Kentucky Lake Remodeling

Founded 2008 • With Angi since August 2013

Bathrooms and kitchens are our specialty. Remodeling and decks are our passion. Quality and safety is our goal. We are fully insured and very trustworthy....

T & J's painting

Looking for someone to paint your home for you. Well you found us! Professional quality at reasonable prices! Over 20 years experience, we make your visions reality! Contact is today for your free quote!

Restoration painting

Specializing in painting! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Homecore LTD

We specialize in decks, patios, porches, concrete pouring, driveways, walkways, sideways, stone/brick work, masonry services, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

07/16/2020

Dave P.

Went well and they worked with us in making changes to the original plan once they started. Turned out above our expectations.

Description of Work
Outdoor screen room and shower

Category decks,picture framing,remodeling,home remodeling

08/12/2018

Alan B.

Scott and his five-person team are true professionals - knowledgeable, respectful, dependable and very nice people! They built our new 30'x30' screened-in porch as if it belonged to them with solid construction, and beautiful, significant attention to every detail. They also accomplished electrical and gas projects, stained the porch and replaced the roof on our house - incorporating it nicely into the porch roof. All on schedule and in just five weeks! We will only consider Kentucky Lake Remodeling for our home projects henceforth. We highly recommend you do the same.

Description of Work
Built 30'x30' Screened-in Porch, stained all wood, completed electrical and gas tasks and replaced house/installed porch roof.

Category decks,electrician,gas logs

04/05/2017

Chandra B.

It is a beautiful job! They were very careful not to track up any other part of the house. It took approximately 2 weeks to complete then they came back when the shower door came in and installed it.

Description of Work
I had my old shower removed and a new one built to my specifications. It is a corner shower that is tiled. They also tiled the backsplash of my garden tub, tiled the bathroom floor and added new exhaust fans.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

01/09/2017

marcia B.

Their employees did beautiful work but I have had to threaten to take them to small claims court. I actually filed the papers and spent the money to file the paperwork in order to be able to get money back from them that they required me to pay in advance for materials that weren't used. When we hired them, the guy that owns the place, Mr. Scott, first talked to my husband about the work. At first, we thought the door could be reset. There was some problems underneath the door. He looked at it again and said the door was rotted. They give a proposal of estimated cost of labor and materials. They sent us the proposal for the patio door. After he looked at it again and decided the door couldn't be reworked, it would have to be replaced. They were already doing other work for us. We had them remove all of our popcorn ceiling. After talking to some other people, we felt that we got overcharged. But they do good work. I kept asking them to give me a new proposal for replacing the patio door. We had went to the place where they chose for us to buy the patio door. Whenever they did the proposal for the downstairs door and upstairs door, they sent us the proposal for those two together. The cost for the materials that they required that we pay for on both doors, upfront, which was right at $1200. They did the work on the downstairs door and started work on popcorn ceiling. We picked out patio door and it was ordered. I kept asking for new proposal for replacing patio door because I knew everything was going to change. We didn't get the new proposal until right at time for them to finish popcorn ceiling. They worked good but they were slow. There was a lot of days when they didn't work all day long. When we got the proposal it was an outrageous amount. We told them we felt like we couldn't pay that much. We asked for a refund for the money we paid for those materials. I waited and waited and didn't get anything. When we first got the proposal we didn't decide that they weren't going to do it. The difference in the amount of the materials was for $227 less. She sent me that with no questions. But when we told them they weren't going to do the work, then I called and called her and nothing happened. No money. It took quite a while to get the first $227, about a month. I finally started getting mad. I started calling two or three times in one day. She would pick up the phone and set it back down. I knew that was what she was doing. She wouldn't even let me leave a message so I started calling from my cellphone. I left a message on her husband's phone. I told them If I had to take them to small claims court that would happen. I told them I'm not bluffing. That's what I did,. I went to the courthouse and filled out the papers. When I filed I found out that they send the paperwork by certified mail but the people aren't required to pick up certified mail. I had to pay 50 more dollars to have the sheriff serve the papers. Then she sent another check but still was not for the full amount. It lacked $112 for being enough. I wasn't going to give it up. I was still going to take them to court. It was just a few days ago they finally stuck a check in our mailbox during the Christmas holidays. It still lacked $61 being enough to cover everything. I'm including everything as far as the fess at the court house and sheriffs fee. Me and my husband decided to cancel it with it being that close. They finished up our work at the end of September so this started around the first of October and got the last check around the Christmas holidays. I would just like to know why they thought that they had the right not to give us our money back. I told them that I thought y'all were respectable people. We hired them thinking they were respectable businessmen. As far as their work, we've had several people to look at our ceilings and comment on how good a job they did. The estimate to put the door in was a little over $1600. The man who did put it in, did it for $480. I was very upset about it because I have never taken anyone to small claims court in my life. I wasn't looking forward to it. Even though the work was good, I would not recommend them to anyone. I don't consider them to be a reputable business because of what they did to us. They didn't clean up very well. It took forever for them to get back to us and in the end the way they responded to our requests, they never admitted they owed us the money. It took a long time to do the popcorn ceiling and we were confined to downstairs and only have a bedroom and bathroom downstairs. Our kitchen is upstairs so it was hard. I don't think it's very professional not to return a person's money when there is no doubt it's owed to them. It took three checks spaced out. The first check she sent, she wrote "paid in full". I told her I couldn't cash that check. She said that's okay. Just go ahead and cash it. I told her I'd rather not. I told her to wait and send me another check for the correct amount. It was forever, middle of November before she sent another one. She wrote paid in full on it and it wasn't for the full amount. She didn't send the other until after she had been served by the sheriff.

Description of Work
My husband and I hired them to do some work on a downstairs door going out onto our patio. We had patio doors, one stays shut and the other one opens, double doors, going out onto our deck from our dining room.

Category drywall,doors

05/10/2016

Nicole H.

I called twice to schedule a consultation and never received a call back from them.

Category home remodeling

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], I apologize for the confusion. After reading through my notes from our phone call, I had written down that I left you a message stating that we don't take jobs that far out. It was the Wednesday after your call. I'm sorry about the miscommunication. Sincerely, Kentucky Lake Remodeling

04/09/2016

Kaye D.

Work was professionally done and was done correctly. When plumbing issues were uncovered, they made sure they were resolved before proceeding with the project.

Description of Work
Demo of old shower unit. Rebuilt frame for new unit. Plumbing issues resolved by taking out several feet of old pipe and installing new Installed new shower unit and an exhaust fan Installed new electrical boxes Demo old sliding door and replaced with new privacy half wall Moved dryer and installed new electrical service and dryer vent.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Thank you! We are very happy that you are pleased with our work and hope that you will use us for any other remodeling plans. Sincerely, Kim KLR

08/26/2014

John L.

He was very nice spent a lot of time with us, but took a long time to get back with us and then his price was too high for us. I don't think his price was unreasonable but just too much at this time.

Description of Work
Just consulted with us.

02/03/2014

Stacie L.

Job was done well and had no problems at all. Will use again if we ever need to.

Description of Work
We have a metal lake house in Murray Ky, apparently someone ran into the house and bent the outside metal, but it also split the wall (drywall) in one of the rooms. These guys came in replaced the portion of the drywall, repainted it and replaced the metal. It looks fantastic. You would never know it happened.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for reviewing our company on Angie's List. Of course you may call us for any other projects you have that hopefully won't be because someone drove into your house again!

10/07/2013

john P.

EXELENT! very profecinal put up plastic where thay were thay were working and didnt have a bit of. dust or dirt

Description of Work
Moved walls and rebuild to make rooms larger

Category drywall,picture framing,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,mobile home remodeling

Thank you! We appreciate the feedback!

09/29/2013

kate K.

Our bathrooms are back to back. The master bath was smaller than the guest bath and we needed just the opposite. We called Scott to come and give us ideas and estimates. From the very beginning Scott exhibited the professionalism and knowledge that we were seeking in a contractor. We explained what we wanted and he took measurements and pictures. He came back with different designs and ideas to help us accomplish our goal. Scott never tried to push us into a decision, always gave us plenty of time to think about what we wanted, in fact, encouraged us to do so. We picked out vanities,vanity tops, marble for the showers, flooring, shower, faucet and light fixtures, paint colors, heated flooring etc. Scott ordered the materials and had them delivered. From the start to the finish, Scott and Johnny were very careful not to make more of a mess than the job would cause. Every morning they would lay down runners on the floors and when it came time to drywall, they hung plastic sheeting so as not to allow too much dust into the rest of the house. Every afternoon they would clean up, show us their progress, tell us what their plan was for the following day and ask if we had any questions. Always on time- if not, Scott would call and let us know why. Worked until they accomplished what they had planned for the day. Definitely not 9 to 5. One day when we ran into major plumbing issues in the basement, they stayed until 7 p.m. when they were satisfied that the problem was solved. They worked one bathroom at a time so we would have the other to use. In the end, both bathrooms were taken down to studs, plumbing and electrical wiring rerouted, a bedroom closet made smaller and a built-in bookcase removed from a living room wall. We gained a ton of space in the master bath, enough for a double vanity and a five foot shower. The guest bath was made smaller but actually looks larger because we made better use of the space. The Pergo in the living room and hall is gorgeous. Scott has a ton of samples and if you don't see what you like, you can find something you do like and he will order it. The floor needed some leveling and there were angles to work around but again, great job. We will be calling him back to install it in our bedroom. We would highly recommend Scott for your remodeling needs. You are welcome to come out and see the finished product.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of two bathrooms and Pergo flooring installed in living room and hall.

Category flooring contractor,home remodeling

Thank you so much for the great review! You're bathrooms came out so beautifully! We love showing it off in pictures on Facebook and on our website! That was a fun project because you are the nicest people...I wish I could write a grade review about you two on Angie's List! Donuts every morning, dogs coming to visit, etc...thanks again and call anytime whether you need something OR NOT!

Full bath remodels, kitchens, decks, additions, laminate flooring. We do everything ourselves and do not sub any work except for our roofs which are done by a qualified and fully insured company.

If its remodeling or building we do it! Call us or look at our website to find out if we can't. Kentuckylakeremodeling.com