Aable Appliance Repair

Founded 1981 • With Angi since June 2010

6521 Greenwood Road

Louisville, KY 40258

Call 502-459-0303 for fast response! Now celebrating over 38 years in business, Aable Appliance Repair continues to be known for delivering top-notch maintenance and repair of residential brand name appliances to the people of Metro Louisville and Southern Indiana. Locally and family owned and operated, our clients know that they can depend on us for professional care at very competitive prices. Licensed and insured, we offer same-day/next-day service in most cases. The service call fee is separate from the repair and due at the time of service. When repairs are made, parts, tax, and labor are charged in addition to the service call fee, and also due at the time of service. Complete the request service form, or call our office to speak with a team member or technician about your problem. We offer evening and weekend service to accommodate our clients’ hectic schedules, with no extra charge on parts and labor. Additional DBAs: Brown Brothers Refrigeration. Alternate Phone: (812) 948-0204 Sun – Currently Unavailable....

4.3

appliance repair (396)gas leak repair (2)dryer vent cleaning (7)small appliance repair (6)large appliances (4)

03/29/2022

Mark T.

Will did great service fixed immediately and explained how to prevent it from happening again. Will was very friendly and even took time to speak to my 88 year old mother and make her smile. Great job guys and thanks!

Description of Work
Washer over flowing

Work Completed On 03/29/2022

08/03/2021

Nikki E.

3/11/2021 Paid $439.55 for control board replacement. 5/6/2021 unit not defrosting again. Without testing parts, tech said we had a bad door seal (despite lack of condensation around the seals) or were leaving the door open too much. Manually defrosted coils and did not charge us but unit froze up again within a month. Manually defrosted ourselves because we were going out of town and didn't want unit to fail while we were away. Unit again froze up. I called and requested manager. I told the office admin we wanted a waiver on trip charge and understood there would be additional charges (because the board replacement didn't fix the problem. They did not call back the same day. The admin called the second day and said the tech manager refused the trip charge waiver. It's a 7 year old refrigerator and more charges would not have been a good financial decision. I worked in the appliance industry in customer service for 22 years. There would have been at least some concession for a situation like this. Shoddy customer service and poor diagnostician. I will never use Aable again and will advise anyone that asks me to do the same.

Description of Work
Bottom freezer refrigerator not defrosting

Work Completed On 05/06/2021

04/01/2021

Nolan S.

Technician called to say he was on his and was on time, I let mr smith know what was going on and he had my refrigerator up and running properly in no time. Would recommend aable appliance to anyone in the future.

Description of Work
My refrigerator leaked.

Work Completed On 02/10/2021

Mr. [Member Name Removed] Thank you for your review. It is our goal to provide the best quality service to all our customers I am glad you had a positive experience. Dave B. Owner

03/30/2021

Jacquelyn C.

Called gave model number etc technician very nice didn't have part I was informed he been waiting for that part for 2 weeks for other customers paid $79 service run. Got the receipt by e-mail after I had to call. They stated a appointment was going to be March 28 I e-mail them back to make sure that was a Sunday and palm Sunday. Of course no response so we sat here all day till 5 p m no show no call no response guess I'm another one that fell through the crack

Description of Work
Electric dryer repair

Work Completed On 03/25/2021

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Sorry you had a unsatisfactory experience, Due to Covid we have had to change the way we obtain parts. In the past we could pick up all the possible parts that could cause your problem and bring them all out with us and return what was not used. The parts distributors no longer allows this practice as a safety precaution for their workers. Your part was one that all our distributors were out of at the time. It looks like your job was completed on april 5th. If you have any problem with the dryer please call us back as we guarantee all our work. Thank You David B. Owner

01/18/2021

Mary Ann A.

Very well! I had a sink full of ice when was finished! Mike did a wonderful job & I highly recommend Aable! Thank you!

Description of Work
Water was leaking in my refrigerator!

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

Glad you had a good experience we try very hard to provide good service. db

11/14/2020

Charles W.

He replaced the icemaker but he said that he didn't want to replace the water filter

Description of Work
I needed the the icemaker in my freezer replaced and the water filter replaced

Work Completed On 11/14/2020

Sorry you had a less than perfect experience, he should have explained that you can purchase water filters for 1/2 the price on line than we can provide from the local parts distributor, i'm sure he was just trying to save you a good sum of money on the filter its self.

09/17/2020

Tarise M.

My service tech Michael was very professional. Due to COVID there was a large window for the service call. From his arrival to his departure the second day, I completely satisfied. This company is professional, thorough and HONEST. They will be my go to for my appliance repairs in the future.

Description of Work
Washer on a stackable stopped mid cycle

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

Thank you for you comment.

07/31/2020

Rebecca B.

We have used Aable Appliance before and had no problems. This time we called as our washing machine was leaking. They told us they charged close to $80 to come out and even thought that seems high, we had worked with them before, so we agreed. We gave them all the information (model #, etc) and set up the appointment . I was assuming that you give them the model # information so they can make sure they have the hose or gasket or whatever part you need when they arrive.. That's not the case. The repairman arrived, looked at the hose and said it had a leak and said they couldn't get the parts to fix it. They then charged us close to $80 and was gone in about 10 minutes. Since I gave them all the model information before they came, couldn't they let us know they probably wouldn't be able to repair the washer as they can't get the parts? I called and left a message complaining about being charged when they had to know before hand they couldn't get the parts (they evidently don't make Maytags anymore. Seems like something they would have known before they came out). They didn't call me back. I'm guessing customer service isn't important. I will never use them again.

Description of Work
fix leaking washing machine

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

[Member Name Removed] Sorry you feel like you were let down! A washer can leak from many different places, ( ie. cracked tub, water pump, fill valve, dispensers, many different hoses, etc.) That's why no one can tell where the leak is coming from without looking at the machine 1st. Not all parts for that machine are unavailable while others are still available, so without a service visit to your home and looking at your machine to see where the leak is coming from we would have no idea which part is needed, and if it is available or not. Due to Covid-19 our parts distributors will not allow returns of unneeded parts, so we can't bring with us every part your machine could possibly need. The $79.00 service call is to cover the cost of our technicians time & gas driving to your home plus the time spent diagnosing your appliance & researching your parts then supplying you with an estimate. The service charge also helps cover the cost of advertising, land lines & cellphones plus the office personnel to take your service call, office rental, internet service, business insurance, taxes too mention a few costs of doing business. I would also like to apologize; for you not giving you a return call, I don't know why that happened? We are short staffed because of the Covid-19 so as the owner, to take care of my customers I have had to work in the field repairing appliances as well as working in the office stretching myself thin & you may have slipped through the cracks, if you would have called back again I'm sure we would have spoken, Good customer service is very important to me & my employees. Thank you D.B.

06/23/2020

Gary D.

I had to start YouTube videos on icemaker removal while he watched so that he could he could remove -once watched it came right out. He had been trying to convince me that it was not completely thawed and I would need to wait more before he could remove it - I knew that was erroneous given a previous Samsung tech removed it with NO defrosting (I am sure he simply wanted to be gone given he did not know what the heck he was ****)- that is why I pulled up the YouTube video on my computer for him to watch. YouTube also show other checks that should be made - I tried to explain to him that I wanted them checked - he said he was not familiar with those repairs, He left without any attempt to even look at them. I told him I was NOT happy, paid him and he left. I will never use then again. I was in customer service for over 45 yrs (yes I am that old) – this is a bad as it gets

Description of Work
Ice maker for Samsung refrigerator replaced

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

We recommend that customers call us back if they have an issue or are not satisfied with our work and allow us the opportunity to resolve the issue for them. (Customer service). My technician that was sent out is a seasoned refrigeration technician but has only been working on Samsung for a few months, Upon arrival the ice-maker & housing that it sits in was melted from the customer attempting to thaw it with a hair dryer, destroying the ice-maker and surrounding area impeding the removal of the ice-maker. This ice-maker if not removed gently, will break a Freon line and render the refrigerator useless. Please check out our other reviews.

05/08/2020

Robert W.

Prompt, efficient, friendly, quality work.

Description of Work
oven element

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

Glad we were able to resolve your problem we like to keep machines working as we all know they don't make the new ones like they used too. Thanks D.B.

Appliance Repair - Washer, Dryer, Dishwasher, Range, Wall Oven, Cooktop, Fridge, Garbage Disposal, Freezer,

Small Appliances. Commercial Appliances. Dryer Vent Cleaning. HVAC Repair.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check