ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC.

Founded 1959 • With Angi since July 2006

4.4

1847 BERRY BLVD.

Louisville, KY 40215

Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc. is a family-owned and operated company located in Louisville, KY. It has been our pleasure to serve the Kentucky and Southern Indiana area since 1959. Our primary mission is to provide quality service at a reasonable price for both residential and commercial

09/15/2015

Nathaniel S.

As stated, we had a very serious issue with the original box gutter contractors. A "one week" project had turned into a multiple month project that was punctuated by near begging for incremental payments and random leaks in our ceilings (we did not have leaks before the work began). Before releasing the final payment to the contractor, I looked up Abrams Roofing and Sheet Metal (it is very hard to find folks who have experience in box gutters), and I got agreement from my existing contractor to allow me to hire them to inspect the work that was done by them. Abrams was happy to take the job, but I did stop by their office in person and explain the situation and what I wanted. They sent someone out within a week (in fact, we didn't have to be home for the inspection). They compiled an over 40 page report with some 50 pictures of the good, bad and ugly of what had been done to our gutters by our pre-existing contractor. I felt good about the report because it was so detailed and they mentioned and took pictures of some areas that they said were done very well (i.e. the expansion joint welds). I think I paid about $200 for this report (well worth every penny). I emailed the report to my existing contractor, who admitted that they had serious issues with their workmanship and did not fight any of the report items that Abrams had compiled (they had connected copper with roofing caulk in places, had improper flashing in many locations, poor welds in multiple locations, and standing water in at least one section of the "completed" and completely newly installed box gutters). They halfheartedly said they would come out and fix the issues, but I had lost all trust in them, so I got them to agree in writing that they would walk away from the job without a penny more from me in exchange for me not writing any reviews of their service. I called Abrams and asked them to quote the price for them to fix all the issues. It came out to just a bit below what would have been the final payment I would have owed the original contractor. They were busy, so I believe it took a month for someone to get out and do the full remediation of the roof (re-weld and replace some sections of the copper, proper flashing, additional downspout installation, etc). I was VERY pleased with their work. They were very professional, fair priced, and stuck to the facts at hand. Also, though they took a few weeks to get out to fix all the issues, it rained and we started to get leaking due to the shoddy work they were going to fix. My wife called them and they came out that day and did some basic fixes to stop the leaking until they could get out and redo all the problems from the original contractor. They charged us nothing for this (didn't even come up). I would rehire these folks in a heartbeat, especially for box gutters. It has been two years now since they did the work, and the gutters are great and no leaks. I would have written this review earlier, but I couldn't find their company on Angieslist (not sure why they have removed themselves from the listings). It is clear that they are experts, especially in atypical roofing like box gutters, and they take pride in their work and reputation. They seriously saved the day after we had spent outrageous sums of money on charlatans. If only they were listed on Angies List when I was originally searching for someone to redo our gutters, I might have avoided the whole mess in the first place.

Description of Work
We had hired a contractor to replace our aging box gutters on our house. After significant expense, the contractor stated their work was complete, but we had doubts as we were getting leaks in the roof, but with a 3 story home we could not confirm. I initially hired Abrams to do an inspection of the work on the gutters and roofing before I would release the final payment to my existing contractor, but after the inspection hired them to fully finish and repair the issues with the first contractors work.

03/13/2014

Richard J.

It was an insurance settlement. They didn’t just do what was there. They made recommendations on how to make the roof better for the new roof like better materials. They were very slow with their response through phone calls. They were good. Their price was fair based on other prices that I got; it was a good price. They were excellent roofers and were punctual.

Description of Work
Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc installed a new roof.

06/19/2013

Mary S.

It was fine.

Description of Work
They put on a new tin roof.

02/28/2013

Audra K.

Much of the variation in the prices quoted comes from the cost of the product used. There are metal shingles that are individually coated, there are shaped metal pieces that look like individual shingles but goes on more like siding. Then there's the sheet metal roofing like you get on commercial properties. Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc had the product we wanted, the shingles. I liked the fact that they've been in business for a long time and they offer good warranties. They were pretty good through the quoting procedure. They sent someone out - you didn't even have to be home - and they scurried up on the roof to get measurements which they use to produce the quote, which they mail to you. So you don't have the face-to-face sales pitch. When I got the quote I had a lot of questions, so I rang the estimator. Now, he hadn't been on my roof, so he and I had a discussion about what he could see in the pictures. I would have preferred that he had seen the roof, because he had to go back and revise the quote based on our conversation. If I was not an informed consumer, the quote would have been very misleading, because they were not aware of some of the things they needed to do.

Description of Work
Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc quoted on re-roofing our house, this was the price for the shingles.

02/27/2013

Aaron L.

Website doesn't work (contact us section). Lack of information exchanged (short message on my voicemail not addressing any of the questions I had). And finally, the estimator was supposed to call days ago & still hasn't.

Description of Work
Just wanted a simple estimate

10/04/2012

LAURA H.

Not well

Description of Work
Left message with a person that answered phone. She said she would have the owner return call, but never did.

06/28/2012

Margo K.

The work was started and finished within a couple of hours. I had to leave before the repairman was finished. I have used this company in the past to install leaf guards. I will use them again, when needed. They are very responsive and trustworthy.

Description of Work
replaced 1-3" neoprene boot w/ 1-3" lead flashing. Sealed around 2 Bohn vents. Sealed nails at fronts of all static vents on house. Installed a new counter flashing at siding area of flat roof at rear of home-10 linear feet and sealed the same.

06/07/2012

Lucina K.

They did a good job cleaning up after doing the roof. I believe the price was fair at that time.

Description of Work
I used Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc to do some roofing work.

06/02/2012

Linda K.

Very well, have used for gutter repair and installation of gutter covers.

Description of Work
Repair large hole in roof

Member, Thank you for taking the time to post about Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc. We apologize if we were not as responsive as you would have liked. We have been absolutely covered with work since the April 28th hail storm that damaged over 100,000 homes in the Louisville and surrounding areas. As a family owned business since 1959, we strive to please our customers and sometimes it is difficult during times of severe damage when we are trying to get to everyone. We hope the next time you are in need, you will contact us again.

04/13/2012

Mary D.

They took a while to get here but when they got here they did a really good job. I wasn't even home at the time and they left everything perfect.

Description of Work
They repaired our gutters.

Category gutter repair

02/15/2012

Susan G.

I needed a small addition to our home roofed. It has a weird pitch to the roof, and Abrams suggested and did the work that they suggested. I have used them in the past to repair roof leaks. They are reasonable in price and do excellent work. I would recommend the company without hesitation.

Description of Work
Roof a small addition to our home. Aso removed and replaced shingles and added flashing on dormers due to leak.

10/03/2011

Judith A.

It was OK, but we ended up using a different company. They took more time with us, we actually appreciated their input and all looked great in the end with no more gutter cleaning.

Description of Work
We wanted several estimates for replacing our roof. The man who came out was very nice, but his estimate was higher. While we would have paid for this, he did not give us good info on putting up gutter guards and left us no samples of this. That was very important to us. I have heard good things about this company, but we used another company b/c we liked what the salesmans had to say. We also liked his information on what shingles would work best, life length of the shingles, and gutter guard samples.

Category roofing, roof cleaning

Member, In response to your comment, we are pleased that you found our estimator to be pleasant, he has worked for this company for 21 years and he really knows this industry well. We do apologize however, that we did not provide you with the gutter cover information to your satisfaction. Mr. Calhoun did say that he took time to meet with the member and discuss the gutter cover needs with him as well as provide him with a brochure on the product. Perhaps in the future we will make sure to carry extra product samples so we don't loose a vaulable customer such as yourself. As you know, Abrams is a family owned and operated business of 52 years and your satisfaction is important to us. We hope to have the opportunity in the future to serve you. Kindest Regards, Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc. Customer Service

08/31/2011

Joyce W.

Sure we were a little nervous, a new roof is a very big deal. We also had a leafproof gutter cover put on, and a skylight replaced. No worries....everything went fine. Family owned business, good people. We would hire them again.

Description of Work
We had tornado damage to our roof and needed to get estimates for replacing it. There were two companies that stopped by giving estimates in the area. That was fine but we asked our home inspector for roofers he thought were good. One on the list was Abrams and when they came to look at the roof we just knew we'd choose them , even before an estimate. So professional, what a difference in working with a company that cares.

04/28/2011

Frederick S.

The work was done quickly and on time. The crew did an excellent job of cleaning up debris. I thought the quality of the work was excellent. I'm thinking of details such as flashing, valleys, membrane where needed, the number and placement of vents, the work was superior to the two previous roofs on the house. The gutters too were betterthan what was installed by my previous roofer. I think you can get a roof done cheaper, but having gone that route the last time I found the roof leaked after six years and the roofer had gone out of business. I was concerned that I'd get a quality job. So far I've been pleased and have had no problems at all.

Description of Work
Removed old shingles, replaced some sheathing, put on a new roof and added peak vents to bring up to the appropriate number for a roof this size. Replaced gutters, put on a leaf guard product and added another downspout where I had previously had gutter overflow. Also put a new cement cap on the chimney.

04/14/2011

Darline J.

He fixed the problem promptly. Their prices were extremely reasonable and were below what they probably should have been. I got three estimates for a roof repair in 2009 and their estimate was by far the most reasonable, most thorough, and most professional. In his inspection of my roof, he saw that my chimney was about to crumble so they fixed that very reasonably. I also had some siding that was blown off during the storm and, again, he fixed it reasonable. He discovered that the person who put it up had used the wrong size nails so he took down the siding from the whole wall to make sure it was put up correctly and he didn?t charge me extra.

Description of Work
I had a roof leak so I contacted Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal. The patched the area.

Category roofing, siding

06/30/2010

Bill J.

They were timely and neat. They got it done when they said they would. I had to have them come back out 3 times for them to repair some nail pops and loose flashing. They called to say they would take care of it but they never called ahead or gave me a time. They would just work it in on the next days schedule so I never knew when they were coming so I could have shown them the issue I was having.

Description of Work
They did a tear off and a re-roof.

05/05/2008

PHILIP J.

Cold weather delayed the work substantially, but once they got started I was pleased with the pace of work. The end result seems to be very good, but I do have some complaints about the process. First of all, their communication with me was almost non-existent once I signed the contract. It seems I had to call them just to know what the plan was and how things were progressing. The workers' English was about as bad as my Spanish. It was remarkable to see how well the workers coordinated their efforts - apparently without any oversight - but they appeared to not follow what I now understand to be required safety precautions. This later caught my attention because I was charged for some of these safety items. My only other complaint is that there were about a dozen nails left in my gutters that ended up on my driveway over the next few months. In summary, they did a good job, but they might not be the most well-managed outfit. I'm just glad none of those Latino men got hurt.

Description of Work
Removed old roofing, installed new roof, replacement of some plywood.

07/06/2006

THERE WASN'T THAT MUCH EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. THEY DO IT IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. MY STEPSON SAID HE KNEW THEY DID GOOD WORK. THEY WERE A LITTLE HIGH ON THE PRICE. I DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE QUALITY OF WORK. IT LOOKS OK TO ME.

Description of Work
THEY TORE OFF THE OLD ROOF, WORKED AROUND THE FLUES AND PUT SOME VENTS AND PLYWOOD IN WHERE IT WAS NEEDED.

Renewal Gutters

Renewal Gutters is a full service gutter and gutter protection company dedicated to offering the best products, service and warranties in the industry. We repair existing gutters, install new seamless gutters and offer the highest rated gutter protection with Arrow Gutter Guards. We protect your gutters and your home and keep you off of a ladder!

Home Run Improvement

Our services cover roofing, gutters, siding, decking, windows and doors, and bathrooms and kitchen remodels. When it comes to remodeling and renovating your home, Home Run Improvement provides 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed services. We have built our business by taking care of our customer's needs with premium quality materials and unsurpassed customer service. We pride ourselves on honesty and have gained many life-long customers by keeping our word and delivering excellent craftsmanship. Our attention is given to every detail to ensure your project will be the envy of everyone that sees it. We offer a 10 year craftsmanship warranty on all of our roofing work with a 25 year and 30 year manufactures warranty. Home Run Improvement, LLC is a family owned and operated business serving Louisville and surrounding counties. Our crews have over 25 years of service in our community. Our mission is to provide top quality craftsmanship at affordable prices. We accomplish this by our knowledgeable experience and long term relationships with manufacturers and distributors. We pride ourselves on these core values: integrity, quick responses, added resale value, friendly customer service, trust, respect to those we serve.

Jeff Home Improvements Inc.

Jeff Home Improvements provides free estimates, is a accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, fully insured, locally owned, Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Roofing Contractors, graduates of Owens Corning University, Member or the National Roofing Contractors Association & Kentucky Roofing Contractors Association

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC.

How is ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC. overall rated?

ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC. is currently rated 4.4 overall out of 5.

What days are ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC. open?

ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC. is open:

Does ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC. offer free estimates?

Ask ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC. for details on free project estimates.

Does ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Are warranties offered by ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC.?

No, ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC. does not offer warranties.

What services does ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC. offer?

ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC. offers the following services: Altering & Remodeling Contractors,Building Construction Consultants,Building Specialties,Business Coaches & Consultants,Gutters & Downspouts,Lead Paint Detection & Removal,Roof & Floor Structures,Roofing Services Consultants,Testing Centers & Services