Atlas Siding & Window Co

Founded 1983 • With Angi since June 2006

Family owned & operated since 1983. Additional email - sarah@atlaswindows.com. Additional contact name - Chuck Story....

Improveit! Home Remodeling - Columbus

Improve Your Home with Confidence We’re so glad you’ve found Improveit Home Remodeling as you research your next remodeling project! At Improveit, we put you, your lifestyle, and your budget at the forefront of a five-star remodeling experience. Here’s how: - Our expert design consultants help you choose exactly the right products, colors, finishes, and fixtures to achieve your design goals. - Flexible home improvement financing options help ensure your project fits as perfectly in your budget as it does in your home. - Our responsive, local remodeling teams work with your busy schedule to complete most projects in three days or less! - With impeccable clean-up at the end of every day, your stylish new bathroom and beautiful, energy-efficient windows will be the only evidence Improveit was ever there. - Every bathroom and window we install comes with a full, transferrable lifetime warranty, we will be there – any time you need us. At Improveit, our worry-free, five-star remodeling experience has inspired countless customers to work with us for project after project. We can’t wait to show you, like them, what it’s like to improve your home with confidence.

Distinctive Design Remodeling

Whether you are looking to increase your living and storage space or simply improve the beauty of your home, the home remodeling experts at Distinctive Design Remodeling are here for you. Established in 2007 in Lexington, KY, we have been serving Central Kentucky with unparalleled customer service and dedication for several years, and we are fully equipped to take care of any and all of your home remodeling needs.

Remove, Restore, Refresh

Remove, Restore, Refresh is locally owned and operated out of the Louisville, KY area. The name says it all. We are a one stop shop for all of your construction needs. Our staff will leave you feeling good about opening your front door every day. We offer a wide range of exterior home services and would love to see what your home needs today! As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today

01/08/2018

Excellent. Chuck Story had some great ideas for the doors, and we customized the rear entrance. Martin and his team of installers were a joy to work with. Very efficient, clean, and organized. One of the few companies I have used twice for the same services, in different homes. Great firm to deal with.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows and doors. Customized rear entrance.

Category replacement windows

12/11/2017

Excellent. Work finished and completely cleaned all work areas. House is so much warmer with new doors and triple pane windows. Second time I have used them and they are the best in the business.

Description of Work
Replaced 21 windows and all outside doors.

Category siding,replacement windows,doors

Thank you so much!

03/13/2017

Have worked with Chuck Story in the past and he is very professional with great home interior design ideas. I had the pleasure of having Martin and his team install the windows and doors. Excellent job. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows and doors in the house. Remodel back entrance.

Category gutter repair,siding,replacement windows,doors

Thank you so much for the kind review!

11/04/2016

Chuck Story's staff was completing a job nearby and were glad to come over to my house and finish the job they started over a year earlier. They had no problem coming over to finish the wall section that was never finished. Les, his Son and Mike were. Rey congenial as always. Can't say enough about them finishing the job. This crew are the best craftsmen and have the best work ethics. It's a shame...

Description of Work
Wrote a bad review about me after I spoke the truth about his unprofessionalism. Stated his crew didn't want to finish my house. I just had to go around Mr. Story. I talked to the crew at neighbors' project and they were more than happy to come over the next morning and finish my house.

Category siding

My men went back to Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s because myself and my men had a discussion about it when we were working at a neighbors home in fall of 2016. We all agreed that maybe if we fix the issue, which was caused by a storm and not from our job that was completed in February of 2014, Mr. [Member Name Removed] would stop making all of these negative comments. I am the one that supplied the ...

11/01/2016

Mr. Stories workers are not the problem. He is. He lies. His workers have visited me while working nearby and have stated "Chuckie" is his own worse enemy. They told me Story has trashed neighbors he has communicated with behind their back. They have told me of jobs Story has made them walk off of. I still have a wall section and trim behind bushes unfinished to which I paid to be finished. He nev...

Description of Work
He did not finish my exterior and it is a year later. He has bullied his way out of completion, warranty work and his quote to do Hail Damage repairs. Have spent approx. $25,000.00 and had approx $10,000 quoted for hail damage and insurance company said he submitted approx. 70% more work than was damaged.

Category siding

09/26/2016

Atlas Siding / Chuck Story I have had very bad experiences with Chuck Story. Spending nearly $25,000 last year on the outside of my home taught me about his personality disorders. I will advise other people to avoid dealing with Chuck Story / Atlas Siding at all costs. His promises to start and complete projects were never correct. He started my home exterior late and finished months after his initial promises. When he had not installed my Windows months after doing the complete outside he told me to "get someone else if I didn't like it". He puts profitability over customer relations. I had hail damage this year. Called Atlas/Story and wanted my original contractor to do repairs so warranty will remain in force. In May , Story wrote he will be 8 weeks (around mid August) out to repair and quoted the damage for almost $10,000. I waited for his follow-up and had my insurance adjustor review damage and submitted Atlas/Story's bid. The insurance adjustor came and stated the job should be less than $3,000! In May Story wrote he WOULD meet with the adjustor, if needed. In September he would NOT take time to meet with my adjustor as they had a disagreement how to fix. I then found myself having to start all over trying to repair his new siding with a different contractor. He became belligerent when I tried to get him to meet with my adjustor and just work out their differences. That afternoon a neighbor called Story to get a deck planking quote and Story met him within two days. When Asked why he had time for neighbor and not my adjustor he sent me the following discouraging message . He stated if my adjustor wanted to drop everything, he could give him a couple minutes only when he meets to sell a deal at my neighbor's the next day. Well, my adjustor found that arrogance upsetting and couldn't change his next day's schedule just to meet the demands of Chuck Story. Story further wrote he would now be 10 MORE weeks out to start work (18 weeks from initial time quoted!) and when I told him I thought he was messing with me he wrote and I quote: "Didn't like working for you. You always want something for nothing and it gets annoying. I've met with you Scott. Gave u a price on the damage. I will say again...your insurance company or adjuster is not going to care what I have to say. The material is either damaged or it's not. It's not my job to fight your insurance company. I'll get you the colors and they can recommend someone else to do the work" He crushed me.... His willingness to leave me hanging a second time, MAKE HORRIBLE ACCUSATIONS was very stressful. I had already waited several months to appease him to do the project. I had even given several hundred dollars Christmas bonus gifts to his workers during my home's exterior replacement, trying to be a great customer!!! I had paid for everything he asked and then some. I had waited for months on end with his late schedules. Then he scorns me in writing when I'm just trying to get him to meet and explain together with me and the adjustor his quote ! Clearly, I understood when Chuck Story said: "he either wants to do all the work he quoted or none", it came true. It became obvious again he just cares about making a lot of money and not about customer care. The most unprofessional hot headed man I have ever done business with. Several of my neighbors have used him also. He did not complete one side of a home here because he got in a confrontational situation with their neighbor and walked away, twice. Chuck Story has written Atlas "doesn't want to do business in our neighborhood (Cardinal Harbour) anymore". ( unless he can make a killing it seems) Yet, in another neighborhood, a family friend had to sue him over a new sunroom due to his bad attitude when it came to solving their problems. Sooooo.... Would you do business with this man? Respectfully submitted to save others from this man's bad habits. J. Scott Pullem

Description of Work
Complete exterior replaced and new hail damage repairs.

Category siding contractor

02/25/2016

Atlas does a great job of selling their quality of windows and install services. However, after $10,000+ in window repairs due to an inefficient install process directly linked to the window install and confirmed by 4 independent sources (licensed contractors, property adjuster and Paul Davis restoration), it is clear this is a company that you need to stay away from. They do not meet industry standards of wrapping and sealing your Windows and believes this is normal. The problem is water will come directly into your house over time causing dry rot and mold which you won't see unless you expose the space under your windows. Their warranties do not hold true and they will not help make things right rather they will point you to their attorney. Unless you want thousands of dollars in repairs and a large attorney bill, I'd stay as far away from them as possible. This is my first review I have ever written and I'm writing because I don't want you to experience what we have along with several of our neighbors who used their services.

Description of Work
Install all new windows in the front of our house.

01/29/2015

Chuck Story with Atlas windows was very patient and accommodating throughout the process. He came by the house multiple times to review options, provide pricing, measurements, and ordered sample windows for us to see. They kept us up to date on the process. The team that he sent to work on the house was exceptional. They were true professionals, and we felt very comfortable with them working on our home. They kept us up to date on the time it was going to take. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installation of new windows throughout home.

09/29/2014

The sales person was prompt and we met and a price was given and accepted. I paid a deposit and was told the work would be done in 3 weeks. That was on May 4th 2014. As of early August no work was done, and was told there was a problem on another job and that they would get to it the next week. We had to call them again in mid September, the work was finally done the following week. Very poor customer service for this job.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters and downspouts.

Category gutter repair contractor","window installer

05/30/2014

Great salesman, pleased with windows and did a great job installing windows.

Description of Work
Installed 8 double hung low E vinyl windows.

Category window installer

Replacement windows, bay & bow windows, siding, trim, gutters, gutter guard, soffit, room enclosures, entry doors, storm doors, decks, retractable awning, retractable screens, acrylic bath & shower systems.

Check, Financing Available