage and asked a lot of quests and this gentleman was very respectful, took time to answer all of my questions and explain exactly what he was doing. We had had this company out for a routine check in the past and they were great, so when we called them with this larger issue, they were able to handle it. They are my go-to company and are on my speed dial for when we have any other issues.

Description of Work
Plumbing

07/01/2014

Laura B.

I would absolutely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They ran a gas line for my gas stove.

Category gas logs

06/26/2014

Thomas Y.

A team of three people showed up when promised and worked steadily to cmplete the job in approximately 5 hours. Our lawn was in good shape and they were very respectful and careful not to damage the lawn any more than necessary. I would not hestitate to use them again for any plumbing need. I had requested and received several other bids for this work. Additionally, a trusted plumbing professional had told me what to request and what I should expect in the way of pricing. Jolly Plumbing hit this dead on while other local companies were quote prices quite a bit higher. When all of the work was done and the crew & equipment gone, I felt like I had made a good choice and that I had gotten my money's worth - a rare feeling these days.

Description of Work
I had a backed up drain from my house to the street. Another plumbing company had cleaned the drain and ran a camera that located some tree roots where my drain entered the sewer. Jolly Plumbing verified the problem and location with their own camera system. They then dug up the problem area and found that a 90 degree bend in my drain line had slipped and allowed roots to enter. They cut this section out, replaced it with PVC and then encased the repaired section in concrete. They then covered everything back up.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain cleaning

06/24/2014

Patti B.

Plummer arrived on time and uses the auger to open the drain. After several attempts came to the conclusion that it was a grease problem and had to use chemicals to open. He put the drain pipe back correcting an error that the builders of our home made. He proceeded to clean up everything to its original condition.

Description of Work
Unclogged kitchen drain.

06/23/2014

Ajani E.

After a search for plumbers that service the Cincinnati area, my Mother decided she wanted to give Jolly Plumbing a try. She is older and disabled and was nervous about finding someone that she would be comfortable with and that would provide dependable service. She and I called the office on Friday, June 20th and spoke with Scott. She relayed that her primary issue was a leaking water heater (which probably took longer than necessary because we tend to be long-winded) and Scott gave her his feedback and set an appointment for her for the following business day. Scott was very courteous, patient and helpful. The service was completed today, Monday June 23rd, by Don. The expectation was that my Mother would need a new water heater because it had been leaking from the bottom for several months. But after Don's assessment, he determined it only needed repair which he completed. Instead of spending nearly $1000 for a new water heater, my Mom was happy to have only had to shell out $115 for the repair. In the little more than 1 hour that he was there, he provided my Mom an estimate on an existing plumbing issue in her bathroom and setup an appointment for her to address that issue next week. All in all, my Mom is thoroughly pleased with her experience with Jolly Plumbing. Both Scott and Don were very professional, knowledgeable and patient. And she says Don's estimate of the secondary issue was very thorough and she felt very comfortable with him. We're tremendously grateful for the experience.

Description of Work
Repaired a part on the hot water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

06/16/2014

Cynthia V.

Just bought a new home and wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any backup problems before storing material in the basement because I'd recently watched an episode of "Dirty Jobs" about sewer backups. Dan was respectfully pleasant and went above and beyond to make sure that it didn't have roots or any obstruction that might cause a problem. The piece of mind was well worth the cost.

Description of Work
Check sewer lines.

06/06/2014

Diane E.

I didn't end up using the deal because he recommended not performing the water flush, due to the age of the water heater. However, he did install new facets for my tub. He was very courteous and did a great job and it was reasonably.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $59 for a Comprehensive Plumbing Inspection and Water-Heater Flush. He installed new facets for a tub.

Category water heater repair

06/03/2014

Susan F.

Called at 7:30 when I noticed water on the floor around hot water heater. Got an immediate call back and they stated they would be out to us with a 40 gal gas hot water tank replacement (A.O. Smith) by 10:00 pm. Then received a call from the actual service person who said he would be a bit later, because he had just used the last 40 gal tank at his last scheduled appointment. I asked about how much more a 50 gal would be and he said the difference is $60, we said let's go with it. He showed up right when he said he would, was very professional and friendly. Showed genuine concern for following code to the letter as well as getting us situated as soon as he could with the new tank. Really liked the gentleman; he was thorough and done so quickly we couldn't believe he had the old one removed and new one in within 45 min of arriving and assessing the situation from the gas meter outside to completing the job. Found Jolly Plumbing on Angie's and will continue to trust the reviews I find...I'm amazed at the service we have received!

Description of Work
gas hot water heater replaced a 40 gal to a 50 gal.

05/18/2014

Forrest C.

Discovered an outside faucet has frozen and burst during the winter. Called Jolly on a sunday when I discovered the problem and they came to fix it the next day first thing in the morning. The plumber was very personable and professional. The faucet was a freezeless type that did freeze and burst the pipe, the plumber had a replacement faucet on his truck and quickly replaced the burst one.

Description of Work
Replaced an outside faucet.

05/15/2014

Mary H.

I called on a Friday and the man was here on Saturday morning. Very professional, clean, uniformed, courteous, friendly, and competent. Called when on his way and cleaned up after himself. I have used them before and I will use them again. And I would highly recommend them to anyone who cares to ask.

Description of Work
Removal of broken faucet in bathroom and replaced it with one I had purchased previously. Also replaced pipes leading to faucet.

Hedy Wolf - Transcription and Typing

Hi, I'm Hedy at hwolf3@verizon.net. I have been doing transcription for 21 years in various areas including legal, medical, entertainment, science and academic. I also do typing projects such as manuscripts, reports, data entry and Excel. You can contact me by phone or email at hwolf3@verizon.net. Website is https://www.wolftranscription.com/

ET Home Services

ET Home Services is owned and run by brothers, Ed and Tom Lane. We've proudly lived in Northern Kentucky our entire lives, and we collectively have over 40 years of experience in all types of masonry work. We guarantee the quality of our work, and we would be happy to accommodate all of your home service needs. We specialize in Chimney, Fireplace and tuckpointing houses. Whatever you may need, we will provide. We do work around the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region as well as southeastern Indiana.

Reupert Heating & Air Conditioning

Reupert Heating is a family owned and operated business serving the entire Tri-state for 65 years. Reupert Heating has a NATE certified service department, to ensure you get the best possible service and installation. Reupert offers both residential and commercial installation and service and Reupert Heating operates 24 hours a day to ensure to comfort and safety of your family. With their Four Seasons Guarantee Reupert Heating will install your new system and ensure its operation or refund your money!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Plumbing - residential & commercial. Water Heater Repair & Installation. Faucet, Toilet, Sink, Bathtub, Shower, Leaks. Sewer. Water. Gas Lines Backflow Testing & Leach Field. Sump Pump, Drain Cleaning. Pressure Jet Cleaning. Kitchen Sinks, Disposals. Cleaning - lavatories, bathtubs, toilets & septic tank