Counter Culture Plus

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2010

Counter Culture Plus is Lexington's most personal surface contractor. We have every award in Central Kentucky, including multiple Super Service Awards here, as well as the highest rating on Google, Houzz, Facebook and seemingly everywhere in our area for consistently and comprehensively delivering a superior experience. In 2018, after over a decade of service to the company, GJ Gerard purchased Counter Culture and his wife Jena, joined the already amazing team, including the legendary Leslie Marcum. Since then, the already impressive name of Counter Culture has slowly and steadily become the brand to revere. We have a very hard system to compete with when excellence is expected. To start, you have to have the ability to do great work. Most of our competition is focused on one thing: VOLUME. And that's not how you perform at your highest level, nor how you thank a customer for their business. We have an inherent dedication to your happiness here that fuels our decisions, our focus, and our commitment to our responsibility to excel for you. So many of the big and little things are obsessed over by Leslie, Cory, and GJ that its very unlikely that you don't walk away feeling entirely cared for and special, because you are. This is all not to say that we are perfect, because that's not true. But perfect is all we ever shoot for. That is absolutely true. We look forward to the opportunity to show you what a decade of doing right feels like. We are extremely helpful on many levels, and have a list of experts in every trade to call on for any of your needs to be met. Be well!...

Fresh Coat of Lexington

At Fresh Coat Painters we pride ourselves providing high quality and affordable painting solutions for both homeowners and businesses. Contact our professional painting contractors for all your painting needs. Additional DBAs - TRW Painting LLC, Fresh Coat Location # 91175.

Offers by Fresh Coat of Lexington on Angi
Straight Line Painting LLC

Welcome to straight line painting we are committed to giving you the best service in every job because we believe that our clients are the priority. We offer quality work with great care, cleanliness and professionalism. No job is to big or to small for our company and we specialize in a variety of painting needs; from Commercial, Industrial, to Residential painting including repair services, drywall, epoxy floors, cabinets, stain, interior and exterior painting. Straight Line Painting always use the best quality paint and materials for your pleasure, providing you with the best service; satisfaction guaranteed! Our locally owned and operated company is based out of Lexington, Kentucky and serve surrounding counties. Choose Straight Line Painting and experience true quality and customer service.

Day 1 Cleaning Service

We offer quality service at an affordable price. Contact us today about an estimates!

09/10/2020

I am beyond impressed with the work and customer service provided by Counter Culture! They truly went above and beyond to ensure that we had a exceptional experience. We visited quite a few different granite/quartz showrooms in Lexington and found that Counter Culture had the best selection for white quartz and was reasonably priced. What really made our experience so great was that after the coun...

Description of Work
New quartz counters for the kitchen

Category countertops,home remodeling

05/28/2020

Great experience overall! I do a lot of research before doing anything and so ask a lot of questions and take a long time deciding things. This was NEVER a problem with Leslie. She was always happy to help, left me alone to look, answer questions and give good suggestions. Once I finally decided on some countertop, I was on the list for installation. Guys who showed up to install were quick and ef...

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bathroom countertop

Category countertops,buffing & polishing

12/31/2017

Timely and beautiful work. We highly recommend this company. GJ and team are awesome!

Description of Work
Granite / Quartz Countertops

Category countertops,marble & granite

06/26/2017

Although I specified quartz, I was mistakenly offered an icestone remnant which required a second trip to the store to correct. A minor inconvenience and delay. We did find a suitable quartz remnant and it was installed two weeks later. The install crew was great and the finished product fit perfectly. I do think the overall price was a bit high for a 36"remnant/backsplash. Did not have time to co...

Description of Work
I needed a quartz remnant for a remodeled bath vanity.

Category countertops

04/06/2017

Leslie was very friendly and helpful when I first went in the store to look at samples. She had a lot of good suggestions when I told her what colors I liked. GJ was great to work with throughout the process and was very careful to make sure everything was done with excellence. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They removed our old granite counter top in our kitchen and replaced it with a beautiful new quartz one and I couldn't be more pleased. .

Category countertops

06/04/2016

For now, it's a job that hasn't been done, but I am submitting this review at this point because of the sub-par performance by the company this week. On May 5, we visited the office, paid the required 50% deposit, and signed the contract for purchasing and installing the countertops. I will say that every interaction up until then had been very professional and helpful. We had not done a project like this before and Leslie answered every question patiently and knowledgably. We set the morning of June 2 as the date for installation. We were told that the workers would arrive around 9:30 a.m. and all existing countertops had to be removed prior to their arrival. They would install the new ones, but they would not remove the old ones without an additional fee. We were given a copy of the contract with the installation date written on it. We heard nothing from the company after that date, but we did visit the store in late May to discuss backsplash options. We had a good conversation and agreed that we would wait until after the installation to choose a backsplash. We discussed the date of the installation because we still had to make sure we had a sink and faucet, but nothing was said that indicated any problem with the June 2 installation. On May 31, we donated our existing countertops and sink to the Habitat ReStore, leaving us with an unusable kitchen without running water. On June 1, the day before installation, I emailed a question to the store, but did not receive a response. On June 2, I took off work to be there for the installation. At 10:30, my phone rang and it was Counter Culture Plus. They said they were responding to my email from the day before, but that my question didn't matter because they couldn't do the installation today anyway. They said they were badly backed up by some other projects. They further said my countertop had not even been cut and they couldn't know when they would be able to reschedule the installation. I pointed out that I had taken off work to be there and, in response to their requirements, had made my kitchen unusable in anticipation of the installation. I pointed out that, if the countertops had not been cut, they knew days or even a week in advance they were not going to make the installation and had not said a word to me. They admitted that was a lack of communication on their part for which they were sorry. I don't question the sincerity of the apology, but I don't think the company recognizes how unprofessional this service was and the effect that it has had on me as a trusting customer. My family with teenage daughters now faces more than a week without a usable kitchen. Eating out and using paper plates and cups gets old and expensive quickly. You never realize how much you use your kitchen sink until you don't have one. I don't understand how a company that appears to be successful and professional cannot have a procedure for notifying customers with installation dates when they will not be able to do the service on that date. It appeared that even the call that I did receive on the scheduled date was only in response to the email I sent, not a call to inform me of the change or to apologize. I hope to edit this review later and add how the company bounced back and installed beautiful countertops and treated me like a valued customer, not a person whose time and money is not important to them. But for now, I am a dissatisfied customer and thought others looking for a countertop company should know that things might not go smoothly with this company, at least for now.

Description of Work
We contracted with the company to install new granite countertops in our house.

Category countertop installation

11/02/2015

The owner was professional. The installation team did a wonderful job. Professional and neat. We are very happy with the final product.

Description of Work
Purchase & installation of quartz kitchen counters

Category countertop installation","marble contractor

11/02/2015

G.J. and his team did an absolutely amazing job on our counters. We are constantly getting compliments on how great they look. G.J. was very professional, friendly, and responsive. He was able to do our counters without any seams (not something many other places gave us as an option) and the edge/shape was just what we had in mind. Very very satisfied!!

Description of Work
Quartz Counter Installation

Category countertop installation","marble contractor

09/26/2015

All at Counter Culture Plus went above and beyond to make this remodel a success. Emilie instantly greeted us upon entering and was so helpful. We found the perfect countertop within minutes! We were trying to accomplish quite a lot in a short period of time and they did everything they could to make it happen. G.J. and the counter installers were so nice and great to work with. We got our flooring through Counter Culture at an excellent price and had it installed by someone recommended by Counter Culture. They were excellent! We also had a kitchen island custom built by the person recommended by Counter Culture and are so pleased! We would highly recommend Counter Culture Plus!

Description of Work

Category countertop installation","room remodeling","home remodeling contractor

06/25/2015

This experience was an exercise in restraint, patience, and forgiveness, but we made it. Please forgive the lengthy review. We selected a product that was not in stock and Emilie was great about keeping us updated. She also came out to look at the project just as the installation was finishing up. I can't even stress enough how vital she was in keeping things afloat. Working with her was the only saving grace. She gets an A in responsiveness and professionalism, but the owners... The downsides: - GJ didn't show up and didn't call for a scheduled appointment, after I waited at home for hours. During the next scheduled appointment window, he hadn't arrived with only 15 minutes left. With the shop closing and not trusting him to show, I called the store. He hadn't even left yet, but assured me he had not forgotten AGAIN. He did show, eventually. - They knew that our materials were coming and it would need to be cut. However, before the install, they miraculously did not have the blade (?) they needed to cut it. Apparently, the materials "are h****** [their] blades.? How much planning does it take? Yes, they told us a couple of days in advance, but we had already moved our plumber around once. It disrupted other trades, as well. This seemed to escape their minds, because SEVERAL TIMES I heard about how much they had to pay to overnight something, how overtime labor had to be paid to get my materials cut on time (which it wasn't), and so on. I say: It's the cost of doing business. Telling the customer everything behind the scenes is just unprofessional. - The install took two days, which was fine and I knew it might be a possibility. (Thanks Emiie!) Problem was, nobody could tell me when they would be back to do the second part of the job. - During the removal, our drywall paper was torn, to which GJ's response was, ?Yeah, that sometimes happens because it would have looked bad if we cut it. You can just paint over it.? That would have made sense, except the drywall was cut, too! By cut, I mean multiple, unnecessarily deep cuts. Luckily, my drywall guy was here and I was able to PAY HIM to patch both places. I don't think that CC+ covers damage done during install/removal, since the owner was here to see it. - Also, with the install... Day 1: The guys installed a section crooked. They left their drilled quartz plugs and other pieces of my old counter in the base cabinets. No, this isn't a dust-free process, but they should pick up the big mess. There were pieces of my old material left behind in my garage. Drywall issue. Day 2: They argued with me about the crooked top, but finally fixed it upon my insistence. (this was off by 3/4" over a 26" span - very visible) They installed pieces in a different order than what I asked, thereby interfering with other trades. When I went out to the driveway to ask a question, the guys were speaking rudely about me. Specifically referencing my home and me. Say what you want about a customer - AFTER YOU LEAVE! Finally, they didn't have the right hardener or something for my granite seam. (? Whatever that means.) **Of note, the day 2 guys DID clean up after themselves. I don't even know what else happened. I'm hesitant to leave this review, because there is one outstanding issue and it was difficult enough to get the job done in the first place. This should be sufficient to decide whether or not to use CC+. I won't be back.

Description of Work
Installed granite and quartz in kitchen, bar, and bath. Also, removed old kitchen counter.

Category countertop installation","plumber","room remodeling","marble contractor","home remodeling contractor

Countertops in granite, marble, onyx, soapstone, quartz, laminate & solid surface. Custom built cabinets. Floor & backsplash tile. Showers. Hardwood flooring. Electric. Plumbing. Installation & sales.

Roofing.