AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems

Founded 1973 • With Angi since October 2007

4.1

4419 POPLAR LEVEL RD

Louisville, KY 40213

RESIDENTIAL REMODELING SPECIALIST SERVING THE KENTUCKIANA AREA FOR OVER 40 YEARS. FAMILY OWNED AND ON STAFF EMPLOYEES PERFORM THE WORK. CLEAN, NEAT AND POLITE CREWS THAT ARE WELL TRAINED AND HAVE OVER 10 YEARS OF REMODELING EXPERIENCE EACH. IN HOUSE 3-D DESIGN SERVICES SO YOU CAN EASILY VISUALIZE

11/28/2016

frederick H.

I guess my project wasn't big enough for them so I never heard back from them, even after he stressed to me to let him know if I wanted to move forward. Hard to make that decision when you never get a price, if they didn't want to do my project would have been need if he would have just said so.

Description of Work
I was getting a quote on my basement.

Category basement remodeling

03/24/2016

Robert J.

Description of Work
Excellent remodeling company.

12/10/2015

Cheryl G.

I was very pleased with the finished bathroom. The bathroom was very outdated, and was leaking into my basement. The remodel included completely rebuilding a walk-in shower, replacing the floor and all fixtures, redoing some of the electrical components. There was no high-pressure sales tactics - I got 2 other estimates from high-pressure salesmen for companies that did not come close in price for quality. The job went exactly as guaranteed, from the initial consultation to completion. They kept my home as neat as possible and cleaned up daily. They even fixed an unrelated problem that came up in my other bathroom! I have already committed to a kitchen remodel with AWS.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

05/31/2014

Bobbi H.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel. Very professional, excellent result. Would happily request their services again.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, hardwood floor, plumbing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling

03/06/2014

Nannez W.

they were supposed to do kitchen remodel. I paid them and never saw any work. I had to contact a lawyer and the company cancelled the contract and never refunded my money.

Description of Work
nothing

01/29/2014

Patricia T.

- the job went very well -- they are neat, efficient and stay with the job from start to finish

Description of Work
replaced large vanity sink and faucet, removed shower door, removed whole house fan in hallway ceiling and patched ceiling drywall, had blown-in fiberglass insulation put in attic -

06/26/2013

Wesley G.

It was easy enough to book an appointment with AWS, a simple email with a phone call back secured my appointment for June 25th at 6:00 pm. Rick Cook met us at our house right on time. We went down into the basement to show the space that needed to be finished and after discussing some wants he proceeded to explain to me how they were going to do it (and he began repeating basically everything by code such as using the treated base plate, studs every 16and quot; for walls, cheap fiber glass insulation instead of two component spray foam insulation. etc..). After I told him, yeah that is all by code and he learned that we previously finished our previous house's basement (approximately 1250 square feet) Rick asked us if we were prepared to spend the money to finish this one professionally. He said it would start at $65 per square foot and go up from there. Doing some quick math at approximately 1000 square feet, that means this job is starting at $65,000 and only going up from there. When I inquired about an egress window he told me that was a $7000 option. At some point Rick started to tell me that he builds for attorneys, the local plumbing inspector, and still to this day I am unsure if he was telling me that they offer high quality work, that I cannot afford their services, or a combination of the two. I know my wife and I aren't very old, I am 34 and she is 31 but our gross annual income exceeds $220K. I know I can afford their services, I just don't want to get ripped off in the process of finishing this project. Last year I had a bids on our house from a reputable builder that quoted us $20K LESS. The total amount of square feet to be finished was just shy of 1000 and this included adding a bathroom (our basement currently IS NOT roughed in for the plumbing), a wet bar, and some custom build-ins. I hope I am not too harsh, I guess I am still just a little disappointed from the encounter. My wife and I plan on some major renovations to our house over the next 1 to 5 years so I was hoping I could find one contractor to continue to build a relationship with as we renovate our house. I guess I will just have to keep looking.

Description of Work
My wife and I briefly met with Jim Cook of AWS at my house to give me a quotation for finishing my basement and converting the upstairs formal living room into an office/library.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

June 28, 2013 Dear [Member name removed], The following response to your review of our price quote follows, since your review is open to potential customers I find it necessary to form the response in the following manner: For those Angie’s List members who rely on these reviews as being a determining factor in making choices for their remodeling needs, I would like to respond by describing my business. All Weather Systems is the Corporate parent of AWS Remodeling & Design, established in 1973 and I became owner of the business in 1980. My two sons manage the construction crews, and each works on–site during all of our remodels. They are highly trained and very much engaged in customer relations. We are 30 year members of the Better Business Bureau With an A+ rating and support their endeavors to make the remodeling industries image an honorable one. Memberships include: HBAL, NKBA, and other related organizations. Our workers are full time employees with benefit packages pursuant to employ quality people. They are not sub-contractors which are very little or no additional cost to a company. We pay employment taxes and carry all applicable insurance on our employees. We carry liability insurance which protects homeowners if some accident might occur on-site. Over the last thirty three years of running the business my interest has been in the functional design of kitchens, master baths and those types of projects. We do in house design, have cabinetry lines from basic box cabinets, made in America, a better grade than offered at the big box lumber stores. We have cabinet lines with hundreds of door styles, finishes and options. We also have fully custom cabinets in virtually all woods available, painted and glazed finishes. Now that you are informed that we are a well-established company which takes our responsibility to our clients very seriously, I can respond to the review: Upon receiving the notice from Angie’s List that we had a “new review” and reading the report, I asked Rick Koch, my Sales Representative, to discuss with me the events that took place during the appointment. Rick has been a trustworthy business associate for over 25 years, his description of the type and range of clients we have served was most certainly his means of telling you that we perform quality work for our clients. His appointment report is as follows: As stated he arrived on time, and you discussed the basement finishing and the adding of a bathroom requested. Rick then described the project as we would perform it, which most clients appreciate. It is his responsibility to inquire as to the budget planned for the renovation. He was given a figure of $35,000.00 which is far less than what we charge for finishing 1000 sq. ft. with a full three pc bath, all of the electrical work , jack hammer for rough-in plumbing , HVAC, lighting, trim, flooring, painting, bath fixtures, tile work, and finished out with higher end materials. When he replied that your budget was awfully low, Rick told me you said that you had a builder friend you had known for 10 years who had given you the lower estimate. Rick informed me that at that time he told you in a friendly manner that if you felt comfortable with this person and had known him for such a long time, there was no point in us going further. As our price ran in the range of $ 50.00 per sq. ft. finished out with higher end materials plus the bathroom and depending on their selections it could go up from there. Which it can, if you make fixture and tile selections above our allowances as some clients have, so yes, jobs can go up from what is quoted at the beginning, if a client so chooses. Your description of the fiber glass insulation as being “Cheap” seems somewhat strange as I would estimate that over 90% of homes being built today have the same wall insulation and that foam is an optional upgrade. Regarding the Egress window estimate of $7,000.00, Rick said you informed him the number was in line with other quotes. Rick told me he wished you luck on your remodel and felt you parted ways in a friendly manner. So, I can only say that I am at a quandary as to the nature of such a “Review” when the responsiveness, professionalism, and punctuality were all rated as an “A” and the Rough estimate of $ 50.00 per sq. ft. plus adding the price for a bath was rated as a “D” when I have no way of knowing if the quote that you seem to think is correct is from a legitimate company or an individual working out of his truck with little or no overhead and may only work for the cost of his labor. It is a gamble that some people are willing to take. From my point of view, and the many times we have been called to finish a project that their “Contractor” walked away from or didn’t finish or had done more harm than good to their home, it isn’t a wise choice. What does alarm me is the $ 35,000.00 figure is approximately 60% to 75% lower than the 2013 Cost v/s Value report for Louisville, Ky. compiled by Remodeling Magazine, for a similar basement remodel when adjusted for more square footage and an upgraded bathroom and finishes. Anyone interested can view this report on cost of various remodel projects with detailed descriptions, by going to: http://www.remodeling.hw.net/2013/costvsvalue/national.aspx and selecting the East South Central region and then click on Louisville, KY. These figures are based on interviews with reputable remodelers all across the country and used by Real Estate firms, mortgage bankers and the like. Comparing our rough price,(prior to a full drawing of plans and approval)which is virtually 30% less than the report suggest is the expected price to pay for a lesser quality of material type basement finish job, they received a very fair estimate. So all I can say is, we charge a legitimate price and have never “Gouged” anyone. Thank you for the opportunity to respond to a somewhat negative review as you have no experience with our company other than getting a legitimate estimate or any direct knowledge of the level of our work. I have shown photos of several of our jobs on our web-site, all of the re views are unsolicited letters from our clients, I regret that you felt it necessary to make us out to be an un- reputable company by posting your review. I sincerely hope that whatever business you are employed in, it is not open to such price related reviews, it is simply a wrong thing to do to a company who has done you no harm, other than try to respond to request from you . Shame on you. Respectfully submitted, Sarah Hartmann President AWS Remodeling & Design

12/20/2012

JOHN S.

The project was completed in four days and the finished bathroom was done just as we agreed upon. The result was as we anticipated and looks very nice. We are very satisfied. The street name below is Davinhurst Ct. (you've spelled it wrong.)

Description of Work
re-model bathroom; remove tub, camode, and flooring; install shower, camode, new flooring; all ceramic. Re-use sink, do all plumbibg required, trim out and patch walls as required.

Category home remodeling

Thank you so very much for the kind comments and taking time to write up your report so close to Christmas, knowing you must be very busy. Greg, Kevan and Nigel said you were a pleasure to work with. Rick will be out soon to take some "After" photos and show our appreciation. Have a wonderful Holiday season. Sarah and everyone here at AWS.

10/10/2011

Karin R.

When they come in they give you an estimate but they did not follow the bid very well. We don't feel they were honest with us. They could have done the work in a couple of days but they only worked several hours a day so it took longer. The tile work is beautiful but they left our old door on because they said a new one was not in the contract. Everything except the tile work is lousy and I will not use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used AWS Remodeling & Design Division of All Weather Systems to remodel my bathroom.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, home remodeling, doors

In response to the report given by the member, I can only say we have no record of a service call or complaint on the quality of work or materials. As to our not following the “bid” very well, we write a detailed contract and followed it completely. I cannot imagine what she is referring to that we were not honest with them. They were a “referral from another client” I have no information as to what she is dissatisfied with regarding the remark that everything else is “Lousy” as we take pride in offering good quality products, not cheap imitations from the “Big Box” stores. The client did question the job supervisor whether or not they got a new door for the bathroom and were informed that no door had been included in the quote or listed in our detailed contract. We received no further questions regarding the door. I assure you that if they had mentioned they wanted a new door we would have certainly quoted them for one. It is rare for a new bathroom door to be requested when we are remodeling a bathroom, in fact I can’t recall a job that included one, other than when we are enlarging a door opening for a handicapped bathroom access. Regarding the time spent on performing a full bathroom remodel: This job included tear out of fixtures, old tile, soffits and discovery and repair of additional work, new drywall, new custom shower pan and tile surround with marble shelves and curb, a pedestal sink and custom shower door. I have checked the time sheets on the crew that performed the job, we show a total of 53 hours on the job, over seven & ½ days, for a complete bathroom remodel, that we also painted. As is the case with many people who aren’t knowledgeable in construction process, they are unaware of the need for drywall mud to dry prior to setting tile, for the mastic to dry prior to grouting the tile, etc. There are days on a remodel when we must pull off in order for these things to happen. It may have been an oversight on the part of our sales representative not to have advised the client of the nature of the process. It is an education process and they should have been told. In no case a full bath with tile and painting and discovery of additional problems to overcome would it have been any shorter time to complete such a project. It is more often that we are praised on the timeliness of our installs and not told we took too long. Sincerely, Sarah Hartmann President

09/26/2011

Cindy V.

All work was excellent and the staff professional. I absolutely love the finished work. It did take a little longer to finish than I was hoping for and they were more expensive than the other vendors we obtained estimates from. But their attention to detail and quality makes it worthwhile. And I can trust them to get the job done to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
AWS remodeled our master bedroom (which included replacing our ceiling and installing a wood floor) and replaced our ceiling and bath tile/shower door in our bathroom. In the past they have also remodeled our kitchen and utility room, built shelves in our living room and installed new windows and vinyl siding on our house.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

10/24/2007

Steve K.

The representative came to our house and looked at the kitchen and back porch. He asked us a few questions. We then scheduled a meeting to look at drawings at their location. We looked at the the drawings, but the price was higher than we could afford (although not out of line) and they did not address the back porch, which was the highest priority since the roof was leaking. There appeared to be some communication breakdowns, which was probably equally our fault and their fault. In the end we did not use them because we did not get a comfortable feeling from their representative and because they did not address our major concern, which was the porch. They wanted to contract the kitchen and then when they "got into" the porch they would talk to us about how much it would cost to replace it.

Description of Work
Were interested in remodeling our kitchen including new cabinets, counter tops, flooring and replacing our back porch.

Category countertops, decks, flooring contractor, woodworking, home remodeling

Good Morning, Apparently I am a bit behind on responding to this person's 2007 report on our company. Having been in business since 1973, the world of internet advertising and Blogs and the like are pretty foreign to me. I must say I am at a loss as to the report given. We pride ourselves on not being aggressive in the sales approach and work diligently to offer high value for the dollars invested in a clients home. Needless to say, even though we keep detailed records of our appointments and jobs performed, I have little detailed information as to the flow of this particular appointment. He listed that he had purchased from us previously so I wanted to check the records on what was purchased. We have everything from 1990 forward on the computer and he was not listed there, I then checked the old registers that go back to 1973 and there was no record of his name, so I cannot comment there. Our original lead write up said appointment was for a "Kitchen remodel" with no mention of any porch work. So I cannot offer any explanation as to where the mis-information began. I can only say we always try our best to entertain any work a client shows an interest in that is within our field of expertise. We have never prompted our clients to respond to internet grading services, as we have not been aware of the impact of a single sales call, that would list our company with a rating of average or "C", when we have a book full of letters from our clients praising the work we do on virtually every job we complete. We are very seldom the lowest price because we offer only full service quality materials and services. We offer a "Turn Key" approach to our projects. Our crews are all extensively trained for the job of working in an owner occupied home and the work ethic it takes to perform an exceptional job while the client is living around the construction site. We take extra precautions to contain the mess and install door and floor protection on our jobs. Our crews also have a minimum of 20 years for the Supervisors who also perform at least half of the work and even the assistants have a minimum of 5 years of construction experience. These crew members are all employees of the company and not sub-contractors. In this period of economic depression a small business such as ours certainly cannot allow a perspective client to overlook our services based on a quick scan and only see the "C" rating and move on. If there is any way that we can show to you our clients reports, I would be most eager to correct this "C" rating which came from a person that only had an appointment with our company and no real experience with our services. I can only imagine how many valid appointments we may have missed due to this one report. I am also rather at a loss that I had to find this on my own, some four years after the fact, and was not contacted by your verification team when the report was first posted, so that I could have responded in a more timely fashion and changed the view of so many prospects. Looking forward to your reply, Sincerely, Sarah Hartmann President AWS Remodeling & Design Louisville, Ky. 40213 502-458-7313

CK Flooring

We are a small family owned business. We have 10 years experience in flooring installation and we can take care of all your flooring needs, from wholesale pricing on quality products, to tear out and installation. We pride ourselves in quality work done efficiently. Our team is extremely knowledgeable on many different types of flooring, and will help you make the best decision for your next home flooring project. CK FLOORING-Turning houses into homes one at a time.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

BHC

We are a veteran owned and operated home remodeling company specializing in roofing and siding throughout the greater Louisville, Kentucky area and southern Indiana. We are fully licensed & insured and have 20+ years of experience in the roofing and siding industry. We take pride in continuously serving our community through quality workmanship and reliable service. We guarantee professionalism, integrity and excellent customer service with quick turnaround times on your projects. Whether you are in need of a new deck, roof, siding, gutters, windows, or flooring, no one beats our pricing!

2022 Super Service Award

John Walton Flooring

Installation of hardwood flooring, Laminate flooring and lvp - Give us a call or click to request a quote today!

WATERPROOFING BASEMENTS, HVAC REPLACEMENT, ROOFING,

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems

How is AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems overall rated?

AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems is currently rated 4.1 overall out of 5.

What days are AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems open?

AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems is open:

What payment options does AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems provide

AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems offer free estimates?

Ask AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems for details on free project estimates.

Does AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems offer a senior discount?

No, AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems?

Yes, AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems offers warranties.

What services does AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems offer?

AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems offers the following services: FULL LINE REMODELING WITH SIX DIFFERENT LINES OF CABINETRY TO OFFER, FROM ECONOMY LINES TO FULLY CUSTOM LINES. KITCHEN RENOVATIONS, BATHROOM REMODELS, BASEMENT FINISHING, ATTIC CONVERSIONS, CUSTOM DECKS, PORCHES, SUN ROOMS, SIDING, ENERGY EFFICIENT REPLACEMENT WINDOWS, REPLACEMENT ENTRY DOORS, PATIO COVERS, CARPORTS ALL IN MANY DIFFERENT STYLES AND FINISHES. AWS CAN OPEN UP WALLS FOR TODAY'S STYLES. WE HAVE THE EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIZE IN WORKING ON OLDER HOMES. REFERENCES ARE AVAILABLE.

Are there any services AWS Remodeling & Design Div of All Weather Systems does not offer?

WATERPROOFING BASEMENTS, HVAC REPLACEMENT, ROOFING,