ABC Plumbing

Founded 1995 • With Angi since March 2010

923 Thornton

Dayton, KY 41074

I am Self-employed. ABC Plumbing is a full service company. ABC is backflow certified to do annual backflow testing or rebuilding your backflow preventor. ABC carries a sewer tappers licesne as well. We are fully insured and bonded.

07/14/2015

Mark O.

nothing happened because there was no communication.

Description of Work
Spoke with owner and sent several messages to get estimate for shower install, no response at all

01/22/2015

Beth H.

Anthony was very accommodating and worked me into his schedule with very short notice. He arrived on time with a smile on his face, and he did the work perfectly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Removed broken kitchen faucet and installed a new, chef's kitchen model.

09/13/2014

Sherri C.

Anthony Cleaned out the lav drain to resolve the issue, and did so at a very reasonable price considering that it was an unusually difficult clog that took a lot of time and effort to fix. He was very nice and easy to work with. I'd definitely recommend ABC Plumbing to anyone

Description of Work
Our bathroom sink was not draining.

07/10/2014

Patricia N.

Getting the work scheduled had a rather rocky start but I'm pleased with the result. I used Angie's List to send an email describing my problem to four different plumbers. None of them responded for over a week; three never responded at all. Anthony of ABC Plumbing was the only one of my original four who reached out. He apologized for the delay, stated they were having challenges with email, and said he hoped I'd keep him in mind if I needed any other work. Since I still needed my initial work done, I called him. He was very friendly on the phone but was upfront about how busy he was. My problem wasn't pressing so I told him I'd wait. We scheduled time on July 3 for him to come out between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. He asked me to send him a text message with all the things we had discussed on the phone - my name, address, shower problem, date of appointment, etc. I did that. I took time off work and on July 3 it hit me that I hadn't ever had a response back from my text. At 9:30 a.m. I texted him to request a confirmation. He called within 10 minutes apologizing profusely and saying he couldn't make it. I was annoyed but he was so genuinely remorseful and clearly overwhelmed that instead of giving up, I said and quot;well, when can you come?and quot; He offered to come on July 4, a holiday. We scheduled the appointment for 11. He arrived 15 minutes late. Really nice guy who clearly knows plumbing. He told me my repair could be as little as $90 or as much as $350 depending on what he found when he started taking things apart. I authorized the work. He did it in less than an hour, and fortunately, I had an easy fix. I paid $15 for the shower cartridge and $75 for his time - a total of $90.

Description of Work
Replaced a cartridge in a rarely used shower stall. Water wasn't coming out.

06/11/2014

scott F.

The installation of the interior of the plumbing went according to plan except when it came to installing a sump pump in the basement. Once he did that, it required digging of a hole in my side yard, both services happening near the foundation of my house. As a result of incompetence, digging in winter weather, he dug in such a fashion that my foundation completely shifted leaving me with a $15,000-$20,000 foundation issue. I hired engineers to assess fault and fix, it was confirmed that the plumber was at fault for this…and needs to pay restitution. Anthony is adamant that he bears no responsibility for this issue and refuses to pay anything toward fixing the problem. I've had to get lawyers involved and still my foundation is severely damaged. It is typical contractor/service provider BS where they don't take responsibility for their actions, leaving the owner to absorb the cost of their incompetence. Think twice before hiring him. He cannot be trusted.

Description of Work
installed all plumbing for the house that I am rehabbing.

Category plumbing

Mr. [member name removed], ABC Plumbing was a hired by a contractor with an agreed contract that the contractor would be responsible for all excavation. In regards to the aforementioned scenario, ABC Plumbing is defending this case through current litigation. ABC Plumbing, has always worked under the code of honor, trust and integrity. We are extremely displeased with this instance and depending on courts decisions we will act appropriately. With that being said, we do not feel as we are at fault and we are very sorry you, Mr. [member name removed], feel the way you do.

05/07/2014

David B.

Description of Work
It has been more than a week since making contact with this company regarding work I wanted done at my house, and I have yet to hear from them.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

ABC Plumbing would like to apologize for the inconvenience I do hope you have found someone to meet your needs. We have had numerous issues with our computer and unfortunately Angie's' List is not currently serve as our primary contact for referrals. ABC Plumbing is making improvements to their process and procedures to ensure this issue does not reoccur. Once again we apologize for this inconvenience and wish you the very best.

05/01/2014

Sam T.

It went great. Anthony is super reliable and knows everything about the business. I didn't even have to be there and he got it done when he said he would. This guy is the best kind of plumber to hire since he doesn't work for a big company but he's super skilled.

Description of Work
Installed cleanout in main sewer line and augered line.

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for your kind review and patronage.

12/02/2013

Rebecca M.

Went the extra mile.

Description of Work
Examined bathtub and all the drains. Discovered there was no gasket on the 9verflow drain! Repaired it quickly and snakes the main drain as an extra servic3. All this on a holiday weekend. Wouldefidefinitely call this plumber again.d

04/26/2013

Jonathan M.

They were good. The only thing that kind of set me back about those guys was their pricing. Basically I thought there was a much worse problem with my shower but it was just ten minutes of work and all the guy had to do was unscrew my showerhead and screw back on another one. He just put a simple putty on it and charged me 300 bucks so I'm not using those guys again.

Description of Work
ABC Plumbing fixed my showerhead.

Category plumbing

ABC Plumbing is so sorry for the bad experience however, [removed member name] has posted this review to the wrong plumbing company. ABC Plumbing under Anthony is a one man company and has never done any work in Miamisburg or for [removed member name]. Our standard fee for fixing a shower head is $75.00 with additional cost for supplies if needed. All fees are discussed up front, there are no hidden fees.

01/23/2013

Phil B.

.ABC Plumbing has been incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, honest, successful in fixing my plumbing issues, timely and flexible. A homeowners dream to find him (it's a one man show). I think I need to look up 'superlatives' in a thesaurus to find enough words to show how impressed I am. We've actually used him twice; we hired him a second time to help our son as well. Anthony is very experienced, and it really showed (more on this below). Like a lot of single proprietorships, ABC stays in business on the strength of repeat customers and referrals. I'm one of those. Anthony came by for a clog - fixed handily. He was VERY up front on the phone, before I hired him, as to his hourly wage. Come to think of it, I can't remember if there was a one hour minimum or if he quoted by the job, but either way, I ended up asking him to replace a faucet, which went well too. Somehow, I ended up with a few minutes left of credit (I think I hired him for an extra hour to finish this second job, or something). Any way, basically, if he gets the job done early, which he did in my case, he is fully available for the rest of the time for anything else you may want. That was awesome, especially compared to the last place I hired, which sent two guys to replace a toilet, with a fair amount of standing around, flat rate. I think I had something like 15 minutes 'extra', so we went around and checked each drain in the house, found some minor hair clogs, etc that he took care of. He was also VERY INSTRUCTIVE when I needed him to be. Anthony was also VERY honest. He has his hourly rate, and does not do any upselling on his time, services or parts. But if something is needed, he tells you why. If you don't want it done, no problem, but he'll explain any risks, and distinguishes between 'nice to have' and 'risky to do with out'. He's awesome. Kinda funny too...I mentioned to him that I have had mixed reliability from some service people, and liked his reviews, but wondered about the name - ABC Plumbing. Maybe not the best name - sounds like some impersonal national company (whereas I prefer working with established single proprietorships). Well.....it turns out his name is Anthony B. Cadle - so ABC comes from this initials! LOL. He said he hadn't thought too much about it...just named it after himself. WE DID HIRE HIM A SECOND TIMEand gt; So pleased we did. My step-son had a clogged toilet. Had done everything except pull it (he's pretty handy). Talked with Anthony, who was happy to explain what else to do (i.e., pull the toilet and reach in from below, as well as check further down the pipe etc). Or come by to help us. What ever we prefered. Once again...no upsell, lots of honesty. We ended up hiring Anthony for this one as well.... It turned out he had to pull the toiled, and since he has 20 years in the business, has many funny little tools he has accumulated over the years, and it took one particular little grasper to reach up in the toiled from below to retrieve....a plastic fork! Problem solved.....3/4 hour to do all that, so only $75. If he'd had to go in further, it would have been $125 total, so we were relieved at the price and once again, thankful that he charged us by the hour and not the job. Anthony is the man, and gets my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Outstanding in every way - a homeowner's dream to find this plumber

07/24/2012

DENA S.

He had it done in a few minutes. The price was reasonable. He is great.

Description of Work
We had a clogged sewer pipe, and ABC Plumbing came out and fixed that.

Category sewer cleaning

05/03/2012

Margaret H.

He located the leak and fixed it within 1.5 hours. He was prompt, professional, and expert. I'm relatively new in town, but I'm fortunate to have found a trustworthy plumber. If the need arises, I will definitely call him again.

Description of Work
After 8 days out of town on business, I returned home to find ~1/8 inch of water on the bathroom floor from a slow leak in an overhead pipe. After reviewing Angie's List, I called ABC Plumbing at 2 PM, and Anthony arrived the next morning promptly at 8 AM, as promised.

03/06/2012

Richard S.

He was prompt and fair. He gave me a quote over the phone. He came by himself and charged me for the work that he did. Plumbers aren't cheap and they have to charge to get to you, but you expect to pay. What he charged was fair. He came when he said he would and did the work in a timely manner. I thought he was a nice guy. I told him what I needed and he came with the parts. He came prepared to do the work that I asked him to do.

Description of Work
ABC Plumbing replaced a sump pump in the basement.

12/08/2011

Allen L.

Within an hour and a half he called to ask my permission to bring another brand of pump and explained to me the differences. I have to state that his knowledge of how sump pumps were built and what internal parts were used was impressive. When he arrived he went straight to work. Both my wife and I commented that he seemed very professional and polite. He made several trips into the flooded basement, on one I saw him take a piece of pcv pipe. When he was finished he explained he had fitted a piece of pipe in the out going pipe to reduce strain and vibration. Althought he did extra work installing that pipe and fittings his estmate did not change. I would highly recommend ABC plumbing. He went out of his way to serve us. Not charging for the extra pipe that would reduce vibration and strain was a nice touch. He has followed up with us several times.

Description of Work
We awoke to find that our sump pump had failed and our basement was flooded. I called ABC Plumbing and an extreemly nice woman answered the telephone, she mentioned that they had a number of calls because of the hard rain, and gave me her husband cell phone number. My thinking was this was a one man show and he would not be able to help us in a timely manner. He said that he was indeed busy but understood our need to pump the basement dry and made arrangements to fit us in. He inquired as to which brand of pump we had. I told him and he was very knowledgeable about it and mentioned that it's life span was about five years, it just so happens that it was five years old.

Category plumbing, wells

09/14/2011

TIM G.

They did a great job. They came the day after I called them. He was real straightforward and said it would cost so much an hour versus so much for the job. He was unsure of how long it would take so he said it would be an hourly rate so it was very easy. He did lag and he worked very hard. It was a day that the air conditioning was out and it was 95 degrees in the house. The work was upstairs so he had to go up and down the stairs and it was a lot of work.

Description of Work
I used ABC Plumbing because I had a leak at the turn off valve so they had to replace it. They also replaced a toilet.

07/27/2011

susan H.

The guy is very nice but I didn't think he did a very good job. We had to have another plumber come out. He's trying to get his own business going because the business he worked for is no longer in business. I didn't think the quality of the work was all that great. He was very reasonable and responsible. He came in an emergency so it was very nice that he came out. He tried hard and maybe he is getting better. He is very honest and tries hard to please the customer. He tries to make it reasonable. He is very into customer satisfaction. If I had called him back, I'm sure he would have tried to fix it but I didn't want to go through that.

Description of Work
I used ABC Plumbing for plumbing.

07/08/2011

DENA S.

The owner Anthony came to our home and cleaned out our patio drain. Very prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Our main patio drain was clogged and backing up.

Category home remodeling, drain cleaning

12/17/2010

Virginia S.

I apparantly had a very old drain system under my sink in the laundry room which needed replacing. A pretty easy job to do myself actually, but Home Depot nor Lowe's nor other local hardware stores carried the part I needed. It was right before we were going to leave on a trip, laundry was piling up and it needed to be fixed now. The gentleman totally worked around my schedule and showed up at 7:30am as promised, got the job done under the estimate and was polite and friendly to boot! He had to come to my home in Villa Hills, KY to see what was needed, travel to Norwood to get the pieces he would need and back to my house to put it all together. All during morning rush hour traffic. Well worth every penny! I will always call this company if ever in need of plumbing services again!

Description of Work
Replaced the plumbing under laundry room sink.

08/29/2010

SALLY R.

Job well done. It now works beautifully. He was prompt in service, within hours after my call.

Description of Work
My upstairs bathroom sink was clogged and so I needed it cleaned out .Mr. Cadle was very professional in both quoting the price and also being very honest - as he explained this was an old house (1895) with old pipes and he would clean them, but always with old pipes the process could cause a beak in the wall pipes. I didn't like to hear this but it did give me the option to say yes or no. As it turned out he cleaned it without a break. He was able to see I needed a new part and replaced that reasonably and I was glad he had suggested it and again gave me an estimate first. Anthony was very thorough and got the job done and didn't extra charge me, when he was without a part in his truck. He was also pleasant about climbing the steps on the hill to do the work.

07/28/2010

Mark K.

Anthony did a great job! Took him a little longer than he said it usually would to install a faucet system, but the undercounter space was very small and cramped and it was hard for him to get under to work on. He also warranties his work. Good job!

Description of Work
Needed a faucet system (spigot, handle, sprayer, soap dispenser) installed in our kitchen. Called Anthony on Tuesday, he showed up Wednesday at 8:30am, right on time. Was very friendly, worked hard to get the system in (see below!) and kept the area clean. Will use him again.

06/21/2010

susan H.

Master Plumber called back an hour later. Scheduled later that day. Did excellent job. Reasonable and fixed garbage disposal. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Called early in the a.m. for broken disposal. needed it for the weekend.

03/12/2010

LIN L.

Anthony is a one-man small business who specializes in honesty, excellent customer service and outstanding quality of work at a very fair price. Most recent job was not emergency, but he "worked us in" by coming late in the evening at no extra charge! He has come at night and worked in the driving rain to fix another outdoor pipe issue. Installation of new kitchen sink was in a very tight area. The old sink was undermount and cast iron. He had to get it out withoug damaging the countertop or wrecking the under cabinet. Took him forever, but he did not gouge us on the price and there wasn't a scratch on anything! He came up with a creative, cost effective solution to our need for another outdoor faucet. Could have done something very expensive and complicated, but offered the cost saving way first and it is working like a charm. To install the gas line for the backup generator, he had to coordinate with the electricians who weren't very flexible. Anthony "took up the slack" in scheduling and make it work. Again, at no extra cost. We would not use any other plumber!! Anthony is the best in our opinion.

Description of Work
Repaired broken pipe to outdoor faucet. ABC has done several jobs for us over the past 3 yrs: removed old sink and installed replacement kitchen sink; installed a gas line for installation of new whole house generator; installed a new outdoor faucet location; replaced faucet in a bathroom; repaired another broken outdoor water pipe.

Category plumbing, gas leak repair, drain cleaning