Creative and General Home Improvements

Founded 1991 • With Angi since February 2010

3031 Ledge Brook Ct

Louisville, KY 40241

Whatever your project may involve Creative and General Home Improvements strives for complete customer satisfaction with a smile. From helping a customer to select colors before painting a house, to designing and building a deck, fence, play area or landscaping project or perhaps performing any number of repairs around your home or business, owner Larry Veech will be glad to work with you. There is no charge for estimates or designing and all work is bid by the job. Adding that special touch of creativity, where possible, is a unique aspect of what we do ....

10/11/2018

Damian B.

Larry painted my kitchen cabinets and they turned out great! I plan on using Creative and General Home Improvements again. Cost $500.

Description of Work
Painted kitchen cabinets.

12/17/2015

Judith R.

We contracted Creative & General Home Imp, (Larry Veech, owner) for our interior painting project. It was a large job, consisting of the entire lower level, plus the Kitchen, Great Room, Foyer and up the stairs and hall way. In addition several ceilings were painted, along with some minor drywall repairs. The entire job was completed in 7 days! Larry's work ethic is outstanding and he did a fantastic job at a great price. We were very pleased and would definitely recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Large interior painting job

Category drywall, interior painters

Thank you again for hiring me and for being such a pleasure to work for!

11/11/2015

Scott F.

Great communication by phone and text up to the date. Confirmed appointment. Very professional. Did a great paint job. Will definitely recommend to others.

Description of Work
Small paint job including 2 story stairwell.

Category handyman service, interior painters

09/11/2015

Brooke G.

It went extremely well. Larry is very meticulous and does fine work. He takes his time to do it right. He is very respectful of protecting floors etc when painting.He is also very respectful of my home, etc. I will definitely hire him again. Other quotes from other providers were at a higher cost for the same job. Quality work.

Description of Work
Painted all exterior wood trim, siding, doors on my home. Primed, caulked and repaired wood, etc. as needed. Also painted my basement walls and ceiling on a separate day at a separate fee than the 2200.00 above

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

You and your family were a delight to work for. Thank youi again!

09/03/2015

Paul R.

We had purchased a deal on Angie's List for 8 hours of work. Larry arrived on time. He put two coats of paint on the room and touched up several areas of woodwork for us. We were very happy with his work and he was very personable. It was probably not 8 hrs. of work, but he did all that we asked & it was definitely worth the cost. We will definitely have him work for us again if we need any painting done.

Description of Work
Painted a room approx. 12'x12' with 2 coats of paint. Touched up several areas of woodwork.

Category interior painters

Thank you, Susan! Glad you were happy with the work.

08/26/2015

Matthew B.

He does good work, and his prices are very good. The down-side of that is he's usually booked up for a week or two. But he's worth the wait. He's very honest, and sticks to his word in my experience. We've use Larry for the following jobs: -Interior and exterior painting -Deck repair and painting -Trim replacement -Window repair and painting -Fencing -Gutter cleaning and repair -Haul away For all of the above, I don't think we've paid a total of more than $2,500 over three years. Let it never be said this guys prices aren't money well spent. Overall I believe Larry is an honest, hard-working guy, and deserves your business. Just expect to wait a bit to get him, because that sort of thing is in demand.

Description of Work
My wife and I have worked with Larry for several jobs. So the details above are a bit inexact. He's done about ten jobs for us, of varying sizes. Primarily we call him for painting, basic refurbishing (fixing outside trim, windows, etc.), and any type of outdoor work from fencing to gutters.

Category decks, fencing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Thank you, [Member name removed]! It has always been my pleasure to work for you and wish you all the best in your new home!

08/04/2015

Thomas H.

Prompt. Professional. Good quality.

Description of Work
We concentrated on woodwork, including the back of the stairs from which we had just removed carpeting and had the steps refinished.

Category flooring contractor, interior painters

Thank you for so much!

07/30/2015

Ray B.

Very dedicated. Never stopped working. Took pride in his work. Will use again.

Description of Work
Painted large bedroom with 2 1/2 coats of paint. Painted some trim as needed.

Category interior painters

Thank you! I enjoyed working for you.

07/29/2015

Cicely L.

The provider contacted me right away after my inquiry on Angie's List and was able to give me an estimate within a day or so of our initial contact, and started work within a week. I initially called to get the ceiling of my first floor powder room painted to repair a water stain caused by the upstairs laundry, but while he was there I also got estimates on painting the powder room; painting the den ceiling; and repairing drywall/painting in a couple of other areas. Not only did he do a nice job on everything, he was able to work around my schedule and did a lot of work in the evening, even though some of the work required multiple visits. He got right to work when he arrived, left the areas clean, and was a pleasure to work with. He even finished a little under his original estimate! I will definitely call him for any other painting/drywall needs.

Description of Work
Interior painting and drywall repair.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, interior painters

07/20/2015

Robin M.

happy with prompt arrival, aimed to do what I needed and was able to work around my 'obstacles' without complaint, on task and easy to get along with and neat

Description of Work
painter for a day

Category interior painters

Thank you, [removed member name]! You were a pleasure to work for!!

07/18/2015

Emery W.

Personable, punctual, hard-working. Our first time using this service. Will definitely be using in the future as need for experienced handyman service is needed.

Description of Work
Replaced rotting fence posts; cleaned out overgrown plantings.

Category interior painters

Thank you, Bud! It was a pleasure working for you!

06/15/2015

caroline D.

Came on time; very professional. No mess. Beautiful work!

Description of Work
Painted a large room with trim

Thank you !

06/09/2015

Rosa H.

Creative and General Home Improvements did a great job for us. Larry was backlogged when I first contacted him, so we scheduled about a month out, and he came to do the work, called in advance, worked with me on schedule when I had to travel unexpectedly, and generally made it a great, simple experience with positive results. My husband and I are impressed.

Description of Work
Exterior painting, Deck seal and repair, replace steps & stringers.

Category decks, house painters

Thank you! It was a pleasure working for you!

06/05/2015

Kathleen B.

He showed up on time, got right to work, worked diligently through the day, taking no breaks. He got the job done as expected and did an excellent job. I am very happy with his work.

Description of Work
He painted a dining room.

Category interior painters

Thank you and it was a pleasure, once again, to work for you!

04/21/2015

Sara S.

It went well. I had to be very specific obviously with what I wanted. If I wasn't so in a hurry to try to get as much done as I could in one day I think the quality could have been better. Where he painted the door frame, he didn't do the top, which you can't see when you're standing but when I was painting the walls obviously I noticed it. I would put him in the handyman kind of category and probably not a professional painter. But overall, I was happy with it for what I paid. I was just trying to sell my house. I did not pay anything over $229 big deal price. Just one guy came out to do the work. He was very nice and very courteous. He cleaned up after himself. There was nothing unprofessional.

Description of Work
They painted door frames, window frames, the ceiling and started cutting in on the trim work and the walls.

Category interior painters

Thank you for the satisfactory review. I always try to carefully listen to instructions given and if there was a misunderstanding of what your full intentions were I sincerely apologize.

04/10/2015

Carol T.

Mr. Veech did an excellent job helping get my existing home ready for resale! He called beforehand to be sure of all of the details and that I was ready (adequate paint supply, etc.). Showing up promptly the morning of the appointment and after a walkthrough to review exactly what was needed where, he jumped right in setting up and getting to work. He repainted one wall in my extra tall garage, the trey ceiling soffit in the Master and did touchup work in two bathroom ceilings. The garage and master had had drywall repairs and unfortunately I had old and new paint to try to match up. He knows his trade and I wish I had had a bigger project where he could have displayed his creative painting skills (mural or faux painting). I can foresee more painting projects in my next home and I'll certainly call upon Creative and General Home Improvements when the time comes!

Description of Work
Painted large portion of 2 rooms and did touch up painting in two others.

Category drywall, muralist, interior painters

Thank you and I hope to work for you again as well!

04/09/2015

Charles C.

Larry carefully and professionally completed all of the tasks on our list. We highly recommend him for handyman services.

Description of Work
Handyman services including ceiling light fixture installation, ceiling fan/light installation, bedroom closet shelving installation, doorbell replacement, etc.

Category handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

Thank you and you were a pleasure to work for!

03/27/2015

Michael C.

Larry worked a solid eight hours, cleaned up after himself, paid very close attention to detail. No shoddy work - everything looks really good. We'll hire him again, without reservation, next time we need repairs. We highly recommend the service - it would have been a great deal at twice the price.

Description of Work
Finish spackling in basment (ceiling and walls) and installed doors and trim

Category interior painters

Thank you! It was a pleasure working for you!

03/27/2015

Kimberly B.

I purchased the handyman for a day with the intention of having the provider replace light fixtures throughout the home. When I conferred with the provider regarding the scope of work - the number of fixtures to replace (approx 10) - the provider said I should have back-up projects in mind because he didn't think it would take him 8 hours to complete the work. On the scheduled day of service, the provider replaced 5 fixtures. One fixture is incomplete because he could not figure out the wiring. He averaged one fixture every 1.5 hours. I overpaid for this service and am disappointed. I now have to hire someone else to finish the work that should have easily been completed in 8 hours. I also didn't appreciate the provider going through my cabinets without asking. If you need something - a tool, a marker, a glass for water, fine - but ask the homeowner first. This is the first Angie's list purchase that I have regretted purchasing, and I believe I wasted my money.

Description of Work
The provider was tasked with replacing old light fixtures with new light fixtures.

Category handyman service

So sorry for the disappointment! Your feedback is appreciated and adjustments have been made. I never want to disappoint anyone anyone in any way even though minor electrical work has never been an issue. Although it is no consolation at this point, electrical work been removed. Thank you.

03/26/2015

Mary F.

Larry is a very good carpenter. He did an excellent job with everything he did. There were several things I needed to have done that he was not comfortable with, including basic plumbing, He verbalized very well what he was comfortable with doing and what he would rather not do. I appreciated his honesty.

Description of Work
put a key lock on a door, planed bottoms of two doors, box in exposed pipes in the basement, replaced a rotten wood sill under a basement window, redrilled a hole to correct an issue with a door knob.

Category handyman service, woodworking

You were a pleasure to work for! Thanks again!

03/15/2015

Dennis R.

Weather was bad but he showed up on time. He did a very good job on our large master bedroom and was able to cut in the second smaller bedroom by the end of the day. I would definitely call this painter again.

Description of Work
Painted bedroom and cut in a second bedroom.

Category interior painters

It was a pleasure working for you! Thank you!

03/14/2015

Sylvia T.

In his deal description he says that he can do minor plumbing and electric work. Now almost a month later he contacts me to get details of what I need done and tells me he can't do the work. He should have asked me when he first contacted me to see what the work was I needed done so I wouldn't have wasted a month thinking he would be able to do it. He shouldn't list that he can do minor plumbing and electric work if he can't. I was looking forward to working with him because he seemed good.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $249 Handyman for the Day.

Category handyman service

When speaking with you yesterday you told me you would be more upset if I came and could not install a sink vanity. I apologize for not requesting specific details ahead of time and for your disappoint. So sorry.

03/02/2015

Jackie C.

He did a very good job. He was very protective of my space and my things, trying to avoid to getting paint everywhere.

Description of Work
He painted the living room, dining room and the hallway.

02/26/2015

Maria M.

The provider's schedule is booked up for a month an unfortunately, I can't wait that long, which caused me to request a refund. He was very understanding that it wouldn't work with my schedule and easy to work with.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for a SOLD OUT: $280 Painter for a Day.

Category house painters, interior painters

02/02/2015

Janice C.

He did a great job. He matched paint for me and it turned out great.

Description of Work
This was a Big Deal for a painter for a day.

Category interior painters

It was a pleasure working for you again, [Member name removed]!

Streamline Paintings

Specializing in interior home painting. Just a bedroom or the whole home. We also paint windows, doors, decks, railing & porches. Also color match and even help pick the new color for you home. Our company uses premium industry paints that cover & last over time. This is a small business based on local residential needs.

Papa's Painting & Construction

We are a family run and operated business with 20+ years of experience. We home improvements from Interior and exterior painting, pressure washing, dry wall install and repair, deck staining and repair. Carpenter work, fencing, fence staining to full on remodels. We are dedicated to your satisfaction and creating a relationship for life. We want to help you long term with all of your home needs.

Briteway Painting

We provide professional, custom interior and exterior painting services at great prices with a Two Year Guarantee. We also offer a paint now pay later program with 12 months no interest financing. We are EPA certified for lead-based paint and we're fully insured. Printed, detailed estimates are provided so there are no gray areas. Do it the Right Way with Briteway!

Check, PayPal

Interior & exterior painting, mural, faux designs, decks, fences, screened in porches, playgrounds, treehouses, ceramic tiling, laminate flooring, drywall repair, handyman, landscaping & water features.

Interior trim carpentry, plumbing and electrical work.