HC DUNBAR PLUMBING

Founded 2002 • With Angi since December 2002

66 MCCULLUM RD

Independence, KY 41051

We are a Northern Kentucky based plumbing company that specializes in service, repair and emergency services for all things plumbing related....

08/17/2018

Michelle P.

When I contacted mr. Dunbar and told him that my kitchen sink was clogged he knew exactly what the problem was. He was very knowledgeable and explained to me why I was having the problem and how we could fix it. He unclogged the drains and put in a drain clean-out. I was very happy with the work he performed and we will only call him in the future.

Description of Work
Unclogged sink drain and installed a drain clean out.

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

As the owner I would like to personally thank you for your review and all of the tasks that you provided before, during and after the work commenced. This makes a considerable difference in the speed and efficiency of our work. It always deserves our recognition. Thank you for choosing us for your plumbing needs. If you or your husband every have any plumbing related questions or tasks, always feel free to contact us to get solid advice before starting.

06/19/2018

Stacey G.

Steve did a great job fixing our problem. We have an old house. He was familiar with the houses in our area and the older plumbing. Our toilet had been leaking for a very long time. He was replaced the old toilet and the rotting wood underneath it. He was very affordable!!

Description of Work
Replace leaky toilet AND damaged floor

Category plumbing

Thank you for the great review, and someone who deserves a ton of credit (and respect) was your husband. His efforts of moving all my equipment/materials and tools up the steps and back down. That was a ton of work, and it made such a difference. He worked with me the entire time making cuts to the new floor, bringing tools when I needed them. It certainly made the effort of making this repair go a great deal faster and more efficient.

05/28/2016

Julie S.

Called him today on Saturday morning of a this Holiday weekend. Called back told us when he could be here. Came out, really had to work to get our drain unclogged. Did a great job and was a really nice guy. We've found a plumber that we will call with all of our issues in the future.

Description of Work
Snake the drain

Category drain cleaning

03/22/2016

Steve L.

HC Dunbar was the third plumber I contacted about a dripping issue from my upstairs bath/tub into the kitchen ceiling. I described the problem in a message through Angie's List and he suggested pouring a pitcher of water onto the overflow plate to see if the leak showed up instantly. It didn't but the idea that the water was getting behind that wall made sense. We took a magnifying glass to the tile above the plate and faucet and saw some tiny slits between the tile. When we sprayed water on the slits, the drip started. The other plumbers who had come out and viewed the situation for over an hour, kept thinking it was a pipe issue even though it was not leaking from the pipe but around the pipe. Thanks to HC Dunbar for the great advice. We will definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
Figured out my dripping problem without seeing it.

Category plumbing

Thank you for the kind review regarding your experience with our company. I make a diligent effort through advice to help in regards to pinpointing a problem prior to arrival. In your descriptive statements, it led instantly to believing that the leak was tracing the piping before the piping leaking itself. We recommend a pliable 100% aquarium grade silicone between the tiled wall and the tub to make a positive seal. Tile setters make the mistake of grouting the wall to the tub, not understanding the free movement needed long term.

11/19/2011

SUSAN D.

It went fine. I've worked with Mr. Dunbar before - he is very responsive and courteous, and he tries hard not to spend more money on the job than you need him to. He explained everything he did and showed me how to unstick the drain plugs myself if the the problem occurred again. He showed me the inside of thekitchen faucet and how it had started to break down and needed new parts.(The faucet was sticking - wouldn't move back and forth easily and the sprayer would stay in the extended position.) All the work was done in about an hour and a half. He's a bit chatty but he won't overcharge you. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Fixed stuck drain plugs in two sinks. Rebuilt faucet on kitchen sink.

10/28/2009

DAVID S.

He was very thorough, very helpful and accommodated our hours that we are available; he came in the evening because we are not there during the day. He was very good about explaining things, fixed some problems and made some good suggestions on other issues. He was not very pushy and I appreciate him a lot. The price was pretty reasonable.

Description of Work
I used them for some plumbing work.

10/22/2009

Bill L.

He came and installed the water heater and had to come back for some other things. He was good to work with. The price was normal. He was here when he said he would, but he was ill a couple of days. Everything is working fine.

Description of Work
We used Dunbar in July to install a water heater and he worked on some of the connections between the washing machine and the basin.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

04/23/2009

MELISSA J.

Steve has been extremely professional and comes when you need him (even on a Saturday night). His work is always done at or above code and is very reasonable. We have used him numerous times and will continue to use him in the future. We could not be happier with the quality of his work.

Description of Work
Steve has fixed our outdoor water faucets, unclogged our laundry room drain, replaced a worn gas fitting, snaked all drains at a new house and fixed the water line on the dishwasher so water would run through it properly.

04/22/2009

MICHAEL L.

I have used HC Dunbar Plumbing for 7 years. He is very thorough and explains what he is going to do and the cost of everything. He is very good.

Description of Work
I used HC Dunbar Plumbing to do all of my plumbing work. The last time he came was for a clogged drain on a Sunday.

01/03/2009

JERRY & CINDY H.

The hot-water valve went quickly, but the Moen faucet gave Steve a fit. It would not come apart easily, required a special tool to remove the faucet cartridge (which Moen failed to send with the cartridge that we ordered and which Steve had to create on the spot by cutting and shaping a copper pipe) and then found that Moen had sent the wrong replacement cartridge. He then put the unit back together, left for the day, made a special trip to pick up the right cartridge for us, came back a couple of days later and fixed it. Only charged us for a fraction of the time that he'd put in. He even left the tool he'd made so that we'd have it in the future.

Description of Work
Steve came to repair a leaking hot water supply intake valve at a lavatory sink and a Moen tub faucet that would not turn off properly.

01/02/2009

DAVID S.

Steve arrived the same day and quickly used his sophisticated equipment to find the tool. He used a video camera that he snaked down the pipe. I wanted to try and do it my self so Steve advised me on possible methods of retrieval. I tried several times but was unable to get it. I called Steve again and he returned again promptly to assist me. We were able to get the tool. Steve is very professional and very capable. He has very sophisticated equipment and knows how to use it to get results fast. He advised me on toilet replacement and methods to assure success. Great experience. Definitely call Steve whenever I have a plumbing issue.

Description of Work
I called Steve for a severe plumbing problem. A tool had fallen down the stack and I could not retrieve locate it or retrieve it.

12/23/2008

MARY JO R.

They liked his honesty and willingness to work with them. He has been very good to them. They are older and they trust him. He did not charge us until the whole job was done.

Description of Work
I hired them for my parents. He fixed the upstairs toilet and the downstairs faucet. Installed a downstairs toilet and fixed a water heater.

03/17/2008

BARABRA F.

Called and left message and Steve responded within 10 minutes and said he would be available within 2 hours. Steve arrived at the time he had estimated. Water leak was fixed with no problems.

Description of Work
Replaced a cracked fitting located on our main water line.

02/29/2008

Paul H.

They could not do it as they were booked at the time we needed them but they were very helpful in giving us the name of a company that they recommended. Thanks - Dunbar! ($200)

Description of Work
We were updating our kitchen & needed someone to install the sink & faucet in our new granite countertop.

02/06/2008

BONNIE S.

From the first day I contacted Steve, to the day he finished and left, I had no problems with this job or with him. Steve has done work for me in the past, and this call was no different. He came on time and was prepared for the job. He called to remind me of my appt a few days before and called again on the day of the appt, to let me know he might be a little late since one of the other jobs was running later than anticipated. He also takes his time, answers any questions you may have, gives suggestions, and cleans up afterwards. He will not try to sell you something he doesn't see as necessary to the project at hand and leaves with the reminder that if you have any problems, to please give him a call. Although this product ROOTX is relatively easy for a homeowner to do themselves, Steve has no problem with stopping by and doing this "small" job himself as a courtesy for the customer.

Description of Work
I called Steve to come because I not only was concerned about my floor drains backing up from some unusual high water levels in the drains, but I also needed a product called ROOTX put in my drains. This product keeps pipelines clear of intruding tree roots and should be put in on an annual basis and Steve does this maintenance for me. Steve asked some questions about the drains, determined they would probably not be backing up as the water had already receded down since my call, and proceeded to install the ROOTX.

Category drain cleaning

01/27/2008

wesley K.

Have used Dunbar before and was very satisfied. Once again, Steve was very professional and polite and did exactly what we asked him to do. The one thing he shows more than any other service contractor we have ever used is he really seems to care about his work. His reputation really matters to him. That's hard to find these days. The price seemed fair enough considering all he did. I absolutely will call Dunbar in the future.

Description of Work
Install an electric water heater. A conversion from a gas water heater. Remove old gas pipes from basement that were no longer in use. Install new shower handles in an utility shower. Clean out chimney flues.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

01/06/2008

mike F.

It went great! Steve worked us in to his busy schedule. He was very professional and explained every step of what he was doing, and he didn't mind that I asked questions. Steve explained what needed to be done, and took the time to do the work properly. I will definitely call him for future plumbing needs, and I recommend him highly!

Description of Work
Steve came to my house to move a gas line in the kitchen. This entailed drilling a hole in the floor, cutting and threading new pipes, some rough plumbing in the basement, and the finish work in the kitchen.

12/10/2007

JERRY & CINDY H.

Steve is very knowledgeable in his field, knows products, and is well versed in plumbing code. He takes his time and double-checks his work. He went out of his way to track down a particular faucet for us, and it is working out nicely. While working he noticed that two showers fixtures needed caulking and did this along with replacing a malfunctioning toilet tank flapper (I don t think that he even charged for these items). He has no problem answering questions, either about the project on which he is working or plumbing questions in general. You can have confidence that the completed job will be done correctly.

Description of Work
Needed an expansion tank; fittings on the hot-water heater; new fitting and faucet at kitchen sink. This is our first contact with Dunbar Plumbing, and Steve the owner. We called because of high ratings on Angie s List.

11/29/2007

MARY JO R.

I came up to visit my parents in the Cincinati area only to find out one of their toilets was still leaking and therefore had been turned off. With 4 of us there, I decided to take matters into my own hands and contact a plumber. I quickly "added another city" to my Angie's List account and immediately I had at my fingertips access to all the good plumbers in the area. I chose the one who had the most A ratings. Steve from Dunbar Plumbing was able to come out the morning after Thanksgiving. He gave us good tips on what to do and what not to do, he was honest, and even gave my parents the senior discount. He also reused one of the parts to help save money. I will make sure my parents and local siblings have his contact info so they can use him for their future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Steve replaced the guts in the toilet tank and fixed the leak that had been plaguing my parents for weeks.

10/23/2007

TAMMY S.

It went very well and I would hire Steve for any future plumbing problems. He is neat in his work and very willing to share his knowledge to tell me exactly what he thought I should do and how everything would work. I also asked him about other work I needed to have done. He took his time and explained everything to me and I was very satisfied with his work and his knowledge. I have scheduled him again to complete the remaining plumbing projects.

Description of Work
I knew my water pressure was too high and had read the home page of their web site which described exactly what I was experiencing. Steve returned my call promptly and came out and put on a regulator to take care of the water pressure problem.

10/04/2007

Laurie L.

I would not call this company again.

Description of Work
No work was performed. I called on a Friday afternoon and was told that he could come between 6 and 7 pm that night. At 7:45 he called to say he could be there at 8 pm. We said this was too late in the evening and it was rescheduled for "first thing Monday morning." Nobody called or came on Monday. On Wednesday I called and left a message that we had an appointment on Monday and that nobody came or called. Nobody ever got back to us.

Category plumbing

THE MALE PROPERTY OWNER TOLD ME TO "TURN MY TRUCK AROUND AND HEAD BACK HOME BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT COMING HERE TONIGHT." THE FEMALE PROPERTY OWNER NEVER STATED TIME RESTRAINTS WHEN I FIRST SPOKE TO HER, EXPLAINING THAT I WOULD BE THERE "AFTER 6 OR 7." I TOLD HER I WAS REPLACING A KITCHEN SINK FAUCET AND THE JOB WAS PROCEEDING IN A DIFFICULT MANNER. PHONE RECORDS STATE 7:19 PM WAS WHEN I CALLED TO STATE I WAS ENROUTE TO THEIR LOCATION. THE SERVICE CALL WAS "GROANING NOISE IN THE WATER LINES." THIS ISN'T CONSIDERED EXACTLY A DIRE EMERGENCY AT $130/HOUR ON A FRIDAY NIGHT. IT WAS A PROBLEM THAT HAD BEEN GOING ON FOR DAYS, BUT THE FEMALE STATED SHE WANTED IT DONE. APPARENTLY THERE WAS NO COMMUNICATION BETWEEN THE TWO PROPERTY OWNERS; ONE IS TELLING ME TO COME OVER WHEN I GET DONE AND ANOTHER IS TELLING ME 7:30 PM IS TOO LATE. IT'S ALSO HARD TO UNDERSTAND WHY THE PROPERTY OWNERS FEEL THAT THIS REPAIR WOULD BE SOLELY ON WHAT THEY THINK IS A SET TIME TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM, ESPECIALLY IF HIGH WATER PRESSURE IS TO BLAME FOR THE PROBLEMS AT THIS PROPERTY. THEIR INSTANT THINKING OF MONDAY MORNING IS A LAST MINUTE $130 TO $85 FINANCIAL DECISION WITH THE SERVICE PROVIDER CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE. HAVING THE LEADING PLUMBING COMPANY IN YOUR AREA TELL YOU "NO" IS PROBABLY VERY UPSETTING, THUS THE REASON FOR A RETALIATORY REPORT, KNOWING THERE'S NO REVERSAL OF FORTUNE. I DO NOT ACCEPT ATTITUDES FROM OTHERS KNOWING HOW WELL I TREAT ALL MY POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS. GOOD LUCK WORKING WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

09/25/2007

Tim and Lou S.

He fixed all of these things that two other plumbers have looked at and did not do up to code. Steve was very professional, knowledgeable and went out of his way to actually educate me on different plumbing issues. It was obvious that he also cared that we were happy. No one else had ever checked the pressure and it was more than double the standard. I would recommend him to anyone for any plumbing job, we were that pleased.

Description of Work
He fixed an old cast iron waste line that had cracked, installed 2 toilets and put in a pressure relief valve on our water line.

08/28/2007

DAVID M.

The plumber responded to this non emergency situation the following day and promptly fixed the problem.

Description of Work
A leak in the basement pipe near the meter measuring use of outside water was repaired by tightening the meter tab. Water pressure was checked and found to be fine. Although not part of the work request, a recently installed hot water heater was inspected and suggestions made for its maintenance.

08/23/2007

PHIL S.

This is the third time that I have used Dunbar Plumbing and I continued to be very pleased with his work. This was a challenging project since the old sink and faucet had to be removed before the new could be installed. Getting the old sink removed was harder than expected, but Steve was able to get it out. He then fitted the new sink to the available space and installed the new faucet. What I like most about Steve is that he takes pride in his work and doesn't take short cuts. In short, he does the job right.

Description of Work
Installed a new kitchen sink and faucet.

08/13/2007

DARLA H.

He seemed very knowledgeable. He gave above and beyond the normal amount of information usually provided. He did a great job and we would use him again. I appreciated that he wore booties in the house to keep everything clean and cleaned up well after himself.

Description of Work
He put in a secondary meter for my water sanitation line.

Joaquin Remodeling LLC

Joaquin Remodeling LLC provides general remodeling and home improvement services in the Fort Thomas and surrounding areas. We pay attention to detail and we never cut corners. Please call us today for an estimate on your next home project!

Brown Construction

Construction, fabrication, and installation of materials to replace, repair and finish new and existing interiors and exteriors of homes. Certified in Building Construction Technology.

Plumb Tite Plumbing

Plumb Tite is a long-standing family owned and operated plumbing company heavily servicing clients in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana. A full service company, we specialize in providing residential and commercial service plumbing work of all shapes and sizes. Plumb Tite has rightfully earned the reputation as a highly chosen and referred plumber of choice, along with a number of awards and accolades for our customer service, excellence, growth, ethics and business operations. We believe in providing a better service experience and demonstrating how exceptional a service company should and can operate. We accomplish this with superior customer service and follow-up, expanded business hours including weekends and evenings to meet your busy schedule, real and licensed plumbers who are not only highly skilled but also exceptional at communicating options and solutions for customers, and the most honest and up-front pricing model anywhere. It is our belief that customers deserve better and we intend to provide it each and every time by earning your business instead of simply expecting it. Isn't that the way it should be? With a team of expertly trained and certified master and journeyman plumbers to service our customer’s vast and varied needs, Plumb Tite has truly become synonymous with the original and lasting company logo, Plumbing Done Right!

PLUMBING SERVICE AND REPAIR OF ALL FIXTURES INSIDE HOME & DRAIN CLEANING OF ALL FIXTURES INCLUDING SEWER LINES.