Morris Heating & Cooling

Founded 1984 • With Angi since June 2004

1467 PRODUCTION DR

Burlington, KY 41005

Morris Heating & Cooling, Inc. is a family owned and operated business. President/Owner, Louie Morris has over 30 years of experience in the Heating, Cooling, Refrigeration and Electrical fields. We take pride in our work and in the fact that we have been able to partner with businesses we service.

08/27/2018

BONNIE S.

They are excellent. I have no complaints about them with anything that's why we continue using them.

Description of Work
They installed a new unit of air conditioning and furnace.

07/31/2017

Oscar F.

On time .. finished as promised.

Description of Work
Replaced whole house system

07/08/2017

Mary M.

07/18/2016

Larry B.

Some of the duct work was wrong. They had to come back and re-do it. They came right out.

Description of Work
They put a new furnace in for me.

12/31/2014

Dean F.

I was replacing a thermostat with a programmable thermostat......unfortunately, I did not shut off the power to the cooling system and I blew the breaker. The unit is on the roof of my rental property.....access is only via a crane. The Morris team located a crane the day before the 4th of July to get me cool again. The rental of the crane was expensive, but the situation was my fault. Morris did great work and all people involved (the dispatcher, the electrician) were all great to work with and concerned about getting the AC back on at my rental property.

Description of Work
Morris reset a blown breaker on a roof top cooling system.

06/05/2014

Robert G.

We like them a lot. They put in the air conditioner when our house was built. It is $99 for the service. We like the people, reliability, work and fair pricing. They are not the cheapest because we really don't know what we might get. If they are good, reliable and show-up on time, then it is a big deal for us. We had looked for the same a/c while replacing it, it was a fair pricing and they gave us many options like what works for the house with basic minimum needs. We would like what's the basic cost's going to be. They tell me what would be the cost, how much they would charge me and how they are going to do it. Then if we find someone who says that they could do it in half a price, then we don't like that. We have used another heating and a/c guy, so we know how these guys work. It is a reasonable price for a good job. We will not go for a cheaper one because we know if something breaks down then they would not show up. They are really good. We have used them for 10 years. It is a good company. If we are looking for someone to replace the air conditioner then we will use them again.

Description of Work
We use Morris Heating & Cooling every six months to check the a/c during the summer and furnace during the winter. They take care of the maintenance.

04/30/2014

Brendan C.

I built this home in 2006. Morris Heating and Cooling installed the AC unit during construction of my home through the builder. I did not choose them. The first year I lived in the home I had no issues. My only complaint was that the unit chosen to put into my home was not great, it was not able to use Filtrete filters. As an allergy sufferer I was not pleased, but what was I going to do, it was a brand new home. So I was told to use the lowest end filters so the air could flow through correctly. Approximately two or three years or so after I moved into the house, my AC unit was not cooling the house. I had someone out to take a look, they evaluated the system and identified that it was not installed properly, that one of the tubes carrying freon through the system was leaking, and the lack of freon in the system had caused my unit to fail, the AC coils to freeze over, and required a patch to the tubing and a refill of freon. Because they acknowledged that the fault in the installation was to blame, they repaired and fixed the system free of charge. At the time, had I written this review, I would have given them A's across the board. However, that is not the end of the story. A year or two passed, with no issues. Last April (2013), in the beginning of the spring/summer season when I first turned on my AC unit, the same issue arose again. The coils were frozen over. I called Morris Heating and Cooling. They cam out promptly to help me with the issue. The technician, who was very nice and professional, ran a diagnostic check on my system. Come to find out, the system was low on freon, and yet again needed to be refilled. Knowing that the last time I'd had this issue arise, I was told that freon would never need to be injected into the system as it's a closed loop system and would self-sustain for many years, I was curious as to why. I explained the issue and history to this tech. He ran further tests on my system, and identified that the coils in the unit were leaking freon. His opinion was that the tubes, made of copper, and been frozen over and had so much condensation on them so many times that they'd rusted through and I would need to replace that coil. The estimate was several thousand dollars to do that. And all for a system I had had installed, serviced, and maintained by the same company. Morris had no interest in covering any of this as it was out of warranty. I feel a 7 year old AC until should have a little life left in it without having to invest serveral thousand dollars in it, specifically when the condensation and rusting was a *clear* result of the originally installed unit. Because it was hot the day they came out, I chose to have freon reinjected in the unit and hope for another year. Needless to say, when I call a service company for estimates on a new unit, or to repair the existing unit, I will not be calling Morris Heating and Cooling.

Description of Work
AC Unit was not working. Had them out to repair.

01/13/2014

Lora H.

Description of Work
New furnace and air conditioner

07/18/2013

Jason S.

They are knowledgeable and quick to make an appointment. They are an honest and good company.

Description of Work
I used Morris Heating & Cooling Inc last year for motor replacement on my air conditioner.

11/16/2012

Charles & Jennifer T.

It is excellent service. He could have build be for 2.5 hours of labor but he only billed me for a half hour of labor. I have used them for 10 years.

Description of Work
He fixed my mother board in my heating unit.

07/18/2012

Carin F.

Great service from start to finish! I called the company around 7:00 am, figuring there was no way we could get a technician to visit us the same day during one of the hottest days in July. The dispatcher, Dave, was very courteous and flexible -- he worked with us to schedule a time that worked best with our work schedules that day. The technician, Kevin, arrived on time, was knowledgeable, courteous, and went to work expeditiously. We could not ask for better service. We have used this company in the past and have been equally pleased. They have earned our loyalty, for sure.

Description of Work
Our air-conditioner failed during one of the hottest nights of the summer. The technician installed a new blower motor. He also checked and cleaned the outside A/C unit.

06/07/2012

Robert A.

Installation was to be on June 4th beginning at 8:00 a.m. The installers arrive about 10 minutes early. They were courteous and professional and completed the installation by 3:00 p.m. A couple of times during the installation, they discussed the installation and verified that it was being done to my satisfaction. They explained the operation of the system and answered all my questions about settings and operation. Around 2:00 p.m. another technician arrived and checked that the work completed was done correctly and checked out the system operation. He also went over the system settings and operation with me to make sure I understood them. He left about 4:00 p.m. I was extremely pleased with the installation and functioning of the new system. The installation went very well and the area around the old furnace was cleaner after they left than it was before.

Description of Work
We replaced a 14 year old furnace and air conditioning system that was installed when our home was built new. We have been using Morris Heating and Cooling for several years to service our old system. We had tried other companies, but liked the service we received from Morris the best. We got quotes from Morris and another company. The quote from Morris was about $1,500 less than the other company. They both quoted the same equipment, and gave us several options.

08/22/2011

Courtenay L.

They were great and the price was reasonable. Basically I chose another company because they didn’t want to install it the way I wanted it to be. They wanted to install it a different way so I found another company. They were good and prompt.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Morris Heating & Cooling for an installation.

10/25/2010

donna M.

as above

Description of Work
Came out and gave me a bid on installing a furnace and AC unit. The information was explained so I could understand it and the price was competitive with other bids I received. They arrived promply on the installation date and accommodated my need for them to be finished by the time I went to work. The work was done professionally, explanations about how to operate the systems were given and any mess was cleared away. The workers were pleasant and courteous.

08/27/2010

ken E.

I trust this family owed company to be honest and they provide good service. I just have a hard time with the $80 travel charge just to get to my home. I'm about a mile from their location. But, I do understand that this kind of charge is not uncommon in this line of work.

Description of Work
Needed to add freon to the A/C system. This problem was communicated when service was requested, cost of freon was $30.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, mold removal

07/01/2010

BONNIE S.

I called Morris (this company installed my furnace and A/C 15yrs ago and I continue to use them) on a Thur afternoon when my A/C quit producing cool air that week and I couldn't stand the heat anymore to come and check it out. They could have scheduled me in the next day, but my work schedule did not permit it, so we settled on Tuesday of the next week at 8AM. The service tech showed up exactly on time and ready to check things out. He was clean, friendly, and went right to work. During the investigation, it was found that he needed an older part that was not on the truck so he called his company. The company then called me and told me the issue with the part, and instead of having the service tech drive around trying to find it, told me he would try to locate the part himself for the tech and the tech could go to the next appt, and then come back that day as soon as they had the part. This was definitely to my advantage to do, as they were not going to charge me for the time locating the part- only the time he was at my residence. I appreciate that type of customer service. The tech did come back the same day in the early afternoon and went right to work replacing the part and doing whatever was necessary to get my A/C back in order. Rather than replace the obsolete item, they retrofitted the unit with a newer item, so that in the future, if the same part was ever needed, it would already be on the truck- very proactive. I asked the service tech several questions about my unit as to its reliability (due to the 15yr age on it) and he answered them all clearly and gave me some tips to keep it running for a longer time before replacement would be necessary. He was very cordial and professional thru the entire process and I will continue to use Morris for any heating and cooling issues..

Description of Work
A/C stopped putting out cool air and the A/C was repaired.

10/28/2009

Larry B.

I had another company that came out and diagnosed the problem bad and said it would $400 to fix it was probably a $100 part. I called them and they came out and looked at it and figured out that it was the problem with the gas valve and replaced it. They were really good.

Description of Work
I used Morris Heating & Cooling 26th of October and they replaced the gas valve.

04/20/2009

RANDY & CINDY K.

They were very friendly, excellent work, competent and fairly priced.

Description of Work
They serviced our oil furnace.

03/25/2009

Sandeep R.

They showed up on time for thier appointment. After they completed their work they left the area nice and clean. They seemed to be knowledgeable about what they were doing.

Description of Work
Knochelmann came out and performed a routine fall/spring service on my heating and A/C sytem. They also replaced a faulty switch while they were here.

10/30/2007

John F.

Very well and everything is back up and working well.

Description of Work
Replaced cooling coil for HVAC unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

THANKS FOR YOUR REPORT. PLEASE CALL IF THERE IS ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR INSTALL, OR NEED ANY ASSISTANCE. WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!!

08/15/2007

BONNIE S.

This company installed my heating/air unit years ago and I have always called them for service. This time was no exception. They took my call on the first time, told me someone would be there that day, and about 4 hrs later, they showed up and did the work. He was personable, professional, and knowledgeable and the problem was fixed quickly. I have had no problem with the repair.

Description of Work
They came out and repaired a wire to the outside AC condenser unit. He then checked the inside unit for operation. He then went back outside and tie wrapped the wire back to the other condenser hoses so that it would not be dangling down and get cut off by the weed whacker or mower.

10/05/2006

CHERYL Z.

The service technicians were all very friendly. It did take more than two weeks for them to get the replacement unit which seems like an exceptionally long time in 90 degree heat. They did a poor job communicating on the progress in acquiring the parts.

Description of Work
Morris Installed the heating and cooling unit on our new home. The unit quit working shortly there after and the company had to return to fix the issue, which was a broken compressor.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

UNFORTUNATELY MORRIS HEATING & COOLING DOES NOT MANUFACTURE THE UNITS, WE JUST INSTALL THEM. WE DID REPLACE THE UNIT SHE HAD PROBLEMS WITH FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. WE DO APOLOGIZE FOR HER INCONVENIENCE AND APPRECIATE HER AS A CUSTOMER.

06/28/2004

MARY JO S.

I ONLY HAD 1 COMPLAINT. I REFERRED (MY SALESMAN) TO A CO-WORKER AND WHEN MY NAME WAS MENTIONED MY SALESMAN DID NOT KNOW WHO I WAS. I FEEL HE SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST KNOWN MY NAME. I DID SPEND $3350.00 WITH HIS COMPANY.

Description of Work
OLD FURNACE WAS REMOVED ALONG WITH CENTRAL AIR EQUIPMENT. NEW FURNACE AND CENTRAL AIR EQUIPMENT INSTALLED. (PRICE INCLUDED EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR THE SYSTEM). COLD AIR RETURN INSTALLED IN 2ND FLOOR BEDROOM.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

THANKS FOR THE REPORT. OUR SALESMAN MAY NOT HAVE REMEMBERED YOU, BUT WE DO. WE APOLOGIZE AND APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME TO ADVISE ON A UNIT THAT WAS INSTALLED IN 2004. WE NOW HAVE A NEW SALESMAN WHO IS ALSO THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY. NOT ONLY DOES HE TAKE TIME WITH THE CUSTOMER, HE DOESN'T FORGET ANYONE. AGAIN, THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND RATING.

Comfort Air Technologies

When you are in need of a heating and cooling company, Comfort Air Technologies is the area's best locally-owned and operated HVAC company that provides quality HVAC services to fit your needs. We strive to offer the best customer service with quality products. We can handle everything from heating repairs to air conditioning replacements. Rest easy knowing we will make sure your home is comfortable for your family. Call today for a free quote!

Craftsman Electric Inc

Full service, award winning electrical contractor licensed in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. 90+ employees allow for prompt service, including 24-hour emergency service. 10% discount for Angi members.

Apollo Home

Apollo Home strives to be the one company you can count on day or night for home repair, maintenance and comfort. We specialize in residential repair and replacement of heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing and electrical systems, as well as drain clearing and main sewer line repair. We service Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. We are on time. We know your time is valuable, so Apollo promises to arrive at your home within the time window you select. If our technician doesn’t arrive on time, we’ll waive the service charge.* Repairs are Breakdown Free. If the same part or repair fails in the first year, we guarantee to replace the part and do the repair again for free.* We offer Peace of Mind. We accept responsibility for your complete 100% satisfaction with the operation of the equipment and service provided by Apollo and paid for by you. If you are dissatisfied with our work, we will promptly correct the problem or keep working until the problem is resolved. HVAC Lemons Not Allowed. Your entire heating or cooling unit installed by Apollo will be replaced by Apollo at NO CHARGE if your heat exchanger or AC compressor fails within 20 years of the installation date.** Apollo Home technicians, plumbers, and electricians are professionals who are trained to be experts in their fields and have received hundreds of hours of training from Apollo Home through our industry-certified education program, Apollo Home University. All of our HVAC technicians, electricians and plumbers wear an Apollo Home uniform and undergo a rigorous background check. The process includes drug testing, criminal check and drivers check. All are licensed and insured. We’re proud of our team and want you to be comfortable with them in your home. Feel free to ask them questions! They’re happy to explain their process, how something works or teach you how to perform basic maintenance.

Offers by Apollo Home on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Residential, Commercial & Light Industrial Heating & Cooling Equipment & Electric Installation, Maintenance, & Repair