ROD'S HOME IMPROVEMENTS-RODNEY BARNES

Founded 1997 • With Angi since May 2007

Rod's Home Improvement and Repairs is an owner-operated company. Our focus is always on quality and customer satisfaction on every job. We can provide most any home improvement/home repair or remodeling service you may need...large or small... and keep your cost at a reasonable price. We are

handyman (124)home remodeling (35)interior painting (24)electrician (23)tile installation (23)door installation (21)plumbers (20)drywall (18)woodworking (17)lighting (15)flooring (15)general contractors (10)

11/04/2022

Chris M.

Rod went above and beyond to get our project done in a short window. His work looks perfect and he works so incredibly hard.

Description of Work
Electrical

Category electrician

Work Completed On 11/04/2022

10/08/2022

Mimi S.

Rod’s responded to our request for quotes, kept in touch to schedule visits and get the job done. Very reasonable price and work well-done. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Cabinet rehang

Work Completed On 10/08/2022

01/19/2022

Ryan B.

Rod was fantastic to work with. Our neighbor hired him years ago to remodel her bathroom. We saw the excellent quality of work that he performed with her shower. She recommended him to us during our search for quotes. He was very responsive and quickly came out and gave us a quote for the job. His price was very reasonable compared to other quotes we had received. We were having a master bath/shower combo taken out and wanted a new tiled walk in shower. Rod had great ideas and suggestions that fit with what we were wanting while being very functional. We arranged a time for when the job would start and he showed up on time each day completing the task over a few weeks. He and his coworker Jerry were very polite and trustworthy. We had no issues with them working in our home while we were not there. They made sure the bathroom was clean each day and everything was put away since we were living in the space during the remodel. We were extremely pleased with the final product and would recommend his services to anyone in the future!

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

Review for ROD'S HOME IMPROVEMENTS-RODNEY BARNES - 21 HELEN DR, Alexandria, KY - 39602516

09/01/2021

lisa and edward R.

GREAT JOB GREAT PRICE GREAT TIME FRAME AND GREAT PEOPLE! OVER ALL...........GREAT!

Description of Work
basement panneling taking down stud wall built insulated and moisture sealed reattach new panneling and put in old and new drop ceiling tiles and tracks and side trim and wall baseboards put up to match the best possible to the old. Over all they did a great job in a great timely manner, very nice people and very hard working and easy and funny to get along with. I have another project coming up and i will hire them again. They are very reasonable with what they charge, you can not go wrong with rods home improvements. I will keep their number for all and any work i need done. Great job to Rod's Home Improvement!

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, handyman service, wallpaper removal, woodworking, house painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

09/02/2020

Rachel D.

Was very impressed! Did good work and very friendly! Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

04/11/2020

Wendi H.

Rod and his partner were kind and patient. Performed services in timely manner and helped me 100% when I was in pinch to have them done quickly, even during a pandemic. They carefully took all the precautions necessary and were patient with my health issues assuring that everything I needed done was completed before they left even though we were over the scheduled time. They will be who I contact first for any handyman services In the future.

Description of Work
Furniture removal. Furniture assembly. Pictures hung.

Work Completed On 04/10/2020

10/17/2019

Shannon S.

Rodney was amazing! Even though he was busy with a big project, he made time to come help us with a consult and he ended up repairing the problem right then and there! So happy we foundation him and will definitely use again for any home repair needs!

Description of Work
Hood Vent Repair

Category appliance repair, handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

09/27/2019

DEBORAH W.

Great job stripping wallpaper and painting a hallway and high staircase. Careful, considerate and skilled. Will use again for other projects.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category handyman service, wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/31/2019

09/27/2019

Tana A.

Rodney and Jerry installed two new French doors for me, as well as remove and replace some bad wood. They did a great job! They were on time, did the work well, and were very careful about my house and the mess involved. Installed, cleaned up, and were very pleasant while working. I have one more job for them and will call them again in the future if I have work to be done.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

09/21/2019

Tana A.

They were great! They showed up when they said they would. Rodney was very knowledgeable about what needed to be done. They completed the work in a timely fashion and the price was reasonable. They did a good job and I will be having them to do more work for me.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

07/25/2019

Erin L.

Great! Excellent service and price.

Description of Work
Fixed a broken door knob.

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

06/26/2019

Brendan D.

Excellent! The original doorway was uneven and Rodney did a fantastic job reframing so there would be no gaps once the new door was installed. He located a small leak and went on the roof to seal it up properly before putting in new insulation and the new door. We really appreciated him going the extra mile to make sure the job was done right and at a fair price. We will definitely hire him again!

Description of Work
Reframing and installation of new door

Work Completed On 05/28/2019

06/13/2019

Stephen T.

No one local contractor replied to my request

Description of Work
Gutter repair

Category gutter repair, handyman service

Work Completed On 06/13/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed]. I'm Teresa from Rod's Home Improvement. I responded to your message thru AL Message Center. I apologize for not following up with you afterwards. I replied with the hope that we could get together the following Thursday. I didn't receive a response and I was somewhat overloaded at that time, so I assumed if you still needed the work done you would contact me back. Also, your method of contacting us did not provide any other information for me to contact you. I don't have a phone number, an address or even an email. We'd be glad to discuss the job with you. if you are still interested in having the work done, could you please call me on my cell at 859-835-9838. Thank you in advance! Teresa

05/30/2019

Linda H.

Even though the paint I purchased was supposed to cover in one coat he actually had to put a second coat on. I am very happy the way my bathroom looks.

Description of Work
Master bath painted

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

05/09/2019

Jonathan M.

We hired Rod to install the stairs and handrail in our house. He quoted us a fair price and they did an excellent job in a timely manner. They went above and beyond, making sure the final product was something to be proud of.

Description of Work
Installation of interior stairs and handrail

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/26/2019

Review for ROD'S HOME IMPROVEMENTS-RODNEY BARNES - 21 HELEN DR, Alexandria, KY - 37867170

12/21/2018

Janet R.

It was a complicated Project but Rodney did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend him and will call him again for future projects

Description of Work
Washer & dryer hookup

Category appliance repair, electrician, handyman service

Work Completed On 12/10/2018

09/22/2018

Amber T.

I confirmed a day in advance that Rodney would be here for our scheduled appointment - he never showed up and never reached out to me with an explanation on the day of. I would never hire this guy again for anything - he's completely unprofessional.

Description of Work
Basic handyman services (e.g. installing a cabinet and TV wall mount, hanging curtains, etc.)

Work Completed On 09/17/2018

09/17/2018

Terri T.

Left voicemail. Never returned call.

Description of Work
handyman work

Work Completed On 09/17/2018

07/10/2018

Marty H.

Execellent, he was professional, courteous, and punctual.

Description of Work
Storm door installed

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

07/01/2018

Amber H.

No idea, never got a call back. This seems to be a trend when I try to hire anyone through Angie's list.

Description of Work
Plumbing repair

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

06/25/2018

Christopher L.

Rod installed a tile backsplash (I bought materials). He did a great job and I would definitely recommend and use again.

Description of Work
Tile backsplash

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

Review for ROD'S HOME IMPROVEMENTS-RODNEY BARNES - 21 HELEN DR, Alexandria, KY - 37183178

05/16/2018

ABBY O.

Unfortunately I experienced a very unprofessional lack of reply to 2 inquiries by me. 1) I contacted them 11 days ago on Angies list messaging to request followup via email or phone to discuss my project and next steps, 2) After no reply after a week I called them and left a voice mail requesting the same followup. I have received no reply or acknowledgement of my communications. If they are busy or not interested in my project, the professional response would be to return my call and let me know that. To have no reply is disappointing and not what I would expect based on the reviews on this site.

Description of Work
Installation of shelving in Garage

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

[Member Name Removed]..I apologize for not contacting you back...we have been extremely busy professionally as well as on a personal/family basis and I admit that my return calling has been the most affected aspect... I would greatly appreciate a chance to make amends and to complete your project if you haven't already had it done. I will call you today with hopes of a new start of a great working relationship with you! Thank you in advance for your reconsideration.

05/07/2017

H Gary R.

Rodney is a true tile craftsman. We would have loved to use his services, but the floor would require more labor to do We would use them again

Description of Work
We needed bathroom remodeled

Category home remodeling