The Blinds Man

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2010

4.1

468 Southland Dr

Lexington, KY 40503

Are your blinds faded? Maybe it's just time for a room makeover? Whatever the reason, you can trust us to provide you with everything you need from blinds to roman shades. We specialize in beautiful blinds, draperies, window treatments and more. With custom options and great brands like Hunter

09/23/2017

Tami M.

We had to do this in a phased approach due to the expense. We did approx. 5-10 window at a time. The blinds were good quality and once someone to the house to install it was god work. The challenge is getting someone to answer the phone, have any relevant information or call you back. I constantly had to follow up even after leaving messages. I guess they are just too busy and don't need the business.

Description of Work
We built a new house and needed blinds on over 20 windows - various shapes and sizes. We selected 2" faux wood blinds, no hole.

10/08/2014

Carole S.

They were excellent. He came out after I called and did accurate measurements. He did a great job with the installation.

Description of Work
We have used him on two separate occasions. They have done all of our window blinds throughout our house, approximately 17 windows.

03/30/2014

Gayle G.

The product is excellent, and the service was exceptional.

Description of Work
Wood,2 inch blinds were installed on 11 Windows.

Category window treatments

We are so pleased to hear you are happy with your new blinds and the service we provided. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you again in the future.

02/24/2014

Elizabeth R.

The price was great and the end product was beautiful.

Description of Work
It went great.

Category window treatments

We are so glad to hear you are happy with your blinds and shades! We enjoyed working with you and hope you will contact us in the future. We would love to see the finished product if you are ever in the area or would like to send us pictures!

01/31/2014

Diana B.

Very well. Came to house to measure and choose color (2 weeks for order to come in). Returned to hang blinds.

Description of Work
Purchased and hung blinds for bedroom and closet.

10/30/2013

MARY LOU M.

Description of Work
Did not use their produce. No reason except I liked something other better.

Category window treatments

We are sorry we were not able to provide what you were looking for, but thankful you were able to find a company who did. Thank you for contacting us and we hope we can help with any future projects you may have.

09/11/2013

Larry F.

I gave them the measurements of the drapery panels and the 3 pillows. They gave me a quote for the work order and the yardage needed for the work order. I supplied them with the fabric - as their quote for the same fabric was substantially higher than other suppliers. They had all fabric in house and we had a written work order on August 7th. They told me the order would be ready for pick-up on August 27th. That date arrived and I was told next week - next week arrived and I was told next week. On Friday of that week, September 6th., I was told the order will definitely be ready for pick-up on Tuesday, September, 10th. On Tuesday, September 10th., I received an email from Blinds Man telling me they needed 3 more yards of fabric to do the drapery panels. I went into the store to discuss the problem. Not one single item of the work order was completed.....only two linings for the drapery panels had even been cut. It was very obvious to me this was a very poorly managed business. I left with all of my fabric - took it down the street to a very helpful business who gave me a completion date that I am confident will be honored. P.S. They told me I DID NOT need 3 more yards of fabric to do the order.

Description of Work
I went to Blinds Man to get 6 pinched pleated drapery panels, all measuring not over 39 inches in length , and 3 pillows made.

Category window treatments

We apologize for the delays and in-completion in [member name removed] work. We have one fabricator in the workroom and cannot always foresee delays. We were in communication with the customer and were fitting her into an already very busy schedule. The actual project only took about a day to complete and would have been available for pick-up had we realized there was not enough material. We agree our price was substantially higher than the price the customer could purchase it for and recommended she bring the material to us rather than purchasing it from our company. We apologize for the customers delays and frustrations. We are sorry a solution could not be agreed upon by [member name removed] and our company.

05/16/2013

Susan H.

They estimated that they could get the custom-made blinds and seat cushion to me in 6 weeks. That timeframe was ok with me. They are a small business and six weeks seemed reasonable for a custom order. After 6 weeks, I hadn't heard from them, so I visited their shop and they told me why my order had been delayed and assured me that they were working on my order. Even after repeated calls, I never got a firm date for the completion and installation of the blinds. At one point they told me that my order was completed but they didn't give me an delivery/installation date. Finally, I went into the shop. I saw that they had completed the window seat, but had only started on the blinds. They were no where near completion. I was told that they'd work all night to finish my order. They did finish it that week and installed the order the next week. The blinds and cushionand are nice, they made adjustments to them when the blinds and cushion didn't exactly fit the window. Considering that this was a custom order, I would have expected them to at least tell me when they experienced delays and then give me a solid completion date. Why tell me the blinds were finished when they weren't? I don't feel that I can rely on them so I won't be doing any future business with them.

Description of Work
I wanted new blinds/shades to replace the ones in my master bedroom's bow window.. The Blinds Man showed me their Hunter Douglas Roman blinds and when I explained that I wanted something a little different, they told me they could custom-make the Roman shades as well as a window cushion to match.

Category window treatments

We apologize for any miscommunications between our company and (Member name removed). It was never our intention to mislead about her project or it's completion. We hope she is happy with the finished results and our efforts to make sure the project was completed to her satisfaction.

09/14/2012

Josh B.

They showed up on time and did what they said they were going to do for a fair price. They were great!

Description of Work
They installed window treatments.

NAT S.

The quality of the work was very good. They did what they were supposed to do. They did a careful job.

Description of Work
They custom made blinds for our door.

Category interior designers

Mary P.

The service went very well overall. They were very willing to work with us on any requests that we had. They had a creative approach to the situation we asked them to address, and were very good to work with overall! Because they got backed up on the amount of work they had, they subbed out a small portion of the job. The sub made a mess of things, and what really impressed me about the Blinds Man is that they stood behind what they agreed to take on, even the items that the sub was to do. They really bent over backwards to get everything right and to our satisfaction. We were very pleased overall!

Description of Work
They created cushion & mattress covers.

Category interior designers

MARGARET C.

The service was fine overall. I've used them for 2-3 different homes, and I've been always been happy with their work.

Description of Work
They've installed window blinds and draperies.

Clarice T.

The service was very good overall. They measured then ordered them and had them made elsewhere, so there was six-week wait until they installed the actual shutters. They came out when we really had some iciness. I've enjoyed the shutters!

Description of Work
They installed wooden, plantation style shutters for the inside of the home.

Alta M.

The service was excellent overall. The technician was very punctual, knowledgeable, and delivered the shutters within the time frame that he gave initially. He was also professional and did an excellent job. I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
They installed traditional shutters on my windows in the interior of my home.

Carol K.

The service was okay overall. He dropped the materials on my hardwood floor, putting a knick in the floor. When I told him about this he denied doing it. Otherwise, the blinds were good.

Description of Work
He installed blinds about 2 and a half years ago.

08/14/2012

Evelyn C.

See the details above.

Description of Work
Services that were performed: (was short of the written estimate/contract) were seven pillows and a king bead spread.This is what I experienced:There are only three people who work in this shop. The owners are a married couple, Larry and Tammy. Courtney is the very kind, easy to talk to receptionist and manager of the activities in the shop. But don't let her kindness fool you. Larry is in charge of blind placement. Tammy is in charge of the "work room" where she makes the window treatments. Larry is capapble to do a good job. Tammy, on the other hand, will talk a good game and provide a good estimate but when the time the job is initiated or complete, you will see significant shortcomings at what she contracts to do...or at least I did.I recieved an estimate in February of 2012 by Tammy. She had me order some fabric from her, but I had most of my own fabric. I had her write up an estimate for a king bedspread, two king shams, three euro pillows, a roll pillow and a small round pillow, all to go on a bed. Her estimate was reasonable. Courtney, their secretary, told me that this job could be completed the middle of May.Tammy did not start on my job until the second week of July! I had stayed patient up till the beginning of July, and then I explained that I needed this work done for a special occasion. By the second week of July, my job was still incomplete. But this was not the biggest issue...Instead of Tammy taking her time and doing a professional job, she stayed up all night to complete the job that should have been done six weeks before. First she made my king pillows. The cording that surrounded the pillows did not even come together. She left at least two centimeters on each corner. The band that I purchased from her to border the side of the boxed king pillow was sewn unevenly in the box area and Tammy did not even use thread that matched the expensive banding I purchased! Worst of all, the fabric that was used ($154.00/yard) was not centered on the king pillow. Additionally, Tammy had me order four more yards than what I needed! When she gave me the fabric back, I saw that she had cut out each pillow pattern twice. The first cut she messed up and had to cut it again. However, on the second cut of this expensive fabric, she still did not cut it right because the pattern was not centered on my pillows. That was just the first two errors she made. Overall, the work on the bedding was very sloppy. When I pointed out the short comings on the pillows, she was very offended and denied it. Instead of making them better or correcting the errors, she quit the job and did not complete what she was supposed to do. Overall, the job cost me a lot of money and time and the job was not even completed. On one pillow ( the roll pillow), she actually took all of my yardage that I purchased for that pillow (the pillow she attempted was not as we had talked about so she ripped took it apart, and did not have proper yardage to make the pillow I had ordered) and gave it back to me in seven peices!!! That was over $100.00 that she ruined.She did not bother to talk these issues out with me. She wrapped all the remaining yardage that went to the other projects, wrapped them in a bag and set them outside of my garage at 8:20 on a Saturday morning. With the material, she left me a written note that she did not want to complete the job. She texted me and told me that all of my remaining materials were sitting outside of my garage!!! When I found the text at 8:45am, I asked her to call and talk to me. She NEVER returned my call. The following week I called the store to straighten some issues out and she refused to talke to me. Instead, she had Courtney communicate for her. The biggest disappointment is that she used my beautiful fabric and ruined the biggest part of it. Don't bother with using Tammy. Tammy was very unprofessional and made NO effort to resolve issues.

Category window treatments

As a long standing customer, we are very sorry for the experience you have had using our company on this occasion. Often Tami and Courtney stay after hours to accommodate busy schedules and are always up front about their calendars. Tami was willing to make corrections to the three pillows with which you were not pleased. Based on your initial complaint and subsequent communications Tami felt that she would not be able to make you happy. She apologized for not meeting your expectations on this project and refunded your money, gave you pillow forms, lining and other supplies used to make four pillows and a comforter that you were happy with. We are sending you a check for $149.50, in addition to the refund on your deposit already received, and hope you find someone to do your work as well as what has been done on many other occasions.

04/24/2012

Lovell L.

The entire selection, purchase, and installation went perfectly. We are very pleased with the entire job.

Description of Work
This is the second home that we have contacted Larry about regarding window treatments/blinds. He is absolutely wonderful to work with. We asked to see specific styles of blinds and were shown those from different manufacturers and in different price ranges. He explained to us each type of blind and how it would be installed and function. He was extremely patient in letting us view the different types of samples in each room to evaluate color/style as well as functionality and took lots of time while we discussed pros, cons, etc. of what we liked and didn't like about different products. He did not push us to purchase any product and was willing to let us order as we could afford and add to over time. Larry was specific in his measurements and showed us how each blind would fit our different window types. Our blinds were ordered and came in within the time frame that was given. He was very flexible about when the blinds would be installed. On installation day, Larry was organized and extremely efficient and accommodating. Each blind was installed very securely and functioned perfectly. There was no mess at all, and all trash was disposed of by The Blinds Man. You get what you pay for and when considering quality as well as installation costs, these blinds were very competitively priced. We are extremely pleased with their quality, look, and performance. When it comes to future installation/purchase, we will definitely return to The Blinds Man and look forward to dealing with Larry again in the future. I highly recommend this company and owner.

06/17/2011

Catherine K.

Overall, the job went great. I actually had the fabric and so, with a couple of suggestions, they accommodated my special needs for the drapes. They managed the deal with the fabric that I had as it was not possible to get anymore. They were a little expensive

Description of Work
I have used the services of Blinds Man two years ago for window treatment. They also custom made some drapes for me.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Residential & Commercial Interior Window Treatments - Blinds, Interior Shutters, Custom Draperies & Bedding, Custom Roman Shades, Valances, & Cornices, Cellular Shades.

Exterior Shutters