Covid 19 Safety : We value your safety, our sitters safety and the well being of your pets. We have implemented procedures that allow us to provide safe and compassionate care for your pets. Like every business and consumer, we are all having to make adjustments to our delivery and "how we do business."

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc.

Founded 1984 • With Angi since June 2007

332 Hampton Ct

Lexington, KY 40508

ADDITIONAL CONTACT: SAM....

09/07/2022

Rich W.

Critter Sitters is a really great company run by caring people. All of the providers are pet owners and it really shows in the attention they pay to both your pets and your home. They update you immediately if anything, big or small, comes up, and are very responsive to your requests.

Description of Work
Cat sitting

08/06/2022

Don B.

We had a poor experience last year with a different sitter. Decided to give Critter Sitters a try, and boy am I glad we did. We first had them come by 1x a day back in the spring to try it out. Went very well, so we did 3x per day for a week vacation. Went great, dog was super happy with them. Recommend 100%.

Description of Work
Took care of our pup for a week.

04/13/2022

Lynn C.

Beautifully. Professional, caring ... I love the reports.

Description of Work
Taking care of my high energy, highly intelligent Shepherd while I was out of town.

04/04/2022

Megan S.

They took exceptional care of our dogs while we were gone. They were very communicative and posted so many pictures of our dogs while we were away. I know our dogs loved all the extra attention they got. We will definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
In home dog sitting

Category dog trainers, pet sitters

02/22/2022

Andrea B.

Critter Sitters is always dependable. They go above and beyond to take care of my dogs while I’m on vacation. I look forward to the daily updates and pics that are sent by the sitters. My dogs are much happier being cared for at home rather than going to a kennel. I have no hesitation in recommending Critter Sitters!

Description of Work
Pet sitting

01/11/2022

Monica C.

Whenever we go out of town, our felines eagerly await Critter Sitters arrival. The team at C. S. is punctual, professional and takes the time and attention to attend to any house needs (including watering, mail, etc). I have the utmost confidence in their care.

Description of Work
Pet sitting

12/17/2021

Patricia H.

They are very punctual and were very kind to my animals. I love that they send photos so you can see how they are doing. They performed all the tasks I requested and spent time loving on my kitties. Love them!

Description of Work
Pet sitting for 2 cats

07/06/2021

John H.

We have used Critter Sitters for over a decade. We trust them with all our dogs and have recommended them to co-workers. We can imagine anyone else with our fur babies.

Description of Work
Dog walking and dog sitting

05/10/2021

Kevin C.

I cannot rave enough about Critter Sitters! I moved to Lexington in March 2018 and really was concerned about someone checking on my 2 cats while I was out of town. I came upon Sam and Critter Sitters at a festival downtown and my life has changed on trips. I no longer worry about my cats while I'm gone. I know they are not only being cared for beyond anything I could hope for, but loved! Additionally, they check on my condo, mail, water plants, etc. Traveling is a whole new experience! And the best thing is I can't wait for their daily report, which includes pics of my two guys. I give them 5 stars, 10 stars, whatever the best is!!!

Description of Work
Care for cats, get mail, water plants

04/08/2021

Steve M.

Outstanding. I have used this service regularly since 1997, even before the current owners took the reigns (and they've owned it for a long long time) -- through four cats and three dogs (plus two fish!). They're simply great. They provide photos of your pets after each visit, give full reports so you don't worry, and are reliable and trustworthy. I recommend them to anyone I know with a pet.

Description of Work
Dog sitting, cat sitting, fish feeding

11/16/2020

Jennifer P.

I cannot say enough good things about Critter Sitters. We have used them for years. They love our dogs as much as we do and grieve with us when one crosses the Rainbow Bridge. We have had medical emergencies (happens with older dogs) while gone and we receive immediate phone calls. Sam or Sarah will they take them to the vet to be checked and remain on standby. I feel very comfortable leaving our dogs in their trusting and caring hands.

Description of Work
Dog sitting

01/22/2020

Christine T.

We have been using Critter Sitters for years, and they have always been wonderful, professional, and responsive. Our dog absolutely loves them and we would highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Dog walks a few times a week and when we're traveling

Category dog walkers

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate your review and kind words about our service.

10/15/2019

Rich W.

Critter Sitters sent a sitter each day to feed, pet, and clean up after my cat every day, and sent me an email with pictures from the visit and an update on my cat's status and happiness.

Description of Work
I needed someone to check in on my cat and feed him during a long trip away.

10/12/2019

Beth M.

Our vet recommended these guys a few years ago and we've used them ever since. We never have to worry about our fur-babies when we leave town or have an event that keeps us from our little ones during their feeding or medication times. They even took care of our diabetic kitty's home medical needs. I love the pictures and detailed updates they provide each and every visit. We've recommended them to all our friends and colleagues.

Description of Work
Pet Sitting

10/09/2019

Lisa C.

Critter Sitters are wonderful with my dog Sable. They give her medicine, fresh water, food and play with her when I'm gone. They always post pictures when they visit so I can see how she is doing. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Dog fed and given water while gone.

09/07/2019

Karen P.

The best thing we’ve ever done for our fur babies. One of the owners, Sam, visited with me and met the cats; she took meticulous details of their feeding patterns and play habits. Care providers Darcie, Suka, Sarah, and Sam herself did an excellent job! I got daily updates and photos. Food and treat patterns were followed to the letter. The litter box area was cleaned daily. Our cats loved their babysitters and were not traumatized at all (as they had been in the past when boarded, particularly our Charlie). Willie, Charlie, Sissie, and our outdoor freeloader Arlene all give Critter Sitters a generous thumbs up! We will definitely be calling Critter Sitters when we need cat babysitting in the future!!!

Description of Work
Needed 3 Indoor and one outdoor cats fed and litter box cleaned twice daily for a week’s vacation.

09/06/2019

Laura C.

Excellent! We have used Critter Sitters for several years and are very happy with their service.

Description of Work
Care of our cat while we were out of town.

07/19/2019

not at T.

I am so grateful to Critter Sitters. They offer a truly amazing service. Samantha was great with my older, fearful dog who was not used to company. She went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure he was comfortable with her. Besides being knowledgeable and professional, she truly understands and loves dogs. They send you pictures and updates after every visit and I could see that my dog was adjusting and doing fine. I highly recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
Dog Sitting

07/09/2019

Donald M.

Critter Sitters has always been consistently reliable. We have them come twice a day to feed our dogs and play with them, and they have never missed a visit. We get an email confirmation of every visit with pictures of the dogs so we can be sure they are OK. In addition, we have the comfort of knowing someone is checking on the house and making it appear it is still occupied while we are away. In the past they have brought in our mail and paper and watered our plants as part of the service. They have always been friendly, helpful, responsive and reliable. In the 15 years we have used them, they have never disappointed us.

Description of Work
We have been using Critter Sitters to watch our dogs when we are away for about 15 years. The dogs are much happier staying at home than they would be in a kennel, and Critter Sitters has enabled us to leave them with the confidence they will be well cared for.

05/14/2019

R. R.

I have two cats and they can show their unhappiness after 24 hours left alone. And forget about 2 or 3 days. They can be spiteful little ones. That's why I'm so grateful to the team at Critter Sitters for checking on them when I'm not able to be there. It's so nice to come home knowing exactly what I'm going to see and smell - nothing worse than coming home to a stinky litter box, litter everywhere and angry cats lol. And I can tell a difference in my cats mood. So much better to keep them at home and not take them to a kennel. It's stressful enough that I'm gone for 4 to 6 days much less have them experience the stress and sadness in a kennel. With Critter Sitters I know I'm going to open my door with a smile instead of dread. Will always use Critter Sitters for when I can't be with my fur babies. They are awesome!!

Description of Work
Care for two cats. Look in on them every other day for 20 minutes.

05/09/2019

deborah B.

They are more than fantastic. Everything asked was done to perfection. They knew my specifics and carried it out perfectly. My Canary Cam allowed me to monitor the arrival time as requested. They threw the empty can food cans in the recycle after rinsing and ran disposal. Mail which is sometimes wet was put on counter to not damage table. Cat toys were "found" and made available to kitty. Box area was kept swept and cleaned out. Bowls put in dishwasher each day and clean ones used. As much attention to detail as I do.

Description of Work
feed, water, play and clean up for kitty, bring in mail and cans if appropriate

03/12/2019

Lisa S.

Critter Sitters is a highly professional pet service company. We have used their services the past 8 years. Our dogs love the sitters and are always highly excited to see them. After each visit you receive a report and photo. A great way to see that all is well! I highly recommend giving their service a try!

Description of Work
Pet Sitting

02/28/2019

Jennifer T.

Critter Sitters are very professional, respectful and experienced animal lovers! My dog is excited when I go to work because he knows Critter Sitters will be coming to play with him. They write a message after every visit with a picture. They will alert me with any unusual issues. Very reliable and compassionate.

Description of Work
Dog walking -Pet sitting

01/24/2019

Kevin C.

Description of Work
Care for cats, while out of town

01/05/2019

Janie F.

We love Critter Sitters and have used them regularly for years. They are always extremely responsible and loving and have excellent communication!! Can’t recommend enough!!!!!

Description of Work
Dog walking and transport to veterinary office.

Animal & House Sitting
    Dog Walking
    Animal Training
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal
    Satisfaction

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc.

How is Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. overall rated?

Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. open?

Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. is open:

Sunday: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

What payment options does Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. provide

Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Does Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc.?

No, Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. offer?

Critter Sitters of Lexington, Inc. offers the following services: Services include in home pet sitting, daily dog walks, custom cat care, house sitting, and pet taxi services. Overnight visits are offered to established Clients. Services are customized to each Client and pets needs. Services include PLAY, WALKS, EXERCISE, FOOD & WATER. EMPTY LITTER BOXES, CLEAN CAGES & SCOOP AWAY WASTE. WATER PLANTS. RETRIEVE MAIL & NEWSPAPER. TAKE OUT TRASH. STAY OVERNIGHT (BASED ON AVAILABILITY). PET-TAXI. ALTERNATE LIGHTS/BLINDS & MAKE THE HOUSE LOOK OCCUPIED.