Monthie Mechanical Inc

Founded 1993 • With Angi since August 2007

109 Westhampton Dr

Lexington, KY 40511

Monthie Mechanical Inc. was formed in 1993 by husband and wife team Jeff and Kim Monthie. In five short years Monthie Mechanical Inc. had achieved the honor of becoming Small Business of the Year, awarded by the Greater Lexington Chamber of Commerce. What had begun as a two employee company has grown to a company of sixteen full time employees. In 2007 Monthie Mechanical Inc. obtained a brand new office building with a warehouse and showroom. As the company has grown over the years Jeff and Kim Monthie are still directly involved with the day-to-day operation of the company, making sure that you receive the absolute best service possible from the Monthie Mechanical team. Monthie Mechanical Inc. is dedicated to providing the highest standards of indoor comfort through products, service, education, and integrity for our customers. You can count on us to provide you with a system and solution that fits your unique needs, and since we've installed many systems in this area we've earned a reputation for doing the job right the first time. Any job worth doing is worth doing well....

05/21/2018

Scott F.

Professional, fully explained what issues they found and corrected them.

Description of Work
Service for Geo Thermal Units

08/28/2017

Francois P.

The work was done very professionally. Excellent company .

Description of Work
Replace my old A/C system

07/31/2017

Doug H.

Excellent work, performed efficiently, system works very well.

Description of Work
Replaced second floor hvac with heat pump/natural gas backup system

03/21/2017

rebecca W.

It took probably a day to complete the work. They left the area clean.

Description of Work
Replace the AC system.

10/10/2016

Joseph W.

good products, excellent salesperson, efficient installation, careful moving through our house

Description of Work
New furnace and AC.

07/06/2016

Aaron W.

Called Monthie out in July 2015 to repair an AC unit not cooling. Found pinhole leak in discharge line off outside compressor, repaired with some solder, recharged and was on their way. Called back in February 2016 with no heat. Same issue, pinhole leak in same spot as previously repaired. Service tech said last tech did crappy solder job. Cut me a slight discount on the R410a but still cost me another $700. Called back June 22, 2016 for same issue - no AC. Sprayed the twice repaired area myself and saw bubbles. Said they wouldn't be able to come out until a week later to fix it (meanwhile 90F weather). 2 weeks past their labor warranty meant they weren't going to help with the cost... nor keep me as a customer. Found another provider who fixed the issue that same day, thankfully, as I had to leave town the following day for a week.

Description of Work
Fix leak in AC compressor discharge line - twice

01/06/2016

Blake G.

Called technician for problem with gas heater. Technician came out Saturday January 2nd, charged three times what a filter costs and a diagnostics fee for which he did not provide any sort of estimate for any fixes. Noted some issues, altered our gas pressure but did not write what he changed it to/from. Thats fine, overhead costs are a reality of business and perhaps I would have eventually received an estimate. What happened after is the problem. After altering the gas pressure of the unit a strong gas smell began emanating from the exhaust on the front of the house. Columbia Gas came out, got strong gas readings and red tagged the unit. The next day, Sunday January 3rd) I had Monthie out to see what they had done that caused the gas problem. The technician noted a few specific issues and one main issue. He returned the gas pressure to the original amount and says he will get me a bid. That night we get a gas smell again, this time in the house. Columbia gas comes out, red tagged again. We've never had any of our gas detectors go off or had gas problems in the house before Monthie. Monday comes around, still no estimate, so I call. I don't get the estimate until the end of the day. I get an overpriced estimate for the work. Frustrated with Monthie, I consult with three other companies. None agree with Monthie's assessment. The first company to come to my home notices a blatant and obvious issue with the unit as well as a few other problems. Some of these problems Monthie's technician told me were not an issue. Each of the companies agreed - without my telling them of any of the details from any of the other visits - on the problems, and disagree with Monthie's estimate. Monthie Mechanical has proven themselves to be negligent in their work. Update: Problem was fixed for around $150 with a new thermostat and connecting a drainage tube the Monthie technician left disconnected. No need for a $600 estimate to fix something that was not the issue.

Description of Work
Came out to check why the heater was heating at about 4 degrees less than what the thermostat was set at.

Category auto repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac

After having researched and reviewed this complaint, I offer the following. We regret this client is unhappy with our service. I agree that while our technician resolved what he determined to be the immediate problem he missed others. Certainly the lack of combustion air which was never hooked up by original installer would explain the discoloration he found on the heat exchanger. I will be refunding this client their entire bill with my apologies. We try hard to do the next right thing and although we make mistakes we will always set them right. I would still consider getting the combustion air problem fixed, running the furnace in a closed room will damage the furnace.

10/18/2015

Daniel S.

Submitted the work request on Saturday (10-3) morning after smoke started coming out of my unit. That evening I was contacted by Brad saying he had a spot open on Sunday (10-4) and he could be there at 9:30 am. He showed up at 9:25 and got straight to work. He was polite and courteous and downright professional. He did stress that the unit was aged and that it will need to be replaced probably sooner than later, but I didn't feel any pressure to sign up for a whole new unit. When we told him that we just wanted to replace the fan and capacitor he didn't argue or make any looks that would suggest we were making a horrible decision or one that he really felt strongly against. He even sported a good sense of humor, wasn't really expecting that. From this work order I wouldn't hesitate to deal with Monthie again. **10-21-15 Update** Had to bring them back out as the compressor fan started acting funny and not spinning up properly. Turns out the compress was locking out the fan to protect the fan motor from damage. This was due to the fact that the compressor was 4 to 4.5 lbs low on refrigerant. When the second tech looked at the report from the 1st tech he noticed that he hadn't checked the pressure on the system and the compressor was reading about 1.5 to 2 amps to high which is indicative of two things 1) compressor is getting close to end of life, or 2) the refrigerant is low. Guess which the 1st tech didn't check. Which basically means the 500 some odd dollars I spent to replace the fan motor and capacitors was probably a total waste. I do not know if I can do business with them again. I will give them the opportunity to give me a good deal on a replacement system over this. I will update after I get the estimate and how response to the situation Monthie is/will be. Had the 1st tech checked saw that the refrigerant was that low we probably just tossed the system, but now I'm down nearly 600 between the two calls. Needless to say I am less than thrilled right now. I will not change my previous rating until I get back the estimate and how willing HQ is willing to work with me after their tech missed an obvious part of the system to check.

Description of Work
Replaced the condenser motor fan and capacitor.

09/29/2015

Elizabeth L.

From the time Joe, Monthie's sales person enter our home they impressed us with there professionalism. The first thing Joe did was to put covers over his shoes to protect the carpet. Joe showed us all our our options including all the rebates that were available for choosing high efficiency equipment. After getting estimates from other companies we called Joe back mainly because he told us that there was a $600 rebate being offered on their Carrier Infinity gas furnace, that no other company told us of. After talking to Joe It only took 3 or 4 days for Monthie to start installing the equipment. We contacted the gas company and got their advice as where to place the gas inlet pipe. Installation of the gas line, furnace exhaust and fresh air pipes were not easy because we have a finished basement. But the Monthie workers got it all done in about 4 days. After the install was complete Joe sat down with us and explained how to claim all the rebates that were offered, and even provided all the forms for us to file and copies of proof of purchase for each rebate. Which totaled $1500.00 in all. Joe also gave us an owner's manual and explained the warranties. All in all we were very satisfied with our experience dealing with Monthie Mechanical.

Description of Work
Replaced our non-working heat pump system with a Carrier hi-efficiency AC and natural gas furnace.

Category auto repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac

09/11/2015

Ronald Q.

A technician came to the house as soon as we called about our current system not working. The air handler in the attic was 31 years old so he recommended we replace it. Erica came to the house the next day and gave us an estimate. She was very professional and gave us three options. She was not the least bit high pressure. We signed a detailed contract and set up a date for the work to be done. The installers arrived to the job site at the appointed date & time. They did exactly what was stated in the contract. They put down runners to protect the carpets. They got the job done in one day as they promised. They cleaned up after themselves and hauled away the old equipment. The new system is doing a great job. The price seemed a little high but I got an estimate from another company and Monthie was actually less expensive. So I think price was fair. Over all I am very pleased with my experience with Monthie Mechanical.

Description of Work
Changed out old heat pump and air handler that was in my attic. Installed a new thermostat and also added a new return and a partial walkway to the unit to make it easier for us to access in order to change the filter.

Engineered Heating and Air

Engineered Heating and Air has won the Angie's List Super Service Award 8 years in a row! We take a technical approach to solve air conditioning and heating issues. With a licensed professional engineer as the owner, each home or commercial office building gets a scientific load calculation to ensure the correct size, fit, and application. Based on our client's goals, the most efficient air conditioning and heating combination is selected to accommodate both budget and performance desired.

Comfort Technologies Heating and Cooling

At Comfort Technologies Heating & Cooling we take pride in serving our community for any heating, ventilation and air conditioning repairs, installations and or services. We work on all types of air conditioners, heat pumps, mini-splits, geothermal, and gas furnaces. Our main focus is to ensure top notch customer service, followed by unmatchable quality throughout the entire process. We have built our company around the importance of honesty and loyalty which we always pass down to our customers. We're not only trying to set new standards for our industry but trying to revolutionize the customer experience from start to finish for years to come. So let our team help serve your family.

Offers by Comfort Technologies Heating and Cooling on Angi
    Fayette Heating & Air

Fayette Heating & Air was founded in 1971 with one man, one truck and $500. From the start, Al Melrose was committed to providing quality equipment with integrity and outstanding customer service. As a second generation family-owned business, those same values lead our company today. Fayette Heating & Air has been recognized nationally, regionally and locally for both business practices and its community efforts.

Auto Service
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Residential and commercial installation, repair and maintenance of heating, cooling, furnace & air conditioning. Duct Cleaning, Home Energy Audits, Weatherproofing, IAQ.

Geo-thermal