The Floor Store Inc.

Founded 1979 • With Angi since June 2006

1231 S Shelby St

Louisville, KY 40203

The Floor Store, Inc. has been in business since 1979 and is more than just a flooring specialty store. We are experts trained in flooring sales and design and will help you find the perfect floor for the way you live....

08/19/2016

Jeanna P.

Description of Work
I contracted The Floor Store to install 3/4 inch real hardwood floors in Nov. 2015 that cost $4,406. The first installation was not up to industry standard. There were several large gaps and splinters coming up through the wood. The Floor Store sent out an additional contractor, their sales person and the owner and all agreed the labor was the problem and they agreed to re-lay the floor (or provide refund, but I wanted the floor done). I have in email from the general manager that I made valid points on the 1st floor issues and that they agreed it was not up to standard and would replace. The floor was replaced with a very similar floor in April 2016. At the time of installation, The Floor Store proceeded to call me for my approval before they had even finished and while I was at work and not on the premises. They told me they had to have a response then because they had to pay their installer. I told them that IF it looked like it did when I left it was good. Upon arriving at home, they still had not completed the floor, they did get it completed by the end of the next week and everything seemed ok. Several weeks later, the floor began to splinter again, I had no knowledge at the installation time when I approved it so they could pay their laborer that the same issues would occur again. I proceeded to call and speak with the owner directly about the same splinter issue and showed him pictures of a splinter that had just happened. He in a not polite way told me it was my house and there was nothing they could do, but did ask me to send pictures which I did. I have pictures of the text message between us at that time. No response. At that point I looked into hiring a lawyer and had that lawyer draft them a letter of my displeasure. I proceeded to get a new response in writing from their attorney that the reason my floor is splintering is because I picked the "rustic" look and that is "the very nature of the floor I picked". Had I known that by picking the "rustic" look that the floor would splinter and catch our clothes and skin I would have never bought it. The salesman never made us aware of this nor did the owner or general manager when we selected the 1st or 2nd floor. Or if it was my "house" I believe they should have been able to assess that before laying the 1st floor down and let me know there were issues. I asked if they had taken sub floor moisture readings before laying the first floor and my response was that it was done and ok, but they could not provide me any documents showing this nor did we see the first installer do anything of the sort. They provided a humidistat and the humidity levels in our house were normal per The Floor Store reading between 30-50% humidity. I had asked for a full refund in the amount of 4,406, but they have denied this request. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to continue with litigation. I also have several pictures of the old and new floor to show that the same exact issues are occurring, in addition to emails from The Floor Store noting in writing that the old floor should be replaced. I don't have the confidence in their store nor do I want them in my home again, for them to replace it again.

Category hardwood floor

07/17/2012

Vince or Donna T.

They did a good job.

Description of Work
I have used The Floor Store Inc. They put carpet in our whole house.

Category carpet installation

06/19/2006

WE'VE USED THEM FOR YEARS. THEY'RE VERY PROFESSIONAL, PUNCTUAL, AND THEY DO OUTSTANDING WORK. THEY DID THE CARPET FOR THE APARTMENTS I USED TO OWN. I WAS HAPPY WITH THE WORK THEY DID AT MY OLD APARTMENT COMPLEX I USED TO OWN. I'D DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THEM TO OTHERS.

Description of Work
THEY CARPETED MY BASEMENT.

Category carpet installation

Kentuckiana Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning LLC

Kentuckiana Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning was created by Jason Rigdon about 12 years ago. We are members of the BBB with an A+ rating. Every employee is a friend or relative of Jason's and has over 15 years experience. You'll feel comfortable having them in your home. We take pride in our people and hire only the best employees. Please call 502-935-2205 or call/text Jason’s cell at 502-891-2653

CK Flooring

We are a small family owned business. We have 10 years experience in flooring installation and we can take care of all your flooring needs, from wholesale pricing on quality products, to tear out and installation. We pride ourselves in quality work done efficiently. Our team is extremely knowledgeable on many different types of flooring, and will help you make the best decision for your next home flooring project. CK FLOORING-Turning houses into homes one at a time.

Offers by CK Flooring on Angi
    Rawlings Hardwood Flooring Co

Hardwood Flooring Sales, installation, and refinishing. In business since 1978.

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

We do not install other companys products.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about The Floor Store Inc.

How is The Floor Store Inc. overall rated?

The Floor Store Inc. is currently rated 4 overall out of 5.

What days are The Floor Store Inc. open?

The Floor Store Inc. is open:

What payment options does The Floor Store Inc. provide

The Floor Store Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Does The Floor Store Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, The Floor Store Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does The Floor Store Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, The Floor Store Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does The Floor Store Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, The Floor Store Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by The Floor Store Inc.?

Yes, The Floor Store Inc. offers warranties.

What services does The Floor Store Inc. offer?

The Floor Store Inc. offers the following services: If you walk on it we sell & install it! Installing of all floors, hard wood refinishing & repair, carpet & all ceramic.

Are there any services The Floor Store Inc. does not offer?

We do not install other companys products.