Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc.

Founded 1950 • With Angi since January 2008

PO Box 43547

Louisville, KY 40253

Additional e-mail - info@frankotte.com....

11/08/2016

LINDA L.

They worked so hard for us and did a fantastic job. Everything looks amazing! I could have never done it all by myself. I am so happy that I hired them. I will hire them each year to trim and maintain our landscape. I worked with Brad as our landscape expert. He is very knowledgeable and extremely easy to work with. He has an eye and great suggestions!

Description of Work
We had all of our landscaping trimmed and mulched. We had trees removed and trees planted. We had our entire lawn aerated and our front lawn power seeded. We had beautiful natural stones placed around our waterfall and landscaped areas. We also had rocks placed under our wooden decks to prevent mud and weeds. It was such a good idea!

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping

10/02/2014

Jenn M.

I have used the company many times before. The pricing is a little higher but the quality of service is well worth it. They are extremely knowledgeable and great at explaining everything that needs done. They do a very thorough job. They have also planted 10 trees and did some major landscaping for the front of the house. Their entire crew does excellent work and take a lot of pride in their work. Scheduling a job is very easy.

Description of Work
I hired the company for drainage on the yard and to install a retaining wall.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, tree service, hardscaping

Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to work with you. We look forward to servicing your future landscape needs.

05/31/2014

Timothy M.

Description of Work
Purchased plants, trees and annuals

Category landscaping, greenhouses

04/01/2014

Erin B.

Andy was very friendly and seemingly helpful. He worked with me and sent me the planned designs. I got a lot of what I wanted in designs, but found some items that were just forgotten and even after bringing them up again, they just got left out (like a quote for some edging work that just never happened) . The workers were friendly and did the job efficiently, but there wasn't much in the way of care instructions or follow-up. I did have a plant just die and they replaced it. A lot of the plants weren't the size I was expecting and I had to pay attention and bet the bill reduced when sizes switched. Not a horrible experience, but I expected a bit more.

Description of Work
Provided input and design plan for full bed planting redo. Tore out old plants and planted new plants and mulched.

02/11/2014

Shannon W.

08/23/2013

ELAINE A.

I have to have another meeting scheduled with them. The man that I talked to was extremely knowledgeable on landscaping plants. He was very good and he knew what he was talking about. His responsiveness was also very good.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group less than six months ago for landscaping.

07/20/2013

Walter S.

outstanding!

Description of Work
planted lots of new bushes, etc.

08/04/2012

Mark E.

I would recommend them for any landscaping needs 100%. I would think that any professional landscaping company would have a working knowledge of how to make a garden or yard dog or cat friendly, but they seemed to be operating on "street knowledge". That's my only complaint. I can't be the only person out there that has those concerns for their pets. They were professional and fixed the issues I asked them to, and I would recommend them again.

Description of Work
Asked Frank Otte Nursery to redesign the landscaping in my backyard with the main goal to make it dog safe, I.e. no toxic plants or flowers. Unfortunately, they did not do their homework in selecting non-toxic plants. I ended up contacting the ASPCA poison control center and paid them to research all the plants they had planted, and found out about 1/2 were toxic, some mildly some severely. In the end it all got worked out (some plants had to be transplanted to the front yard). I was disappointed they didn't spend the time to research like I did. However, they didn't complain, and finished the job and i was pleased with the work.

07/07/2012

Katie M.

Great service/professionalism from the start. We got in touch with Kyle during the busy season and he was able to come out and give an estimate within just a day or two. I was MOST impressed with his punctuality upon meeting us and quoting the job. Within the week he arrived with a small crew and began the work. A small job, I know, but they were in and out in just a couple hours. They even found the hose on the other side of the house to clean up the walkway and water the lawn that wad been repaired - if I hadn't seen them myself, Id never had known they were even there! We were extremely happy with the work done and thought it was very reasonably priced - being that it would have taken us a lot longer and probably would have cost us a broken back or two! I can't say enough about how pleased we are to have found this company. We will definitely look to them if we ever need anything lawn related in the future.

Description of Work
It was a small job, just re-routing our drain spouts underground away from the house/driveway a few feet to prevent further erosion of the walkway and driveway. They had to dig under our sidewalk/walkway as well as get through some solid concrete to get the job done.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

01/26/2012

George F.

They had the best design for landscaping. Looks great and happy about the work. Very professional.

Description of Work
Put in bushes and trees around the front and back of the house.

11/03/2011

Scott D.

The job went great. They were professional, timely, and had high quality work.

Description of Work
They provided the plants for our landscaping.

Category hardscaping

09/27/2011

Michael & Donna L.

We still deal with them regularly. They were very dependable. When they said they would be there, they came. They completed the job. We had a couple of plants that died and they replaced them with no problem. If I were to recommend them to friends and family I would say that they are reliable. Their prices are a little high.

Description of Work
Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group came out two or three years ago and did some landscaping.

09/08/2011

Patricia L W.

They were very professional and everything was fine. If necessary, I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group to provide an estimate for a landscaping job.

08/11/2011

ELIZABETH T.

We had very steep concrete steps going up to the front door and that was removed. We had a very steep sloping front yard and we had it terraced with concrete walls. There was a tremendous amount of work to do and they landscaped it for us. They put many new shrubs and trees for us. I liked them and they were very personable to work with however they tended to be a little slow to respond to some of my concerns. We loved the finished project and it was beautiful. Their price was pretty high compared to other people. I would recommend them to people.

Description of Work
I used the service of Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group late last year to have our whole front yard landscaped and that included a lot of concrete work as well.

06/30/2011

WALTER S.

Excellent

Description of Work
Replaced some plants, added new plants, weeding, mulching. They used all natural bark mulch.

04/28/2011

Elisa R.

Overall, the designer was very friendly just felt the estimate was too high!

Description of Work
They came out and talked to me about the backyard and suggested several options that could work based on a design they recommend. I felt the cost of the design to accomplish would I wanted was to excessive.

09/20/2010

Laura E.

The initial design process went very well. Scott showed up for the appointment on time, was very professional, understood our ideas/goals, and put together a design and estimate within 30 mins. The work went as scheduled and was actually done 1 day early. However the workers did spread the mulch intended for the new areas over all the mulched areas in our yard. This looked ok initally. However there are now several bare spots in our new landscaping, not the 4 inches that would last for 2-3 seasons, as promised. We also had to have the ornamental grasses replaced with in the first 2 months. We had 3 total. They were planted in their dormant state (looked dead, but were expected to grow.) Two did not grow and the other managed to grow 1 blade. We called an requested they be replaced by our 1 year warranty and were promised someone would be out to look at them and replace them in the next 2 weeks. No one showed up. We called again and were promised they would be replaced in 1 week. On the last day of that week the 2 dead grasses were replaced. However, they were replaced with a different type of grass than the 1 grass that was barely growing. So we had to contact them again to make all 3 match. After a very direct email, they were out the next day to fix the 3rd grass. One of the transplanted trees is not doing so well, but it did come from a location that was difficult to get all the roots and it has been a very dry summer. The landscaping looks good now and we are happy with the design. However, we chose Frank Otte based on their initial professionalism and thinking that we would get what we paid for. In the end, we do have what we wanted, but it was challenging to get them to come back to fix the plants that needed replaced and we will have to add a lot more mulch next year.

Description of Work
We had one of their landscape architects come out and design a plan for our yard to increase privacy. The landscaping included the addition of 2 new islands of plants, transplanting some of our existing trees/shrubs to those islands, and planting ornamental grasses.

06/03/2010

Tanya W.

They were very professional and responsive. We would have used them, but we decided just not to use they work. There price was a little high.

Description of Work
They came out to give an estimate.

06/03/2010

Lauren P.

We're still getting quotes from other companies, but they were very good.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate on some general landscaping around the home.

10/12/2008

Jim D.

Jeff came out to estimate the flower beds started by my late wife. He said $5500 and we set a date. They didn't bring enough material. They went out abd bought more at their cost. Never once did they try to pass the cost on to me. I am very happy with them and would use them again.

Description of Work
build two 125' x 10' flower beds

09/18/2008

Jim D.

Would I use them again? Oh hell yes!

Description of Work
Landscaped two flower beds my (deceased) wife started. I'm no gardener but she had put in too much work to let it go to hell in a handbasket. So, I got these guys. Fantastic!

08/25/2008

Bruce H.

It went great, it was a 2 day job, absolutely no surprises, and the end result was beautiful. They were explicit in telling us how to care for the plants and how much to water them. On a side note, during the installation they accidental cut an invisible fence wire in the backyard, and immediately came to tell me about it. I have had other companies do things like this in the past and have not been as honest and forthcoming. This was a great experience from start to finish.

Description of Work
Had gotten several quotes on landscape work, wanted to use trees and shrubs instead of an 8' privacy fence. Others were very uncreative and wanted to plant a straight line of trees, OK but boring, and they did not provide any sort of drawing or plan. Jeff Skelton came out several times, and ultimately presented us with a landscape drawing/plan with contours, day-lily, and mulch. The creative drawing is what sold the deal, not to mention Jeff's follow through in getting it done.

01/08/2008

Jeanne T.

Great. Obviously not cheap, but they charged us less than the estimate in the end. The were very professional, the work was superb and the trees are of great quality.

Description of Work
We had a stone walk put in and about 13 large trees also required clean up and since we didn't know where our automatic sprinkler system was they had to search for that.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, tree service

Yoel Construction

Family owned and operated company with 6 years of experience. We can help homeowners with any type of concrete project. No job is too big or too small for us! We take pride in working hard and making sure our customers are always happy!

Offers by Yoel Construction on Angi
    CUSTOM LAWN CARE

Here at Custom Lawn Care, we specialize in landscape design and install, hardscapes (paver patios, retaining walls, natural sidewalks, etc) and LED lighting. We do full maintenance for residential and commercial, which includes mowing, fertilization, mulching, and pruning. Our work is guaranteed and we strive for customer satisfaction.

Offers by CUSTOM LAWN CARE on Angi
    Gaines Landscaping

We specialize in all phases of landscaping, hardscaping, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! We also accept Venmo and AngiPay, in addition to cash, checks, and credit/ debit cards. Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard

N/A

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc.

How is Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. overall rated?

Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. open?

Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. provide

Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard

Does Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. offer free estimates?

No, Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc.?

Yes, Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. offer?

Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. offers the following services: Residential & commercial landscape design & installation, landscape maintenance, trimming, mulching, edging, water features- ponds, pools, waterfalls, hardscapes - decks, patios, arbors, fences, walkways, driveways, irrigation & landscape lighting.

Are there any services Frank Otte Landscape & Design Group, Inc. does not offer?

N/A