Thorobilt Construction LLC

Founded 1998 • With Angi since December 2009

PO Box 24101

Lexington, KY 40524

Thorobilt Construction seeks to provide professional and courteous service to our customers in Central Kentucky. We specialize in custom remodeling, roofing, historic home preservation, home and barn renovation, garages, basement finishes, windows and siding and we are now Certified Green Builders. We look forward to meeting the many needs of our new and existing clients and strive to give the utmost attention to detail in all of our projects. Customer satisfaction is our number one goal. Registered contractor with Kentucky Home Performance and Certified Green Builders. We also use all recycled materials and build homes for Habitat for Humanity....

05/29/2018

Eric M.

Great. excellent job and happy with end product.

Description of Work
Renovation of screened in patio

Category ceramic tile,remodeling,sunrooms

Many thanks [Member Name Removed]. We look forward to working with you again.

05/19/2018

dorinda J.

I was well pleased with the work that was done.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel replaced all carpet with hardwood floors.

05/12/2018

Mary S.

I have used Thorobilt for various home improvement projects. Steve and his contractors are very dependable and do quality work. Thorobilt is my go to company for all of my home improvement needs.

Description of Work
Painting, electric work, general repairs

Category ceramic tile,gutter cleaning,handyman service,remodeling,roofing,interior painters

Many thanks [Member Name Removed]. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

06/07/2015

Leslie M.

Walked around roof for a few minutes and then came down and told me the prior roof contractor did a poor job. Had a leak around chimney which was not repaired. Will not use this contractor in the future for any needed repairs, roof or otherwise.

Description of Work
Inspected Roof.

Category roofing,chimney repair

This is the second time I've responded to this review. Angie's List, for some apparent reason, didn't see fit to print the first one. We are very sorry that we were unable to satisfy (removed member name) needs. We ALWAYS strive to do our very best. Sometimes all of us on this earth fall short, and that's regrettable. I don't recall the particulars of this project since it took place over 3 YEARS AGO. It's possible that due to the condition of the roof at the time we were unable to repair her roof/chimney under the program as it was outlined. We are more than happy to issue a full refund if (removed member name) will call our office to make the arrangements. Our number is 859-278-7519

05/21/2015

Kristin C.

The gentlemen were timely, polite, and extremely professional. The work was done quickly, and they didn't try to upsell me on any services not needed, but did give me good information on steps I could take to keep my home maintained. Would call them again in a flash.

Description of Work
Cost is really just approximate - several services were performed, including work on chimney, roof, and fixing some plaster in my older home.

Category roofing,chimney repair

12/21/2014

Diane L.

They were incredible. Very fair price given the extent of the work that had to be done. Very responsive and clean and professional. Mr. Farris gave me an estimate and actually was able to do the work for a bit less. It was a huge job and I could not ask for a better contractor. I would highly recommend them to anybody and will always use them in the future. Awesome!

Description of Work
My sewer line collapsed on my property. The hookup to the street was 10 ft. underground and it ran under my driveway. It was an extensive job and they were awesome. They were extremely clean and diligent and got the job done as quickly as possible. I will use them for all my home repair needs.

Category handyman service,plumbing,roofing

12/15/2014

Sabine G.

After we had some high winds, pieces of the aluminum fascia and siding under the soffits had blown off. Our gables are very high, two story and attic on one side and almost two story on the other end. My husband and I had over 15 contractors come out and look at the needed repairs. We had priced the materials ourselves between $150.00 and 200.00 but the estimates ranged between $300.00 with plus materials to $1,500.00. Three of the contractors gave us a date for the scheduled repairs but never showed up. We were even told by some that the job was just too small. None of them showed up on time for appointments. My husband used to have a construction company years ago and we knew that the repair was simple even though several companies tried to tell us it was difficult and complicated. My first impression of Thorobilt Construction was a good one. The owner, Steve Farris, called me right back and showed up on time to look at the damage and estimated the repair cost very fairly. This was a great improvement over our past experiences. We had a few days delay to start because it was raining and that was not a problem. Joe and Chris called the day before to make sure everything was a go. Both of them were not only very courteous and polite but very professional and knowledgeable. Their craftsmanship was great ! ! ! The weather was really cold but it did not deter them. The repairs were done in a day and the results are wonderful. Quality workmanship shows and we are very happy with the work performed. Steve came by the day after to make sure we were happy with the work. This was great as well. My husband and I can highly recommend Thorobilt Construction for any construction needs you may have. We will use this company in the future when the need arises. The price was very reasonable, the work done professionally and on time. Thank you for a job well done.

Description of Work
Repaired soffits and fascia boards after wind damage.

Category contractors,gutter repair,roofing,siding

Thanks for the kind words. We enjoyed working with you and hope you will call us again.

06/26/2014

J. D.

Steve Farris and his workers were top-notch in their expertise, attention to quality & detail, communication, and professionalism. It's such a pleasure to work with someone who will do only quality work! Steve was very understanding of my needs, and his work was beyond my expectations. His workers were very nice and did excellent work. I highly recommend Thorobilt!

Description of Work
Replaced rotting siding.

Category siding

Thanks Mrs. [member name removed]. We enjoyed working with you. We wish you all the best in your new home.

03/06/2014

Tina S.

They came out quickly. He offered some good advice and I would call them again. They fixed a minor repair on something else that they do not even normally do. He was very honest and I felt the $95.00 was well worth the service. He mentioned items for the future that I would do and he did not try to sell unneeded services.

Description of Work
They came to do a roof inspection and there was a little flashing that they fixed. They found that no roof repair was needed. I had concerns with leaks in the basement and on the first floor.

01/18/2014

Ryan C.

Steve from Thorobilt was the most professional contractor I have ever worked with. Every step in the process was discussed clearly, and he was always available for questions. After I made first contact, he returned my call quickly and came to bid the job that day, even with truck trouble. He always kept us posted on the next step. The work was done quickly and well. He was dilligent and professional. Will definitely call him again.

Description of Work

[removed member name] Many thanks for the kind words. We always appreciate a pat on the back and we enjoyed working with you as well. Things did work go nicely on the project and we're glad you're pleased. We hope we can be of service to you again in the near future. Thanks again. Kindest regards and most sincerely, Steve

Stone Age Masonry

Additional contact name - Tina Copley

Smith Drywall

We specialize in drywall and sheetrock installs, repairs, finishing, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today. Smith Drywall is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade, combined with ability, is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests, and make their concerns the basis of our business.

Brays Drywall, Inc

Bray's Drywall Inc is a family owned and operated business. We have been dealing in drywall projects since 2016 and have expanded enough to start our own Company. We have excellent office staff to handle any concerns you might have and we have quality staff that will be working with clients in their homes. We have been fortunate enough to find outstanding staff to help you make it through the project and end with walls you will love to stare at!

Home Improvements, Renovations, Remodeling & Roofing Specialists, Historic Preservation, Barn Renovations, Siding (including installation of James Hardie products) & Windows.