HOME DEPOT

Category ceramic tile

07/28/2015

Tom R.

ok

Description of Work
Sold me merchandise

05/13/2014

Paul and Linda F.

The workers were drinking while installing the carpet and spilled something on the carpet. However, they replaced the part of it. Furthermore, they left the bottle of soda they drank.

Description of Work
I have used Home Depot. They installed carpeting for me.

05/12/2014

Matthew V.

Very good price and knowledgeable associate, very friendly.

Description of Work
Advised on blinds and cut them to the length needed.

09/24/2013

Jennifer C.

went well until the doors were mis-match they had to reorder a few the installers were ok they still have not came back to repair them there were a few over sights in the design but it still looks good just wish they would finish :/

Description of Work
installed and designed our Kitchen

Category custom cabinets, countertops

04/08/2013

Jim J.

I was at Home Depot about two months ago. I went to Home Depot and bought my John Deere. They made sure everything was taken care of on it and it run properly and I was pleased with hit. They did really good. I had real good experience with them and the quality is real good, and the service is excellent. They delivered my tractor.

Description of Work
I went to Home Depot and bought my John Deere. They made sure everything was taken care of on it and it run properly. They did a furnace for me.

Category appliance repair, water heater repair

04/01/2013

Patrick S.

They have been wonderful. When I made the purchase, I wanted to do it online because there was no shipping, it came directly to my house, and they were very nice. I was very surprised because it is a big chain and I have had experience in the past with big chains where they kind of dismiss you, especially if you are a woman and if you are not technologically savvy. These people did not do that at all, they were very helpful, and it was a woman and a young man team, they helped and they were good at their word, if they say it is going to be here on such and such date, it would be here. I even went back and ordered some more, and they were as good as their word. When it was here, the UPS guy waited to see if it was what I had ordered, and they were, they were good and I was very pleased. When I went back in the second time, I didn't get the same people, that is why I figured out it wasn't a fluke, because the second fellows that took care of it were equally nice as the ones before. Shipping was free, so I saved a lot there. It is a natural fiber area rug so if in case it had to catch fire; there is very little chance of one having asphyxiation from that as opposed to the synthetic ones. I have a dog that is between a medium and large, and when she comes in all wet, I don't have any trouble in keeping the rugs clean and there is no scratch guard or anything on it. We have had it through Christmas, thorough slushy weather, dog's feet, and we have been just really pleased with it. They were marvelous. I called just to verify that I did have the right information on one of the colors, I also wanted to add a smaller rug to my order, and they were no trouble at all. The person I spoke with understood what I wanted and was very helpful. They guarantee the delivery on a certain date and they do everything to get it here that day. I trusted them on that and they did it.

Description of Work
I ordered some area rugs with Home Depot, online. I had three orders with them. The whole downstairs was hardwood, so I had ordered four big-sized area rugs and then several smaller ones.

09/25/2012

Patrice B.

heir pricing was really good, but I decided to go with another company because of the granite.

Description of Work
I got a bid from them for some granite countertops.

04/03/2012

patricia B.

If I ask for assistance, I can get it. The store is fine, but there is not much choice, there are a couple of small hardware stores, but they don't have the spread of merchandise that these stores have, and they have to have higher prices, because they are small. So, if I want nails or a hammer, I go to Lowe's or Home Depot.

Description of Work
I go to the Home Depot for my hardware and home improvement needs.

Category home improvement stores

07/23/2011

William A.

We had an outstandingly horrible experience with the kitchen remodel. We purchased our kitchen from them in 2007 and it is still not finished. We have had full installation, product, and craft made issues. We have had literally year after year of promises not kept by them. Our biggest problem with this is that we paid cash and we have no report. We keep pushing them to get the work done and the last time they were in our house was Easter and we still don't have the installer back out to put parts. Our total out of pocket to them has been about $40,000. We would warn anyone working with them to first understand that if they purchase anything over $500 at Home Depot are immediately required to enter into arbitration in their corporate offices. They will have no right to sue them or for any recourse. The other problem that we have is that there is no one really responsible throughout the entire supply chain. They will point to the craftsman and the craftsman will point to the installer, but he is technically not an employee of Home Depot. It is a merry-go-round to try to find somebody who will actually grab hold of the problem and fix it. We would rather not use them again.

Description of Work
We used Home Depot for a kitchen remodel and we purchased it in 2007.

Category home remodeling

12/27/2010

Kathleen B.

I decided to not use them. I don't know the quality but I didn't like that the person I spoke to didn't give a correct timeframe for the call. I was in the store on a Sunday night and got a call on Friday. The guy that measures said he just got my number on Thursday. So he did call within 24 hours of getting my name, but I was not told it would be 3-4 days before he would get that information. Just didn't feel right. They did refund the cost they charge for measuring the room with no problem.

Description of Work
I am considering redoing my kitchen. I was told the person who would measure would call me in 24-48 hours. I got a call 4 days later. I was told that I wasn't counting the days the way they did. I decided that if they couldn't give accurate information on when the person measuring the room would contact me, then the more important timelines could be incorrect too.

09/14/2010

JOHN A.

Sales person was very helpful in selection of unit and ensuring that measurments were correct. We had an issue with the installation contractors performance but issue was resolved by Home depot quickly and we were completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Special ordered front door and side lites and installed.

Category carpet installation, doors

09/09/2010

Tanya W.

We just looked at what they had in their store and found some things that we liked. As a result we decided to go with them.

Description of Work
We used Home Depot to purchase and install new countertops, a new sink and faucets in our kitchen.

07/07/2010

Herbert W R.

We felt that the price that we paid them was good. The person who we worked with was Stephanie March. She was very nice and helpful. We talked to her about other things too. I asked her for some advice since my friend wanted to buy some handicap equipment. I asked as to what they had at the store and they have Home Depots in California too. I have recommended her to a friend of mine who is redoing her bathroom. There is a woman in another Home Depot store in Breckenridge lane and she really didn’t know what she was doing. However, Stephanie knew what she was talking about. She said that she loves when people go and tell her exactly what they want. We were pleased with everything.

Description of Work
We ordered countertops through Home Depot about four years ago and they delivered as well as installed it for us.

03/20/2010

john C.

I would not recommend Home Depot for any installation service. I do not believe you can trust their pricing.

Description of Work
The installation contractor was great. However, the price quoted by home depot was a low ball price. Half of the work necessary to complete the installation was extra. We paid $30 for the contractor to come to our house to look at the condition prior to ordering the door. There were no extras listed when we purchased the door. Then when the installer arrive the extras started. They took down the storm door to install the door. But it is extra to reinstall the door. They could not make the knob work, so we had to purchase another handle for extra costs, the did not take the old door with them, that was extra. I had to pay someone else to haul the door away. The remove the door bell and did not reinstall it, disconnected the door alarm and did not reconnect. The door is a good product, the contractor was a good craftsman. The pricing and explanation by Home Depot was a rip off at best. Purchasing products from Home Depot may be OK, but I will never hire them to perform work for me again.

Category carpet installation, doors

02/19/2009

DANNY & LINDA S.

We are very pleased with our new countertops, sink and faucet. Bryan Riffe at Home Depot helped us choose our countertops and an appropriate sink and faucet to go with them. He gave us an estimate that came out $500 below an estimate we got from the Westport Road Home Depot for the same job. We bought our sink and faucet at Home Depot and took it home with us. A few days after we signed the contract with Home Depot, Cardinal Kitchens sent someone out to build a wooden template of our countertop, to be used in cutting the granite to fit. A few days later, Cardinal Kitchens called to set up an appointment for us to choose "our" slabs of granite. We told them ahead of time what we were looking for (uba tuba granite with a lot of gold in it), and the two slabs they had picked out for us to look at were perfect. A little over a week after that, Cardinal Kitchens called again to set up an appointment for installing the sink and countertops. They gave us Frank Cox's name, and we called him to set up an appointment for him to install the faucet the day after the countertops were installed (the glue needs at least 24 hours to set). We removed the old sink and countertops on a Monday, the day before our installation appointment, but an unfortunately timed ice storm Monday night kept the installers from coming on Tuesday. They were courteous and apologetic about it, and set up an appointment to come on Thursday. Frank Cox, the plumber, was also flexible about changing his appointment to Friday. Two installers from Cardinal Kitchens came as promised on Thursday, and installed our countertops in about 3 hours. They were pleasant and courteous, the installation went well, and they cleaned up after themselves. We were very pleased with the job they did, but we did notice that the smallest section of countertop had some machining lines on it. The installers noted our dissatisfaction with that piece of countertop, and a couple of days later, Cardinal Kitchens called up and said they would remake that piece and reinstall it ASAP. They did, and it is perfect now. The sink installation is a story in itself! When the plumber, Frank Cox, first came on the Friday after our countertops were installed, he was only at our house for a few minutes before he received a call that his house was on fire. He dashed out suddenly, leaving some tools behind, but he called the next day and arranged to come out and finish the job right away, even though it was a Saturday and he doesn't usually work on Saturday. We appreciated that a lot, especially since he had fire damage to deal with at his own house. He did a great job of installing our new faucet, and we are very happy with it. Our kitchen looks beautiful!

Description of Work
We had granite countertops, a granite sink, and a pull-down faucet installed in our kitchen. We removed the old sink, faucet and countertops ourselves. Cardinal Kitchens was the subcontractor who installed the sink and countertops. Frank Cox of Cox Interiors was the subcontractor who installed the faucet.

10/09/2006

RUSS S.

The doors came in on time and one man picked them up on installation day and brought them to the house. There was one double patio door and three entrance doors. The Patio Door was to much for one man to handle by himself. The job overall was good but there were issues with the store. The screen for the patio door wasn't in at time of installation and we were told everything was there. They tried to slip in the wrong screen but couldn't get away with it because it didn't fit at all. It must have taken 10 calls to the store, and a girl who is in charge of the ordering who could of cared less to get it straight. Finally had to talk to the manager. Don't get me wrong, the job was done OK, but not perfect. For the money we got what we paid for.

Description of Work
Four doors replaced.

Category home improvement stores

06/29/2006

THEY DID A GOOD JOB. I WENT TO THE STORE PICKED OUT THE CARPET THEY CAME OUT AND INSTALLED IT WHEN THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO. THEY WERE FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT. AND THEY VACUUMED WHEN THEY WERE DONE.

Description of Work
CARPET INSTALLATION IN TWO ROOMS.

06/23/2006

TOM M.

EVERYBODY WAS REALLY HELPFUL AND PROFESSIONAL. THE ONLY PROBLEM THAT WE'VE NOTICED SINCE WE HAD THE FLOORING DONE, WAS THAT WE'VE HAD A LOT OF FRIENDS WHO HAVE HAD THE SAME KIND OF FLOORING INSTALLED. WE COULD HAVE PAID A LOT LESS GOING ELSEWHERE. THE QUALITY WAS VERY GOOD.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED PERGO FLOORING IN THE BEDROOM.

Category flooring contractor

06/23/2006

THEY WERE EXCELLENT AND VERY PROFESSIONAL. THEY GOT THE WORK DONE RIGHT AWAY. THE WORK WAS EXCELLENT WHEN THEY FINISHED. THEY WERE VERY PROMPT AND VERY QUICK. THEY HAD TO TAKE TWO DOORS DOWN AND PUT TWO DOORS UP. THEY DID IT IN ABOUT FOUR HOURS.

Description of Work
THEY REPLACED TWO GARAGE DOORS THAT HAVE PLEXI-GLASS WINDOWS.

Category garage doors

06/19/2006

IT WAS VERY NICE. THE PEOPLE WERE NICE. THEY DID A REALLY GOOD JOB. THEY ACTED NICE. IT WAS A GOOD DEAL. THE CARPET WAS PUT IN THE LIVING ROOM. I LIKE THE CARPET.

Description of Work
THEY TOOK THE OLD CARPET UP AND PUT NEW CARPET AND PADDING DOWN IN THE HALL AND LIVING ROOM.

06/19/2006

THEY DID A GOOD JOB. THE CARPET WAS IN WHEN THEY SAID IT WOULD BE. I THINK WE PICKED IT UP, SO THEY DIDN'T DELIVER OR ANYTHING. I DON'T REMEMBER HOW MUCH IT WAS PER YARD, BUT IT WAS ON SALE FOR A ONE MONTH SPECIAL OR SOMETHING.

Description of Work
JUST THE PURCHASE OF FAMILY ROOM CARPET. I TOLD THEM WHAT I WANTED AND THEY SHOWED ME WHAT WAS ON SALE. THEY LET YOU TAKE SAMPLES HOME.

06/19/2006

THEY'RE VERY GOOD. THEY HELPED TO SELECT THE RIGHT DECKING MATERIALS FOR OUR DECK. THEY HELPED TO MEASURE TO SEE HOW MUCH MATERIALS WE WOULD NEED AND THEY ALSO GOT SOMEBODY TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER FOR US. IT WAS A PERFECT EXPERIENCE AND ALL WE HAD TO DO WAS BUY THE MATERIAL. THEY DELIVERED IT AND EVERYTHING.

Description of Work
A MAINTENANCE-FREE DECK FROM HOME DEPOT WAS INSTALLED. HE HAD THE WHOLE THING DONE IN ABOUT A WEEK. THE DECK WAS PURCHASED SEPARATELY, BUT HE HELPED TO ORDER THE DECK, TOO.

Category decks

06/19/2006

THERE WERE SOME MISTAKES ALONG THE WAY AND IT TOOK A WHILE TO TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY ON THE ERRORS. THEY MADE SOME MISTAKES ON THE MEASUREMENTS AND I HAD TO MAKE THE EXTRA PAYMENTS FOR THEIR MISTAKES. THEY DID RE-ORDER THE RIGHT CABINETS, BUT THERE WAS STILL SOME EXTRA COSTS THAT I HAD TO PAY.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED ALL NEW CABINETS FOR THE KITCHEN.

Category custom cabinets

06/12/2006

WE LIKED THE GUY THAT DID THE WORK. HE HAD DONE SOME WORK FOR US IN THE PAST, HE WAS PUNCTUAL AND FRIENDLY. WE DIDN'T KNOW THAT IT WAS GOING TO THE SAME GUY, IT WAS JUST RANDOM. HE CLEANED UP, THERE WAS NOTHING BETTER HE COULD HAVE DONE.

Description of Work
HARDWOOD FLOORING WAS PUT IN THE FLOOR OF THE DINING ROOM, KITCHEN LIVING ROOM, AND BEDROOMS.

Category hardwood floor