ACA Handyman Solutions

Founded 1997 • With Angi since July 2011

4.1

2146 Porter Pike

Bowling Green, KY 42103

DBA Home Services & A CutAbove Handyman. ACA Handyman Solutions, brings to our well appreciated customers of the mid-south, prompt, reliable, courteous service. We offer affordable solutions to all your repair and construction needs....

02/16/2015

Jeannie H.

He initially quoted me the job at $45 but by the end charged me $80.00. Additionally he tracked dirt all over my home. Worst of all when he left, I checked his work and the doors would not close or lock.

Description of Work
He changed the locks on two doors.

10/09/2014

Angela G.

Handyman showed up late and brought sick son with him. Said his son could not go to school that day so he had to bring him along. This might have been ok except I was pregnant and had a toddler with me at my home and do not really want extra germs brought into the house. It took several hours to perform the job but I thought it was at least done well. The light and exhaust fan seemed to work fine. However, we are now in the process of selling our home and had a home inspection done and apparently the handyman we used had no idea what he was doing because he did not follow electrical code at all. We had to find an electrician to come fix his mistakes and we realized that something could have gone seriously wrong but we were just lucky that nothing had caught fire in the last 2 years. I would definitely never use them again, especially since they still have not contact me back about the issues we found.

Description of Work
Replaced exhaust fan and light in bathroom

04/24/2014

jeffrey D.

See above! This guy gets an "F" all the way around!

Description of Work
Planned to contract Home Services Handyman Services to hang a custom door between my kitchen and laundry room using barn door hardware. His ad was in the Bowling Green Daily News Newspaper inclusive of his status on Angie's List! After telephonically discussing the job with him on Tuesday afternoon, we agreed on having him come to my house to prepare an estimate on Thursday at 12:30. On Thursday at 12:10, he called wishing to cancel the site visit and wanted me to photograph the area and door so that he would not "waste $40 in gas!" Note, I live exactly 16 miles from Bowling Green (the city in which his office is based)! So, without hesitation from him, I canceled any potential business relationship with him! I moved to south central KY nearly 4 1/2 years ago from Indianapolis and have yet to be impressed with the work ethic of the service businesses in this area! Either they don't want to work or their work is substandard!

Category contractors

The purpose of reguesting a picture was to know what we was working with didnt have no idea what job cost was going to be and didnt want to make multiple trips he didnt want to comply with my request so wanted to go with someone else I said ok then a hr later called threatening me with this f rating to ruin my business thank everyone for the time to read this

04/23/2014

Thomas M.

It has been a good experience with them. They came and gave me an estimate and did the work very quickly. They seemed to be prompt.

Description of Work
I used Home Services for some roof repair. I am having them do some interior repair right now.

05/22/2013

Belinda P.

They were really nice. They were excellent with fixing my problem. They were reasonable with the price and honest about the work.

Description of Work
They fixed a couple bathroom sinks for me.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

05/17/2013

Ricky H.

we set a date, 5 weeks from when we signed contract. I took a weeks vacation, so they could have all week to do job, said it was a 3 day job. they were going to start on Monday A.M. but did not show up til 12:00 Tues. never showed back up to do job. I called several times with no answer, left messages. they finally called back late Fri afternoon. I told them I wanted my money back, because they didn't do job. they said ok. 2 week later no response, I finally got hold of someone, told him the story, said he would check into it. Said they were having problems with employees. called back a week later was told if I want my money back, I would need to sue the person that we gave the money to. at the time the person was running the business, using company phone, invoices, vehicles etc., but now they say it wasn't the company it was

Description of Work
hired them to fix nail pops, replace cracked drywall tape, retexture ceiling & paint, reseal outside windows

Category drywall, handyman service, house painters

05/06/2013

James H.

A week after there initial visit I called to schedule the work to be done. I was unable to talk with anyone at that time and left a detailed message that include my name, address, phone number and why I was calling. I did not receive a call back and I did not try to contact them a second time.

Description of Work
Initial contact with ACA was great. They were on time and very professional. Explained what they would do, what we could expect, i.e. how long to do the work etc. Provided estimated cost, labor materials & etc. The ratings submitted are based on the fact I did hear back from them. (see below).

05/03/2013

Bill B.

They were timely with the estimate. They seemed to be professional & they said they could do the work. They came up with a reasonable price. We were supposed to pay 1/2 as deposit up front & 1/2 on completion. They came in & started with painting; but they grabbed the wrong color. The cut-in was done in one color & the walls were painted with something totally different. I have to admit that could've been a mix up with the paint-provider, but they didn't catch it. I'd picked the colors but they were supposed to responsible for getting the paint & other materials. Some of the paint colors ended up too dark; it required repainting - two room which I did myself. I feel like they should've noticed this paint problem & stopped & asked me what to do before moving. As it turns out I ended up having to provide the paint anyway in the first place. Instead of focusing on one project they did all kinds of things - half-started, half-finished. We'd saved the original chimneys but they needed to spruce up the trim around the top of the chimney. All I've got is a piece of trim tacked up there without it having been mitered - definitely not finished. I also noticed a few tiles loose in the hall bath. I asked them to quote replacing these couple tiles along with some other tile removal. We were told there was a slow leak & the floor needed to be replaced. Plumbing was exposed & someone stepped on it & broke a pipe. There are so many other things as well that went wrong - the shower, which was examined by a different company, after this company completed it, is apparently completely incorrectly installed. They need a jack hammer to fix this! They put the supply line for the toilet 6" away from where the toilet is supposed to sit! As it turns out the owner of the company is incarcerated but the family is trying to keep the business going & using subcontractors under ACA's name. One of the contractors was let to go after drinking on the job. He called an inspector & got the licenses rescinded & the business has shut down. I don't know where my key is that I gave them & have to change the locks now. Now, I've got one person - a family friend of the business - trying to make things right, but overall it's just been a nightmare. He's only showed up a couple times. I've missed putting the house on the market when I wanted to on April 1st. Selling this house is a huge part of arranging my future. I've now tapped out my credit cards & bought thousands in materials. I've got a bathroom that used to work but doesn't now; the floor is nearly a full inch lower than the hall. They got paint on the ceilings which now have to be re-painted. I've got about an inch of drywall & concrete dust all over my house - including in between the logs in the cabin which will take serious deep cleaning. So much money - & even a Jeep in trade! - has gone into this & there is no more money available to hire someone to fix it. We're tapped out & they're not doing simply what they said. We're turning to Angie's List for help. We've been devastated by this & just want them to make this right without further cost.

Description of Work
We have an 1800's original log cabin with a build on - about 3000 sq ft total - which we're putting on the market. They were supposed to do various little things to get it ready.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

05/02/2013

Charie S.

I wasn't happy, only one room was done well and the others I am having to repaint myself. They only spent part of the first day working, and the second day charged me an additional $1000. The rooms I have to repaint had roller fuzz and the ceiling and trim were splattered. The painters were nice, but the service wasn't good. I don't want them to come back to my home, even to re-do the work. They did not honor the coupon for one day's work and charged more money. I provided the scaffolding and paint myself, all they had to do was show up.

Description of Work
ACA Handyman Solutions Interior Painting

Category interior painters

04/25/2013

Robin C.

The job was not performed by ACA.

Description of Work
I scheduled three visits with this company with three no shows. They were very courteous on the phone and apologized for their failure to make the scheduled visit which gave me the confidence to make three attempts. It caused a 3 week delay in completing my hardwood floor install. Upon giving up and locating another contracted, it was an additional 2 weeks to allow my job to get scheduled with the new contractor. It was unfortunate I had to assign the low rating since I selected them based on their high scores on Angiel's list.

02/02/2013

Katelyn K.

I had a leak in the bathroom causing the floor to buckel. They arrived promplty at the scheduled time. They then gave an estimate of the damage and said that this was not "handyman" work and I could not use the coupon that I had purchased from Angie's List. They then instructed me to contact Angie's list for a refund because they wouldn't credit any of the amount of the credit towards the work. I got a full refund from Angie's List, so I really can't complain about that.

Description of Work
No services were performed.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

01/07/2013

Carol C.

From the first phone call to the end product, very fast, efficient, great work, cleaned up area, and made sure I was satisfied before I wrote check. Will use them again!!ng Green

Description of Work
They worked on several rental properties I have. Repairing french doors that someone had kicked in, replaced front door, repaired ceiling from roof leak, built wall to divide bedroom in basement.

12/10/2012

Elizabeth S.

It went great. I found out why an additional service wasn't needed too, which saved me money. Thanks, ACA!

Description of Work
The nice people from ACA Handyman fixed my dryer vent, putting a new one on in record time. The whole visit took about 15 minutes only, which I liked. The bill was very reasonable, and they were most polite too. They came at 9:30 the next full business day.

Category handyman service, dryer vent cleaning

11/20/2012

Jennifer L.

We were looking for a carpenter to add crown molding, base molding and moldings around doors and windows in our house as we are remodeling. We saw other good reviews for ACA Handyman on Angie's List and gave them a call. They answered our call, made an appointment and came early to the appointment! All things I have not had other do in the past. They were able to get measurements and a quote during the initial appointment and we decided to move forward. We had existing crown molding we were tying into in our hallway and dining room and the ACA Handymen were able to do so without being able to tell! They were on time each day, and although it took an extra day to complete, it worked out fine. We also had them hang a new door to an existing door frame and it looks wonderful. They had to widen the door hinges and added a door handle. There was one split in the molding on the window, but our painter was able to patch it with no problems and you can't tell it was even there. We are extremely happy with the outcome of moldings. We wish we would have known about them sooner to do other work in the house! We will continue to use them on other projects and strongly recommend ACA Handyman to others!

Description of Work
Crown molding added, base molding added, molding around windows and doors. A new door hung with hinges and door knob added.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

11/10/2012

Rhonda L.

Everything was excellent from start to finish! They are very easy to deal with and the workers are very efficient and capable. They were able to suggest different options and ideas that I hadn't thought of to ensure that I received the best price possible. I HIGHLY recommend them.

Description of Work
I had many jobs around my house that needed completed----painting, ceiling tile replacement, installing 3 new doors, replacing plywood and installing paneling in my enclosed back porch.

Category contractors, decks, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors

10/03/2012

Rebecca T.

These men grasped the concept of what I had in mind immediately, and set out to exceed my expectations. They were on time and budget, and seemed to really care that the remodel was done exactly right. They could not have done a better job if they had been working on their own home.

Description of Work
Fireplace renovation. Took an old, dated brick floor-to-ceiling fireplace, and drywalled the top portion, tiled the hearth, and built a beautiful fireplace surround and mantle.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, fireplaces, woodworking, interior painters

08/08/2012

Tonya C.

We called ACA to give us an estimate on moving cubicle walls here in our office. They came in, gave a estimate that was a little higher (but only by $20) than the others I had received, but could do the job immediately. They moved the walls and placed them in the metal studs-which they were not placed in before, thus doing the job correctly; spackle the holes left from the old placement; moved the desks for us; and EVEN RAN THE VACUUM TO CLEAN UP!!!! I was very impressed with their professionalism, their candor, and the way they completed the job in record time--they did not "dilly dally" around like most do. I will DEFINITELY use them in the future and will tell everyone i know what a great job they do. They were honest, gave fair prices and did I mention...THEY CLEANED UP AND RAN THE VACUUM! They are TRULY A CUT ABOVE! People do not provide service like that often, and I greatly appreciate it!

Description of Work
ACA came and moved preexisting cubical walls for the Manpower office in Bowling Green, KY. They removed the walls from the existing spot, moved them-securing them to the metal studs in the walls,spackled the old holes, and even cleaned up!!!

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling

07/03/2012

Karen H.

I was very pleased with the level of service, quick response time and price. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Trimmed bushes and cleaned up clippings, replaced storm door closer, removed water softener system and fixed gas grill.

Category gas grill repair, handyman service, lawn service, water softeners, doors

05/30/2012

Lauren B.

It went well and I was quite pleased.

Description of Work
ACA replaced a cracked window in my home. They did a great job.

Category handyman service, replacement windows

05/14/2012

Diana H.

I wasn't very happy with them. The first time they were great. I called them out a week later and they overcharged me. They did a crappy job and when I told them they did a crappy job they promised they would come back and fix it and they didn't. When I called them up to fix something else for me and I told them it was super important, they promised me that they would come over so I didn't bother getting anybody else because they promised to come over and then they didn't even bother calling. I called them an hour before my company was supposed to show up, he said they couldn't come over because they were too busy so they just kind of left me. He didn't really seem to care when I told him that I wasn't happy about it. The first time I told them that they didn't wire something correctly and he said he would come back to fix it and he didn't. The first time they only set up a light fixture switch on one side and not the other side of the room. It was like that before they changed out the ceiling fan for the light fixture so I called and told them because it was driving me crazy and he said that he would come out Saturday to fix it and I never saw him. That was another time he stood me up. The first time he came out, he was super cheap because he had a very expensive chandelier in exchange for a payment. I guess to recoup it he charged me like $500 when he came out again to do a real simple paint job. It was just to paint a small 10x10 basement room. I questioned him and he said that some jobs are more expensive than others, meaning that he had to recoup from the last job. I saw that the chandelier was $70 that he put on the internet for $500. The first time he came out he did a great job so I had him come back a couple more times. He had all the right words but he didn’t follow up.

Description of Work
I used A Cut Above Handyman Solutions to put up a light fixture and they came a second time to do painting.

Category handyman service, lighting, interior painters

ACA Started work for this lady by taking an unwanted item ( Light Fixture) in trade for assembling and hanging up fixtures and only charging $50.00 for the service call.normally costing $129.00. In my records this is called a favor. She was very happy and called us back to do more work in basement and bath. This was all approved and she loved it.A $200.00 dollar discount was given to her on this project too. She WANTED US TO COME BACK FOR A THIRD TIME AND WE WERE NOT ABLE TO GET HER BACK ON SCHEDULE UNTIL LATER IN THE MONTH SO SHE STATED" I will just find someone else. So I am assuming she has gotten upset and wrote this about ACA whom is very courteous, carry good values and excellent workmanship. We strive very hard to please our customers and we acomplish that by about a 99% rating. We pray that this rating does not affect us showing you our best. Our references and integrity speak for itself. Thank You!

04/18/2012

Don C.

They did a good job and were great the whole time. The guy who did it was very professional and cared very much about the job that he did and about how it looked. He went through several designs with my wife. They came back twice with things my wife said weren't quite right for her because she's a perfectionist, and he made sure they were done properly.

Description of Work
They put a back splash in the kitchen and are going to remodel our bathroom.

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

03/28/2012

Amy L.

They are still not done. Overall it was really bad. I am filing paperwork. I would never use him again.

Description of Work
I used A Cut Above Handyman Solutions last summer. They were supposed to replace my bathroom. I paid them in advance. I was living out of state and I bought a house that needed the bathroom removed and replaced. He knew my deadline but he didn’t do the work. The work that was done wasn’t respectable. He did things like put ½ inch plywood on the floor instead of ¾ inch. It was a bathroom and the sheet rock is supposed to be water resistant and it was not.

Category home remodeling

I am sorry I have no knowledge of this customer!!! Please Disregard the se people have me confused with someone else.

03/15/2012

Norma H.

I had previously contracted with one of the big box companies to replace a hot water heater that had quit working in one of our rentals. They failed to show up. I canceled that contract and called Landon. Because the person living in the apartment had no hot water, Landon said he would make time to complete the job that day as he considered the situation an emergency. We were very grateful for his caring nature. Landon brought the new hot water heater and he and a helper installed the until that afternoon. The space for removing the old unit was very tight. The trim and dry wall had to be torn down in another apartment during a previous install. We told Landon we understood that they would probably need to do the tear down and then repair the damage in this one as well. Landon and his helper worked and struggled until they got the unit out with no damage. There was hot water flowing when the tenant returned that evening. That is about as good as it gets!

Description of Work
Landon removed and installed a new hot water heater in a very tight closet space in one of our rental homes.

Category handyman service, water heater repair

03/07/2012

Kelly M.

They came to our house 2 days after I called to give us an estimate on the work we needed done in our upstairs bathroom. They were very professional and listened to what we needed. We had a short time frame to work with as we had family arriving in a few days to visit. They worked with our time frame and our budget. They helped to find the most economical way to get the job completed on time. We were very pleased with the workmanship. And they were patient when our dogs greeted them upon their arrival. We would highly recommend A Cut Above Handymen. We plan on having more work done in the future and will definitely call them.

Description of Work
Bathroom walls and ceiling repaired, new skim coat and paint. New caulk around shower. New baseboard. Fixed rotted floor area around tub. Laid ceramic tile flooring.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, water damage restoration, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

01/17/2012

Lauren B.

I've been trying to get this job done for months. I called them on a Thursday and the work was done the following Tuesday. I had thought one thing but a better suggestion was offered. I took the suggestion and it's just perfect. Absolutely what I imagined.

Description of Work
Installed shelves and moved wall connecting two closets

Category closet systems, drywall, handyman service, remodeling