Vision Home Inspections

Founded 2011 • With Angi since November 2012

324 Rams Run Rd

Shepherdsville, KY 40165

Vision Home Inspections, LLC is a full-service property inspection company....

08/31/2018

Kelly T.

They never inspected the range. When we move in we found out that the stove would trip the breaker after the preheat went off. If this had been found during the inspection we would have been able to get the previous owners to pay for it.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

01/08/2018

Jeffrey G.

We are very very pleased with our decision to hire Vision Home Inspections. They did a thorough and detailed inspection of the house we are looking to call home. They took the time to answer all of our questions and show us the problem areas. RecallChek and the other services that come with your inspection are a huge added value as well. Would definitely recommend!!

Description of Work
Home inspection on a house we have a contract on.

09/04/2017

Beverly F.

Very well. The inspector was very knowledgeable and willing to explain his findings. He was punctual and efficient.

Description of Work
Home inspection for home purchase

12/06/2016

David C.

When the first house they inspected didn't work out, (septic problem), they gave a discount on the next property they inspected for us.

Description of Work
Inspection of property for purchase.

11/13/2016

Melissa G.

Great! Highly recommend. Will be referring to friends in the future for sure.

Description of Work
I had a full home inspection with radon test and pest check.

10/07/2016

Deuce S.

Had a great experience with Vision Home Inspections earlier this week. I was impressed with the courteous and professional team that was on site at the home we are under contract to purchase. Vision offers many additional benefits such as warranty, post-closing inspection worksheet, etc. The inspection report itself was very thorough and contained links to outside sites for detailed information, or how-to for self repairs. The team was promptly onsite and delivered on their promise to provide the completed report the same day. Also, they made it easy to pay for the inspection online. I would strongly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Home inspection as a buyer.

10/01/2016

Melissa S.

When I called Vision Home Inspections, a nice lady answered. I called her three times within a few minutes (my husband called, had to go...forgot a question, had to call back, etc.). She was very patient, gave me information I didn't know to ask for & answered all my questions. She set up an appointment for Thursday (I called on Monday & was hoping to get it done this week) & gave us a military discount (ask about it). She thanked us for our service (a little extra niceness), sent the contract by email & made me feel better with her professionalism. John was early, very nice & patiently answered all of our questions while inspecting our home. He discussed things we had noticed already first, took his time going through everything & prepared a detailed report within a few hours. Our inspection was thorough and the report detailed with pictures. I requested a printed copy also & that will be mailed to me at no extra charge. A good inspection will either make you want to buy the house or cancel the contract, either way to your benefit. I would definitely recommend Vision Home Inspections. We opted for a termite & radon inspection also. The home inspection price is based on the year (1999) & size (3,400 sq ft) of your home. The termite & radon inspections were optional & contracted through other comanies. Termite $45.00 (done by Elizabethtown Exterminating) Radon $139.00 Vision gave us a 10% military discount & thanked us for our service

Description of Work
Home Inspection Our new home was inspected on 29-Sep-16 by John Bradshaw of Vision Home Inspections

09/17/2016

Marian H.

Provider was very experienced. He walked me through everything he checked. Water pressure, electric sources, hot water tank pressure and temperature. Everything that was required for the inspection he did.

Description of Work
The provider did an inspection on the home we were buying. He check everything inside and out.

08/29/2016

Penny W.

Vision Home Inspections were on time, very thorough and provided the feedback from inspection on the same day. He took pictures, explained the good and bad of each item that was inspected. He provided further reading and information as needed. I was able to call and discuss the items to verify I understood the report and findings. With James' expertise we were able to work through issues the home had with builder upfront instead of having a deteriorating issue. With the information James provided I was knowledgeable enough to discuss the home with builder where as a normal buyer I would not have been aware of issues or had understanding that was needed. I am very grateful for the services provided and expertise that James and Vision Home Inspections provide.

Description of Work
Vision Home Inspections, James McFadden inspected a new home and saved us lots of heart ache by providing excellent service and expertise.

08/11/2016

Nikki E.

Excellent work, professionally done. Everything was explained thoroughly and we never felt rushed.

Description of Work
Home inspection on property we are buying

08/01/2016

Cory P.

Pointed out everything to us regardless if he thought is was important or not. Kept us (the buyers) in the loop on everything. Very professional and left us with all the info and answers to our questions. He provided us with very detailed report only hours after the completion of the work. Very easy to read with no surprises. Would absolutely 100% recommend this company to anyone!

Description of Work
Vision home inspections conducted our home inspection last month

07/21/2016

Monica B.

They are absolutely the best company. They did both the home inspection and septic, the price was perfect, they were very professional and polite. The job they did was SPOT ON! Amazing watching them work and the benefits they include in the inspection is well worth it. I left them feeling stress free and well educated. Thank you Vision.

Description of Work
They did the complete home inspection and septic inspection

07/10/2016

Connie S.

In the inspection report, there were numerous small items which were recommended for repair, and a few larger problems which must be addressed. All were well documented and pictures were taken of each area needing repair or replacement. It is a very detailed and thorough report and was received within hours of the actual inspection. The inspector, James McFadden, was very professional and very experienced. He is friendly and easy to talk to and would answer any question I had. Will definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Very thorough, professional inspection. I was unable to be there, but my son was. The inspector did call me during and after the inspection with preliminary results and comments, then within three hours of the inspection, the written results were emailed to me, with numerous pictures and explanations. Very thorough and easy to understand. Would definitely use this company again, and would recommend to anyone needing this service.

06/15/2016

Tracy T.

James was very professional, helpful, and knowledgeable! He took his time to explain what he was doing and why

Description of Work
Home inspection

05/30/2016

Robin E.

My home inspection went wonderfully! I would recommend Vision Home Inspections to anyone needing a home inspection. The company offers professional service and goes above and beyond for your satisfaction!

Description of Work
James inspected every inch inside and outside of the property I was purchasing with great detail. I couldn't be happier with the level of service I received! James and his assistant both wore shoe coverings when entering the property which showed the care he takes in respecting my future home. There was furniture in one of the closets which prevented access to the attic space and James offered to return at a later date free of charge if needed to allay my concerns.

05/14/2016

D. F.

From the initial telephone call with Tammy, to the inspection by James & team, and detailed report including photos, I was put completely at ease by the knowledge, expertise and professionalism. This was by far the most thorough home inspection I have had with any prior property purchase. James went through the home inch by inch including cellar and crawl space. The detailed report was reassuring as the property has historic appeal, uncovered repairs expected for a house of this age, and uncovered some repairs and/or upgrades that I might not have discovered on my own. And, the detailed report gave me credible date to support asking the seller to make repairs or reduce the sales price. I highly recommend James and the Vision Home Inspections team!

Description of Work
Home inspection prior to purchase of property, mold (analysis my 3rd party) and termite inspection (performed by a 3rd party)

04/25/2016

Jordan B.

This was our second home inspection with Mr. James. He answered all of our questions. He pointed out all the safety hazards. The guys he had with him were awesome as well. He is very punctual. We arrived at the house and him his team were already their taking pictures. We got the report within a couple of hours. It was a very detail report. I was hire him again.

Description of Work
Him and his team went through the house inspected all the rooms and the garage. They got on the roof and walked around. Check gutter and pointed out all safety hazards.

04/11/2016

Andrew P.

The inspection was great and the results were recieved the same day! Everything was noted and had pictures of everything! Really good experience and very professional.

Description of Work
Very friendly and helpful in all aspects. Took time to answer all questions.

12/28/2015

Jenny L.

They were very proffesional and I was impressed with their attention to detail .

Description of Work
gave a very thoural home inspection and a detailed report of all findings.

10/11/2015

Roy T.

The inspection was very thorough and the provider was very courteous and took time to answer questions and offered advice.

Description of Work
Provider conducted a prelisting home inspection.

09/02/2015

Patricia V.

They were very polite and took time to answer our questions. We have had home inspections before but this was the best and most complete check over we have ever had. Would without a doubt recommend and use them again.

Description of Work
A complete home inspection inside and out.

03/24/2015

Kasey L.

The inspection was very thorough. James went over each item with us and took the time to explain everything in detail, using words a lay-person like myself could understand. I feel very confident about my inspection and I love the warranty!

Description of Work
complete pre-purchase home inspection

02/03/2015

Janice B.

Arrived on time...very professional especially when they put covers on their shoes to walk around indoors...very thorough and explained and suggested when necessary. Had a digital copy of my inspection report emailed to me within 2 hours!

Description of Work
Entire home inspection

10/18/2014

tina K.

The company was very courteous, prompt and professional

Description of Work
check roofing, checked skylights, checked for water leaks, check electrical, checked foundation, checked plumbing, checked yard and surrounding area, checked steps, checked railing, checked air leaks, checked insulation,

09/15/2013

Tonya S.

James was very prompt and professional. His inspection was thorough and he used a thermal camera. I would use him again in the future if the need arose.

Description of Work
Inspected and performed radon test on home we are purchasing in Louisville.