Talon Home Inspections

Founded 2014 • With Angi since January 2015

4101 Tates Crk Ctr Dr Ste 150-PMB 312

Lexington, KY 40517

Talon Home Inspections will thoroughly inspect any residential dwelling and provide a complete and comprehensive report of all the major systems and components in your home within 24 hours of any inspection. Our reports are clear, concise, informative, and specific to every house we inspect. They contain photos, drawings and video to make it easier to understand and identify problems and deficiencies within the home and recommendations to prevent future problems. This is especially helpful in areas that are not readily visible like crawlspaces and attics. We are a member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB), American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), and Kentucky Real Estate Inspectors Association (KREIA). Check out our Media section on Angie's List for a copy of a sample inspection report and agreement....

03/31/2022

Karen M.

The home inspection went well. I was very pleased with the thoroughness of the inspection. Mr. Barone, took the time to go over everything he found that needed attention, in detail. He also gave suggestions of how to correct my issues. I would definitely use Talon Home Inspections again and would recommend Talon to anyone needing a home inspection.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

03/17/2022

Leila M.

As a first time home buyer, I wanted to make sure that every step was covered in a way that I could understand the process and the impact of the inspection results. I was so relieved at having chosen Talon because they checked every box. Patient, professional, thorough, friendly, etc. He was able to explain everything in a way that saved me from buying a house that was not right for my family. I can't recommend them enough!

Description of Work
Home Inspection Prior to Purchase

Category home inspection

Thank you for the review. Happy House hunting.

02/28/2022

E B.

Carlo was very knowledgeable and professional. After his extensive inspection he walked with me throughout the house Indicating his findings. He answered all questions. The report received was very extensive including pictures with written descriptions. Also he showed what could be done to make corrections. I would definitely recommend Carlo and would use him again.

Description of Work
Whole house inspection with radon testing

Category home inspection,radon testing

Thank you for the review. It was a pleasure meeting you and all the best for the future.

10/19/2021

Lisa C.

Pleasant experience. Seemed very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Gave us recommendations for our issues.

Description of Work
Foundation inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you for the review.

10/12/2021

Kelli D.

Mr. Barone was very responsive to my email request and all questions. I would greatly recommend him for a home inspection. The final report was very detailed, contained pictures and I was able to create work lists for contractors. A+ work and reporting.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

08/29/2021

Don M.

Absolutely the finest, most complete home inspection I have ever received. Talon Home Inspections is simply the best. I have purchased several homes and never had an inspection so complete. This was a large, 5 bedroom house built in 1830 with several outbuildings that were inspected as well. The inspector took all this into consideration and clearly identified age-related issues within the report. I can't say enough about this company. I highly recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

08/16/2021

Ian M.

Flawless. Carlo is the man. Called me back within 24 hrs to schedule the inspection an was able to do it within several days. Sent me the details to review of services that would be performed, etc...a couple days beforehand. Called to insure all was well the day before work was to be done. Took 3 hours to complete inspection. Over the course of the 4th hour, he reviewed with me, my wife and my realtor issues that he found. He started off by stating there was nothing major which was a big relief. Then he went THOROUGHLY through the other things he has found. When he does the inspection it is all uploaded to a report that you can access in case anything is missed (down to lose outlets!) Payment was requested at end of services. We received a homeowner maintenance guide and a nifty worksheet that allos the buyer to negotiate repairs/compensation for issues found. The following day I left a message with Carlo to discuss further one of the issues he noted and he called me back (after hours!) to discuss. Couldn't be more pleased with his service. 110 percent A+!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you very much for the terrific review. Pleasure meeting you and your wife. Best wishes for the future and enjoy your new home.

03/05/2021

Chris C.

I have had Carlo at Talon inspect 2 homes for me this past year. His professionalism, attention to detail, quality and care are unparalleled. I will not use or recommend another home inspection service in the greater Lexington area while Carlo is in the business. It has been refreshing to say the least to have a business that truly cares about the customer and understands that his input will guide you through the biggest financial investment most of us will make in our lives! Honest, thorough caring and responsive are the hallmark of Talon Home Inspections. There is no alternative in his service area! Thank you Carlo!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you very much for the terrific review. I'm so glad things worked out for your family. Best wishes for the future and enjoy your new home.

02/12/2021

Anthony W.

It went great, this is my 3rd time buying a house and I have never experience the great service that Talon Home Inspection provided. I love the walk through outside and inside of the house of the concerns he found that may need to be look at or addressed. I received the report the same day, the report is online and very detailed. It show's you picture of issue and another picture/diagram of what it should be. My favorite thing about the report is that I can create a repair list that gets emailed to my realtor which she can forward to the seller of what repairs I would like to see happen. Carlo the inspector is a great guy, communicates well and does great work. I will definitely use him again when buying a house.

Description of Work
Home Inspection & Radon Testing

Category home inspection,radon testing

Thank you for the great review. Best wishes for the future.

01/16/2021

Audrey B.

Talon Home Inspections was recommended to me by a friend, and I'm so glad I went with her recommendation! I had two home inspections done by Carlo and was very impressed. He was thorough, responsive and professional throughout the entire process.

Description of Work
Pre-purchase home inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you for the review. Enjoy your new home and best wishes for the future.

12/28/2020

Mike Y.

The inspection went off without a hitch. Carlo was professional and beyond informative, I honestly couldn't recommend him more. After his inspection we did a walkthrough of the home and he spent an hour or so going through his findings with me, and later that evening I got the full inspection report - complete with pictures and expanded explanations and examples.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you for the great review. Best wishes for the future.

11/25/2020

Amy J.

Fabulous! VERY happy with his service!

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category radon testing

Thank you for the review. Happy Thanks Giving to you and your family.

11/23/2020

Ricky H.

Fantastic. Carlo was very informative and his attention to detail is outstanding. Would recommend to anyone to insure they are making a good investment on their new home.

Description of Work
Home inspection

10/26/2020

Lance B.

extremely professional and thorough. Report was detailed with pictures on all recommended issues, no matter how minor, and potential solutions. Has a solid rating on all social media platforms for a reason...fantastic service.

Description of Work
Home inspection for private sale.

09/27/2020

Robert F.

Carlo is very thorough and professional yet also very personable. We've used him three times and every time he has been awesome! We can't say enough good things about him. Do yourself a favor and book Carlo, you won't regret it!

Description of Work
Inspection

08/10/2020

Joe H.

Carlo did an amazing job! He was very through with his inspection and pointed out even the smallest details so that we knew exactly what type of condition the home was in and what to expect going forward. Being a first time homebuyer, I feel much more confident going forward with my purchase after having Carlo inspect our new house. I highly recommended him to anyone looking to get a home inspection.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you for the review. Pleasure meeting you and enjoy your new home. Best wishes for the future.

07/25/2020

Lisa S.

Talon Home Inspections provided both my home inspection and Radon Test. The inspection and Radon test went very well. Carlo was punctual and professional. He provided a very detailed report that was beyond what I expected. He also provided a home owner book that had a section to track improvements/repairs which was an unexpected bonus. The sellers had a couple of breakers turned off when he was there for the inspection so he was unable to test the stove and if the hot water heater was working, but he agreed if the sellers turned back on the breakers to check those things when he came back to pick up the Radon test equipment, we were able to get them to turn the breakers on and Carlo did test the stove and water heater when he went back. He also encouraged me to reach back out if I have any further questions. I would definitely use Talon Home Inspections again.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection,radon testing

Thank you for the great review. Pleasure meeting you and best wishes for the future. Enjoy your new home.

07/22/2020

phyllis S.

It went well. He was thorough and provided a detailed report.

Description of Work
home inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you for the review.

06/29/2020

Akram K.

The inspection went very well. Carlo did a great job. The amount of detail in the report was beyond my expectations. Home inspections use an HTML report format that allows for photos and videos of the inspection along with recommendations. They also offer a home owner inspection book that allows for keeping tracking of any improvement or repairs done in the future and has tons of tips and recommendations.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you for the great review. Best wishes for the future and enjoy your new home.

06/15/2020

June T.

Carlo was extremely thorough, we hired Carlo for our original purchase and had him come back out to do our 1 year inspections before our warranties we done. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to purchase a home.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you for the review and best wishes for the future.

05/18/2020

Chris W.

Carlo is incredibly thorough and explains every step of the way. He includes links and tips in his final report and even calls to follow up in case you had any questions. I've used him more than once and will again.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you for the review. Pleasure dealing with you again. Best wishes for the future.

05/16/2020

Ryan S.

My goodness did he find everything. Not only that, but the walk through was so detailed. Would recommend Talon to anyone looking to get a job done right the first time.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

05/10/2020

Tracey F.

Carlo from Talon home inspections completed our inspection. He was very knowledgeable, detail oriented and thorough. He took as much time as necessary and spent time completing a walk through with us to explain his findings. I would highly recommend Carlo for anyone making a home purchase. His pricing is not the least expensive but his work is worth every penny. I am not leaving pricing information because pricing is determined by the size of the home. If you need a quote he will be more than happy to give you one.

Description of Work
Home and Radon inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you for the great review. Pleasure meeting you. Best wishes for the future and enjoy your new home.

05/10/2020

Greg K.

Excellent communications and detailed reporting. The HomeGauge software he uses is especially useful for sending inspection results.

Description of Work
Home inspection and Radon Testing

Category home inspection,radon testing

Thank you for the review. Enjoy your new home and best wishes for the future,

05/07/2020

Bruce P.

Carlo was extremely through in his inspection and found a number items that needed repaired even though it was a new constructed home. He is very attentive to the clients needs and special requests. I was very comfortable after the inspection. I brought each item to the attention of the builder for correction, so his work was very worthwhile. We will use no other inspector in the future as I believe I found the best in Talon Inspections.

Description of Work
Complete Home Inspection of Newly Constructed Ball Home

Category home inspection

Thank you for the great review. Enjoy your new home and best wishes for the future.

Advanced Radon Services LLC

Not every house or commercial building needs diagnostic testing. Many older homes and commercial buildings have features that require diagnostic testing to determine which type of system to install. Diagnostic testing of sub-concrete slab soil conditions have saved our clients several hundreds or even thousands of dollars. We have 4 convenient locations; Somerset, Bowling Green, Elizabethtown, and Lexington. Please call us for more details. Additional DBA: Radon Busters

Win Home Inspection

WIN Home Inspection is a full service home inspection company that performs the following services: Home inspections, radon testing, sewer scope, indoor air quality services, Infra red thermography, mold and water testing. We are a full service company. My company is the most service comprehensive company in Central KY. My background is Engineering and Industrial Maintenance Management, so I am very detailed oriented. I take my time and I do not rush. My reports are usually 40+ pages long with detailed pictures and descriptions. I am owner operated. I got tired of working for someone else and decided to go out on my own. I love to do home inspections. It is my passion. I was always told that if you enjoy what you do you never will work a day in your life and thats what I feel about home inspections. Its always something different for sure and the people are great!!

Offers by Win Home Inspection on Angi
    HI 103758

Home Inspections, including a tour of the home so that the home inspector can go over any details with you and answer any questions or concerns you might have about the home. Our typically home inspection takes between 4 to 6 hours depending on the size and condition of the home and the tour takes between 30-60 minutes. We never inspect more than one home a day, giving your home our undivided attention. When using Talon Home Inspections to perform your general home inspection, a Radon Test can be added at an additional charge, or we can independently test your home for Radon Gas before and after mitigation. Standard testing is performed for a minimum of 48 hours and in some cases longer depending on the situation.