PROVIDENCE ELECTRIC

Founded 1998 • With Angi since July 2007

665 N Broadway

Lexington, KY 40508

An honest reputable electrical contractor specializing in troubleshooting big and small electrical problems. We design, install, and maintain electrical systems for members in Lexington, Kentucky and surrounding counties - Owner Operated...contact Larry Burke...

03/15/2022

Bill V.

Initially discussed the exterior work needed with the owner in early November. After I decided to revise the work wanted, we agreed to a quote in mid-November and the owner said it would be scheduled for early December. Did not hear from him and followed up. Heard back "shooting for next week" but again did not hear anything. I continued following up and kept getting the response "shooting for next week." I allowed for delays due to bad weather but gave up in late January on continuing to chase him for the work we agreed to and never heard from him. I assume he decided he didn't want the work. Very disappointed with the lack of communication and follow through.

Description of Work
Installing exterior lights

Category electrician

My fault, got busy, he fell through the cracks...

07/13/2020

Brent P.

Excellent. The guys were on time, very polite, and professional. Would definitely hire again. Larry is an honest owner you can trust.

Description of Work
Had a receptacle installed and outlets replaced

Category electrician, home builders

Thanks, call anytime.

01/22/2019

Mark R.

They told me by phone they would come to my house for an estimate on Friday Jan 11th, no one called or showed, after 5pm I called again, The gentleman apologized and said "I forgot, I'm trying to get everything squared away so I can go on vacation". He went on to say that he would be gone for a week and would call me today Monday Jan 21st. It is now 836pm, I'm assuming he forgot again or simply decided not to call back. Very unprofessional. They might be great electricians but I will never know

Description of Work
install outdoor lights and run power for a freezer in my garage

Category electrician

Sorry.... Scheduling is my biggest challenge...

12/19/2018

Alissa L.

well. Punctual, professional, friendly, goes out of their way to get the job done. Reasonable rate.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous

12/19/2018

Alissa L.

Great! Friendly, professional, always on time. Reasonably priced, goes above and beyond. Have used this company several times, and will continue to use them for any electrical needs.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous work

Category electrician

Thanks for kind review, call anytime...

12/17/2018

Monna C.

Called and told the person on the phone the problem I was having , he told me what he thought would take care of the problem and that he could come and give me a quote just for me to text him my address after we finished talking. He said he had quote’s to work on the next day but that he would call me. Never Heard from him, no phone call !!!!

Description of Work
Had a breaker that would kick Off

Category electrician

I have reviewed my texts, last 60 days... Can not find your text. When did we talk??

12/02/2018

Bruce S.

Larry Burke did the assessment and provided the quote. He instilled confidence in his assessment and expected resolution. He was thorough and timely. He scheduled the week of installation and we worked well together to coordinate having his team on site as planned. Larry was very upbeat and positive to work with. Duane and son Dallas were a phenomenal team! They quickly determined the best strategy and determined a very effective and less intrusive means of installing dimmable can lights in the raised Den ceiling. They were thorough and yet quick, protected the house during installation, and did a great job. Duane gave insight and advice regarding all aspects of the job and operation. The lights worked great and made a dark room bright and fun to be in. They installed the 4 outlet plug in parallel while working on the can lights and finished both at the same time. They also solved a mysterious "flickering" dining ight issue quickly and easily at no charge. This was the best electrical repair and installation team ever - Larry, Duane and Dallas. I plan to do some remodel in the kitchen in the future and Larry and his company is at the top of the list, and I hope Duane and Dallas are there as well. Extremely satisfied.

Description of Work
Installed 6 can lights in our den and installed a 4 plug outlet in support of our security system installation.

11/23/2018

John B.

Resolved problem very efficiently. Found loose wire in a switch receptacle.

Description of Work
Troubleshooting of electrical issue I couldn't figure out. Light and microwave not working while everything else in the circuit was working.

10/26/2018

Valinda L.

It was determined that there was no problem as related by the furnace technician. The electrician really went beyond when he contacted the furnace company and relayed critical information to them. The electrician remained in contact with me until the furnace problem was corrected even though no electrical problem was found. I am still waiting for an invoice.

Description of Work
Wiring for the furnace

06/30/2018

Jennifer B.

I am so impressed by Providence's responsiveness and professionalism. I requested an estimate via the website form, and Larry Burke responded within 24 hours to set up a time and give me a rough ballpark cost. He also checked in before the visit to make sure we would be there on the day of the visit. We had to reschedule and he was flexible about it. The technician came on time, diagnosed what was needed, and completed everything quickly. It was a small repair, but I felt as though Providence treated it as a big one. Their website says, "No job is too small for us and warrants the same attention as larger jobs," and that was definitely true. I'm very happy with my first experience with Providence and will definitely call them for future electrical work.

Description of Work
Our requested job was minor - a nonfunctioning wall outlet and bathroom light switch.

Category electrician

Thanks for kind review. Call anytime.

05/21/2018

Steve K.

Mr. Burke visited the property three times over 2 months, sent us a plan and estimate for the work, which we accepted. Then, abruptly, he pulled out by e-mail without explanation.

Description of Work
Needed replacement main electrical panel and sub panel and get outside wiring up to code. Then inspect and repair inside wiring as needed.

Category electrician

I did not feel, comfortable with project. Too many things, complicated project, could go wrong. An unusual project.....

04/18/2018

Mark P.

The worker came to our home and was professional as well as punctual. He recommended some changes to our wiring so that our issue was less likely to occur. We were very happy with the quote as well as the quality of work that was done.

Description of Work
Repair of an electrical line in the wall

Call anytime

01/10/2018

Penny M.

Very well. The cost was reasonable. Very respectfull . Will hire again.

Description of Work
Had a bad breaker replaced in the electrical box. Checked out other breakers

Category electrician

Thanks for review, call anytime

11/25/2017

william C.

came to house promptly to give an estimate which we took.. A couple of weeks to get on the schedule but when scheduled, they arrived on time and did a good job. Plan was to run electric to the outlet from the fan and cover the wire with conduit but they found the porch roof had no insulation and were able to run the wires in the roof and make the job a lot cleaner. very satisfied

Description of Work
enclosed a porch. needed a fan installed and electric run to an outlet

11/19/2017

gary W.

Went well .Turned out to be the faulty freezer. Thanks

Description of Work
Needed to check 20year-old circuit box for possible blown switch,

11/06/2017

Sydney S.

Tom did a great job, doing the work professionally and helping us to find the best, most cost-effective solutions.

Description of Work
We had a variety of small tasks to complete-an outlet replaced, non-functioning lights repaired.

Call anytime

08/07/2017

Jessica W.

Very attentive and very helpful. Estimate was for electrical repair, wiring and installing outlets. The estimate was very fair. He was recommended, professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Estimate.

07/20/2017

Amanda C.

They were professional, on time and got the job done quickly.

Description of Work
Outlet replaced on back patio

Category electrician

Thank you for nice review. Call anytime.

05/20/2017

Greg C.

Quick responses and professional service. Explained what was being done and was very friendly.

Description of Work
Re-wire two switches, estimate on bathroom heaters.

Category electrician

Thanks for review. Deducted $25.00 Total: $125.00 Call anytime.

05/16/2017

Kelli P.

They did a fantastic job. We're very quick to respond as I was in a pinch to get electrical work done before proceeding with finishing my remodel. Would highly recommend and will use them again!

Description of Work
Installed ceiling fans, chandelier, moved bathroom fixture, installed can lights, etc.

Category electrician, remodeling

05/01/2017

Diane L.

Excellent. On time and looked great.

Description of Work
New lighting and outkets

04/20/2017

Kim B.

They called me back the same day to let me know when they could get to me. On the day of serivice, they arrived on time and were very professional and friendly!! Highly recommend Providence Electric!

Description of Work
Had a couple of minor electric issuues to be fixed, faulty switches in bathrooms, loose wiring in an outdoor flood light, and a stuck light bulb in some track lighting.

Category electrician

Thanks for kind review. Call anytime.

04/16/2017

SARA S.

Apart from an initial miscommunication between us about timing (a no-fault situation), the work was scheduled and done at a convenient time. It took a couple days to get the closet lights and switches (which had to be wired from below the floor as the switch box is in the basement) and the outlets completed. The work went well and we're happy with the new lights and outlets. The generator wiring installation was discussed a good deal with Tom (the Providence electrician we worked with) who offered good ideas and sound advice on which circuits to include since we couldn't put the whole house on the generator. The work was completed in a timely manner and done neatly. Then Tom worked with me to secure the proper hook-ups for the generator, helped me test the generator, hooked everything up to the new exterior outlet, and showed me how to switch from house current to generator current and back. Practiced the procedure with Tom's guidance and everything worked as expected. Larry Burke, the owner, was always available to talk on the phone to help, and Tom, the electrician doing the work, was knowledgable, personable, and patient, and made sure everything was right and I was satisfied before signing off.

Description of Work
1. Wired two closets and installed lights and wall switches. 2. Replaced all wall outlets in one room. 3. Installed exterior outlet for a generator and rerwired main switch box accordingly. Trained me in use of same. Tested the generator and new wiring for functionality and safety.

Category electrician

Thanks for review. Call anytime.

04/14/2017

Bradley P.

Excellent on-site work by a professional and courteous worker. Quick response to my initial request. Agreed on a date/time several weeks in the future, and they delivered on the agreed-upon date. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Installation of day/night timer switches

Category electrician

Thanks for the review. Call anytime.

04/10/2017

Craig B.

It went great! I was charged exactly what they said they'd charge, they showed up on time, and left the work area clean after completing the job. After finishing the install, the electrician checked the switch controlling the light, noticed that it needed to be replaced, and took care of that as well. I was really impressed that they took that extra step without being asked to (and without charging extra!).

Description of Work
Providence installed an "old work" electrical box in the ceiling to install an LED light fixture where a fluorescent tube fixture had been. They also installed the new LED fixture.

MAK Electrical Contracting

MAK Electrical Contracting specializes in electrical and communications. We do home remodeling, new construction, residential, commercial and industrial. We offer reliable and professional contractors and guarantee professional finished project. Now servicing Lexington Ky region.

Hellard's Electric

We specialize in Service Calls, New Homes, and Commercial Jobs. We pride or self on doing the neatest and cleanest work possible. When it comes to service we treat your home as if it was our own. When it comes to New Homes Big or Small we wire them all and take great pride in our work. I started doing electrical in high school and wired my first home when I was 15 years old. I worked for Arts Electric for 12 years and then went to work for Straw’s Electric for 2 years before deciding to go into business for myself. If you want your electrical done right call Hellard’s Electric. Ask us about our Military and First Responder discount!

Perfect Circle Construction

We are a Full service general contractor with a focus on custom carpentry. We take great pride in building our reputation as Craftsman. We are your one call stop for all your construction needs.

Offers by Perfect Circle Construction on Angi

General Remodeling
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express
    $10

NOW OFFERING ELECTRIC CAR HOOK-UP, INCLUDING TELSA CHARGERS. RESIDENTIAL, HOME REPAIR, TROUBLE SHOOTING, ROOM ADDITIONS, LANDSCAPE LIGHTING, PANEL UPGRADES, HOME REMODELS, HOT TUBS HOOK UPS,NEW HOMES CONSTRUCTIONS.