Cunningham Door & Window

Founded 1940 • With Angi since June 2006

2133 Frankfort Ave

Louisville, KY 40206

Additional contact name - Kevin Cunningham. Additional email - info@cunninghamdoor.com. . Additional DBA - Cunningham Overhead Door Service Inc....

03/07/2018

Brad K.

Cunningham did a great job with our door installations. Both doors had to be custom because of the non-standard sizes in our older home and we chose Provia doors, and Cunningham's pricing was the best of several estimates we got. The installation crew cleaned up completely and made sure everything was put back where it was supposed to be. Dave was very easy to work with on door options, colors, etc. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced one exterior entry door and one storm door

Category doors

10/14/2017

Frances H.

Perfectly. They were prompt, professional and we love our new doors!

Description of Work
I needed a new front door and storm door.

10/14/2017

Frances H.

The work was completed and the worker was very professional.

Description of Work
Garage door needed to be repaired.

Category garage doors

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for using Cunningham and for posting a review. We appreciate it. Chris Cunningham

10/04/2017

Jeff S.

Within 3 hours of 1st call all works was complete!

Description of Work
Garage door did not open.

Category garage doors

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your business and for posting. We appreciate you. Chris Cunningham

08/09/2017

Jane R W.

fantastic, worker clean neat and good at his job. have not yet had opening put in

Description of Work
install two new garage doors and new opening

Category garage doors, doors

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your continued business and your post. We appreciate it. Chris Cunningham

04/10/2017

Christopher S.

Extremely easy to work with, professional and honest - great transaction.

Description of Work
New garage door

Category garage doors

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your continued business and your post. We appreciate it. Chris Cunningham

12/20/2016

JANICE S.

On time, friendly, helpful, better than A+.

Description of Work
Replace broken spring on garage door.

05/05/2016

Tricia G.

The technician was fast, friendly, professional. ?Explained what needed to be done and gave a price estimate before starting the repair. ?Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced broken spring.

05/04/2016

Tricia G.

The technician was fast, friendly, professional. Explained what needed to be done and gave a price estimate before starting the repair. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced broken spring.

Category garage doors

Ms. [Removed Member Name], Thank you for your business and your A review. We appreciate you and your business! Chris Cunningham

03/21/2016

Marjorie F.

See above. The service department says they will call with an update and never did. Unless I called they did not contact me regarding when they would finish the work I hired them to do. If not done by 6 PM tomorrow I will find a better company to service my home and other family residences.

Description of Work
Garage Door spring broke. Paid for overtime service and they repaired spring and informed me they needed to order a new belt to get the door working That was over seven days ago and the belt was not delivered when they could have done it overnight. The tech left pieces of the auto door loose on the floor and left with a check. daily calls got no response. They said the said tracking showed it would be delivered Friday ,then Monday they lied. I am sitting with an open garage. They say they will now order overnight but I doubt them. After doing business with the company for 20 years I give up. There are other companies who are responsive to customers.

10/26/2015

John H.

They were fast and at my house within 2 hours. The tech who came was very courteous. The problem was very simple and they were honest with me and did not try to oversell me something.

Description of Work
They fixed my garage door. They eyes were off and he had to do rewire.

09/15/2015

Lynn G.

I called them this morning at 8am, as soon as they opened. They had to call back after checking the schedules of their technicians. I received a call back 10 minutes later saying a technician could be here in 15 minutes. Curt arrived at 8:30 am and was finished with the repair by 9:20am. He replaced both springs. He also lubed the door and tightened all of the bolts at no additional charge. Curt explained how we could tighten the door ourselves on a yearly basis.

Description of Work
fixed garage door spring

06/17/2015

Kelly B.

The service technician was able to make it to my home a couple of hours after I called for the appointment. He was able to replace the spring quickly and took the time to explain exactly what he was doing and why to my inquisitive children. I appreciated his patience and how quickly he was able to get the job done.

Description of Work
The spring had to be replaced on my garage door.

Category garage doors

Ms. [Member name removed], Thank you for you business and for taking time to review us on Angie's List. Chris Cunningham

05/29/2015

Greta N.

I set up an an appointment to have the motor replaced on my garage for 1pm on a Friday. Not only did no one show up, but I didn't get so much as a curtesy call to let me know why no one had shown up. Finally, after an hour and a half of waiting I called the company, and I got a mildly apologetic explanation about a service guy who got tied up and asked to reschedule. I said no thanks. Not the type of customer service I want from a company I'm about to spend over $400 with.

Description of Work
Set up appointment to have motor replaced on my garage door.

Category garage doors

[Member name removed], I am very sorry. Our installer ran into unforeseen issues on his first job which made it take longer than expected. We dropped the ball by not realizing that sooner and notifying you. I promise that is not how we normally operate. Again, I sincerely apologize. Chris J. Cunningham, President

05/23/2015

Michael F.

They were very good. They were fine. Actually, I used them twice in the same month for different things, but they did a good job. They were very prompt and they did what they said they were going to do. Their technicians were good and their office people were fine. Their quality was very good.

Description of Work
I did use a Cunningham Garage Doors. They replaced a motor unit in my garage door opener.

Category garage doors

Mr. [member name removed], Thank you for you business and for taking time to review us on Angie's List. Chris Cunningham

05/18/2015

Sarah V.

They were very helpful when picking out the door and when they installed it. They seemed very service oriented.

Description of Work
We purchased a new door and they installed it.

Category garage doors

(removed member name), Thank you for you business and for taking time to review us on Angie's List. Chris Cunningham

04/27/2015

Anne M.

They are not a high pressure sales company. They operate/earn business by word of mouth. They do some advertising but not a lot. They have a reputation and everybody can tell you about that. The installers are all great and employees.

Description of Work
They installed new windows.

Category replacement windows

Ms. [member name removed], Thank you for you business and for taking time to review us on Angie's List. Chris Cunningham

03/01/2015

Doug T.

I purchased 9 Pro Via Town and Country model 520 triple track storm windows with the low-e glass film coating. The units on the front of the house were cottage style to match the interior windows and were painted to match the house siding. The review scores I gave above are for Cunningham Door. The storm window rating is lower as will be described below. Cunningham had good communication between Sales, Scheduling and Installation teams. Dave in Sales found answers to my questions quickly. Scheduling contacted me promptly after the units had arrived from the factory. The installation team arrived on-time, knew the details of the contract, and cleaned up the work site. Unfortunately, the Pro Via window quality was a disappointment given the price. There are visible gaps at the mitered corners where daylight can be seen. The mitered ends were not touched up after cutting, so the bright aluminum edge is visible at some corners as well. Screws at the mitered corners are not painted to match the window frames, so are very visible. The screws into the house molding are painted, however, so blend in. The screens seem flimsy and the paint seems prone to scuff with usage. I will need to caulk and touch up when warm weather arrives to take care of issues that should not be present.

Description of Work
Measured and installed 9 storm windows. Disposed of old units.

Category garage doors, replacement windows

[removed member name], Dave is contacting Provia about your storm windows and will be in touch. Thank you for you business and for taking time to review us on Angie's List. Chris Cunningham

10/14/2014

bradley K.

Showed up as scheduled and within the time window given for the service call. Tightened up the loose track, adjusted door and sensors and greased/oiled as needed. Did NOT try to sell me something I didn't need or services that were not necessary. Very Satisfied - Tech was very professions and explained in detail what services were performed and ensured we were satisfied with the work completed before leaving.

Description of Work
Garage door tune up

10/02/2014

Jenn M.

They came out and gave a quote for the service. He said there would have to be some additional molding and needed to come back with another estimate. The estimate also seemed to be pretty high. I have not heard back from the company on the estimate and they have not returned my phone calls. The technician who came out was a very nice guy and was pretty punctual. I did not have any problem contacting them or scheduling them out initially. I do not plan on using them, however, because it has taken a lot of work just to reach the company.

Description of Work
I called the company out for an estimate on a garage door and front door service.

Category garage doors, doors

[member name removed] Lou has called you twice in September since our visit at your home. We have not gotten a call back. I called you personally this morning. The number that we are calling does not have an outgoing message. Please call Lou, the gentleman who was there, or myself at our main phone number 897-5700. Thank you. Chris Cunningham

08/13/2014

Dennis C.

They did a good job. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Cunningham Overhead Door Service for our doors.

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to do so and your business. Chris Cunningham

08/12/2014

brenda O.

I would not recommend Cunningham door and window to anyone. This is what the installer done to my door and blamed it on me. I haven't even received a phone call an apology or a follow up on this situation. The installer adjusted the door depth too far and destroyed my door. Pictures of the damage can be seen at https://www.facebook.com/brenda.villarrealosman/posts/10203432582948112

Description of Work
it was suppose to be an easy code change

Category garage doors

All of us at Cunningham treat our customers fairly and work hard everyday to provide terrific workmanship. [member name removed] is not being straight with the facts. We have had a stellar reputation for decades for good reason. We thank our thousands and thousands of customers for your continuous support. Chris, Cindy, and Kevin Cunningham

06/18/2014

Bruce T.

Repaired cables that came "unwound" and rendered the door inoperable. Took off the appropriate part of the mechanism and reattached the cable and the door is now operable and perfectly balanced.

Description of Work
Emergency repair of garage door after hours.

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. Chris Cunningham

06/10/2014

Carol W.

These guys were so easy to work with. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced our garage doors.

Category garage doors

[member name removed], Thank you for posting your review. We genuinely value your business and praise. Chris J. Cunningham, President

06/02/2014

ROBERT W.

The whole job took about 15 minutes. The repairman knew exactly what needed to be done and did the job well. No complaints from me except I think the labor charge was pretty high for a 15 minute job. I would use them again. They are very responsive and quick to get the work done.

Description of Work
Replaced a circuit board on my garage door opener

Improveit! Home Remodeling - Louisville

From the Kentucky Derby to Kentucky bourbon, from the Louisville Slugger to the bluegrass plateau, Louisville is a city that values its heritage and history. That’s why Improveit Home Remodeling is such a perfect fit for the culture of the Louisville, Lexington, and Southeastern Indiana region. With more than 30 years in the business of window replacement and bathroom renovation, our roots are strong, and our quality is high – just like yours. Our Kentucky and Southeastern Indiana service area spreads wide from Elizabethtown and Somerset to the south; east to Lexington; north to LaGrange and Carrollton; and west into Southeastern Indiana areas including Scottsburg, Salem, and North Vernon. In any of these cities, and everywhere in between, when you’re looking for the best vinyl window replacement or a beautiful bathroom remodel for your “old Kentucky Home,” look no further than Improveit.

Faerber's Bee Window Inc

The BEE Window® design center located in Indianapolis showcases window, siding, door, roofing, sunroom and bathroom product lines. Bee has been turning dreary homes into dream homes throughout Indiana for over 25 years. Its quality products and services include window, siding, door and roof replacement, gutter replacement and leaf protection, room additions with Four Seasons Sunrooms, and bathroom remodeling. The company prides itself on building lasting relations with customers through a commitment to the highest standards of ethics.

Garage doors, garage door operators, entry doors, patio doors, storm doors, windows, driveway gates & gate operators.