We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Bone Dry Roofing & Masonry - Louisville

Founded 1989 • With Angi since February 2007

8130 New LaGrange Rd.

Louisville, KY 40222

Our Louisville roofing team is licensed, bonded and insured to take care of your home improvement needs. For 25 years, Bone Dry Roofing, Inc. has built its reputation as the premier roofing contractor across the Midwest. Our committed workforce strives to be the ultimate Louisville roofing and home

02/09/2022

Linda S.

They did several jobs for us. They were really good.

Description of Work
They put the gutters up and they did roofing.

10/27/2021

Herman H.

Very true, very professional, very complete

Description of Work
They put a new roof

Thank you for your review! We do appreciate your business.

09/22/2020

Maggie C.

I called three times for the estimate and never heard back.

Description of Work
Roofing.

[Member Name Removed], We did not find any leads from you on Angie's List? Bone Dry would love to give you an estimate and take care of you, if you could provide a phone number we will contact asap.

07/17/2020

Micheal L.

It went excellent!! Very professional and curtious. Would highly recommend Bone Dry Roofing!!!

Description of Work
Leaking section of a roof

Category gutter repair, roofing, basement waterproofing

Thanks for the review and recommendation!

05/28/2020

Robert K.

It went well. Job performed in a timely fashion and site was cleaned at conclusion of work. Workers were polite and hardworking.

Description of Work
Retaining wall rebuilt.

Category masonry, basement waterproofing

Thanks for the review!

01/23/2020

Chris T.

I had my roof inspected in New Albany Indiana and I was impressed with the level of communication including the automated text messages keeping me informed of the process that was interactive so I could reply yes I am still needing the visit. I received a call prior to the appointment to confirm. The results I got back were great news, they actually didn't sell me anything! They sent me multiple pictures of my roof and advised me on having gutter guards put on but other than that, it was a free inspection and I did not need a roof.

Description of Work
Roof inspection and estimate

Thank you for your review! We're happy to help out in any way- whether or not we get a sale. But, when you are ready for those gutter guards, we'll be ready!

12/14/2019

Julia C.

Downspouts were not sealed. I called 4 times and requested the work be finished. I was told the production manager would contact me but it never happened. I finally hired another party to complete the work.

Description of Work
replace old gutters and downspouts

Category gutter repair, roofing

Hey [Member Name Removed], we apologize for the lapse in communication! I know we were waiting to hear back from the city on your french drains and that must be where the communication fell through. I left you a voicemail- call us back anytime!

11/15/2019

Mark F.

Was contacted ahead of scheduled appointment that there was an opening the next day for repair work on my gutters. A time was agreed for work to be preformed, however they failed to show nor called to explain why they didn't appear. I had to call them to confirm that my original appointment was still good and that they would be there. On the scheduled date and time, again they never appeared. Called the office and was told they couldn't reach the production people but they would find out what was up and would call me back. They did not call. I called later and cancelled their work. NOT RELIABLE.

Description of Work
Replacement gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your patience and updating your Google review to say: "There was initially a scheduling error with Bone Dry Roofing which they fully acknowledged was their problem and took actions to correct in the future. After being contacted by Bone Dry Roofing the work was completed quickly to my satisfaction. The workers were friendly, efficient and cleaned up afterward. Pictures of the work prior to, during, and after were provide. After the initial issue with scheduling Bone Dry Roofing did everything you would expect from a company. The only reason that 5 stars were not given was due to the initial issues with the scheduling. The work performed was excellent."

09/04/2019

Ed .

Of the estimates I received, Bone Dry Roofing was the only company to look at my whole roof and in my attic. Took photos of all the issues and presented us with two estimates, and by far, having all of the roof vents repaired and sealed properly, even though their estimate on the leaking vent was middle range, made our decision to hire them a no brainer. The work was performed by two very skilled craftsmen, professional, engaging, and sociable. Even repaired some vinyl siding at no cost. Great company and worth the call out.

Description of Work
Roof Leaks

08/21/2019

David F.

This is one of the best experiences we have ever had with a contractor. From the initial inspection video that showed exactly what the problems were to the hard working masonry crew to the crew that did the flashing and roofing, these guys are simply the best. Throughout the project they sent regular reports on progress, with photos and videos. I would hire this contractor again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Rebuild 60 year old chimney.

Category masonry, roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

07/04/2019

Kevin P.

They did a flare at job came out on time and completed all repairs!!!!

Description of Work
Partial roof replacement over sun room and gutter repair.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your business! We appreciate it.

05/02/2019

Judy W.

They did a wonderful job and they worked so hard. I would highly recommend them and I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They put a new roof on, put vents in the eaves, put more insulation in, put a vent stack for a heater exhaust fan through the roof, and replaced some boards before starting the new roof.

01/09/2019

BRENDA M T.

Bone-Dry is such a great provider; I'd give them an A+ if I could. I've used Bone-Dry numerous times and have always found them to be punctual, reliable, professional, and helpful--work is never completed just to get it done any old way. Bone-Dry's workers always go the extra mile and never seem to mind if you ask questions. Bone-Dry NEVER adds mystery charges--even when weather keep them from being able to complete a job when originally scheduled. Not only that, if later problems are discovered; Bone-Dry cheerfully sends help! Bone-Dry is always reasonably priced and worth the money.

Description of Work
Installation of Gutter Covers and Gutter Cleaning

10/26/2018

George M.

started calling at the beginning of October, never received a response form local team only had calls answered by the main HQ. Asked multiple times for local team callback and never received a call. they finally showed up for scheduled repair on October 26th and stated this was only a quote inspection. Now another delay...not responsive (in the past years they were responsive and returned calls)

Description of Work
repair 3" hole in shed roof

[Member Name Removed], Apologies for any delays! Please give us a call at the office at 502-425-2928 or me personally (Branch Manager) at 502-802-9550. Thanks

10/23/2018

Timothy M.

Really good experience! The crew was prompt, courteous, and professional in providing an estimate. Their price was also reasonable in comparison to other estimates I looked at. I decided to go with another company, but it was a hard decision as they were similar

Description of Work
estimate for attic insulation

08/06/2018

Jeffrey W.

They are excellent, on time, worth the cost and use a superior product.

Description of Work
They did a roof installation.

07/09/2018

Adele P.

I have used Bone Dry for 3 other jobs since December 2017, two involving leaks and one the attic insulation. This review covers the most recent job of 2 days ago (7/6/18) – installation of a new roof and ridge vent, since the attic/roof ventilation needed to be brought up to standards. (BTW, I researched everything before hiring anyone – customer reviews, types of shingles & vents, and installation processes.) I like Bone Dry’s whole approach to evaluating what's needed for an estimate, and the work quality has been tops in all instances. Phil Bauman is with whom I’ve been working in all cases. He’s quite knowledgeable, takes time to listen and answer all questions, and does the most thorough evaluation for an estimate I’ve ever seen. I did get the requisite 3 or 4 estimates from other equally well-rated companies. However, my previous experiences with this company were very positive and I wanted to stay with them, if I could. So even though Bone Dry was the highest estimate, Phil was willing to work with me and able to make it happen, and I’m very pleased. The team arrived as scheduled. They took care to cover windows with large boards propped over them, and the immediate area on the ground with a large tarp. After completion, everything was cleaned up perfectly, and they left an unopened pack of shingles for me to have on hand “just in case”. I also want to share that during the process, Christian Carmona (team leader) kept us (BDR’s owner, the production mgr, Phil, and myself) updated on progress with group texts & photos taken before, during, and after the job. Photos included the bad deck boards in situ and then the newly replaced boards, every other step of installation, and of course, several shots from various angles of the completed roof, and one of myself sitting on the front porch. :-) As you can probably guess, I highly recommend Bone Dry Roofing.

Description of Work
Roof replacement and installation of ridge ventilation

07/03/2018

Eric H.

It went really well. Finding a good roofer is not easy, but Bone Dry did a really great job... in fact it was a perfect job. Ice and water shield applied, flashing re-installed and exact shingle type, style and color replaced. They sent me pictures throughout the entire repair process. They are not the lease expensive out there, but do you really want to cheap out on your roof?! Everything in your world sits under it. Zero issues for months now, with a number of significant monsoon type rains.

Description of Work
Refresh and seal chimney around roof

04/12/2018

Gregg H.

I started the process months ago getting estimates and contacting roofers. Bone Dry came out twice because they had different estimators for roofing and masonry. I received all my quotes, went with Bone Dry, even though they were the most expensive because I wanted one project manager and a headache free experience with getting my work done. Feb 19, I email my sales guy with the work that I selected and told him I wanted to move forward. Never heard from him. Called him. Never heard from him. Texted, mailed him again on March 1. Got confirmation email back on March 1, ok, you will hear from our PM today. Next contact I get after another follow-up is March 14. Adoon, the project manager, leaves me a voicemail asking if they could come out the next day. I got back into town too late to call. The 15th, I get a call just before 8. Voicemail, Adoon has been trying to reach me. Can they come out that afternoon? I called him back, and after he complained about trying to reach me (cell phone man, phone calls are tracked, it took a day to reach me), he asked again if they could come out. I said, well sure. But, hey wasn't the mason supposed to come first and didn't the tuckpointing need curing time? No, we can do your chimney next. Buddy, I am not having any chimney work done. Are you sure you understand my project? Heads up, now that this is a concern of mine, I haven't seen a contract or any paperwork for financing? He says, I will reach out to your sales guy, and then call you back with a schedule. You and I both know that this guy never called again. I did get an email on the March 19th from my sales guy with the financing forms. That was the last time I heard from the company. never heard again from adoon or sales. I finally sent a note on April 9th and said I lost confidence and am looking for other roofers. Never heard back from that either.

Description of Work
Masonry, flashing, rolled out roof

Category masonry, roofing

03/15/2018

Herman H.

As part of removing the brick wall, Masonry Craftsman Joe Kreger carefully sawed the ends of both the south-facing and north-facing brick walls to match the new siding. The most critical part was creating a waterproof transition from the first story shingled roof to the vinyl siding. Repair Specialist Edgar Cordova removed the topmost row of shingles all the way across the roof. Then he sawed out an approximately ten inches wide strip of the underlying Oriented Strand Board (OSB) all the way across the wall; replacing this with new OSB. Next he over-lapped the existing roofing felt with a new layer (extending well up the wall) of “Snow Parrish felt, sealing all the seams. He then placed a row of new shingles. Finally he formed and installed a continuous sheet of flashing from the front (south) side of the house to the back (north) side; carefully caulking all the edges. Finally the siding was deftly mounted over the top edge of the flashing and all the way up to the top of the gable. Each step was very carefully executed and the result is a very attractive, water-proof wall. A few of the bricks of the north-facing brick wall needed to be replaced. Masonry Craftsman Joe Kreger returned for this touch up. His work is a perfect match to the existing wall and he artistically matched a décor feature used at each window by the original mason. We were continually reminded to call, by each crew chief, if we had any need for additional work to complete the job to our total satisfaction. My opinion: You can pay more, but you cannot buy better workmanship.

Description of Work
Bone Dry Roofing & Masonry did a flawless repair of our home’s second-story-gable brick wall. They removed the cracking brick wall and replaced it with heavy-duty vinyl siding.

Category masonry, roofing, siding

03/01/2018

Adele P.

This is really 2 reviews in 1, as I had Bone Dry come out for 2 different jobs, and I'm just now getting around to writing up a review. The cost of service is the total of the 2. Separately, they were: roof repair - $1080 / N-49 insulation - $2988. I have also attached some 'before' (by me) and 'after' pictures (by Bone Dry). I was impressed when Philip Baumann did his evaluation. I had just gotten an estimate from another company (recommended to me by my insurance agent) whose rep had looked at my photos, and then climbed on a chair on the back porch to eyeball the area of missing shingles [around a vent]. Philip declined to look at my photos, instead choosing to set up his ladder and, climbing up onto the roof, inspected the leaking area AND the entire roof, took his own photos AND videos, came back in, went up into the attic, inspected the water stains, evaluated the insulation while he was up there, came back down, reviewed the photos & videos with me, suggested what needed to be done, and gave me a verbal estimate within 15 minutes. I had the written estimate via email within the hour (appointment at 10; email by 1130). Also, he offered to have someone come out and put up a tarp to cover the area around the vent until we could schedule a time for the repair work. That repair was done around Jan 2nd, which, by the way, included fixing up the nearby vents that were starting to look a bit dicey. The guys took photos of the repairs as they were working, and the office later emailed them to me. How cool is that! Feb 12, Bone Dry took care of my attic insulation, taking it from 4" & bare spots to a well-covered level R49 (17"). Cory and Adam couldn't have been nicer, and they were very knowledgeable, answering questions I didn't know to ask until I watched them working. So yeah, I highly recommend Bone Dry Roofing.

Description of Work
Roof repair and attic insulation

Category insulation, roofing

01/15/2018

Jack W.

Service rep made thorough inspection, identified problems and prepared repair estimate. Work was scheduled as soon as weather permitted. Work crew was prompt, efficient and clean.

Description of Work
Identified and repaired leaks in roof.

12/29/2017

Jay H.

How shall I start? I don't particularly care myself for long reviews, so I’ll cut it short. I could write a book on how great I think Bone Dry Roofing Company is, they were professional from start to finish. Dealing with Adoon and Philip was a pleasure, they are just great guys!!! They worked up an estimate for our church which included roofing, gutters and the tuck point. There was a different crew for each area of work and different good supervisors along the way. Some stood out more than others for the their excellent work. They would inform us/me of the project and the progress of the work by email, text and photos. This was very handy when I wasn’t able to be on location. Each crew knew their work and what they were there to do. They kept the job site safe and cleaned up after work daily. They were very helpful and willing to answer any questions we would have. I even had an opportunity to speak personally with the general manager, (L.L.) and by text with the owner, (G.J.). I informed him that he had a great company that he should be proud of; their Louisville location especially. To tell you the truth, Bone Dry Roofing is a company I would be proud to own myself, but I doubt I would be able to run it as well as the present owner. I would certainly recommend Bone Dry Roofing to anyone. Thanks again to Bone Dry Roofing for the great work and to the many crew members and supervisors who worked on this project.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters with tuck point

Category gutter repair, masonry, roofing

11/16/2017

Daniele R.

Justin arrived early and completed a very thorough inspection of the roof and the attic. He explained in detail what area he inspected and the state of the roof/attic. In his analysis he demonstrated competence and professionalism, I'll definitely call them again should my roof need maintenance/repair or replacement.

Description of Work
Inspection of roof and attic

11/13/2017

Bart B.

Very well. Jose discussed my options in detail and provided expert opinion for the most cost effective solution to the problem while also matching my existing roof. He responded to my calls and concerns promptly. Repair tech Edgar was very professional and skilled, also taking the time to address my concerns. He had no problem with me joining him up on the roof a few times (my ladder) to see how it was going. The repair was quite a bit of work, going late into the day, but he made sure it was done right. Great documentation including before, during, and after photos. I am practically a total do-it-yourselfer and a retired engineering manager. I know quality, professionalism, and service. I got all with Bone Dry and am very satisfied.

Description of Work
Had a roof leak in a low slope area at bottom of steep valley. Repair required installation of special water barrier under the shingles. New singles were then installed over the barrier. All old shingles and debris were removed and areas cleaned up.