CLASSIC METAL ROOFING SYSTEMS OF KENTUCKIANA

Founded 1980 • With Angi since January 2009

1717 WATTERSON TRL

Louisville, KY 40299

We end roofing worries with beautiful, lifetime metal roofing that resembles wood shakes, tile, slate, dimensional shingles and other attractive profiles. Classic Metal Roofs provide beauty, durability, energy savings, home value and other "green" benefits.

03/19/2013

Charles H.

They did great! I couldn't be happier. We made arrangements to do the job, and they did it as expected. They did excellent work. I had a friend that noticed that they left marks on the gutter quite a while after the work, and they came back and replaced the gutter, even though I hadn't asked them to. Joe Knife and I couldn't have a better working relationship! They did a great job cleaning up after themselves - just an overall excellent job!

Description of Work
They installed a metal roof on my house. They also did some construction, adding a gable over a flat roof on an addition to the house so they could put the metal roof there, as well.

Category gutter repair, roofing

03/12/2013

Bill P.

I’m very well pleased with their work. They got everything done within 3-4 weeks. They weren’t the least expensive, but the roof came with a 40 year warranty, which includes product AND full labor warranty. Most companies only warranty the installation for one year, but with this company, everything’s covered! There’s no depreciation; it’s a full 100% warranty on product and installation. Also, this is 100% aluminum roofing, so this roof can be recycled. They also use recycled materials (aluminum cans) to make the product, which is very green. The crew was excellent, answering any questions that I had and taking the time to explain things to me. They are about three hours away from the church, and they always showed up when they said they would be there.

Description of Work
They replaced a roof on my church. I was the one that oversaw the project; it was a large job.

Thank you for your kind comments. Although we focus on residential roofs, churches will always be an important segment for metal roofing for the simple reason that church congregations very seldom plan to move! When you look at roofing costs over time, metal roofing offers the best return-on-investment and lower costs over time (including fewer replacements, lower maintenance and lower utility costs). Churches are usually looking at and comparing long-term materials (metal, tile, slate) versus temporary materials (asphalt, wood). Unfortunately their budget doesn't always allow for long-term roofing which means they need to pass costs down to future generations instead of addressing them now. In the case of this particular church we were also able to install a metal roof over an asbestos shingle roof, encapsulating it forever and avoiding a hazardous and expensive tear-off of the asbestos material. Thanks again for your positive review and know that we will always be at your service!

02/28/2013

Audra K.

It was real easy to get a quote from Classic Metal Roofing Systems of Kentuckiana. The guy who is the main sales rep there was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. Their quote was on a par with everyone else's. They don't hand-nail, they use pneumatic air hammers, and our house is very old so this would have been a disaster. We've worked on it and we know what it looks like and this method would probably have put nails through those boards. Despite him saying it won't, I didn't want to risk it. They seem like a fine company, and the guy who came out seemed very nice. I just didn't care for their installation method. The Sales guy was honest and said that they hadn't worked on many older houses, so I wanted to work with a company that had better experience in working with a much older substrate.

Description of Work
Classic Metal Roofing Systems of Kentuckiana quoted for doing our roof with metal shingles.

Thank you for the positive review! Unfortunately the nailing issue shows a failure to ask enough questions on my part. We prefer to air-nail and have never had an issue where that method caused a problem, and we have worked on many old and historic homes. However we can be flexible and use another fastening method if a customer prefers it, including hand-nails or screws. Of course slower installation methods might incur slightly higher costs but if it is the right thing to do, we can do it. We have had some cases where roofing over porches with exposed wood underneath required the use of short screws that wouldn't show through, for example. Thanks again for the opportunity to meet with you and I'm sorry that I did not dig deep enough to find the importance of this issue and alleviate this fear with a different answer. We won't ever cut corners, but we will listen to customers and adapt to the situation as needed. We have found that older homes and historic homes are great candidates for metal roofing, because the aesthetics fit the older home. We can show many examples of our products on older and historic homes.

08/13/2012

saundra B.

We didn’t deal with them. Their quote was 16,000. The cost made me not to go with them. The person who came out was very professional and very nice. He seemed to be very thorough, but the cost was just prohibited at this time. It is possible that I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
Classic Metal Roofing Systems of Kentuckiana came out and gave us a quote on a new metal roof.

11/17/2011

Kelly I.

The work was done as asked and all went well

Description of Work
Very pleased with roof> all went well

While I appreciate this nice, positive report--we did not install this job. I had a pleasant appointment with Member back in April but we did not get the job. Glad to see it went well for you, though!

10/25/2011

Kendall C.

The experience went very well but it was too expensive. They were timely and they did a very good job educating me about their roof. I would use them if I had the money.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Classic Metal Roofing Systems for a new metal roof.

10/13/2011

Steve M.

I requested to be contacted about a quote from their website and have never received a call or visit.

Description of Work

I apologize that we missed your inquiry. Your post here has exposed a breakdown in our automated e-mails that our website generates (for us to respond to) so I thank you for alerting us to the problem. I will give you a call but I can understand if we have missed the opportunity to do business with you. Again I thank you for pointing out our mistake so that we can now take steps to correct it. Sincerely, Joe Knife Branch Manager

10/06/2009

David & Becky V.

1. As numerous clients and colleagues learned before I had the opportunity to do so, Mr. Joe Knife is a most charming, personable, and informative businessman. I wish I could be half as patient and reassuring in my own career as a physician. He leaves the distinct impression after sitting down with him that he has nothing else on his mind than to answer fully all your questions and satisfy your concerns. 2. His work crew for this project were two very hard-working gentlemen, also charming, who labored diligently over a period of several days, in a blazing sun, to place a beautiful aluminum roof with internal fasteners and color-coordinated vents. They were also kind to brief me on finding the most "walkable" areas of the new roof, while cleaning up neatly.

Description of Work
1. Removed and disposed of all old asphalt shingles, tarpaper underlayment, and old box vents. 2. Inspected original particle board sheathing for soundness. 3. Inspected rain gutters, soffit vents, and fascia board while reattaching loose gutters as needed. 4. Inspected toilet vents, furnace flue, and fireplace flue while repainting fluepipes and replacing flashing as needed. 5. Replaced roofing with a new metal roof of color and design chosen by consumer. Removed project waste and unused materials. 6. Provided consumer with pertinent brochures and operator manual, as well as assistance in registering new roof for 40-year-warranty and federal tax credit.

Category gutter repair, roofing

01/07/2009

Charles H.

We bought a home with 6 year old 25 year dimensional shingles that appeared in good condition. The roof began leaking right away and on further inspection the shingles grit had fallen off in horizontal lines, a manufacturers defect. I learned that asphalt shingle warranties have little value. I researched which roofs provide a tax credit from the IRS for energy incentives and decided to install a metal roof. After several competitive estimates I chose Joe Knife and Classic Metal to install their Country Manor Shake on my home. Their product and service exceeded all my expectations. Classic Metal is 26 years old and their roof is guaranteed against leaks for my life or 40 years for any future purchaser. I think the roof is built to last 100 years. The roof reduces my air conditioning expenses in the summer with its hi-R coating. It's essentially windproof, so when others are recovering from storms, I know these shingles aren't blowing off! The texture of the shake shingle brings out the beauty of our homes stone siding, something we didn't expect. There is a nice soft patter from raindrops that is pleasant during rainstorms and my neighbors have complemented me on. One neighbor said they leave the window open during the rain just to hear it. The roof is so attractive we see many passers by stopping on the sidewalk or even the middle of the street to look at it. We received a tax credit of $500 on our tax return. The roof also accounted individually for at least $10,000 increase in home value in a home appraisal 1 month ago. The service was great! Joe never tried to ask for more money than the original estimate. He addressed all of my concerns immediately. His crew were all experienced professionals and friendly. I am a diy'er and was installing the siding, soffit and fascia for the gable extension myself. They helped me, let me borrow tools if they weren't using them and pointed out when I should be doing something differently than my plan. I verified the crew had not only liability insurance but workman's comp, which was important to me. Joe offered to have a port-a-pot onsite. I opted instead to cover the floor and the crew was very good about not getting the inside of the house dirty. The cleanup was complete. Months later when I noticed a ladder mark on my rear gutter that no one had previously noticed, Joe promptly replaced the gutter with new. I can't say enough good about Joe knife and Classic Metal! If you are considering a new roof contact him and he will provide a list of homes with their roofs, including ours.

Description of Work
Extend gable over addition to rear of home. Install Country Manor Shake roof over the old shingles. Install new gutter where necessary.

THE MEMBER AND HIS WIFE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL HOME IN THE HIGHLANDS AND WE GREATLY ENJOYED WORKING WITH HIM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS!

Renewal Gutters

Renewal Gutters is a full service gutter and gutter protection company dedicated to offering the best products, service and warranties in the industry. We repair existing gutters, install new seamless gutters and offer the highest rated gutter protection with Arrow Gutter Guards. We protect your gutters and your home and keep you off of a ladder!

AIC Roofing & Construction, Inc.

AIC Roofing & Construction, Inc was started in Lexington in 2003. AIC is a residential and commercial roofing company that specializes in roofs, siding, and gutters. AIC is a locally owned company that takes pride in our work and has grown our business by providing quality work at an affordable price. We take time to meet with each customer personally and explain the problems found on the home, what is causing them, and the options available to fix the issues. Over the years our workmanship has been recognized by leading material manufacturers and trade associations. AIC is a GAF Master Elite Contractor, as well as an Owens Corning Preferred Contractor, among others listed on our home page. Join the thousands of people in the Lexington area that have trusted AIC with their roof related problems, give AIC Roofing a chance to earn your business TODAY!

Jeff Home Improvements Inc.

Jeff Home Improvements provides free estimates, is a accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, fully insured, locally owned, Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Roofing Contractors, graduates of Owens Corning University, Member or the National Roofing Contractors Association & Kentucky Roofing Contractors Association

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Residential and light-commercial metal roofing that resembles wood shakes, tile, slate, and other decorative profiles. Primarily on homes but also churches, shopping centers, retail, schools and multifamily.

We do not offer repairs on metal roofs installed by others, nor do we specialize in flat, commercial roofing, pole barns, or large flat industrial roofs. We do not do roof coatings or painting.