A-R Roofing LLC

Founded 1998 • With Angi since February 2008

4.3

For over 20 years, our family has maintained, repaired, and restored roofs for families and businesses. Our team has the skills to handle any size roofing or exteriors job, with special attention to safety and customer satisfaction that’s gained us a reputation for quality workmanship and unmatched guarantees. Rather than claim to be the lowest cost contractor – which often results in cheap work – we promise the best quality. We strive for your complete customer satisfaction through outstanding service, thorough maintenance and repairs, and mutual trust and understanding between our company and our customers. Each member of our team is educated and updated in the latest technologies and products, and certified to work with the best material manufacturers in the country. We’re proud of our designation as a GAF Master Elite Contractor, an elite status only 3% of roofers nationwide achieve, as well as our Mastic Elite Contractor designation. All of this adds up to A-R Roofing & Exteriors being the roofing and home exteriors contractor that you can trust for all your exterior needs, from your home to business, and windows, gutters and siding as well....

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Wichita

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Wichita! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creating a seamless experience for our customers. More than 9 out of 10 customers recommend Champion. Not only do Champion products enhance your curb appeal, but can also lower your energy bills, improve the comfort level of your home and reward you with a high return on your investment. Experience the difference Champion products can make for your home today!ENERGY STAR®, NSA, AAMA, Installation Experts, VSI, BBB, NFRC

Climate Shield Home Exteriors

📌📌NO WINDOW WELLS PLEASE! 📌📌📌 Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Thrasher Wichita

For more than 40 years, Thrasher has helped homeowners preserve and improve the value of their homes using proven basement waterproofing and structural repair solutions. Thrasher provides foundation repair, basement waterproofing, concrete lifting and leveling, radon services, egress window installation and electrical services across Nebraska, Kansas, Western Iowa and Northwest Missouri.

01/24/2018

All went well, kept me in the loop on scheduling and worksite was left clean, overall no issues.

Description of Work
Replaced roof

03/24/2017

They had to put 5 sheets of plywood on so that's going to knock the price up. I think it was going to be about $85 a sheet. It was the best estimate I had received and checking around, I found out they had a quality name and quality service.

Description of Work
Open ended quote on charges. It was taking off the old roof and putting on a new roof.

03/24/2017

They haven't done it yet. I did some checking around and I liked the reputation that I heard from people. They are wanting to do it but I'm putting them off.

Description of Work
I've got a 2 and a half level house, "A" frame. It's several different levels. It's the shape of the house that caused it to be $1500. Replace all my gutters.

Category gutter repair

03/24/2017

They have not completed, but so far, I'm very satisfied with their work.?They did a beautiful job on our roof. They've got guttering to put on yet. They are separate contracts but I haven't got a bill yet. The quality of work stood out the most. Quality of work would be my reason to recommend them to others.\ update- recently did a gutter job for me. Beyond expectations. Iv never found a contracto...

Description of Work
They got the roof done. My house and a shed.

10/05/2016

Called and they never called to schedule an appointment

Description of Work
Roof Repair

Category gutter repair

04/22/2016

It went quickly. The installers were very professional and knowledgeable about their job and product. They cleaned up so it was like they had not been here except there is a new roof sitting on top of the house. I would recommend these folks.

Description of Work
Tore off 3 layers of roofing material. Installed decking then installed Eversteel Shake Premium Lifetime roof.

Category roofer

10/05/2015

We first met with Mike, sales re for AR Roofing, on 15 Aug 2014. After measuring the roof and getting all the information needed to bid the job, he left and called a week or so later, came back gave us the bid and stated he would set up the crew and the date. They showed up on the 2 - 3 Oct 14. The first roof they put on were two different colors, when I notified AR about the discrepancies, they brought out the Shingle maker and told us to wait six months to see if shingles would season in (they did not), but AR still wanted to be paid. I did not feel comfortable paying for work that was not complete. The end of March - beginning May 2015, I contacted AR about the roof and their rep Brian and rep from Tamco Shingle Co came looked at the roof and agreed shingles were not seasoning in and needed to be replaced. We met Brain the end of May 2015, he said he would set up a crew to replace the roof, I stated that I need the whole contract to be completed by 1 Aug 2015. Brain Stated no problem. The crew showed up and replaced the second set shingles the last week July, they removed the part of gutters to replace dry rot and stated the would be back in on to two weeks to replace the gutters in the house and garage, month later still waiting. When a phone call was finally returned, I was told that they would not schedule the gutters until the second part of the bill was paid, I had not received any bill for the second part. Two weeks later the second part bill came, it is so hard to read, a call was made to home office in Kansas on 8/24/15 stating our concern and explaining the issues and problems we were having with local office, requesting a bill that matches the insurance paperwork. Was told by the home office that they would check in to this and call me back. This company I feel is unprofessional having been cussed at by one of the employees, the lack of follow up to issues and all of the other issues we have had. When we received the bill, it was hard to read and full of mistakes and over charges. After all the issues, we decided to go with another company and they finished the project and corrected the issues left by A-R Roofing.

Description of Work
Replace Roof, Gutter and Sidings

Category gutter repair contractor","roofer

04/12/2015

Had AR roofing out to replace my roof after a hail storm. I had heard good things about AR and I decided to go with them because my cheap insurance company (that I am no longer with) wouldn't give me enough money to replace it right. Phil came out to my house, did not have any shingle samples, he was pointing around at different houses telling me we kind of have this color and that color.... Should have showed him the door right then. Picked a color hoping it would be a good choice and set a schedule. We were supposed to get two solar tube sky lights that they advertised on their website as well as new gutters. Day one the guys showed up and started ripping off shingles. No big deal, replaced my pizza box vents with a ridge vent and that was good too. I asked Phil about the sky lights, he was clueless about the whole ordeal. He was finally like well if you run to Lowes and buy some kits we will put them up but only on the roof side, I have to do the rest. Guess what, no one in town had one and AR denied that they offer this service any longer. They went ahead in spite of no sky lights and must have out the worst roofer on the back of the house for a reason. I went to look and each row of shingles looked like a fun house.... At one end it was literally 2 inches between rows and at the other it was 6-7 inches. It was like this all the way up. Some slanted some huge spacing, some spaced only 2-3 inches. When I said this is unacceptable and doesn't match the workmanship of the rest of the house the head guy told me "it no leak". I said yes but this is ridiculous and it's extremely visible and I want it fixed. He didn't fix it so I called the owner of AR because Phil was unreachable. He sent out some guy and he had the gull to say "so what's the problem here?" When he was staring right at it. I said why don't you tell me? You are a professional roofing company. He said "well it really isn't that bad". I told him well "I really haven't written you a check yet and I guarantee if I hired any other company out they would find this unacceptable". Furthermore they installed the drip edge at the bottom between the clips for the gutters. I have hanging gutters and instead of pulling the bracket off they just cut sections of drip edge between the gutter clips leaving a portion of roof exposed to potential rot. The crew thought it was fine even though half the house was done correctly and the other half was not. Finally after days of negotiation to fix what they screwed up they somewhat fixed it but not well and left. When I got my bill it was a lot higher than I was quoted, I got no sky lights although the price was buried in there, and I got no new gutters through them. I also asked for a couple packs of shingles for future patches. They never left any yet I was charged. I asked multiple times. I eventually had to go elsewhere for the gutters because they refused to do them and at the end of the day I held them to their quote and did not pay extra even though I got screwed on the sky lights and in sure a portion of the gutters. It is not my fault their crew screwed up and had to redo a lot of work. Every time I see them at Te garden or home show or wherever I cringe. Overall horrible experience, don't know how they are in business. Just the other day I had to fix my moms deck roof because the drunk they sent out didn't screw it down good enough and a portion of the corrugated roof tore off in the wind. Horrible contractors, horrible service.

Description of Work
Replaced my roof

Category gutter repair contractor","roofer

12/01/2014

They did a great job and were on time. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Big Deal for $99 Roof Maintenance Package

Category roofer

08/28/2014

The roofing order included doing some repair under a window where it had leaked before. The roofers did not complete this part of the work. And it took them 3+ weeks to come back and fix the problem. But not before it rained several inches and leaked and ruined the ceiling in a hallway. There was also a board and tin that needed to be replaced - which was also in the estimate and when the guy came back to fix the leak he didn't fix it, was about to leave and I asked him about. He went back and screwed the tin to the house with out replacing the broken board, and now looks like total crap. We went with this company because our insurance suggested them. OUR FAULT - should have shopped around. Because another company told us after the fact that they would have upgraded us to the architect shingles for free and would have saved us $500.

Description of Work
Replace the entire roof on the house.

Category roofer","window installer

Residential & Commercial Roofing, Windows, Exteriors, Siding, Doors, Guttering, & Roof Repairs

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available