ABRAMS ROOFING & SHEET METAL, INC.

Founded 1959 • With Angi since July 2006

4.4

Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc. is a family-owned and operated company located in Louisville, KY. It has been our pleasure to serve the Kentucky and Southern Indiana area since 1959. Our primary mission is to provide quality service at a reasonable price for both residential and commercial consumers. Customer satisfaction is what has made our company an industry leader for the past 58 years. You will discover that our experienced craftsmen provide professional service in a courteous and timely manner....

Home Run Improvement

We can't start the year without giving back to our past and future customers as a token of our gratitude for using Home Run Improvement. COMMENT with a friends name, SHARE this post, & 'LIKE' our page to be entered into our 200 linear feet of FREE GUTTER GUARDS GIVEAWAY. Valued over $1,000. Click here ---> https://www.facebook.com/HomeRunImprovement/ Drawing will be January 31st at 10:00am. (Winner must live within KY/Southern IN to receive new gutter guards installed.) Happy New Years to All & God Bless! Our services cover roofing , gutters , siding , decking , windows and doors , bathrooms and kitchen remodels, drop ceilings, and acoustical tile ceilings. When it comes to remodeling and renovating your home, Home Run Improvement is your professional “one stop shop”. We provide 100% customer satisfaction guarantee services.We have built our business by taking care of our customer's needs with premium quality materials and unsurpassed customer service. We pride ourselves on honesty and have gained many life-long customers by keeping our word and delivering excellent craftsmanship. Our attention is given to every detail to ensure your project will be the envy of everyone that sees it. We offer a 10 year craftsmanship warranty on all of our roofing work with a 25 year and 30 year manufactures warranty. Home Run Improvement, LLC is a family owned and operated business serving Louisville and surrounding counties. Our crews have over 25 years of service in our community. Our Mission is to provide top quality craftsmanship at affordable prices. We accomplish this by our knowledgeable experience and long term relationships with manufactures and distributors. we pride ourselves on these core values: integrity, quick response, added resale value vs. job cost friendly customer service, trustworthy, respect to those we serve.

Renewal Gutters

Renewal Gutters is a full service gutter and gutter protection company dedicated to offering the best products, service and warranties in the industry. We repair existing gutters, install new seamless gutters and offer the highest rated gutter protection with Arrow Gutter Guards. We protect your gutters and your home and keep you off of a ladder!

Gutters Etcetera, LLC

.Gutters Etcetera, LLC, is your solution for all your gutter related installation needs. We take great pride in our professionalism, timeliness, and superior customer service on every job. Contact us today for a free estimate.

09/15/2015

As stated, we had a very serious issue with the original box gutter contractors. A "one week" project had turned into a multiple month project that was punctuated by near begging for incremental payments and random leaks in our ceilings (we did not have leaks before the work began). Before releasing the final payment to the contractor, I looked up Abrams Roofing and Sheet Metal (it is very hard to find folks who have experience in box gutters), and I got agreement from my existing contractor to allow me to hire them to inspect the work that was done by them. Abrams was happy to take the job, but I did stop by their office in person and explain the situation and what I wanted. They sent someone out within a week (in fact, we didn't have to be home for the inspection). They compiled an over 40 page report with some 50 pictures of the good, bad and ugly of what had been done to our gutters by our pre-existing contractor. I felt good about the report because it was so detailed and they mentioned and took pictures of some areas that they said were done very well (i.e. the expansion joint welds). I think I paid about $200 for this report (well worth every penny). I emailed the report to my existing contractor, who admitted that they had serious issues with their workmanship and did not fight any of the report items that Abrams had compiled (they had connected copper with roofing caulk in places, had improper flashing in many locations, poor welds in multiple locations, and standing water in at least one section of the "completed" and completely newly installed box gutters). They halfheartedly said they would come out and fix the issues, but I had lost all trust in them, so I got them to agree in writing that they would walk away from the job without a penny more from me in exchange for me not writing any reviews of their service. I called Abrams and asked them to quote the price for them to fix all the issues. It came out to just a bit below what would have been the final payment I would have owed the original contractor. They were busy, so I believe it took a month for someone to get out and do the full remediation of the roof (re-weld and replace some sections of the copper, proper flashing, additional downspout installation, etc). I was VERY pleased with their work. They were very professional, fair priced, and stuck to the facts at hand. Also, though they took a few weeks to get out to fix all the issues, it rained and we started to get leaking due to the shoddy work they were going to fix. My wife called them and they came out that day and did some basic fixes to stop the leaking until they could get out and redo all the problems from the original contractor. They charged us nothing for this (didn't even come up). I would rehire these folks in a heartbeat, especially for box gutters. It has been two years now since they did the work, and the gutters are great and no leaks. I would have written this review earlier, but I couldn't find their company on Angieslist (not sure why they have removed themselves from the listings). It is clear that they are experts, especially in atypical roofing like box gutters, and they take pride in their work and reputation. They seriously saved the day after we had spent outrageous sums of money on charlatans. If only they were listed on Angies List when I was originally searching for someone to redo our gutters, I might have avoided the whole mess in the first place.

Description of Work
We had hired a contractor to replace our aging box gutters on our house. After significant expense, the contractor stated their work was complete, but we had doubts as we were getting leaks in the roof, but with a 3 story home we could not confirm. I initially hired Abrams to do an inspection of the work on the gutters and roofing before I would release the final payment to my existing contractor, but after the inspection hired them to fully finish and repair the issues with the first contractors work.

03/13/2014

It was an insurance settlement. They didn’t just do what was there. They made recommendations on how to make the roof better for the new roof like better materials. They were very slow with their response through phone calls. They were good. Their price was fair based on other prices that I got; it was a good price. They were excellent roofers and were punctual.

Description of Work
Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc installed a new roof.

02/28/2013

Much of the variation in the prices quoted comes from the cost of the product used. There are metal shingles that are individually coated, there are shaped metal pieces that look like individual shingles but goes on more like siding. Then there's the sheet metal roofing like you get on commercial properties. Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc had the product we wanted, the shingles. I liked the fact that they've been in business for a long time and they offer good warranties. They were pretty good through the quoting procedure. They sent someone out - you didn't even have to be home - and they scurried up on the roof to get measurements which they use to produce the quote, which they mail to you. So you don't have the face-to-face sales pitch. When I got the quote I had a lot of questions, so I rang the estimator. Now, he hadn't been on my roof, so he and I had a discussion about what he could see in the pictures. I would have preferred that he had seen the roof, because he had to go back and revise the quote based on our conversation. If I was not an informed consumer, the quote would have been very misleading, because they were not aware of some of the things they needed to do.

Description of Work
Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc quoted on re-roofing our house, this was the price for the shingles.

02/27/2013

Website doesn't work (contact us section). Lack of information exchanged (short message on my voicemail not addressing any of the questions I had). And finally, the estimator was supposed to call days ago & still hasn't.

Description of Work
Just wanted a simple estimate

06/28/2012

The work was started and finished within a couple of hours. I had to leave before the repairman was finished. I have used this company in the past to install leaf guards. I will use them again, when needed. They are very responsive and trustworthy.

Description of Work
replaced 1-3" neoprene boot w/ 1-3" lead flashing. Sealed around 2 Bohn vents. Sealed nails at fronts of all static vents on house. Installed a new counter flashing at siding area of flat roof at rear of home-10 linear feet and sealed the same.

06/07/2012

They did a good job cleaning up after doing the roof. I believe the price was fair at that time.

Description of Work
I used Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc to do some roofing work.

06/02/2012

Very well, have used for gutter repair and installation of gutter covers.

Description of Work
Repair large hole in roof

Member, Thank you for taking the time to post about Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc. We apologize if we were not as responsive as you would have liked. We have been absolutely covered with work since the April 28th hail storm that damaged over 100,000 homes in the Louisville and surrounding areas. As a family owned business since 1959, we strive to please our customers and sometimes it is difficult during times of severe damage when we are trying to get to everyone. We hope the next time you are in need, you will contact us again.

04/13/2012

They took a while to get here but when they got here they did a really good job. I wasn't even home at the time and they left everything perfect.

Description of Work
They repaired our gutters.

Category gutter repair

02/15/2012

I needed a small addition to our home roofed. It has a weird pitch to the roof, and Abrams suggested and did the work that they suggested. I have used them in the past to repair roof leaks. They are reasonable in price and do excellent work. I would recommend the company without hesitation.

Description of Work
Roof a small addition to our home. Aso removed and replaced shingles and added flashing on dormers due to leak.

10/03/2011

It was OK, but we ended up using a different company. They took more time with us, we actually appreciated their input and all looked great in the end with no more gutter cleaning.

Description of Work
We wanted several estimates for replacing our roof. The man who came out was very nice, but his estimate was higher. While we would have paid for this, he did not give us good info on putting up gutter guards and left us no samples of this. That was very important to us. I have heard good things about this company, but we used another company b/c we liked what the salesmans had to say. We also liked his information on what shingles would work best, life length of the shingles, and gutter guard samples.

Category roofing,roof cleaning

Member, In response to your comment, we are pleased that you found our estimator to be pleasant, he has worked for this company for 21 years and he really knows this industry well. We do apologize however, that we did not provide you with the gutter cover information to your satisfaction. Mr. Calhoun did say that he took time to meet with the member and discuss the gutter cover needs with him as well as provide him with a brochure on the product. Perhaps in the future we will make sure to carry extra product samples so we don't loose a vaulable customer such as yourself. As you know, Abrams is a family owned and operated business of 52 years and your satisfaction is important to us. We hope to have the opportunity in the future to serve you. Kindest Regards, Abrams Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc. Customer Service

Altering & Remodeling Contractors,Building Construction Consultants,Building Specialties,Business Coaches & Consultants,Gutters & Downspouts,Lead Paint Detection & Removal,Roof & Floor Structures,Roofing Services Consultants,Testing Centers & Services