House Doctors

Founded 2007 • With Angi since July 2008

3.9

159 Woodland Drive

Somerset, KY 42501

House Doctors is the professional handyman service you can trust for all of your home improvements and repairs. We provide the highest level of professional workmanship, that's why all of our technicians are screened, licensed and insured. Our uniformed staff will show up on time and complete your projects to your satisfaction, providing you with the kind of reliability, quality and service you deserve. Our mission is to make home repair and improvements easier for you. We promise to treat your home like it's our own. You can trust House Doctors to take care of all of your home improvement needs. Our goal is for complete customer satisfaction on every job, that's why our labor is GUARANTEED for one full year. Give us a call today to help you transform your home into the one you've always desired!...

12/06/2018

Jerry B.

Told me they were replacing shingles. Charged me for same, but only trimmed and glued shingles. I was there and the guy they sent was there less than 45 minutes total.

Description of Work
Roof repair

11/07/2018

Vicky R.

He returned my call, told me he was in London Ky and it would be three weeks until he could get to me. He has not called again. He was scary sounding on the phone and rudely sarcastic. "Little lady".

Description of Work
Shower faucet not working

08/04/2017

Jerry B.

Overcharged. Was told they would be replacing shingles, which I would be supplying. Then i was charged a discounted $400 to trim and seal existing shingles. One guy was there for 45 minutes total. Was told I have 1 year warranty, warranty paperwork could not be supplied though. Quality to be determined. Feel mislead and overcharged.

Description of Work
Roof repair

08/02/2017

Shawn T.

House Doctors provided the most economical and aesthetically pleasing option for fixing my problem. Several hard rains since then and my basement is perfectly dry.

Description of Work
Needed basement doors sealed against rain/water leakage.

07/05/2017

Larry J.

Workmanship excellent, installed incorrect siding but due to rain forecast accepted what they brought.

Description of Work
Replacement windows and siding

Category handyman service, siding, replacement windows

06/23/2016

A G.

Description of Work
Excellent work, on time, clean, polite, cooperative.

04/27/2016

Lori Y.

Description of Work
Took down a 100 year old chimney & cleaned area

02/18/2016

Dan H.

Description of Work
Replaced lost shingles.

12/08/2015

Ron K.

Description of Work
Happy with the drywall repair and patching work, which took several days and was very labor intensive. Estimate reasonable. Clean up |could have been better.

09/26/2015

Susan H.

They finished the work in one day and did a very good job. Workers were very polite and efficient.

Description of Work
We had a bay window addition put on our house about 18 years ago and it needed new siding. They installed vinyl siding on it for us.

Category handyman service, siding, replacement windows

05/18/2015

Jeff M.

Did the work and the roof leaked, they would come out and patch but never fixed and eventually they said they could not fix it. The roof is in a bad state now because of the shabby workmanship. Said they could not do anymore for it. I was very disappointed as this took place for over a year after initial work...

Description of Work
Attempted to replace a roof over my back deck.

05/07/2015

Amanda P.

Description of Work
Replaced gutter on one side of my house and ended up having to replace the wood underneath.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, woodworking

01/28/2015

eric A.

Description of Work
They did not show up.

Category handyman service

As owner of this franchise I can say I have no knowledge of having spoken with [member name removed], or scheduling an appointment with him. While I handle over 99% of all phone calls, it is possible he could have spoken with one of my techs, who failed to pass the info to me. The month of January has been very hectic for me and my family, my wife has had 2 surgeries this month and I have been dealing with some health related issues myself. We would certainly like to make this right with [member name removed], I would just ask that he give us a call and speak with me.

01/13/2015

Charlie W.

The gentleman was prompt and very respectful to the lady of the house. Due to my work schedule my wife must handle many of the things that go on during the day time. The way someone, who wants our business, treats ladies is a huge part of the decision on who gets my money. House Doctor did a great job with this. Unfortunately due to some unforseen events we were not able to get the pprojects started but when we do they will get the call.

Description of Work
House Doctor came out and gave us an estimate on building two decks and putting a tin roof on a shed.

Category decks, handyman service

09/23/2014

Timothy D.

kind of slow to get the bill for the job, but did the job when he said he would, did an excellent job!

Description of Work
My Mom who lives out of State is disabled and had no way to arrange someone to fix her living room floor which was badly water damaged. I called the House Doctor. He answered the phone, made arrangements quickly and efficiently to do the work. He provided a quick estimate via email, performed the work in repairing the floor, even in another area that was also damaged we did not even know was a problem for no extra cost, put in new vinyl flooring did a TOP NOTCH JOB!!!! I am very pleased.

09/10/2014

Charlene S.

They did like they told us, well mannered, answered questions, etc. Did great job cleaning up! My husband and I would greatly recommend them for any job they can do!

Description of Work
They arrived 8:15 am - left 4 pm on the 1st day. Arrived 9:15 am - left 3:30 pm on the 2nd day. Only breaks were for lunch. They installed new commode and walk-in shower! They were on time; did excellent job in 2 days!

Category home remodeling

05/15/2014

jay F.

They were knowledgeable, prompt, brought enough manpower to get the job done, had their own tools, cleaned up, and charged a fair price. It has not rained hard enough yet to see whether there are any other problems, but so far very satisfactory work.

Description of Work
Made repairs to an asphalt shingle roof.

04/02/2014

Dawna W.

,Mr. Williams looked at the bathroom and stated that this job could be completed in three days for $2300.00. This was 4/15/2012.. The job wasn't "completed " until 5/31/12. The shower floor was cracked upon installation . The "cabinets" were left unfinished without doors or even finished shelves. Although we offered to pick up the materials in our truck, Mr. Williams insisted on getting them himself . We later found that he had "jacked up" the price almost 20%. We had continuing plumbing problems and were told by House Doctors' staff that there was no licensed plumber involved. I asked Mr. Williams about this and was told that the plumber was licensed. ( not true). House Doctors supposedly went $350.00 over budget . Eventually we had to hire another company to correct the problem. We will NOT use this company again.

Description of Work
We hired House Doctors to remodel a bathroom in one of our rental properties. This involved removing a bathtub and installing a prefabricated shower unit.

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

03/10/2014

Brian D.

Bart is a very professional handy man who knows how to delegate work to his staff. He contacted me within 2 hours after I sent an email through House Doctors and was onsite by the afternoon. He was very honest with me about the price and work expectations. In addition, he informed me he was fully ensured for any damages and if one of his guys got hurt on the job. Bart's team was awesome! His guys are respectful, easy going, and very knowledgeable about their trade. They surprised me at how fast they tore the old wall and ceiling down and put up everything new (about 3 days total). Plus, the guys were great with my youngest who insisted on helping out where and when he could. The price was a little higher then we had budgeted but considering how great the wall looks I'm not complaining. They started on Wednesday and were done by Friday with some minor cleanup the following Monday. I am definitely using House Doctors for all my future home repairs.

Description of Work
Replaced wall, ceiling, and doors as a result of old termite damage.

Category drywall, handyman service, doors

12/29/2013

Harold & Myra B.

Replaced part of floor joists and leveled that area. I did not go under the house to see how it looked. Some cracks developed in the walls and they repaired them. I expected these cracks. Too early to tell how good the repair is.

10/03/2013

Sheryl T.

The gentleman was very professional and very pleasant to talk to. He even called when he was going to be 10 minutes late. All work was done on time and we were very satisfied with the results.His final price was below the original estimate. We will definitely call on him again.

Description of Work
Installed storm door, repaired siding, installed drip lip for gutters, caulked between gutter and facia to stop leaks, brought in contractor to install additional gutters and downspouts.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, siding, woodworking, doors

05/17/2011

Yvonne F.

They came out to look at the job, but they were terrible. There were two guys; one was Mr. Meece, who was pretty nice. He at least talked, looked at the project and acted like he was actually going to come back. The other guy was Mr. Williams who I guess runs the business. He was wasting my time and was very nasty. I gave him an outline for everything and told him what needed to be done. Mr. Meece said that he would go home and figure it all out. He told me that he would find out what exactly needed to be done and said that he would get back with me the next day. He was supposed to get back to me to tell me how much it would be and when they could do it, but I never heard from them again. They never did call back as well. Mr. Meece was more personable. He really made me believe that he was going to do the job. He sounded very promising. He called everyday to tell me that he would be out the next day. He once called me and said that he feels sleepy when it rains. He gave me excuses on 4 different days. They responded by coming over the first time and that was the last time. So, I decided not to use their services.

Description of Work
I contacted House Doctors last month to give me an estimate. They were quoting on doing some work outside our little apartment and for all the finished work on it. It included vents that would run along the top, cabinet work, electrical work and setting the shower up as well. It was basically getting it all set up.

Category custom cabinets, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, roofing

12/01/2010

Jeff M.

Workers arrived and started by using the incorrect size of lumber(which I did not know till later that it was wrong size per code) work continued until job complete. After completion, I was having to call after every rain because the roof leaked badly. They would come out and cobble some fix and say it was fixed. I went thru this for about 2 years. Finally I was told by their job supervisor that the roof needed removed and replaced because they would never get the leaks fixed otherwise. Keep in mind I chose this company partly because of the claim of the work being insured and bonded. After the owner Bart Williams told us he would not properly fix the problem, I attempted to file a claim against their insurance. Turns out there inferior workmanship was not covered by their insurance, only if they damaged something else other than what they worked on was covered. As of this report they still have not corrected the issue. So be aware their statement of "Satisfaction Guaranteed First, our Customer Support contacts you to confirm the appointment. After completion of the work, Customer Support then calls to ensure that you are completely satisfied. Remember, with House Doctors, your satisfaction really is guaranteed" is a false statement. This quote was taken directly from their website. I also called the corporate office and they were also absolutely no help. They only referred us back to the franchise operator even though we explain the problem we had. I absolutely would never ever recommend this service to anyone.

Description of Work
Replace the roof over an existing deck. I had already removed the wind damaged previous roof.

07/22/2010

Tom B.

I didn’t have the work done by them. It seemed like they wanted to make a lot of money and that was the only complaint I had when they came out for an estimate. I wanted some specific service and they quoted for more work than what I had asked them to quote on. So it was a matter of not listening to what I wanted done. I wouldn’t use their services again based on the experience I had.

Description of Work
I received an estimate from House Doctors to install three pieces of sheetrock behind my bathtub about two months ago.

Category drywall, handyman service

07/27/2008

Venda K.

Came right away for the estimate. Decent price. After a few days, the repair was completed and looked good. Pleased with the work and timeliness.

Description of Work
Needed a few shingles put back on the roof after a storm.

RC Drywall & Painting

Your one stop shop for drywall finishing ,textured ceilings, and interior painting. We will make sure the job is done right at a fair price, and make sure you are happy give us a call at 423-871-8246

S&L Construction

I am an independent handyman, will come give free estimate. 1. Decks 2. Small concrete jobs 3. Gutter services 4. Yard tile for Gutters 5. Landscaping 6. Siding 7. Roofing services 8. Small plumbing jobs

Reed's Home Solutions

Reed's, Inc. provides healthy home solutions, such as sprayfoam and all other types of insulation, as well as basement and crawlspace waterproofing. Our solutions will make your home healthier, more comfortable, and more energy-efficient. We have been an owner-operated business for over 30 years. Reed's is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customer's interests and make their concerns the basis of our business. Please give us a call today!

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Vinyl, storm doors, shelving installation, carpentry, chimney caps, roof repairs, masonry, weather stripping, caulking, drywall repair, tile installation & repair, wall fixtures, crown molding, duct work, window repair, siding, painting, cabinets, countertops & doors.