Atlas Siding & Window Co

Founded 1983 • With Angi since June 2006

8012 National Tpke

Louisville, KY 40214

Family owned & operated since 1983. Additional email - sarah@atlaswindows.com. Additional contact name - Chuck Story.

01/08/2018

Michael H.

Excellent. Chuck Story had some great ideas for the doors, and we customized the rear entrance. Martin and his team of installers were a joy to work with. Very efficient, clean, and organized. One of the few companies I have used twice for the same services, in different homes. Great firm to deal with.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows and doors. Customized rear entrance.

12/11/2017

Michael H.

Excellent. Work finished and completely cleaned all work areas. House is so much warmer with new doors and triple pane windows. Second time I have used them and they are the best in the business.

Description of Work
Replaced 21 windows and all outside doors.

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

Thank you so much!

03/13/2017

Michael H.

Have worked with Chuck Story in the past and he is very professional with great home interior design ideas. I had the pleasure of having Martin and his team install the windows and doors. Excellent job. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows and doors in the house. Remodel back entrance.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

Thank you so much for the kind review!

11/04/2016

J P.

Chuck Story's staff was completing a job nearby and were glad to come over to my house and finish the job they started over a year earlier. They had no problem coming over to finish the wall section that was never finished. Les, his Son and Mike were. Rey congenial as always. Can't say enough about them finishing the job. This crew are the best craftsmen and have the best work ethics. It's a shame Mr. Story lied about they didn't want to work on my project and bullied me with shameful words. All he needed to do was just ask them. The problem has been Story. Not his great crew! Just read Story's reply to my previous work comments. He's very hard to do business with!

Description of Work
Wrote a bad review about me after I spoke the truth about his unprofessionalism. Stated his crew didn't want to finish my house. I just had to go around Mr. Story. I talked to the crew at neighbors' project and they were more than happy to come over the next morning and finish my house.

Category siding

My men went back to Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s because myself and my men had a discussion about it when we were working at a neighbors home in fall of 2016. We all agreed that maybe if we fix the issue, which was caused by a storm and not from our job that was completed in February of 2014, Mr. [Member Name Removed] would stop making all of these negative comments. I am the one that supplied the material to fix this issue, at no charge. The insurance work that Mr. [Member Name Removed] wants done, which would take about a week to finish, is the work neither myself or my crew of almost 20 years do not want to complete for Mr. [Member Name Removed]. Dealing with cursing through texting from Mr. [Member Name Removed] and being called "Chuckie" are things that I do no have to deal with in my business. Fortunately, I can choose who I want to work for from day to day. These are adult family men who make their own decisions. I just passed the message along so Mr. [Member Name Removed] chooses to continue to write negativity and lies. Atlas is a family owned and operated business and our employees come first. Together we agreed to take care of this for no charge while we were at the complex and look how it's back fired. Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s [Member Information Removed] looks outstanding and we continue to do lots of work in the same complex despite Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s one man parade against Atlas. Our reputation, ethics and professionalism of 34 years in business speaks for itself at this complex. We just no longer wish to do business with Mr [Member Name Removed]. Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s warranty papers have been filed with the national manufacturer of the product and are still 100% in effect despite his childish bashing of my business. Chuck Story, Owner Atlas Siding & Window Co., Inc.

11/01/2016

J P.

Mr. Stories workers are not the problem. He is. He lies. His workers have visited me while working nearby and have stated "Chuckie" is his own worse enemy. They told me Story has trashed neighbors he has communicated with behind their back. They have told me of jobs Story has made them walk off of. I still have a wall section and trim behind bushes unfinished to which I paid to be finished. He never met his promised schedules. He has not allowed his workers to complete warranty. He has written he would meet insurance and explain his quotes to repair hail damage on my new exterior and it was a lie. Eventually these bad business practices will lead to others being bullied by Mr. Story. And yes, I wrote one text in the end when I wanted to fire him completely because of his horrible habits and asked him in a text to; "quit f****** with me". I'm finished with the horrible feelings he exudes. He wrote to me to "just move on"! He is being held accountable.

Description of Work
He did not finish my exterior and it is a year later. He has bullied his way out of completion, warranty work and his quote to do Hail Damage repairs. Have spent approx. $25,000.00 and had approx $10,000 quoted for hail damage and insurance company said he submitted approx. 70% more work than was damaged.

09/26/2016

J P.

Atlas Siding / Chuck Story I have had very bad experiences with Chuck Story. Spending nearly $25,000 last year on the outside of my home taught me about his personality disorders. I will advise other people to avoid dealing with Chuck Story / Atlas Siding at all costs. His promises to start and complete projects were never correct. He started my home exterior late and finished months after his initial promises. When he had not installed my Windows months after doing the complete outside he told me to "get someone else if I didn't like it". He puts profitability over customer relations. I had hail damage this year. Called Atlas/Story and wanted my original contractor to do repairs so warranty will remain in force. In May , Story wrote he will be 8 weeks (around mid August) out to repair and quoted the damage for almost $10,000. I waited for his follow-up and had my insurance adjustor review damage and submitted Atlas/Story's bid. The insurance adjustor came and stated the job should be less than $3,000! In May Story wrote he WOULD meet with the adjustor, if needed. In September he would NOT take time to meet with my adjustor as they had a disagreement how to fix. I then found myself having to start all over trying to repair his new siding with a different contractor. He became belligerent when I tried to get him to meet with my adjustor and just work out their differences. That afternoon a neighbor called Story to get a deck planking quote and Story met him within two days. When Asked why he had time for neighbor and not my adjustor he sent me the following discouraging message . He stated if my adjustor wanted to drop everything, he could give him a couple minutes only when he meets to sell a deal at my neighbor's the next day. Well, my adjustor found that arrogance upsetting and couldn't change his next day's schedule just to meet the demands of Chuck Story. Story further wrote he would now be 10 MORE weeks out to start work (18 weeks from initial time quoted!) and when I told him I thought he was messing with me he wrote and I quote: "Didn't like working for you. You always want something for nothing and it gets annoying. I've met with you Scott. Gave u a price on the damage. I will say again...your insurance company or adjuster is not going to care what I have to say. The material is either damaged or it's not. It's not my job to fight your insurance company. I'll get you the colors and they can recommend someone else to do the work" He crushed me.... His willingness to leave me hanging a second time, MAKE HORRIBLE ACCUSATIONS was very stressful. I had already waited several months to appease him to do the project. I had even given several hundred dollars Christmas bonus gifts to his workers during my home's exterior replacement, trying to be a great customer!!! I had paid for everything he asked and then some. I had waited for months on end with his late schedules. Then he scorns me in writing when I'm just trying to get him to meet and explain together with me and the adjustor his quote ! Clearly, I understood when Chuck Story said: "he either wants to do all the work he quoted or none", it came true. It became obvious again he just cares about making a lot of money and not about customer care. The most unprofessional hot headed man I have ever done business with. Several of my neighbors have used him also. He did not complete one side of a home here because he got in a confrontational situation with their neighbor and walked away, twice. Chuck Story has written Atlas "doesn't want to do business in our neighborhood (Cardinal Harbour) anymore". ( unless he can make a killing it seems) Yet, in another neighborhood, a family friend had to sue him over a new sunroom due to his bad attitude when it came to solving their problems. Sooooo.... Would you do business with this man? Respectfully submitted to save others from this man's bad habits. J. Scott Pullem

Description of Work
Complete exterior replaced and new hail damage repairs.

Category siding

Unfortunately, Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s text messages to me cannot be published due to the language content. If so, just by posting them could clear this issue up. The Atlas foreman that completed the project refused to work on Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s property again after the way he was treated by him. He has been a foreman at Atlas for at least 20 years and this is the one and only time he has refused to work on a property. Hard working family man. He, nor his helpers, one of which is his son, want to be subjected to that environment anymore. We worked on Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s property for over a month, completed the project. It is some of the nicest material and craftsmanship in that condo complex, hands down! I quoted the insurance work to Mr. [Member Name Removed] on my initial visit. This estimate was for the entire left side and back. His insurance company only wanted to pay for the damage in the back. That is the reason for the large price discrepancy. Mr. [Member Name Removed] was frustrated with his insurance company adjuster and I told him it wasn't my [Member Information Removed] to argue with his adjuster. That frustrated Mr. [Member Name Removed]. He began cursing in text to me. At that time I made it clear we would no longer work under these circumstances. We have been in business for over 33 years. Still family owned and operated with over 10,000 VERY satisfied customers. An outstanding A+ rating with the BBB. I'll let that reputation speak for my business. I will continue to protect my employees and their working conditions even if it creates these types of negative responses. Sincerely, Chuck Story Owner, Atlas Siding & Window Company, Inc.

02/25/2016

Melissa M.

Atlas does a great job of selling their quality of windows and install services. However, after $10,000+ in window repairs due to an inefficient install process directly linked to the window install and confirmed by 4 independent sources (licensed contractors, property adjuster and Paul Davis restoration), it is clear this is a company that you need to stay away from. They do not meet industry standards of wrapping and sealing your Windows and believes this is normal. The problem is water will come directly into your house over time causing dry rot and mold which you won't see unless you expose the space under your windows. Their warranties do not hold true and they will not help make things right rather they will point you to their attorney. Unless you want thousands of dollars in repairs and a large attorney bill, I'd stay as far away from them as possible. This is my first review I have ever written and I'm writing because I don't want you to experience what we have along with several of our neighbors who used their services.

Description of Work
Install all new windows in the front of our house.

Category replacement windows

In February, we were contacted by the new homeowner of this property about water damage. She was not the original [Member Information Removed] of the home that we performed work on in 2003. The previous homeowner (our [Member Information Removed]) had never complained about any water damage and even used us on the new home that they purchased. The house was sold and passed inspection. The owner of the company met with an insurance adjuster and told him that we were unsure how the damage to the exterior aluminum trim work had happened, but since it had been 13 years since the work had been completed and this [Member Information Removed] was not the original homeowner and that there had never been a complaint by the original homeowner there would be a charge to re-trim the windows. We [Member Information Removed] done dozens of homes in the area and we [Member Information Removed] never received a complaint about water damage.

01/29/2015

Jim M.

Chuck Story with Atlas windows was very patient and accommodating throughout the process. He came by the house multiple times to review options, provide pricing, measurements, and ordered sample windows for us to see. They kept us up to date on the process. The team that he sent to work on the house was exceptional. They were true professionals, and we felt very comfortable with them working on our home. They kept us up to date on the time it was going to take. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installation of new windows throughout home.

09/29/2014

Michael R.

The sales person was prompt and we met and a price was given and accepted. I paid a deposit and was told the work would be done in 3 weeks. That was on May 4th 2014. As of early August no work was done, and was told there was a problem on another job and that they would get to it the next week. We had to call them again in mid September, the work was finally done the following week. Very poor customer service for this job.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters and downspouts.

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

I apologize for your bad experience with Atlas. Unfortunately, the salesman handling this job did not run it through the proper channels which caused the delay in getting your job completed. That particular salesman is no longer affiliated with our company.

05/30/2014

LARRY C.

Great salesman, pleased with windows and did a great job installing windows.

Description of Work
Installed 8 double hung low E vinyl windows.

04/10/2014

Marti O.

I thought they did very well. There were a couple of windows broken in the shipment from the originating company so it delayed the final installation, but Atlas took care of it all.

Description of Work
Installed replacement windows

03/31/2014

Billy G.

I would highly recommend them. I used the numerous times for several things. I give him a good rating that's why I go back to him. They're not the cheapest but the quality of work is the main thing. Their response is good.

Description of Work
I used the siding and doors service of Atlas Siding & Window Co. They put sidings on my garage and put gutters and a new entry door.

Category siding, doors

03/13/2014

Fred M.

They did an excellent job. I looked at other competetors and I would put them up against anyone. They were professional, cleaned up well, and I am really satisfied with their work. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They installed a new sunroom with windows and siding.

Category siding, replacement windows, sunrooms

01/30/2014

Marjorie B.

It went very well - the installers were very professional. Did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Installed 4 new windows

10/09/2013

Beverly S.

We have been very pleased with the triple paned windows. They have worked great and have alleviated a lot of the outside noise. The company and the people were very nice and they even sent us Christmas cards!

Description of Work
Installed triple paned windows.

09/27/2013

alvin S.

He was professional and left his bid .

Description of Work
made nice presentation

07/18/2013

Ted B.

I never received a quote for my windows when I was told I would. I had to email asking when I would receive it. Once I received the quote it was not detailed by any means but only a price of how much it was going to cost. No individual window cost, details, nothing. I have actually still to this day never received a quote for my whole house. No follow- up or anything.

Description of Work
The sales manager arrived and looked at all the windows in my house. There was a lot of window rot and almost every window needed to be replaced. He was friendly and listened to my concerns.

04/19/2013

Janine S.

The gentlemen that came to our home was very nice, professional and had great product knowledge. He presented the estimate starting around $12,000 after Expo Show discount the new price became $9,700. At this point, we felt they were to high and told him we needed to think about this purchase. Then he said if you sign right now I can give you an additional discount and the final price will be $4,700. We told him and quot;noand quot; that we felt we needed to get more estimates and think about each option. That did not set with him very well, he got on the defensive and claimed his product was the best of the best and no one could come close to comparison. As he was leaving he asked if he could have someone call us in a few days, I told him and quot;no.and quot; I told him that I had reviews of their call center calling clients to try to sell other items. I told him to not have anyone calls us; we are very busy and had no plans on doing something for a few months. He said ok and left. A few days later the owner of Primax called and said he had a note on his desk that we were not happy with the price. My husband explained that was not the case we just needed more time to make the right decision for this kind of purchase. The owner lowered the price to around $4,000. A few weeks later the owner tried to call again but I missed his call. I told this sales representative to not have anyone call us, we would call them! They should have listened. The one question we have, and quot;How can they give a quote starting at $12,000 and drop the price down to $4,000.

Description of Work
Estimate replacing a 3-panel sliding glass door & a standard sliding glass door.

Category doors

Customer mentioned that the owner of Primax called them...Atlas Siding & Window Company is in no way affiliated with Primax. We also do not call customers trying to sell other products and we never have. We believe we have been mixed up with another company.

04/14/2013

Jennifer P.

Gutter downspouts have detached twice. I asked for a repair in January 2013 and my request was met with, and quot;we're too busy.and quot; I'll never use them again.

Description of Work
Installation of gutters, soffit, etc. plus two windows went fine.

11/01/2012

Callie P.

Once the crew got here they went about their work in a very proffefssional manner. They took care to get everything just right. And even took care of a couple of little things that needed fixing. Everyone I have worked with at Atlas have been very helpful. They are on my go to list \.

Description of Work
My siding, windows and gutters were heavy damage during the April hail storms. Since Atlas installed the sidng several years ago I contracted with them to repair the damage. However, due to the large amount of damage in the area it took several weeks to get to me. The most important fact in all of this, Atlas kept me informed, they every couple of weeks I received a phone call or letter updating me. Finally the day came when Atlas called with a start date. The guys showed up on time completed the work and cleaned up so well you would never know they were here other then the siding, gutters, trim an windows look great. Atlas has a very stable work crew, the same guys who put the siding on about six iyears showed up to do this job. They take a lot of pride in their work and it shows. I have a couple of jobs planned for next spring and Atlas will be my first call.

08/30/2012

Hobert S.

Everything went great from start to finish. We has other bids but when Steve Mingus from Atlas came by, we knew we were going to go with them. First of all, there is not high pressure sales. Steve came in and answered any questions that we had and he explained the process, followed by measuring the windows and making sure he knew exactly what we wanted. When he was done measuring, he figured up the price and gave me the information. He told us to let him know if we needed anything and was actually going to leave ( Some companies DO NOT want to leave). We actually told him we were ready to sign the contract and we did. The price was way better than some companies, like Champion and the window quality is very good. The also come with a lifetime warranty that covers everything from breakage to seal damage. The installers came at the time they said and it took them about 2 days. They cleaned up on both days and left no messes and also answered any questions that I had. They were very careful with everything from the installing to the caulking and you could tell they were professionals. After having some bad experiences with other companies, I was pleasantly surprised with Atlas. I will not hesitate to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I had 16 vinyl replacement windows (double hung, double pain) installed, including a large picture window with sliders at each end. This also included take away of old windows.

06/21/2012

Janet V.

They did a good job. Everything was fine. We don't have any dislikes. The price was average and the quality of their work has been good so far.

Description of Work
We used Atlas Siding & Window Co to replace two windows for us.

05/08/2012

Kim E.

Our home is situated with southern exposure and our original front door was a beautiful mohogany. Unfortunately, the sun had damaged our door and fifteen years had not aged it gracefully. I called Atlas because they are close by my house and I knew they were a family owned business. The receptionist there was so polite and helpful and set up for Chuck to come by. Chuck came out to do my estimate and gave me lots of options, but no pressure. I really wanted a storm door, too, and Chuck explained how my current door had caused some of my problems. He said I could still install a storm door, however, as long as it was vented. My back windows worried me, so I had him look at them too, but he assured me that they were fine. That really gave me confidence that I was making the right decision. I made my decision and gave the go-ahead. I was very impressed with the workmanship of the installer, as well. I am so pleased with how it all turned out. My house looks beautiful and has much more curb appeal and it saves us time, since everything they did is maintenance free!

Description of Work
New leaded glass and fiberglass front door and sidelights, vented storm door, encased the sides and top of the exterior entry and new shutters on the house.

12/23/2011

Matthew F.

I got them off of Angie's List. It's a rental property that I own and rent out to someone and several of the other companies that I had called did not agree to take on rental homes, but they did agree to do that. I think their prices are competitive as far as I know, but I haven't received my estimate yet. When I called today, I had to leave a message because they are closed for Christmas, but in general the staff was pretty helpful. I would most likely use them.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Atlas Siding & Window Co on the 23rd of December for a replacement steel door for my basement.

03/19/2011

Mark S.

My wife and I decided to have the windows in our home replaced and evaluated several companies. Not only was Atlas the lowest cost but in my opinion it also had the best product. Steve, our sales rep was very professional. He arrived on time, explained his product, and patiently listened to my concerns. During his presentation he fully explained his product and never once slammed his competition unlike presentations from other companies. Other companies tried high pressure sales techniques where the price is extremely high and they offer a discount but only if you sign up today. With Atlas there was none of that and I felt like I was dealing with a neighbor or friend instead of a big company just looking to make a deal. Once I signed the contract I was told that it would be 5 - 6 weeks before installation. If I had one criticism it would be that after 5 1/2 weeks I had not heard anything. I then sent an email to the company and was told that they could schedule my installation for the following week or since they had a cancellation they could start tomorrow if it would work for me. I was able to work it out and they began the next morning. Martin led the installation crew, they were very professional, they removed all window treatments and put them back when they finished. They crew did a fantastic job they picked up all of the debris and put everything back. During installation Steve the sales rep stopped by to make sure that everything was going OK. I am very pleased with the new windows and how they were installed. I will definitely recommend Atlas to family and friends.

Description of Work
We had all 17 windows in our home replaced.