Allgeier Air

Founded 1995 • With Angi since July 2006

804 N English Station Rd.

Louisville, KY 40223

Allgeier Air specializes in the service, design and installation of conventional and geothermal HVAC systems. Our custom design retro-fit systems for existing homes are truly a new level of quality. Our outstanding work with industry leading home builders is documented through such media as Louisville’s Best New Homes, The Energy Pros and Business First; where in 2008 and 2009 we were named a Top 25 “Best Company “ in Louisville. We work closely with the United States Green Building Council, we are NATE certified, Building Performance Institute Certified, IGSHPA certified and carry various other accreditation. We offer 24 hour emergency service and repair of all types of equipment and systems. Allgeier Air’s Energy Saver Whole House Analysis is a perfect way to save money on utilities. We look at not only the HVAC system, we are able to look at your house as a whole envelope and then make recommendations that will benefit your family the most! At Allgeier, we understand that when you are building a new home, renovating your current home or trying to conserve energy, you are faced with many tough decisions. Those tough decisions can only be made with sound advice and direction. We understand that you can choose any contractor you want to help you through the decision making process. While there are many companies to work with, we hope you choose to work with ours. When quality and comfort is what you expect call the original geothermal professionals of Allgeier Air. Great expectations...always! * Angie's List Super Service Awards (2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009) * 60+ Geothermal Systems installed per year * 1 of only 2 Geo Master dealers in Louisville, Kentucky * The “Original" Geo Master dealer in Louisville * #1 Waterfurnace brand geothermal dealer * Business First: Louisville Top 25 Company (2009, 2008) * Member of Greater Louisville Incorporated * Active Energy Pros Member * BPI (Building Performance Institute) Certified * IGSPHA Certified * Diamond Mitsubishi Electric HVAC Contractor * #1 and #2 most energy efficient homes in the state of Kentucky's HVAC designed by Allgeier Air! Our team members go through extensive training to learn how to install the products we sell...so the installation is done correctly the first time. Call the energy professionals @ Allgeier Air at 502-244-9999. Ky State HVAC License #: 03595...

04/04/2022

Justin L.

Furnace started acting up over the weekend. Called this morning (Monday) and they were able to get a technician out the same day. Jason arrived at the time scheduled and started checking out the furnace. Of course it was acting fine but he kept trying to get it to repeat the error code to determine the problem. He was finally able to reproduce the problem and found the issue. Jason was very professional and kept me updated on what he was finding as he was working. I’ve used Allgeir for at least 12 years now and they always go above and beyond to make sure everything is working properly.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

08/13/2020

Lisa C.

Initially I was not happy with a salesman showing up to give me a quote for the installation of a new HVAC system for a rental property/condo. I just do not care for the salesman's pitch and promises/some that did not happen. Regardless hired Allgeier, based on a recommendation of a highly respected friend and was very happy with Matt, the thought he put into what should be done, and the installation (May 2020). Hard for me to gauge how well the new system is working since I rent the condo to a man of few words, that rarely tells me when there is an issue. My main complaint is I never get ANY booklets on the system installed or the warranty information. I have called David Shipley/sales several times. Talked to Chris (June 2020) who said they were behind on getting that info out and working on it, but, I would have it soon. Then I talked to( I think, her name was) Jennifer (July2020) who said she had the warranty information, on her desk and would mail it to me. She suggested I could down load the service manuals off the internet. I told her I paid $12000 for this system and did not think I should have to download the manuals. I have own several properties over the years and the warranty and manuals have always been supplied with the many many HVAC systems I have had installed. As of today Aug 13th, I have not received the information I requested from Allgeier.

Description of Work
Installed new HVAC system for Condo

12/02/2019

Julie C.

I have use Allgeier several times in the past, they are honest in their assessment and fair in their pricing.

Description of Work
heater repair and cleaning

05/15/2019

MARJORIE AND RICHARD M.

They been really good. The system is running fine. They have checked on the unit for many times and they've been really good.

Description of Work
Annual check on heating and air system.

10/26/2018

Ridwan S.

Was recommended to replace the entire AC for 10k. Found another hvac team that replaced coolant temporarily, then was given good, better and best pricing. Got better for 5k

Description of Work
Coolant out

06/19/2018

Julie H.

After a spring checkup and all was well, out A/C was only sporadicly working over weekend at 90+degree day. I got a call back from a technician right away. She was going to fit me in as she could. They ended up coming out on Monday morning and fixed the condensate tubing and all is well and no charge! They are always great in following up and call back! I wound highly recommend.

Description of Work
Update from previous review...Condensate pipe was clogged

06/09/2018

Tony M.

The repair man was friendly, efficient, and helpful. He quickly diagnosed and fixed the problem. He even gave us a few tips to consider moving forward since both our furnace and AC are getting close to the end of their functional lives.

Description of Work
Our AC stopped cooling the house late Friday evening. We called early Saturday morning and thanks to a few cancellations they were able to see us later that day! Just needed a new capacitor.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your review. We work very hard to set and exceed expectation. Sincerely Rick Allgeier

02/03/2018

David T.

All went well from the initial contact through installation.

Description of Work
InstLl new furnace and AC coil.

01/15/2018

TERESITA L.

They only clean the air condition unit but failed to clean the furnace, my tenant told me they did not show up on the scheduled day and time to clean the furnace . I called to re schedule the service 2 times was no show . I bought the service on 2017 expire in a year of purchase.

Description of Work
Clean the furnace and air condition unit.

01/04/2018

Robert B.

During the January 2018 cold snap, our 30 year old Trane Furnace stopped working. It was 48 degrees in the house while it was 0 to -3 outside the house. We were afraid of pipes bursting, which would cause major damage to our finished basement. I called Allgeier Air, but they told me they were booked, and could not get out until the next day. However, they moved some appointments around, and came out immediately. The Technician, Ronnie, is excellent. He initially diagnosed a bad capacitor, and we replaced that, hoping that would solve the problem. He had an opportunity to really stick it to me, because we were in a bad spot. But, he didn't, and took a conservative approach. The capacitor replacement worked for a few hours, and the system died again. So, we talked over the phone and agreed to replace the motor. He was back the next day with a new motor, and the furnace is working like new. I have to say that he could have really pumped up the price on the service, but didn't. In doing so, Allgeier has won a customer for life.

Description of Work
Replaced capacitor, then motor on our furnace.

11/05/2017

Julie H.

Easy to get an appointment and was given a 30 minute window when the technician would show up. My technician was very good at explaining exactly what needed fixing and how the heat pump worked (we had not had one in past). We needed a new capacitor as ours had a hole in it and he installed right away and we were good to go for the winter. This appointment was to have furnace inspected for use after we bought the house.

Description of Work
Heat pump and furnace inspection

11/03/2017

Mark P.

We have been pleased with the quality and reliability of service, helping solve problems and not just recommending to replace our entire unit.

Description of Work
HVAC Seasonal tune-up

10/23/2017

Mitch S.

Great, service tech was on-site before I could make it home, he was already investigating the unit and was running within 30 minutes..

Description of Work
A.C. unit was not runming.

10/22/2017

Matthew W.

Excellent. They cleaned and verified operation and correct a few issues with no extra cost.

Description of Work
Annual maintenance of HVAC

10/16/2017

MARJORIE AND RICHARD M.

They did a good job. There were some issues in installation, however they came back out and took care of those and everything is fine now.

Description of Work
Our air conditioning system went out, and they came in to repair it. They informed us that the price for repairs would be similar to a new system. So they installed a new a/c as well as a new furnace for us.

09/05/2017

ROBERT W.

Couldn't get a hold of anyone on the weekend. Installed incorrect parts on first visit, but fixed promptly at no charge on second visit. Overall, they are focused on service and quick efficient repair. The incorrect parts issue was due to part number change from the manufacturer.

Description of Work
Replaced air-conditioning system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thanks for your honest review. I am happy my staff was responsive, and I apologize for the confusion on our part when it came to installing your new system. It was unfortunate that our distributor sent us a unit that did not fit the application. When we discovered the mistake our distributor made it right, and we gladly installed the correct matching indoor unit. I trust all is well now and the system is operating to your expectations. Sincerely Rick Allgeier

08/17/2017

donna B.

It went so very well. They were here the very next day, the gentleman who came was extremely nice, thorough, professional and he filled us in on what had happened to our previous unit which we had repaired several times. The price was very competitive, the job was done in 2 days and it was a job extremely well done!!! If anyone needs this kind of work done, they definitely need to call Allgeier. We called two other places and they wanted $50.00 and $70.00 just to come and assess the situation and it was non-refundable. Allgeier never ever asked for this.

Description of Work
We had to have our entire central air conditioning and heating system replaced when it was extremely hot outside.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I am extremely pleased that your experience with my Company was good. Is it safe to say we exceeded your expectation? I hope so. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve. Sincerely Rick Allgeier

08/17/2017

donna B.

They were the best. Very professional, kind and courteous and only waited a couple of days and this was in July when they were extremely busy. Will without a doubt only use Allgeier.

Description of Work
We had central air/heat unit replaced.

08/09/2017

Christopher M.

Sent them an email and they got back to me with an inspection appointment the same day, with the installation being the very next day. There was a slight hiccup with some of the installation, but they were quick to correct it and did an excellent job. Will be contacting them for any future air conditioner repair needs.

Description of Work
Needed my old air conditioning system removed and a new one installed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I am so glad to hear everything went well. Hiccups do happen, and I am pleased to know my staff handled everything in a professional and expedient manner. Thanks for the Kind review Sioncerely Rick Allgeier

08/09/2017

mike C.

The price is the best. Service is great. They come out when they are suppose to.

Description of Work
Service air conditioning system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the rating. We appreciate you allowing us to serve you. Sincerely Rick Allgeier

08/02/2017

Rebecca H.

Top notch service and professionalism! He arrived on time, and the AC was assessed and repaired quickly.

Description of Work
AC fan was running but not cooling.

07/11/2017

Tiffany C.

The job went well. It seems that we needed additional work that was missed and is still not been completed outside of the original job. I have still not received a reply on the new issue st hand.

Description of Work
HVAC replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the review, I checked with my staff, and they assured me that they have completed the job, and met your expectations. Please call or send me a message if this is not accurate. Sincerely Rick Allgeier

06/26/2017

Kent F.

It went very well. The representative was very professional and answered all my questions. He visited with me about the condition of my system and offered suggestions in relation to the tune-up. Even though the cost was a little higher than others, I would differently use them again. A professional organization with professional people. This is my 2nd experience with using Allgeier Air and both experiences have been equally good.

Description of Work
Performed air conditioning tune-up.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the kind review. I am pleased we are setting and meeting your expectations. Sincerely Rick Allgeier

06/05/2017

Kasey F.

Technician showed up on time, with a 30 minute call-ahead and completed the work quickly and thoroughly.

Description of Work
A/C tune up

05/12/2017

Jerry C.

He spend about two hours doing a very thorough analysis of my system, using a scope to determine the extent of rust, damage, etc., coolant pressure test, etc. He then provided a quote for replacement. His quote was on the high side, but not by much. I am sure they would be an excellent choice.

Description of Work
I needed a second opinion on whether to replace my 17 year-old home HVAC system, using the $25 Angie's List coupon.

CW Vent cleaning

BJ Heating & Cooling

Super Service Award Winning company on Angi with over 30yrs of professional HVAC experience! BJ Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. is family owned and operated and we've grown to become one of the largest residential heating and cooling contractors serving the Kentuckian since 1982! BJ Heating and Cooling continues to focus on customer experience and provides services that the competition simply cannot. We provide up to a 10 year labor warranty with a new system install! This means peace of mind and energy savings for 10 years with no added cost. BJ Heating and Air Conditioning stands behind its product because it is installed by professionals who do it right the first time and with a product that is built to last. We offer preventative maintenance service and installation with free estimates on installation! Contact us today, we look forward to serving you!

Boston Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning

We are your cleaning experts. We have our trucks on the roads in Louisville and Southern Indiana. We guarnetee our work with a 100% money back guarantee, Which means if you are not completely satisifed then we will re-clean it again, if your still not satisfied we will refund your money! Boston Carpet and Airduct Cleaning was founded over 35 years ago. Be sure to read our story. Of course, nothing recommends us more than praise from our past customers. You can read testimonials from our satisfied customers on our site as well. Allowing someone to come in to your space to clean for you in your home or business needs trust. We appreciate that trust, and would like to make you feel more comfortable by introducing the members of our team. Additional DBAs - Boston Carpet Cleaning, Boston Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning LLC. Additional Website - www.wisebuyingmall.com/boston_carpet_airduct_cleaning.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available
    Satisfaction

Service, sales and installation of furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps & geothermal heating and cooling systems, indoor air conditioning and purification products, humidifiers, electronic air cleaners, UV light purification, HEPA filtration systems, repair and installation on ductwork. Allgeier Air is a BPI trained professional Home Energy Audit provider for Ky.

Please ask for details.