Burkheads Home Specialist

Founded 1990 • With Angi since August 2011

4.2

140 Cajun Ct

Louisville, KY 40229

Family owned and operated for 22 years. BBB A+ rating. All employees are background checked and screened. Please visit our website for all other services you may be interested in....

02/18/2018

Vaclav V.

It took several calls to schedule an appointment. Jim came on time, inspected the problems and promised to give estimates by email. He did it only 20 days later after three reminding emails. In addition, the offer was twice more expensive than other companies, conveniently forgot to quote the second requested job. Instead of professional quote on letterhead or form, it was just 2 lines in email.

Description of Work
Water leaking in garage and insulation of the garage

04/28/2016

Chris H.

1. I contacted Jim (possibly the owner) on at least three separate occasions, because he failed to return phone calls. After giving his company ONE last chance, I called him again to see if he was going to show up as promised on Saturday, April 23, 2016. He confirmed and did show up, but within a very short window of time, so I agreed. 2. I asked him about the Angie's List Big Deal, but he claimed that he stopped doing business with Angie's List, and the deals were no longer listed. 3. I then showed him on my smart phone that the big deal still existed and that I intended to purchase the deal. His response was that he could beat the deal with a better price for the six windows that we needed replaced. 4. He told us that he would have an estimate to us on Monday, April 25, 2016. 5. NO ESTIMATE, AND NO CALL OR UPDATE. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!

Description of Work
Measured six windows and was supposed to provide an estimate for installation.

Category replacement windows

[Member Name Removed], I called and left a message with your price but apparently you have not got it yet. We do not have a deal with Angies list as we stated. Please call to discuss your price if you are still ready to get your folks windows in.

04/25/2016

connie K.

They told us 'no problem' 'This is what we do' We called on Thursday and they sent someone out Monday.

Description of Work
We had a problem with some gutter guards that they had installed 9 months ago. When it was brought to their attention they immediately came out and fixed the problem.

Category gutter repair

Thank you very much for your kind response about our company. We always stand behind our work but thank you for recognizing that. Have a great year.

02/02/2016

Richard W.

Had been in contact with company via e-mail. Had set a date for service and evaluation with company, They were a NO SHOW, with no contact back to me why .

Description of Work
Nothing

Category mold removal

We apologize but you never replied to our email where we sent " Dear customer can we plan on Monday the 25th at 10 AM to come by and measure your gutters and show you what gutter guard we offer to give you your estimate? If you would like to reschedule please call us directly at 502-741-9706 because we want you to be 100% satisfied once we are complete. We can come this week if you don't mind calling instead of trying to email Thru Angie's list servers. Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.

01/26/2016

Jenny M.

Angie's list price was $99 for $300 job. But the job was estimated for about $1200. Only did the floor and will probably do the walls at another time. Just the floor insulation installation was additional $400, so the total cost was $500. Quick response and installation. Will call this company for other home repairs and installation in the future.

Description of Work
Attic insulation installation

Category insulation, mold removal

Thank you for your kind words about our company we appreciate that. It was also a pleasure working with you and look forward to working with you again on your beautiful home. Thank you and see you soon.

09/25/2015

Kathryn M.

They did a great job. The price was very good. They left the neat and tidy. The workers were very good.

Description of Work
They did some gutter work.

Category gutter repair

Thank you very much for your kind words about our company, it was a pleasure working with you and look forward to it again sometime.

09/24/2015

Alisa P.

They arrived on time. Had a bit of issue with their machine but worked through it. Got it working and pumped in the insulation. I had a hose from the back door all the way upstairs to the attic area, there was zero mess involved. Very polite professional people. I would highly recommend them to anyone. The ease of getting my measurements to getting the finished product were amazing. Since Burkheads does all things house, from footers to shingles I plan to have some additional quotes and work done.

Description of Work
insulated my attic

Category insulation, mold removal

[Member name] you were also awesome to work with, and cannot wait to work with you again. We will be here when you need us.

08/27/2015

Steve J.

Everyone we dealt with was courteous & professional. Installation was day we ordered, with installer being very professional & going out of his way to protect our property. I would definitely recommend Burkheads Home Specialist to everyone in the future.

Description of Work
Gutter Guards on front of house.

Category gutter repair, mold removal

Thank you very much for your kind words about our business, we really do appreciate working for customers that appreciate quality work. Let me know if we can help you with anything else it was a pleasure meeting you.

08/11/2015

Cynthia J.

We did not use this provider. We were not happy with initial response so we moved on to someone else.

Description of Work
I called him for an estimate to fix a crack in shower floor. He did not even come to our house to look at it - he just had me text him pictures over the phone.

Category mold removal

Sorry we could not help you with your project and hope you are well taken care of. Thank you for your comments about our company have a blessed day.

07/08/2015

connie K.

Jim burkhead actually took photos of our roof and explained why we needed extra flashing saving us a leak in the future. He showed us exactly where we needed the guards and why.

Description of Work
gutter guards. Roof maintenance

Category mold removal

Thank you very much for your kind words about our business and keep us in mind for future needs. Have a great summer.

07/01/2015

David C.

The process went very smoothly. The entire transaction was done over the phone. Jim from Burkhead's gave me a call and went over the different types of gutter guards. After choosing the type and color he quickly texted me a price and I accepted. The next day they installed the gutter guards not only are they functional they look very nice. I was very impressed with the friendliness and urgency they approached my job with, I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
They installed gutter guards on my existing gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you for your kind words about our business. We look forward to working with you on your next project.

06/23/2015

Aaron J.

It went very well. I liked the outcome. They did a good job. They came as they were scheduled. They were on time. They were professional. The price was a little high but they did a good job.

Category gutter repair

Thank you for your kind words about our business and it was a pleasure working with you and look forward to working with you again on your next job. Thanks again Jim.

05/11/2015

Susan J.

Everything went well. Burkhead's was very attentive to a schedule, advising me exactly when the order for the windows was placed, when it was expected to be in, and setting a date for installation. It was cold and snowy but they stuck to their schedule. They look and operate great!

Description of Work
Installed 7 windows, replacing the original windows in a house built in 1957.

Category replacement windows

Thank you very much for your kind words about our company. We try very hard to make sure everyone is satisfied and do really appreciate that. Don't forget that your windows also have a lifetime glass breakage warranty. Call me if you need anything. 502-741-9706 thanks Jim

03/24/2015

Karen L.

The windows are professional. They look great. However, the workers left glass around the back of the house and they haven’t picked up yet.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for $250 for $750 credit towards new windows. I paid additional to have 8 windows to put in.

Category replacement windows

Thank you very much for the kind comments for the quality work and windows you received. The renter told Ed they wanted to keep the glass but if you do not want them to stay there we would like to have them as we donate all old glass to habitat home for customers needing replacement glass. Please text me to let me know either way. Thank you Jim 502-741-9706

03/04/2015

JANET G.

They service was good and they were great about it. They stayed and got everything done. They sent 2 people out to do the job. The cleanup was great and they were fabulous.

Description of Work
It was a deal for $199 for 6 hours of general contractor home remodeling. They did some electrical work and switched out 5 ceiling fans. They also installed an oven hood.

Category electrician, remodeling, ceiling fans

Thank you for your great review about our company we really do appreciate your kind words and our doors are always open to you.

02/09/2015

Esther L.

Not very good. They offered to do insulation in the attic. $50.00 worth for $99.00. I knew that it would probably be included in the entire estimate. Of course the $99.00 was paid up front. There were several times I had asked him to come, but it was about three weeks after when he came to do the estimate, and he was only here literally less than five minutes. I asked him if he wanted to see a few different areas, and he said "No, I think I kind of see.". He didn't poke around, didn't look around, and didn't really do anything, and then just left. He told me that whenever we were ready to have it done we could contact him, and the $99.00 would come off of the very top of the bill, and would be included. Of course, that wasn't in the fine print, either. I didn't feel like he was a very honest person. I had some questions for him, and he gave a very vague answer. I asked him how many inches of insulation, and what the R-factor was and he said it was "meeting the standards". He didn't tell us what would be used or any of those things, so I just chalked it up to losing $99.00. Since that time, I've noticed a lot of other big deals, primarily under their name, and for all sorts of work. Everything from windows, to doing inspections, to you name it. I just feel like it's a scam. I had to email him several times. I was concerned that I had just gotten ripped off. He indicated that he would be by the following week, and then he didn't respond. I'm a busy enough lady, that I just chalked it up to a bad experience.

Description of Work
He did an estimate for insulation in the attic.

Category insulation

Ms. [member name removed] I thought you were going to call us once you finished hanging drywall upstairs so that we can insulate your attic. Did we misunderstand you or was you just wanting a refund because your not going to get your drywall done for awhile? If that is the case can you please change your rating of your experience with Burkheads.

02/03/2015

Mary G.

They did a great job with the work, but I have yet to get a receipt or written contract. I texted the owner my payment information, and I was supposed to get a receipt but I haven't received it yet.

Description of Work
They put insulation in my attic.

Category insulation, water damage restoration

Thank you for your kind words about our company. We are glad you are very happy with the workmanship. I was able to send your receipt a couple weeks ago. Let me know if you did not receive it by calling me directly at 502-741-9706. Thank you again for your kind words.

02/02/2015

Conda P.

The price doesn't include putting the wall board back, which makes it so expensive.They also tried to bail me for the job before he had even started. I believe he did not remove the mould but only did the spraying.I recommend paying after the work is done.He gave an esteemate of the wallboard and it seems more costly than the actual work.

Description of Work
Mold Testing and Remediation.

Category mold removal

Thank you very much for your kind words about our business. It was a pleasure working with you. I'm sorry we could not beat our competitors price to replace your drywall but at least we were the best price for the mold remediation which is the main issue you had. Feel free to call me if you need anything we have been here for 25 years and will be here if you need us. Thank you.

01/13/2015

Erik R.

He looked at the insulation and said the work is not needed.

Category insulation

Thank you for the great review you gave us we really do appreciate that maybe we can help you down the road on a future project it was a pleasure meeting you and your family hopefully you guys are enjoying this new year.

01/12/2015

Lynnette L.

They were great, very friendly and accomodating, worked hard and fast, did a great job, and i could immediately feel the difference in my home.

Description of Work
Added additional insulation in the attic for my entire home

Category insulation, mold removal

Thank you for your kind words about our business we really do appreciate that. You were also a pleasure to work with and look forward to seeing you again hopefully you're having a great new year so far

01/10/2015

Ron B.

Came to house. Measured attic. Provided bid which was not acceptable.

Category insulation, water damage restoration

It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife and I am sorry we were a few dollars higher than our competitors keep us in mind on your next project and we will try again until we can win your business. Hope you guys have a happy new year.

01/07/2015

Joshua V.

I purchased this deal on 12/16 and was contacted for my dates of availability that day. I sent back my times along with figures of a previous estimate given to me by another company. Burkhead's reply was more than twice the other estimate for the same service without ever measuring my house or inspecting my current insulation. My only communication was via messages on Angie's List and only after I asked for a response or update. Yesterday after being promised over the weekend for a visit on Monday I gave up and submitted for the refund. Later that night I started to receive texts from someone asking me if I'd be home after they finished up with their next client (I'm going to assume after 6:30pm). I have Boy Scouts on Monday nights and my wife had already been stuck at home waiting on three other occasions for someone to show up. Each time we've cleared out a closet to give access to the attic space and each time we've had to move all that junk back. I understand there was a holiday in this time frame but it was never communicated they'd be closed for any period of time. I used Energy Savers previously to give me a whole house audit and they were the ones who had provided the previous quote for work. The tech who came out then was very attentive and professional, I'll be using them for my insulation installation.

Description of Work

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

It was a pleasure talking with you and I apologize we could not meet you over XMAS and New Year's that late at night after your cub scouts but we did measure exterior of home to do a width x length that gave us your sq footage. I'm sorry we were 100.00 more after your discount, but please make sure they have insurance because if your soffit vents get covered your homes intake will be closed and your entire attic will get mold from not breathing properly.

01/07/2015

Andre M.

Company called to inform me they do not service my area.

Description of Work
Purchased $99 Big Deal for $500 Worth of Attic Insulation

Category water damage restoration

It was a pleasure talking with you also , I'm glad I was able to refer you to some companys that do service your city though.

01/05/2015

JoAnn U.

Sean and Nathan of Burkheads Home Specialist were punctual and professional. Sean and I did have a communication snafu but it was easily worked out. Jim Burkehead was in constant contact with them and me to make sure that I was happy with my service. They were friendly and cleaned up after themselves well.

Description of Work
I bought the Big Deal -- $99 for $500 worth of insulation. My additional cost for them blowing in cellulose insulation in my 900 square foot attic was $566.

Category insulation, mold removal

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our company it was also a pleasure working with you and we are always open for you to call us anytime thank you very much again.

12/28/2014

Karin J.

Went well. Inspected site where mold was suspected and entire house - inside and out - for other potential problem areas. When we are ready to complete the project, we will call them back to do the work.

Description of Work
Inspected area with suspected mold and entire house.

Category mold removal

Thank you very much for your kind words about our company. Talk to you soon. Happy new year.