Lend A Hand Rental & Handyman Inc

Founded undefined

Lend A Hand Rental & Handyman Inc is a construction equipment rental business with Handyman services in Louisville, KY. We rent equipment for small contractors and at home do-it yourself jobs. We provide handyman services as well to the Louisville, KY and Southern Indiana area. No job is to small, and we will start a job in the beginning, middle or end....

A Service Provider's profile image

+53 more images

3.5

4.1

4.2

3.8

4.3

handyman (12)general contractors (8)drywall (5)interior painting (4)decks & porches (4)house painting (2)home remodeling (2)awnings (2)door installation (1)siding companies (1)screen repair (1)gutter repair (1)

02/23/2022

Jason I.

It went great.

Description of Work
multiple projects

Work Completed On 02/23/2022

10/28/2021

Eric B.

Lend A Hand was excellent to work with. The team was prompt, responsive, and great communicators.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding, trim, gutters, and interior wood repair on detached garage

Category awnings, gutter repair, remodeling, siding

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

02/27/2021

Kevin P.

Paint, move electrical outlets

Description of Work
No very spoke to an initial sales man and went over everything and wanted an itemized list( which we didn’t get) gave us an allowance on paint. Was susppose to get a discount if paying cash. Which we didn’t. I was told I needed to pay the deposit and the pay the rest once complete. Called immediately and I told them a time frame. Forman came out and wants aware of any of the notes. Had to go over everything. Decided on changing the colors of the rooms which required two more Coates and an additional 350.00. Completed it in two days leaving the house a mess with drywall dust and only applying one coat. There were numerous areas missed and one wall looked like something I did. Major lumps on the paint which come off when touched and still can see some of the old color through the current paint. Agreed to pay by credit card but they asked to be paid cash. I did meet them half way by giving cash on part of the payment. Was asked to pay be cash and said I had to front about 3rd more before work would be completed.Texted last week and they said they would fix it so it has been a week and still waiting. I gave them a C because I am hoping they will fix everything, very expensive and I was hoping for a quality job

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

10/12/2020

Jack P.

Excellent service! Would recommend and use again.

Description of Work
Handymen

Category decks, screen repair, house painters

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

10/12/2020

Elsa R.

I was satisfied with their work

Description of Work
Handymen

Category awnings, concrete repair, decks, handyman service

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

09/30/2020

Kent V.

Did a great job, timely and professional. Excellent work and design would recommend them to anyone wanting to do any type of deck work,

Description of Work
Built complete deck and free standing roof structure over deck

Category decks, handyman service

Work Completed On 03/06/2020

09/29/2020

Bruce D.

It went as planned and on schedule. Had two good carpenters finish an incompleted part of our house, turning it into a very nice workshop.

Description of Work
General Remodeling

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, remodeling

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

09/06/2020

Alison K.

Mr. Woodcox did estimate on August 18,2020 my property mgr. He didn’t want to deal with her; only home owner. Spoke with him on the phone said she was my sister and property mgr. and that she knew what I wanted done. I received the estimate the next day. He added painting my kitchen cabinets, I told him that they were not being done and I wasn’t paying $2,995. He made the adjustment and I paid the first installment of $3,337.66 On August 24th I met him at my property. He was showing 2 employees what was suppose to be done. Stayed the bathroom downstairs wasn’t included and claim the concrete by the steps wasn’t suppose to be done. Then he was upset because we had done the cabinets ourselves and wanted to know who and how we did it finally we moved on through the house. Got to Master-bathroom and told his employee that the shower was to be regrouped. I said no, it doesn’t need it that it needed clean. He got argumentive about the grout. I said the garage down stairs was the one. I did price that job. My property manager chimed in and said I told you what they wanted. So the bathroom that he said he would have to pull the tub and toilet and cabinet out; now only need 2 floor tile remove and repair the floor and cut the drywall out at the tub and replaced tile. So he introduce his employees and said one was doing the deck and flooring and one did the painting. And another one would do the flashing on the garage and he was going to rewrite contract. He asked how I like pressure washing job. Told him that under the deck was not cleaned nor the house that was under the deck. Had it done again. Sparkling and repairing started Monday - Friday 8-24,25,26,27,28-2020. On the 28th the 2 employees asked if they could work late to have the weekend off, sure I said. My property mgr stayed until 12:30 a.m. and they were still at it after she left. On Saturday morning came into the house being painted, well we though 99.9% of the walls had damage and runs as well as a bleed through. Several pictures later and reminding Mr. Woodcox that I stated I wanted Behr paint because it has a primer built into it. That I didn’t want Sherrington Williams. He said the house looks good, I told him not for $5,995.00 and not for 1 coat of paint. I said you and I had this discussing on the 25th when you came back out. Stated he thought that the trial patch looked good for one coat and didn’t think the bleed through was okay. One employee was painting the kitchen ceiling with no drop clothes and paint on my hardwood floor. No lights on during painting. So on Augst 31st no shows no calls nothing. Called the owner said one man the painter had a Doctor appointment and they would be out before the afternoon. At 1500 hour called again. I got a text saying busy back tomorrow. September 1, 2020, no show until after 11:00 a.m. called the owner and I ways upset. Jeff the owner said now wait a minute the one guy had flu like system and was being tested for COVID 19. Of course I’m. Rey upset. Said will know in 3 days, here we are 6 days later nothing. On the 2nd I was out picking up supplies. He called said we would be back in 90 minutes or longer, we’ll call me. Now my bathroom in the downstairs the door was shut and stuff piled in front of it so people would know not to go in, Got back door was open I went off on 2 employees that claim they didn’t go in there. These employees knew that bathroom had problem issue and the Plummer had been there working on it that morning and 3 days before that day, The toilet was setting for 24 hours to cure the sealant, but know Jeff they said went in there. On the 5th of September when went to use it, after it worked on Wednesday the 2nd, it flooded. The previous day I fired Lend A Hand Handy man. Jeff came in while my property mgr was showing the house yelling my name and wanting to know why we were mad and ripping painter tape off the walls that showed the damages of their half butt painting job. Then informed me he would put a 2nd coat on. The proceeded to ask how I like the deck. I said it would be great if something was 100% completed. I said why would you paint a bathroom that had not been gutted out yet. I asked what idiot it would tell his employee to do it. No comment from Jeff, except all he cared about was gettin a 5 STAR rating. Oh, the deck will be painted tomorrow (Friday 4th). Friday September I asked Idaho who was suppose to be finishing the deck and the one who painted the ceiling with out a drop cloth what was he doing. Picking up all the wood that had nails and screws in them that had been removed on 8-24-2020, and laid I my yard for 11 days oh and when he removed the steps in between the two decks, he didn’t tape them off for caution to other workers or my property mgr or people looking at the rental property. I asked you are painting the deck no. Why not the deck is wet due to the dew. It was 0830 he said I’m putting second coat of paint on the walls. NO, you are not. You are doing the deck, no the inside of house. NO, you are not. Okay I’ll work on smoothing out the concrete, . So I asked when are you pouring concrete. We’re not that’s what the gravel for. I said I could have bought 2 bags of rocks like I did for my backyard and lay it if I wanted gravel. Oh, it’s better this way. I walked away. Left came back 2 hours later to all the painters tape removed a walls ripped and spackled walls half butt sanding a Idaho brush painting my walls. Contacted Heff who stated “What you want me too do, I’m home sick” and hung up. Idaho said Jeff told him to do this. I fired Idaho and text Jeff Woodcox. This whole deal was $10;012.98 that I paid 1/3rd already that now I will be suing. Do not recommend.

Description of Work
2 bathroom repaired. One had water and tile damage. The 2nd one needed backflash remove. Deck repaired and painted. Front porch repaired. House painted and spackled, front door screen repaired. Flashing on garage repaired. Concrete replace by strips and porch. Garage interior painted.

Category decks, drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Cost $1,001.98

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

Unfortunately all the work was done and Mr. and Mrs. [Member Name Removed] don't pay there bills. As i've told them we will pray for them and pray that companies that cant afford thousands of dollars worth of work not being paid for can "avoid Mr. and Mrs. [Member Name Removed]"

08/05/2020

Carla W.

It went very well. It was a challenging job due to exposed stone work on one wall and fluted antique wood paneling on other walls.

Description of Work
a drywall ceiling and vinyl flooring installed in a "breeze-way" and laundry area.

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

05/18/2020

marilyn S.

they did excellant work in record time. i am very, very happy....

Description of Work
crown molding in two large rooms.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

03/15/2020

Linda S.

It took a bit of time for them to get the job together, but eventually it was done adequately. The job was performed in August of 2019, and it cost me $425. Now, 7 months later, my masonry work is coming apart and cracking in spots again. For $425 I would expect the job to last longer! I called last week and talked to J R ? and he said they would get back to me. So far NADA. If this wasn't their area of expertise they should have said so and I would have hired someone whose it was.

Description of Work
Masonry work on mailbox

Category handyman service, masonry

Work Completed On 04/15/2019

Review for Lend A Hand Rental & Handyman Inc - 7111 Preston Hwy, Louisville, KY - 38445918

02/11/2020

Matthew M.

Outstanding customer service! Expectations were exceeded!

Description of Work
TV Mounted

Work Completed On 02/11/2020

02/04/2020

Orlando F S.

Being done this day

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 02/04/2020

01/07/2020

Myron B.

Great, I highly recommend Lendahandhandyman!

Description of Work
Remodel Basement, Painting, Bathroom

Category contractors, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, remodeling, equipment rentals, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/30/2019

01/02/2020

Carla E.

The floors they done were done good . but they took the paint job also not a professional look.

Description of Work
--------'-

Work Completed On 01/02/2020

11/08/2019

Terry G.

Excellent Service! I definitely will use them again.

Description of Work
Door repair

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 11/02/2019

11/06/2019

Barbara T.

Was told to have mirror cut down but if they had measured the counter top I w not have to. Cost $25 and mirror looks terrible where placed.

Description of Work
N/A

Category contractors, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

11/06/2019

RITA M.

The work of the Handyman was great.

Description of Work
N/A

Category contractors, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

bill T.

Workmanship was shoddy. They damaged the door they were installing. They damaged the handrail on the steps. The door still doesn’t close right.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 10/31/2019

ed P.

good job, and I was happy with the work performance.

Description of Work
N/A

Category contractors, handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

elizabeth H.

Top to bottom the worst handyman experience of my life. Simple tv hang turned into property damage and a 1 hour job took 4. It was bad. They didn’t measure or plan, just kept drilling holes (14 holes for 4 bolts) and winging it. Laughed off my concerns. Scratched my floors. I told them up front I’m a renter and to be very careful-they promised they would and then...yeah. Don’t hire these guys.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 10/31/2019

Don S.

Did a excellent job

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 09/19/2019