Arronco Comfort Air

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 2005

5578 Limaburg Rd

Burlington, KY 41005

We ensure our qualified employees have high moral character. Our team members pass background checks, drug tests and complete the highest certifications available so you can trust them in your home. We only hire employees with great work ethic and a dedication to complete customer satisfaction.

10/20/2021

Patrick K.

Called and showed up as promised. Great service.

Description of Work
Making sure our geothermal unit was ready for winter.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

08/17/2021

Patrick K.

Our air conditioning went and Cody from Arronco came out, put in more coolant, but identified that our cooling coil was leaking. He ordered a replacement part that took a week to arrive. Since our unit is elevated in our garage it took 3 people and a fork lift to lower the unit and replace the coil. Arronco arrived on time completed the job and waited 20 minutes to make sure our air conditioning was working. Our unit is 10 years old but we had the extended warranty and we were charged nothing. We have Arronco service our unit every six months, they replace our filters and check the system. I wish all our service providers were half as good as Arronco.

Description of Work
Replace cooling coil in our geothermal

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

07/06/2020

Lori S.

They fixed our AC in 2 days! Very prompt and friendly technicians! Joyce in the office is a gem! They were all very honest, which is very important, especially since we dealt with a dishonest company before calling Arronco. I highly recommend Arronco for all of your AC & Heating needs. Keep up the good work, and thank you!

Description of Work
Replaced the AC coil and recharged AC

06/26/2019

Doug B.

They did a good job. A few hiccups but still a good company.

Description of Work
installed new ac hvac unit

02/21/2018

Tristan F.

Our heat was not working so we called Arronco since they originally installed the system. We were charged for re-wiring the system but they didn't tighten up any of the wires at the furnace. He saw I had an air cleaner and kept saying it was causing a restriction. They did not fix the issue and charged us $159.00. When I called an Amana dealer they were able to find wires that were not connected correctly, a blown fuse at the furnace controller, and none of the settings on the honeywell controller were set properly. My system was running on default. The Amana dealer fixed the problem and my heat is working great. The Amana dealer confirmed that my air cleaner was not an issue. I would not recommend Arronco Comfort Air because they didn't fix my problem. This is a response to the service provider's response: Arronco stated I am an Amana dealer which is absolutely not true. They said I tried to pressure them and that I never had them back which is not true either. I did have them back out. They never gave us a receipt. They were also blaming our system due to the power outage which had nothing to do with the controller which was not programmed correctly.

Description of Work
Arronco originally installed an Amana hybrid system. They worked for the builder of the home.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We, in fact, did install the Amana equipment back in 2016. We have not been back to the residence since installation. When we arrived on January 30, 2018, our tech found that the Customer had a high-pressure code and a 3 blackout. The customer had problems after the blackout. The customer had another company come out and rewire only to do backup heat. We rewired and cycled for all modes. The customer called back 2/1 to say that it wasn’t fixed, he said our tech didn’t know what he’s doing and declined to have another tech back. We offered the same day at no charge, and he still declined. We refunded him his 99.00 service fee from his total bill. We believe that the “Amana dealer” he is referencing is, in fact, his son. We will not be refunding the remaining balance.

08/23/2017

SUSAN S.

I’ve had them come for 15 years. I used them because they’re the ones who installed my equipment and they know it. My first impression was that they were very professional and they followed through and did the work they said they were going to do.

Description of Work
They come every year, in the spring and the fall. They change my filters and check my air conditioning and/or my heating systems.

06/24/2017

Michael F. S.

We're pretty satisfied. They're very professional upfront, good quality and trustworthy. It takes about 30 minutes to complete the job. They clean up behind themselves.

Description of Work
They did maintenance on the system.

05/12/2017

Diane E.

They're very responsive and their customer service is good. They're very knowledgeable and explain things well. Kevin is the technician that has been doing the maintenance on our HVAC system for years. He is always prompt and does a good job.

Description of Work
We've been using Arronco Comfort Air for many years after our neighbor recommended them. We have a yearly HVAC maintenance package with them. They come out every year to do the Furnace and A/C Tune-Up.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your kind words and allowing us to maintain your HVAC system. We will be sure to pass along your review to Kevin. We look forward to meeting your needs and expectations again in the future.

02/04/2016

Scott C.

In Sept 2005 we had Arronco Comfort Air Inc.install a complete Geothermal system in our new construction home. From the beginning until now we have contacted Arronco Comfort Air Inc. company regarding issues and efficiency issues. With in the first 2 months our electric bills totaled roughly $1200. I contacted Arronco and they sent a technician out and he stated that the system was not programmed correctly at the main unit and it was running on emergency heat. Arronco corrected the setting issue and I called Andy requesting their company to reimburse us for the high bills. Andy refused to reimburse us for the company?s mistake and instead he offered us a 3 year maintenance agreement. We expressed that this was not needed since the system was under a 10 year warranty and per his comments the system required very little maintenance. Since then I have called Arronco and Andy many times stating that the system was not running as efficient as sold to us and that our neighbors Geothermal bills were $250 plus dollars cheaper per month and have had repairs done that were under warranty during this time. Andy stated that do to our case windows being bigger that could be an issue and suggested us to get an energy audit. Getting no where we decided to get an energy audit thru Owen Electric and there was no big efficiency issues they could find with our insulation or our house envelope. After that we decided to be proactive and install more insulation in our attic, added recessed lighting cones, sprayed in insulation in our basement studded walls, energy efficient light bulbs and many other small changes. After doing all of this our bills were still much higher than similar geothermal homes. Since nothing was making it noticeably better and the lack of response from Arronco we decided to call another Water Furnace dealer to come evaluate the system. There findings were that the system was wire backwards and our system was running since first installed in the higher stage which cause our higher electric bills and more wear and tear on our system. We were also told that our ductwork system was not properly sized for our house and that was also part of the problem. Wanting another opinion since we were stunned by his findings we called out another company and they has the same findings. Stunned with this information we contacted Arronco and asked for their best Geo Thermal guy to come view our system since we were not getting the efficiency promised/expected. Arronco's employee really couldn?t find what was wrong with our system even after I suggested to him that we felt the system was not wired properly basically leading him to the water but he still did not find anything. After explaining all the things we have done he did agree our bills were to high for the system. He told me he would put a compressor replacement on paper but it really wasn?t what was wrong with the system but felt that was best. After Arronco's employee left I had already scheduled another Geothermal company to come in for another opinion roughly 2 hours after your Arronco's technician left. The following company had the same findings as the first company. A few days went by and I received a call from Matt Ulm stating that he had prepared a proposal for us and I requested him to send it via email. After we reviewed the proposal we were shocked and convinced that Arronco had been dishonest with us. I called Matt Ulm on Feb 2nd stating that we would not replace our 9 year old system and would get it repaired under warranty instead. Not sure the repair was even needed since Arronco had already done replacement to the compressor in 2008 and the tech didn?t find a problem with the compressor as indicated verbally to me even though he put it down on the repair invoice. I told Matt that we had a 2nd opinion that day after Arronco had left and their findings were the system was wired wrong along with the undersized ductwork. At this point concerned about Arronco?s integrity I did inform Matt that we had an another opinion prior to Arronco?s arrival and after. He said he was going to connect with his technician and Andy and get back to be. Roughly 3 weeks later with no response I asked Matt to have the president of Arronco contact me regarding the situation. I finally got an email from Matt on Feb 23rd, 2015 stating that I quote "Ronald Wolfe has retired and the company's President in now his son Andrew Wolfe. I spoke with Andrew and our technician whom was on site. Our technician wired the compressor in such a manor that it would work until we could get the replacement parts. This was to prevent the unit from running in auxiliary constantly. Disappointed in Matts response telling me the president was someone else even though I verified this at the Ky Secretary of States office to be Ronald Wolfe I knew this company was lacking entirety. I sent 2 certified letters to the president and the company with requesting the thousands of dollars lost to be reimbursed and to date there has been no response to my certified letters. I decided to file a complaint with the better business bureau. I filed the complaint and submitted all the documenttion supporting the case. The better business bureau after reviewing the documentation suggested that I agree to arbitration. I agreed. They then contacted Arronco Comfort Air Inc. and they declined the better business bureau requested. I hope by submitting my complaint that I help save another person from something like this.

Description of Work
Arronco Comfort Air Inc. came to our home over the years for geothermal issues and evaluate our high utility cost from the first month of installation.

09/04/2015

Suzanne V.

TERRIBLE. We purchased this EXTREMELY expensive Bryant HVAC unit six years ago from Arronco. When the salesman met with me at the time and mentioned the extended warranty, I said yes we wanted that. It turns out he never added it to my invoice, so we are out of luck on any future repairs. I had inquired about this awhile back when we had another issue. They worked with us a little, but we still had to pay for the repair. You would think after spending such a HUGE amount on this system, they would make it right, but no they did not. So, now we have a part that went bad on the AC unit and we had to pay $400.00 to have it fixed. The office staff as well did not handle this service call well either. We have paid every year for the fall and spring maintenance plan ever since installation and had a problem one year where the technician had to come back to fix something he messed up. My last comment is that after being GOUGED when we bought this unit, we are having to do repairs on it. PIECE OF EXPENSIVE JUNK!!!!!!

Description of Work
Replaced a part on a 6 year old furnace.

01/31/2015

DEBBIE T.

I called Arronco when my daughters heat had quit. They were able to schedule service promptly. Nathan came, introduced himself and went right to work. After his testing of the unit he detailed the problem, explained the costs and in no time had it fixed. We found him to be very honest and will definitely request him again. Thanks Nathan!! Your professionalism is to be commended.

Description of Work
Replaced a part on a unit.

10/16/2014

Ted T.

The salesman was very professional. He recommended high efficiency furnace that qualified for rebates. All went like clockwork. The crew included a chief who coordinated everything from early preparation to final installation. The work was done quickly, all in one day. Everything was put back the way it was before they arrived. Except for the heat now working you'd never know they were there. I highly recommend Arronco to anyone.

Description of Work
Replaced gas furnace

10/10/2014

Jennifer B.

They were nice and polite, but obviously were looking for easy answers.

Description of Work
Arronco originally installed my air conditioner. A lemon! However, I have had to have work done on it from day 1…literally. Several different service men have said there is a small leak and easier to just add Freon vs spending the money to find the leak. This went on year after year. They would get it running, but at the beginning of each spring/summer…yet again an issue. Fed up, I called an alternative service I found in Angie’s List and have been happy since. That company found the leak and I have not had an issue since. Turned out to be an issue with a part and the condensation building up.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[removed member name], I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations. I checked our records and our system notes indicate that a leak search was recommended on 4/19/2011 and again on 3/21/2012 during our last service at this address, and the leak search was declined. That being said obviously there was a communication breakdown somewhere along the line. I will use this feedback for training purposes with our technicians. Thank you very much for your feedback and I apologize for any inconvenience.

10/10/2014

Randal M.

The service was relatively fast for what it was. All of the parts were there and they finished a bit after they promised but did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Full replacement of HVAC system including furnace, ac compressor, and air handler.

10/09/2014

Frederick B.

It was good. They also did the installation. They do the work and don't leave a mess. They were on time.

Description of Work
They did a regular cleaning on my furnace.

10/09/2014

James H.

It was done professionally. I was able to get a government rebate. They have serviced my furnace ever since. I've had no problems. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They installed a new air conditioner and furnace.

Larry M.

It went well. They are good at setting up times with no long windows. They have been up front with us if something is worth fixing.

Description of Work
They serviced our furnace. They also fixed some humidifiers.

Robert B.

My husband deals with them. We are very satisfied with their service. They've worked for us for 30 years. We have recommend them to others. They made us aware of the government rebate that we took advantage of.

Description of Work
They replaced our air conditioner and furnace.

Deborah C.

They are very good and thorough. I have a service contract with them.

Description of Work
They serviced my geothermal system.

Don S.

They do a good job with a professional approach. They have a good engineering staff. We had our furnace put in about 3 years ago, its a hydro and we get the heat out of the ground, they had a good engineering aspect for it. They even had a well digger. Whenever they send a technician out, he is very knowledgable. They fixed a problem on the whole house generator that another company had put in. They come out in the spring and fall. I recommend them to others. We have several rental properties and our own home that they work with. We have used them for 3 or 4 years.

Description of Work
They did a spring check up for all our properties.

Tracy W.

It was good. They always service our system. We always end up with the same service tech. He is friendly. He got to the house before I did.

Description of Work
They serviced our furnace. A wire had come disconnected and they fixed that as well.

TIMOTHY T.

The work was good but I had some issues settling a claim that they did some damage to my house. They hit a air pocket. They did a lot of double talk when trying to settle with them. I am happy with furnace but was frustrated on how they went about to get the house repaired.

Description of Work
They cleaned my geothermal furnace.

Julian C.

It was fine. They did a good job. The price was reasonable. They installed the system.

Description of Work
They repaired my air conditioning unit.

Jeffrey H.

It was great. They are very conscientious and thorough.

Description of Work
They worked on our furnace.

Jeanette S.

It was ok. We always call them to work for our system. They are very prompt when we call.

Description of Work
They worked on the furnace.