ACME Plumbing & Heating Inc

Founded 1967 • With Angi since April 2012

4.4

2007 Old Henderson Rd

Owensboro, KY 42301

ACME Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning is committed to providing the best HVAC and plumbing solutions for homes and businesses in the Owensboro Area. You can rely on us to quickly address your plumbing issues or provide you with a heating and air solution that fits your unique needs. Since

06/11/2020

Logan H.

Worst professional experience I've ever had. The job has still not been completed a month and a half later. First call was on 4/27. today is 6/11. There's currently a huge rut in my yard which they claim cannot be leveled. The fence they removed in order to dig has not been fixed, and they left a pile of gravel that has since seeped into my yard. AFTER I was billed, I've called them 5+ times with my concerns. Nothing has been completed at this time. I strongly urge anyone considering a plumber to not use Acme Plumbing. They suck.

Description of Work
Sewer pipe replacement

12/08/2015

diane W.

Description of Work
husband is disabled and we needed to have a shower installed being we have only one bathroom. We used their contractor for some repair to the floor which was a mistake. They started the job before thanksgiving and after several months we just got tired of the bull and said job done. 9 days without a toilet and over 2 weeks without a shower like I said before we have 1 bathroom and nothing was set in place right except for the toilet. They came back out to reset things twice and in the mean time their contractor was here several times.If it snows or rains the contractor wouldn't come and when he did he didn't want to work much more than a hour.after a couple of months they did send a crew out here to reset the shower surround since it was two pieces and the top and the bottom didn't match up. at that point we were told the person they sent wasn't even a plumber part of the time they sent a plumbers helper... When the tile on the floor was taken up they damaged the time in the linen closet and didn't say anything about it just placed broken pieces in the area like a jig saw puzzle and didn't even try to glue them down. the glue they used on the surround came in a tube like caulk and they even got the glue on our leather recliner in the living room.Where the glue oozed out between the top and bottom has turned yellow and so the shower always looks dirty.

10/01/2015

Marilyn S.

Description of Work
Great job removing & installing two new faucets.

09/29/2015

Dorothy G.

Description of Work
Fix a leak in the yard.

08/10/2015

James C.

Took all day to repair. Nice people . They by-pass leak in slap and ran new line up in attic and down to copper line. Great Job.

Description of Work
Repaired slap leak.

07/20/2015

KATHI M.

06/06/2014

Joseph S F.

Description of Work
The only drawback was the trip charge- $125.00+ pretty unreasonable for service in their advertised service area.

02/28/2014

Pat B.

Description of Work
Ran a water line to a ice maker.

11/23/2013

Carrie M.

Process was very smooth despite some issues the old fixtures gave the technician. He was very informative and honest.

Description of Work
Removed old toilet and sink and replaced with new toilet and sink.

07/18/2013

Nancy M.

They are always quick to respond and professional. We do comparisons with everybody but their service is good; they're not bargain but their work is very high quality and their service is excellent. To me in this field you get what you paid for, so I don't want to say "No, they're very high price for what you get," I think for what you get they're probably standard. They're a first class operation, I believe and it's probably average for that quality of service.

Description of Work
We used Acme Plumbing & Heating. We see somebody from their office probably about once a year but they put in a complete heating and air conditioning service for us just a few years ago. We live in an old house and when we redid it about 25 years ago, they put the equipment in and 2 or 3 years ago we had it replaced and so they did all that work. They probably came out to service something, my husband keeps up with that; they might service an air conditioner or maintenance probably.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

02/11/2013

Doris N.

Called about a leak under the house. They arrived within about 1 hour; diagnosed our problem and returned the next day to do the work. They were very professional and courteous. I would definitely use them again and I highly recommend them!!!

Description of Work
Very Professional!

02/06/2013

William R.

It's been working fine ever since and they showed up here on time.

Description of Work
Acme repaired our hot water heater.

Category water heater repair

12/28/2012

James E.

ACME was very responsive to my call for help. A serviceman was at our house and our furnace was working again within two hours of my call to ACME..

Description of Work
Replacement of gas valve

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

05/03/2012

Helen B.

I have used this company many times. I have been happy with them. I had a pedestal sink replaced recently. The plumber took it out and hauled it away for me. He gave me good advice on the size limitations for the new sink--(though of course I chose the style I wanted). He did an excellent job of installing the new sink and was able to use my old faucets (which were in excellent condition). It looks perfect and I am very happy with it.

Description of Work
I replaced a trouble prone pedestal sink with something much better.

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available, Check
    $100000

Residential and commercial air conditioning systems, furnaces, heat pump, natural gas, L.P. gas, electric, oil and coal furnaces, space heaters, boilers, humidifiers and air cleaner installation & repairing.