Thompson Heating & Cooling

Kentucky: Contractors
03/31/2023

3700 W Hwy 146

La Grange, KY 40031

You can expect the best with Thompson Heating and Cooling. With a whole house approach to Indoor Comfort you can rest assured that your home will be the envy of the neighborhood. Call today and join the 1000' s of other customers who trust Thompson to deliver "Indoor Comfort Solutions"....

4.4

HVAC Companies (75)air duct cleaning (2)drain cleaning (1)

06/23/2020

Cindy B.

It went great as always. The technician, Tom, was very knowledgeable, efficient and polite. I can’t say enough about this company’s excellent service! We discovered Thompson’s Heating and Cooling this past winter when our furnace wouldn’t kick on——We called them for a second opinion and quote, after the first company we reached out to arrived “rushed” and noticeably confused as to what the problem actually was. In fact, the owner of the company himself, claimed that we needed three new parts totaling $1,500. Fortunately, we found Thompson’s! The price? $259 and only one new part! It turned out that the furnace was dirty and the gas valve was blocked. Need I say more. Thank you Thompson for your exceptional service!

Description of Work
Air conditioning cleaned and not properly cooling

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

06/01/2020

Patty D.

It went great. The young man who installed my air conditioner was very professional and polite

Description of Work
Air conditioner window unit install

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

11/27/2019

Chris P.

Went great had us up and running same day.

Description of Work
Service call

Work Completed On 11/22/2019

Thanks for your business.

11/27/2019

Chris P.

Went well and was back up and working same day

Description of Work
Service on furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 12/05/2019

06/13/2019

Kerstin G.

We were charged 79 $ although the installation was NOT possible. Never again.

Description of Work
Nest installation

Work Completed On 06/13/2019

Sorry we were unable to perform the work. Your system uses a communicating thermostat and the Nest was not compatible with your system. The $79 service call fee is a call out fee for service. If we can be of assistance in the future please reach back out.

02/27/2018

Kyle W.

Arrived on time, got the work done when they said they would, very courteous. Made sure everything was working before they left and explained how the system worked,

Description of Work
Replaced entire split system

Work Completed On 02/15/2018

Thanks for the A. We love doing work for great customers.

02/14/2018

Lois R.

Not well. Can't imagine that we will call again. L. Roemer 1613 McGuire LaGrange, KY. (Service location)

Description of Work
Furnace/heat pump, electric furnace stopped working. A rental house and tenant did not report until 6:03 pm. Understand need for a Level 2 service call ($129.00). Technition found a blown fuse. Could not find a short. Replaced fuse. Found that tstat not bringing on strips when temp was high. Installed a new tstat. Charge $697. total. Received a call the morning of 2/6/2018 to say heat off. Called office and was told they could not come afternoon. Tempature was very cold.. Called Maeser Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. Technician came, replaced fuse again. It was his opinion that he replaced a fuse that was old. As of today, 2/14/2018, no additional problem.

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

10/04/2017

Susan J.

Excellent! From the sales process (Scott) to the installation and follow up (e.g. AHRI's). Not sure how this could have gone any better- either with Thompson or a competing product/service

Description of Work
2 new Amana HVAC systems

Work Completed On 09/11/2017

Thanks. I'm glad that your experience was great. We love helping people stay comfortable.

06/19/2017

Jeffrey L.

Technician fixed in a couple of hours and did a quality job. The price seemed a bit excessive for amount of work done and parts needed.

Description of Work
Ac needed to be fixed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for your business.

03/07/2017

Gene H.

Great! Prices are within the going rate.

Description of Work
Have used this company for at least ten years. They do an excellent job in every area. They have replaced both a furnace and air conditioner during that time as well as doing regular maintenance. Would highly recommend them.

Work Completed On 03/07/2017

02/05/2017

Lynn B.

The technician said he had a replacement igniter in his truck and it would only take a few minutes to install. I asked how much the part was and he said $226 installed. I assumed the part must be pretty expensive since it would only take a few minutes to install and the total cost was so high. I was late for a meeting so I agreed to the price and left. I later found out that the part is $10 - $15 and takes about 5 minutes to install. The $226 for the part was in addition to $79 for the service call. I don't mind paying $79 for having someone come out or $100 per hour for labor, or a reasonable markup on parts (100%?). What I object to is Thompson in effect charging me $210 to install something that took less than 10 minutes after leading me to believe that the part was much more expensive than it actually was. I called to talk to Kevin Thompson and my call was returned by Morgan Shane, who explained that if they were to tell customers what was wrong with their furnaces and how to fix them that Thompson would be out of business. To the extent that customers are willing to do simple things on their furnaces that is true, but I don't think many people are. I think what he was saying is that if they are honest with people it will hurt their business. That is a theory that is worth testing although I get the feeling that Thompson will not be the company that tests that theory. Another justification Morgan Shane gave for the pricing was that everyone in the industry does it, and Thompson generally charges less than other companies. So apparently throughout the industry companies are looking at each other and saying that if everyone else is misleading customers then it's OK for us to do it too. So the whole industry is built on deception.

Description of Work
We woke up and the furnace wasn't working. Called Thompson and they sent someone within two hours. The technician quickly (within 5-10 minutes) diagnosed the problem as a bad igniter.

Work Completed On 01/30/2017

01/19/2017

Betty B.

They were cheaper than another provider and they also did the exact same service.

Description of Work
I used Thompson for Heating & A/C services. They replaced our air conditioner.

Work Completed On 04/15/2016

01/17/2017

Gerald B.

Original work, the box was installed upside down and after 3 or 4 weeks a wire had come loose and had to be reinstalled.

Description of Work
replaced old Zinco circuit box with new Square D box on heat pump.

Work Completed On 11/01/2016

01/14/2017

Cory S.

We've been having icing issues with our outside flue, and condensation leaking into the attic. We had Kevin (Owner) come out to complete the assessment and help identify the issue. Upon arrival, Kevin took a 15 minute phone call for another client. Upon seeing the issue, Kevin thought it was a caulking issue, but I told him the caulking had just been done. I then showed him pictures of the flue. Kevin said he'd never seen it before, and that he would reach out to his resources and get back to me. Kevin never called back. Upon talking with another furnace company, they recommended that I change the flue to a lower diameter. I reached out to Thompson again, and they said they would respond back with a quote. Received no response. I guess this Company didn't want a potential client and possibly replace our furnace to a higher efficiency unit, but they never responded so I will take my business elsewhere.

Description of Work
Requested flue repair and assessment. Company promised response twice and never respond despite repeated calls.

Work Completed On 01/14/2017

01/11/2017

Gerald A.

They diagnosed the problem on Monday. It took two days to get the part and correct the issue. They were polite. They arrived timely. They were here when they said they would. They fixed the problem. My dislike was it took two days to resolve the problem once they identified it.

Description of Work
I use Thompson. We just had a service call today. They fixed a heat pump under warranty service.

Work Completed On 01/11/2017

10/11/2016

abby T.

They were supposed to install furnace and ac. Financed part of cost via BB&T, and both companies would not follow up with us after several days and multiple phone calls. Decided to go with a different company and have everything approved and scheduled in a day. Almost a blessing in disguise because now we have learned Westinghouse systems are terrible. Went with a Lennox, despite being more expensive.

Description of Work
Gave us estimate on new ac and furnace after sewage spill.

Work Completed On 10/05/2016

08/26/2016

Erin S.

Great! Very professional, they gave me a courtesy call 30 minutes before they arrived, didn't pressure me to do more work than necessary like replacing the entire unit (which is 16 years old), and I felt like they were honest.

Description of Work
Freon needed to be replaced & coils needed to be cleaned.

Work Completed On 08/26/2016

07/14/2016

Jeff R.

The project has went excellent. The system was comprised of 4 separate units in the administrative side of the building that allowed the end user to control the temperature in a zone configuration. The challenges of the project was that the units were installed in the mechanical room located in the attic area which had limited access. Also there was a separate make up air unit in the bay area. The duct work of this unit had to be modified in order to facilitate the usability of the bays. Thompson worked with us extremely well to overcome conflicts with the other trades work.

Description of Work
Thompson Heating and Cooling provided and installed the entire HVAC system in a new 11,000 square foot EMS headquarters building that we are building. They have been very punctual and have met our schedule and performed an outstanding job. We have worked with them on previous projects and they have lived up to the level of performance that we have come to expect.

Work Completed On 07/14/2016

03/18/2016

Allan W.

They have been back a couple of different times. There was no cost because it was a routine maintenance. They're very fast. It's a fast and friendly service. They are good workers. They are always immediate. He's the best. I would definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
They just did some follow-up maintenance.

Work Completed On 12/18/2015

09/29/2015

Larry C.

Tech was on time, went straight to work and determine his "new" part was faulty, so ensured second replacement part was good. Didn't stick me with bad part and future repairs. Honest! Fair price and professional.

Description of Work
Technician confirmed bad contactor in outside unit, replaced contactor.

Work Completed On 08/05/2015

09/25/2015

Tim K.

First visit on time as scheduled, found problem right away. Had to get est after he left, to find parts! Second visit on time & completed as estimated! Very friendly & will hire again.

Description of Work
Replaced a coil in furnace for A/C & filled with refrigerant.

Work Completed On 08/28/2015

08/23/2015

Peter C.

Very well. Service man advised we should anticipate replacing system in < 1 year.

Description of Work
Repaired coil leak, recharged coolant, checked entire system.

Work Completed On 06/19/2015

07/16/2015

Mary Ann B.

This was a very easy company to work with. They were very punctual, knowledgeable and professional. They explained a couple of different systems that would be workable for our home, yet honest enough to tell us which one was best for our needs.

Description of Work
A complete HVAC unit for our home.