Bright Pest Control Co Inc

Founded 1969 • With Angi since June 2006

4340 Sanita Ct Ste C

Louisville, KY 40213

Additional phone - (502) 935-3500....

02/18/2018

Julie M.

Bright Pest Control was great to work with, from their office staff to their inspector. Brian arrived on time and inspected a home we are buying. A follow up report was sent to my agent. I would definitely recommend Bright to anyone needing a termite inspection.

Description of Work
Termite Inspection for Real Estate Purchase

01/16/2018

Glenn F.

2 attempts to get the inspection done. They were unable to complete the inspection both times. Business was unable to perform full inspection. In order to keep our house sale closing from failing - due to the inspection delay - hired another inspection business that had no problem doing the inspection. Asked Bright Pest Control for a refund. Business was uncooperative in issuing a prompt refund. After one month enlisted 3rd party intervention and a lot of time and effort to get a partial refund. A very frustrating experience.

Description of Work
Termite Inspection.

12/01/2014

MARTHA M.

I had several opinions and four estimates on the damage, and only Bright appeared to know what they were talking about! Kevin examined the problem, answered all my questions and concerns and gave me a cost and time quote ($5800 and one week - barring any unforeseen difficulties). I knew i had some leftover bamboo from the original flooring job, and asked Kevin to look in the attic to see how much was there. After i made an appointment to start the work on Monday, he showed up on time with three other workers. They got started taking out the flooring in my living room, and in five hours, had finished the repair in the crawl space and installed a new sub-floor! All the bamboo floor boards were neatly stacked and had been removed carefully enough so that they could be re-used. The next morning, they were back to start on the kitchen. They took out the sink, cabinets, range and refrigerator, took out the floor, replaced all the rotten wood, and were finished installing the new sub-floor in about six hours. On Wednesday, Kevin and one helper arrived (again on time as promised) and after a couple of hours, had installed new baseboard in the affected area of the living room, thoroughly vacuumed all the dust and debris from the job, and even re-hung a heavy mirror and sculpture in my living room. He had also gotten the leftover flooring from the attic and added it to the stacked boards. I hadn't known at the time, but one of the workers was the owner of the company!!! When they left, everything was neat as a pin, and ready for me to start re-loading the cabinets and drawers. I'm sure it will take longer to get my floors re-laid than it took to fix this horrible problem! PERFECTION!!! Bright deserves the highest rating possible; I hope they refer any potential customers to me for my comments! NOTE: My job was originally estimated for at least a week. Had there been only Kevin and a helper for the first two days as we had planned, it certainly would have taken longer hours each day and the full week, if not more .

Description of Work
my walls were separating from the floors in two rooms! Bright had to remove and re-install joists and rotted wood in my crawl space due to water damage from poor drainage (my house is about a foot lower than the house next door, receiving all the rain/snow wash-out from above). I was totally stressed out about the cost, the time it would take, the mess i would be left with, and concern over my elderly dog falling into an open crawl space! All that plus the cost of re-flooring two rooms, gave me several sleepless nights and way too much anxiety for an old lady!!!

11/13/2014

JOHN M.

They are a great company and do a great job. I have been using them for a long time and plan to continue using them. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They provide treatments and pest control services.

08/02/2014

Kenneth C.

Initially, they did a good job and we used their service for several years. After a while, we realized that we didn't require quarterly service and told them that we only needed the house treated 3 times a year. From then until we discontinued service they would call multiple times during the month and pester us about scheduling the next service. We finally got tired of their calls and stopped using them. If they had asked as we requested and only gave us a friendly reminder three times a year, we would probably have kept using them.

Description of Work
Spray for insects and put down mouse traps.

06/25/2014

Linda G.

, I had europeon paper wasps in my hot tub - he came and was very stand offish, I thought he was new and very young. He said let me go to truck and call my boss. Then he cae in and said it would cost $248.00. I said NO WAY (because I have had bees taken care of before and I knew that was ridiculous.) He left I came in - went to Angie's list and found OPC pest, called them (did not mention that anyone had just been here) asked them how much they charge to come get wasps out of hot tub and the girl immediately quoted me $95 - I set up for them to come next morning - they came took care of problem and also we found another nest in front gutter - he took care of that one too. All for $95. My personal feeling about Bright is that they did not want to fool with the wasps and thru out this ridiculous high price and if I said ok they would do it. I did call Bright the next day and spoke to office manager about it - not that they could do anything about it now but they needed to know how really high their price was compared to other qualified companies. Decided to share this review because if it was me looking for a company I would want to know that Bright is extremely high in their prices.

Description of Work
came to see my bee problem

05/28/2014

r N.

They were there several hours and did a very thorough job creating a barrier around the home. They also pointed out several places where termites had been that were missed earlier by the home inspector. Nice job!

Description of Work
Provided initial termite treatment. The crew was timely, professional and explained everything they were going to do prior to doing it. I am very happy with their work.

04/11/2014

Bruce & Marcene C.

They're good. I subscribe to them every year. They come on time every month. They have the bait things around the house and then they check those to be sure there's no activity and they leave me a message and let me know. It's transferable. If we sell our house, we can transfer the agreement that we have to the next home owner. I'm pleased with them.

Description of Work
We used the services of Bright Pest Control.

03/06/2014

Norma B.

I have used them for 7 or 8 years and the service has been really good. They are very responsive and they have great customer service. I am pleased with their service. They are very professional and courteous. They ask about any issues and they take care of them accordingly. I know if I call them they will come out in between visits as well.

Description of Work
They do quarterly pest control. They do just the exterior pest control. The cost above is quarterly.

03/03/2014

Brent W.

Brian was great! He arrived early and was very professional and friendly. He took the time to explain all of the details to us and he was very informative. We will definitely use Bright Pest Control in the future

Description of Work
Inspection

03/07/2013

Chris C.

We are thrilled with the service we receive from this company. We have had to use them multiple times, and twice, they were able to determine that homes had been treated ( when sellers stated they had not. ) Everyone in the office is professional and friendly (Debbie, Nicole and Wendy) they truly care about their clients, and it shows! Jason has been our technician and he is amazing. If termites are present or if home has been previously treated, he will find it. Honestly, there are so few companies that stand out from the pack... BRIGHT PEST is one of them. Highly recommend their services!

Description of Work
Termite inspection.

01/28/2013

Rhonda P.

I think we pay $400 a year. They have people that work for them that we are not scared about having in our home; we feel safe. They are professional and are always on time, which is big. They give us a specific time usually not a range that you have sit around and wait for them to show up.

Description of Work
We use Bright Pest Control Co Inc for pest control services. They come four times a year whenever we need them to.

09/02/2012

Sandra P.

They insisted on payment upfront. Approximately half of the job was not completed because they ruptured the gas line to my pool heater. ( work order that they had me sign states that they were to be watch out for the pipes for the pool) Mr. Brite came out and assured me that they would take care of the damage and complete the job. They left me with the fire department and an LG&E representative who took turned off the gas and aired out the house and basement. When my realtor and I contacted them the next day, they told us that we had to show them the permit for the pool heater before they would fix it. So I had to contact the County Clerk's Office to get a copy of the permit. My realtor sent it to them. My realtor contacted them repeatedly, but they refused to talk to her. So she had to have their lawyer contact them. Their action was to contact BUD A WEEK AFTER their ruptured the pipe. The LG&E representative stated on his paperwork that they were responsible for the damage. The representative from BUD said that they called for their inspection AFTER the fact. When the BUD representative came out, he did not mark any of the area around the pool as being a problem, because the pool and the pool equipment plus the raised, cement patio is considered part of the house foundation. The gas pipe goes directly from the basement to the pool equipment. Brite employees were in the basement as part of their work. Their boss showed me around the basement before they started. The gas pipes in the basement are all in the open and easy to see. My realtor got bids from two plumbers: Both came in at $1400.00 Just so you know, my pool and all of its equipment was installed as a package deal from a very reputable company here in Louisville over five years ago and there has never been any problem with it.

Description of Work
Brite Pest Control came out for termite extermination. The cost for the unfinished job =$695.00 The damage to my home = $1400.00

06/25/2012

Russell C.

They didn't charge anything this time because they didn't take care of it for the first time. They are prompt because their contractor was friends with the owner. They are pretty quick and reasonable. The price was comparable. They are still going to come out until they take care of the ants.

Description of Work
Bright Pest Control Co Inc came and took care of the carpenter ants. I have a contract with them.

06/06/2012

Jan S.

They're dependable. We haven't had any issues with pests since.

Description of Work
Standard quarterly indoor & outdoor pest spray

05/15/2012

Patsy S.

My experience with Bright Pest is always fine. They are always courteous. My husband usually deals with them, so I haven't compared their service.

Description of Work
I use Bright Pest Control for pest control services. They come every year, and they were just here in March.

05/03/2012

Mary S.

I have been using them for years. The past couple of years I've been calling them for additional service for ants. I like that they actually work around my busy work schedule. They are persistent in getting me to schedule an appointment, which is a good thing. They are courteous and wear shoe covers. I'll continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
I use Bright Pest Control for pest control services. They come annually for termite control.

05/03/2012

Doris A.

I like their prompt care. When we bought our house the old pest control we used at our old house did not want to service the new house. Bright did so we use them. We have a guarantee with them. They are prompt and they call every year. We have a termite renewal with them so they come out and check everything.

Description of Work
I use Bright Pest Control for pest control.

03/26/2012

Helen B.

We have used them for years and we are very pleased with them.

Description of Work
I used Bright Pest Control about 1 year ago and my daughter currently has a contract with them.

03/23/2012

Constance J S.

Everything has been fine. I plan to continue to use them as my provider for pest control.

Description of Work
We use them for pest control services.

03/22/2012

Mary P.

Overall, we would rate them highly. We would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
We used Bright Pest Control to exterminate pest.

12/21/2011

RICHARD V.

The amount I paid them was for two different visits. They are there when they say they are going to be there and they do a fine job. They were very good.

Description of Work
I used Bright Pest Control to do two of my rental houses in the last two weeks.

07/15/2011

Jennifer P.

Everything was fine. We didn’t have any problems with this company. I found another company that was cheaper and decided to go with them.

Description of Work
They came out and sprayed for bugs.

04/19/2011

BARBARA T.

Everything went well. The technician was here for quite some time and did a thorough job. He accidentally sprayed a window, but he was kind enough to clean it off afterwards.

Description of Work
We have a problem with carpenter bees drilling holes in our detached garage and sunroom. They filled the holes and sprayed to kill the bees.

03/10/2011

Brandon A.

It was what I expected. I didn't think it was anything overly fantastic, but it wasn't bad either. They were pretty quick on responsiveness. They came when they said they were going to.

Description of Work
Bright Pest Control did a yearly termite inspection and maintenance check.

Action Pest Control Inc

Action Pest Control has always had one mission: to provide you with timely service and effective solutions from professionals you can trust. As one of the largest pest management firms in the Midwest region, Action provides commercial, industrial, and residential pest management services throughout Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois. The trained professionals at Action Pest Control are available to customize a program to fit your needs from any of our eight locations: Evansville, IN, Indianapolis, IN, Lexington, KY, Louisville, KY, Owensboro, KY, Jasper, IN, Terre Haute, IN, and Robinson, IL. Competing with over 15,000 registered companies, Action Pest Control has ranked among the top 100 companies nationwide since PCT Magazine began publishing the list in 2001. Action has also received numerous service-related awards including the Super Service Award from Angie's List, Reader's Choice Awards from multiple print publications, the Crown Leadership Award, and the Technician of the Year Award from the National Pest Management Association. To learn more about the services offered by Action Pest Control, please visit our website: actionpest.com.

Offers by Action Pest Control Inc on Angi
    Tailor Made Pest Control

We are a small local minority owned business proudly serving Southern Indiana, Louisville, and the surrounding areas.

Black Diamond

Black Diamond is the area's only full-service pest control company, offering a multitude of services that go beyond traditional "pest control." In addition to pest control, we eliminate bed bugs, nuisance animals, and termites. We have the area's only bed bug detecting dog teams, perform structural and termite damage repairs, and provide fungus and mold remediation / moisture control services. We even offer full water damage restoration services! Our turf and landscaping division has all the knowledge and equipment needed to make your yard greener than ever and your landscaping the envy of all the neighbors. Family Owned & Operated since 1940. Additional phones - (502) 585-1919, (812) 883-3044, (812) 738-8008. Additional service area: Crawford, Harrison & Scott Counties

Commercial & residential pest control including termites, carpenter ants and bees, wasps, hornets, ants, cockroaches, fabric pests, flies, rodents, spiders, stinging pests.

Animal removal.