KORFHAGE FLOOR COVERING INC

Founded 1935 • With Angi since June 2006

2209 S PRESTON ST

Louisville, KY 40217

Korfhage Floor Covering makes shopping for flooring easy! We bring quality samples right to your home in order for you to choose colors, styles and textures with no guess work! ....

03/30/2022

DAVID T.

Doug responded quickly to my home and helped choose the best for what I was doing. Installers were very professional and even cleaned up after work was completed.Would definitely recommend Korphage flooring to anyone. 1-502-643-6111. And that’s his cell phone. Thanks Doug. Fantastic job and price

Description of Work
New flooring in Kitchen-Carpet installed in 2 rooms

02/08/2020

Linda S.

Shopped several flooring companies and Korfhage gave me the best price and timeline for installation. Worked with me on a couple of requests I made after the initial estimate and installers arrived on time and completed the job in less time that was anticipated. Enjoyed working with Korfhage and the instrallers, Gary and Justin, were professional and a pleasure to work with. Will be going back later this year for carpet in rest of the house.

Description of Work
Purchase and Installation of Vinyl Plank Flooring

10/19/2019

Gary P.

I had high expectations and Doug and his team of pros exceeded them all. Prompt visit by the owner Doug, quick delivery of the special order Coretec HD flooring, and three of the most skilled craftsmen did an outstanding and beautifully detailed job!

Description of Work
Install Waterproof Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring

09/07/2019

Raymond D.

Fantastic. The Korfhage Company did everything they said they would do and more.

Description of Work
Replace carpet

Category carpet installation

08/13/2019

Marian L.

Two of the board members went to the Korfhage showroom to look at carpet samples. We knew we needed commercial grade carpeting that would last for many years. We were happy with their selection as well as the helpfulness of the staff. We were allowed to take samples back to the condo with us and have other members of the board vote on color and pattern. The area was measured, we were given a quote, made a downpayment and the work was scheduled. The old carpet was torn our and the new carpet laid. The workers were efficient and completed the work as promised. As you may see in the photos, these stairs are fairly narrow and working around the slats on the handrails made the work extra complicated. The stairs look great and we couldn't be happier with the results. -- I plan to use Korfhage Floor Covering when I update the floors in my individual condo (hopefully within the year).

Description of Work
My condo association hired Korfhage to replace the carpet on our back stairs (2 1/2 floors in 4 separate buildings)

Category carpet installation

03/21/2019

Jeanne P.

Everything was perfect. The three workmen were cheerful, professional, and hard working. Doug and his wife and staff kept us informed at all times. We are definitely going to call them about our next project, carpeting our upstairs.

Description of Work
We had engineered hardwood floors installed in kitchen, family room and foyer.

Category hardwood floor

11/21/2018

Lee P.

We are very pleased with the new flooring that Korfhage Flooring installed in our condo. The installers were on time, very professional and did a great job. I would recommend Korfhage Flooring for any of your flooring needs.

Description of Work
New flooring installed

11/16/2018

Angela B.

Best experience ever! Everyone was great to work with, from the office staff, to Patrick who helped us pick out a floor, to the very efficient installers. Patrick was more than patient and very accommodating in helping us pick out a floor. He just kept bringing out more samples to the house until we finally found the right one for us. Everything happened within a short period of time. There weren't any complications along the way. The installers were great too. They did a wonderful job and always cleaned up after each day. Very professional. We couldn't be more pleased. We love our new floors!

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of new flooring.

07/08/2018

Chandra R.

I was only in town for 4 days to renovate a family home going on the market. Doug Korfhage (owner) came out to measure and was personally available anytime I called. His team delivered materials one day and five installers did the work the next. We are talking about 3 bedrooms, a nursery/office, a large TV room, 2 sets of stairs and a large basement. They were efficient, professional and a joy to work with. I had called several other carpet services previously and either they couldn't do the work in a timely manner or the price was exorbitant. Korfhage was a life saver.

Description of Work
Needed flooring for an entire house

06/25/2018

Sharon L.

Doug offered ideas and listened to what I wanted., The guys that did the work were on time, left no mess and worked the entire time they were there.

Description of Work
new flooring in kitchen

05/23/2018

Candace S.

Excellent. Quality, timeliness, professionalism were right on the mark. I will recommend and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Carpet and tile

05/04/2018

Sue S.

Things went great, vinyl was installed in kitchen on a Friday. Several appliances had to be moved and they did it with ease. Floor and molding were installed. Then on Monday, 2 gentlemen showed up and installed the carpet. Moving the furniture around was not a problem for them.

Description of Work
Installed vinyl plank in kitchen and carpet in living room and bedroom

11/06/2017

Linda M.

It went very well. I am pleased with the install and the final look.

Description of Work
Kitchen flooring

10/15/2017

Robert W.

Exceeded my expectations!!! I had the carpet removed from my dining room, hall way and greatroom and replaced with hardwood. In addition i had new ceramic tile insralled in the guest bath and replaced the carpet in the guest room. The installers Matt and Mike did an incredible job. It was a large job which took 4 days. The installers were on time each day and respectful of my home. Their attention to detail was spot on. I am EXTREMLEY pleased with the quality of their work along with their pricing. The installers exceeded my expectations and i would highly recomend Korfhage Flooring!!

Description of Work
Installation of harwood floors, ceramic tile and carpet.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

06/15/2017

Mary S.

The carpet was good. The service was okay. I had the basement recarpeted. They tore the old out and put it down again. They left some edges out that they had to come back and fix. I don't have a basis for comparison for price. I haven't bought carpet in a long time. We went out to the showroom and picked out carpet. Then the salesman came here, so there was no question of responsiveness. When we signed the contract they told us when they would be here and the guys were here on time. I would encourage you to check the job closely to check that they dotted the i's and crossed the t's. If we had seen those places where the rug wasn't tacked down like it should have been we could have caught it right away, but we didn't so we had to call them back out. It is just the little things.

Description of Work
I had carpets installed.

06/07/2017

don N.

Doug came out on Monday June 5th & went over the price & details>good professionalism & no high pressure! he said he would send the installer out on Tuesday June 6th . Daniel show up at 8;00 am it did take all day but Daniel did a good job & gave us ideas on how to take care of the hardwood floor. Outstanding service & professionalism!!

Description of Work
put hardwood floors in living area & hall

04/12/2017

Jason L.

Excellent service. Patrick did a fantastic job explaining options, providing recommendations and helping to ensure we found the right product. The installers were punctual, professional, and extremely nice guys. They always left the work area clean and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with the results.

Description of Work
Laid new hardwood on entire first floor.

12/27/2016

Gregory R.

Everything went excellent. Shannon had a estimate to us within the time he stated. The estimate included all prices, labor, taxes and their profit. We had to rescheduled the install a couple of times due to construction delays. Korfhage was very accommodating. Korfhage has to reschedule once due to a job taking longer than expected but they contacted be 2 days before the install was scheduled which I appreciated. The two men that came to install the flooring were very polite and friendly. They worked quickly and cleaned up everything after they were finished. We are VERY satisfied with the flooring and the service that we received. We will be replacing other flooring very soon and will be using Korfhage again.

Description of Work
We were finishing our basement and chose Korfhage Flooring. We thought that we wanted carpet but after talking to Shannon at our home we decided on a covering the looks like wood but is waterproof.

12/05/2016

Stephanie S.

See above for a complete description of my experience with Korfhage

Description of Work
Shannon came to my house to show me flooring options and helped me make my decision, I'm so glad I listened to him!!! My new kitchen floor looks amazing!!! Gary and Justin did a beautiful job and were so very pleasant to have in my house all day!! Very respectful and great conversation!! I can't wait to have Korfhage come back and help me make a decision on other rooms in my house!! I love my new kitchen floor!! Thank you!!

12/05/2016

Lavonda P.

It was done in two full days. Installers were polite and respectful.

Description of Work
Put hardwood floors in my kitchen and foyer.

08/24/2016

Kevin B.

Installation seemed to go well but as the floor settled screw heads started to push up through the floor where they had built up the sub floor. Although I was told that the installation came with a life time (transferable) warranty, it has been like pulling teeth to get Doug to fix any of the issues in the floor. We have just sold the house and the new owner apparently has noticed more screw heads pushing up and Doug is telling the new owner that the warranty is not transferable because I used a separate contractor, when in fact I used Doug's guys and paid them directly based on his recommendation as they would get paid faster and make a little more money. Flooring is good but the integrity of the company is lacking. **** UPDATE **** After speaking with Doug he has agreed to work with the new home owners. I am happy that Doug understands where my frustration stems from and he is willing to do what he can to make things right!

Description of Work
Installation of Luxury Vinyl flooring through out 80% of our first floor.

Category flooring contractor

We take pride in helping our customers. This was a unique situation where it was the new homeowner bringing up an issue. Normally the warranty is not transferable. However, it could've been a special case where the customer had asked for it to be. We do not have any record of that though. In any case, we want our customers to be happy, so we are working with the new homeowner to get the repairs taken care of.

08/19/2015

James W.

Patrick consulted us on what to buy ,the color,and durability. He gave us the estimate that night. We said yes. Patrick said the installation would take place week in a half and we would be informed what day and approximate time.We didn't hear from Patrick for a while. The lady from Korfhage called and said it would be Tuesday around 9:00AM it would take place. We waited to about 2:00PM before we called Patrick to see if it would be installed that day. I didn't get an answer,But the installers finally came an hour and a half latter. They moved the furniture and did their job, which was done well.It didn't take them long to do it They advised us on the care of the carpet.Latter we got informed it would be a week to install the front porch outdoor carpet. The installers came a week in the morning and was done about 11-12:00PM. My Wife and I went out to look at the job and saw the carpet was buckling at several places.There also was some minor touch up dealing with the carpet the way it was cut. I called Patrick about the situation and did return my call.He got one of the installers(Chris) to come out that day. We showed Chris(Who was very sympathetic and courteous) the problems in which he worked hard and complied with our wishes.A couple more times more Chris came and finally resolved the problem.I commend Chris for his hard professional work and his kindness. The only problem we had is some notification of time when installing would take place. All in all, we're satisfied of the outcome.

Description of Work
Korfhage removed and installed carpet in our bedroom. They also did the same to our front porch.

06/17/2015

Tara O.

Service was outstanding, all the people were great to work with. Everyone who came to work in the house was very respectful, and knowledgeable. We will definitely be using them again in the near future. I couldn't be happier with our flooring.

Description of Work
Lay Tile down in our Kitchen, hallway and bathroom. Put carpet in both daughters rooms, and repair flood damage to drywall behind refrigerator, and ceiling in basement.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

06/06/2015

Mary S.

We set tentative date I visited showroom in late March. They have a large stock of carpeting in many price ranges. I picked out some examples and set up appointment with salesman to come to my house 4/6/15. Salesman arrived promptly and was knowledgeable about products. I signed contract and paid for the job at that time. Since I was having additional work done in basement I was in no hurry for installation. We set tentative date for middle of May. Installation took place June 4. Installers arrived on time and completed the work in a reasonable period. They did an excellent job and cleaned up after themselves. I am happy with the product and would not hesitate to call upon KMorfhage in the future

Description of Work
provided and installed new carpet in basement

05/25/2015

Orville M.

The job took two days to complete. The first day the floor was prepped and the tile installed. The second day grouting was applied and new quarter round and other trim installed. The installation went perfectly. Korfhage did an excellent job and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed vinyl tile flooring in the kitchen.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor